Convert Lead > Account-Contact-Opportunity Error

Hi,

I have several leads opened. If I create a new one it will work "but"
especially with this ONE lead I don't get it, I convert it either to Account
- Contacts or Opportunity and gives me the following error. I repeat this is
only for this one. I tried to close reopen change settings etc... Still not
working.

Microsoft CRM Platform Error Report:
Error Description:
Exception from HRESULT: 0x80042F09.

Error Details:
Details on this error have not been provided by the platform.

Error Number:
0x80042F09

Source File:
Not available

Line Number:
Not available

Date: 10-25-2004

Time: 11:35:01 AM

Type: Platform Error (2)

Server: crm01

Query String:
/SFA/leads/edit.aspxid={39AA4EB4-3786-4BA7-851E-1109E0F58D98}

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi,

The error you get is an 'failed to migrate' error. This error you would
usually get when there is an issue with licences. Please check if the lead
which you are trying to migrate is owned by somebody who has a licence.

Ronald Lemmen
Avanade Netherlands

"ArtifactZero" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have several leads opened. If I create a new one it will work "but"
> especially with this ONE lead I don't get it, I convert it either to Account
> - Contacts or Opportunity and gives me the following error. I repeat this is
> only for this one. I tried to close reopen change settings etc... Still not
> working.
>
> Microsoft CRM Platform Error Report:
> Error Description:
> Exception from HRESULT: 0x80042F09.
>
> Error Details:
> Details on this error have not been provided by the platform.
>
> Error Number:
> 0x80042F09
>
> Source File:
> Not available
>
> Line Number:
> Not available
>

> Date: 10-25-2004
>
> Time: 11:35:01 AM
>
> Type: Platform Error (2)
>
> Server: crm01
>

> Query String:
> /SFA/leads/edit.aspxid={39AA4EB4-3786-4BA7-851E-1109E0F58D98}

Hi ronald,

You are probably right on this one. The specific lead to convert is owned by
a user who dosen't have a license anymore. And I just finish read a post
about that.

Too bad we can't change all those record created by another user so they can
convert them without that error.

Even the system administrator can't change that I doubt it.

But thanks.

Mathieu

"Ronald Lemmen" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The error you get is an 'failed to migrate' error. This error you would
> usually get when there is an issue with licences. Please check if the lead
> which you are trying to migrate is owned by somebody who has a licence.
>
> Ronald Lemmen
> Avanade Netherlands
>
> "ArtifactZero" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have several leads opened. If I create a new one it will work "but"
> > especially with this ONE lead I don't get it, I convert it either to Account
> > - Contacts or Opportunity and gives me the following error. I repeat this is
> > only for this one. I tried to close reopen change settings etc... Still not
> > working.
> >
> > Microsoft CRM Platform Error Report:
> > Error Description:
> > Exception from HRESULT: 0x80042F09.
> >
> > Error Details:
> > Details on this error have not been provided by the platform.
> >
> > Error Number:
> > 0x80042F09
> >
> > Source File:
> > Not available
> >
> > Line Number:
> > Not available
> >

> > Date: 10-25-2004
> >
> > Time: 11:35:01 AM
> >
> > Type: Platform Error (2)
> >
> > Server: crm01
> >

> > Query String:
> > /SFA/leads/edit.aspxid={39AA4EB4-3786-4BA7-851E-1109E0F58D98}

Hi Mathieu,

There are two ways to solve this.
1) assign the user a licence again convert the lead then or
2) modify the database and convert the lead then.

There's a database called [CompanyName]_MSCRM. In that database, there's the
table LeadBase. This is the table where all the leads are stored. You can
update there the OwningUser of the leads, with your own userid. You can find
your own userid in the table SystemUserBase or by going to the crm app and
surfing to the user configuration. Open your own user there and press ctrl+n.
A new window will open with your userid in the address bar.

When the owning user has been changed to one with a licence (and enough
rights ofcourse) you can convert it as you wish.

Good luck,

Ronald Lemmen
Avanade Netherlands

"ArtifactZero" wrote:

> Hi ronald,
>
> You are probably right on this one. The specific lead to convert is owned by
> a user who dosen't have a license anymore. And I just finish read a post
> about that.
>
> Too bad we can't change all those record created by another user so they can
> convert them without that error.
>
> Even the system administrator can't change that I doubt it.
>
> But thanks.
>
> Mathieu
>
> "Ronald Lemmen" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > The error you get is an 'failed to migrate' error. This error you would
> > usually get when there is an issue with licences. Please check if the lead
> > which you are trying to migrate is owned by somebody who has a licence.
> >
> > Ronald Lemmen
> > Avanade Netherlands
> >
> > "ArtifactZero" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I have several leads opened. If I create a new one it will work "but"
> > > especially with this ONE lead I don't get it, I convert it either to Account
> > > - Contacts or Opportunity and gives me the following error. I repeat this is
> > > only for this one. I tried to close reopen change settings etc... Still not
> > > working.
> > >
> > > Microsoft CRM Platform Error Report:
> > > Error Description:
> > > Exception from HRESULT: 0x80042F09.
> > >
> > > Error Details:
> > > Details on this error have not been provided by the platform.
> > >
> > > Error Number:
> > > 0x80042F09
> > >
> > > Source File:
> > > Not available
> > >
> > > Line Number:
> > > Not available
> > >

> > > Date: 10-25-2004
> > >
> > > Time: 11:35:01 AM
> > >
> > > Type: Platform Error (2)
> > >
> > > Server: crm01
> > >

> > > Query String:
> > > /SFA/leads/edit.aspxid={39AA4EB4-3786-4BA7-851E-1109E0F58D98}

IE8 will not come up, only get error
I am using windows XP 64x. When I access my IE8 32 bit it will start to load the home page and immediatly show an error that it needs to close. It started acting odd, page change but still old address and slow, and then the fail to load. Also, I am getting a Google Installer error that says it needs to shut down. This will come up several times. IE 8 64x works fine. I ran a Malwarebytes and Adware program, and 2 different virus checks Any suggestion on repair or reload? I am not very good with computer terms , so any easy to understand help would be greatly appreciated...

How to Convert UTC to localTIme(C# )

Convert text to time value

how to convert date

creating custom fields for contacts
I want to create custom fields in the 'details' section of contacts. I was able to create a new section but when select the 'Add Fields' I can only choose from the fields created by Microsoft. Ideally I would like to be able to create a custom field and determine if it needed a pull-down or user entry or user selected (like a simple yes/no) Is this possible? Thanks Rob Jayson Hi Rob, It is very easy to create custom fields and include them in existing forms. You can create new fields or attributes as they are called, by clicking on Settings->Customization-> ...

How do i Register Analytical Accounting
I installed Ms GreatPlains 8 and the license included AA but everytime i try to use AA, it tells me to register the software. How do i handle this ...

Excel: Auto converting text to numbers

Project Accounting Documents
My client will be using Project Accounting to accumulate costs associated with a job (product, consulting fees, expenses) and then bill the costs to their client at a profit. They will make a product and then transfer it to the project to be billed. This product ships out to the client, so a Packing Slip is needed. Also, a Sales Order Confirmation is needed. I believe I can use the Quote for the Sales Order Confirmation, but it does not have shipping information on it (Ship to, Requested Ship Date, Shipping Method, etc.). The Packing Slip seems non-existent. Has anyone else had th...

Some wat to change Outlook's importing rules for contacts?
When I import files to Outlook's contacts, the "File As" seems to default to the Name. This is fine when there is no Company, but when there is a Name and a Company I'd rather have the "File As" default to the Company. Is there any way to make this happen without (as I have been doing) manually going through the contacts and editing them? ...

Account Payable Detail report
Hola Family I will like to know if someone can help me, I need to know the path to run an Account Payable Detail report. This file should contain the lowest level of detail. Each record should include the General Ledger account number to which the transaction is being charged. I am using Dynamics GP 10 with SQL 2005. Thank you in advanced. -- LOS Hola Carlos, The GL Distribution Detail in Purchaing Posting Journal can be access via Reports>>Purchasing>>Posting Journals (GL GL Distribution Detail). When you create/modify a report options, you can use the ...

Weird import error
I often import files that have .com & .org in addresses in the text. For some reason, the import usually drops the last "m" or "g" in the import process. Any idea why? It's been going on for quite a while, at least since Pub 2003, I just never got around to trying to figure out or ask why it would do that! I just circle it during proofreading (which I do on paper) & change it when I tune up the publication before finalizing it. Thanks. bj ...

MFG 8.0 Error
I recently upgraded from ver 7.5 to 8.0 on our test server, but now I'm getting the error: "A count records operation on table MFGxxxList failed accessing SQL data" whenever I select any of the Manufacturing Lists. xxx represents the specific view e.g. MFGBOMList I think this may be a bug as when I try to view the records of the view MFGBOMList (BOMV1000) I get the same error as when I drill into the details. Has anyone else experienced this error and found solution? A problem has been identified in environments with more languages than en-us installed. This issue ...

how to change folder for an account
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. "gs" <gs@nomail.nil> wrote in message news:%23pQfGtJaGHA.1196@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... | Nothing, zip, zilch, nada ...

Sharing Contacts
I would like to have a shared contact folder on sbs server 2003. I need the client to be able to open a macro and with one click be able to open the contacts on the server. This is for a transcription department and they need to do most everything by keystrokes. Any suggestions? It could also be a address book. I just need the changes made to addresses for the clients to be accross the board so that multiple entries are not made. Jerry Jerry wrote: > I would like to have a shared contact folder on sbs server > 2003. Create a public contacts folder & set permissions appr...

Importing Multiple contacts to a master account
I'm trying to get the new microsoft CRM to group multiple contacts under 1 key account. For example: I have 10 contacts for Nokia and I want to put them all under Nokia. Instead, when I export my excel file to the crm it turns all the contacts into there own master files, unconnected. Is there a way to import the files and have them sync up under the proper master account? MS has provided a data migration framework that you can use to do this. "Brian B." <bbrunson@gpcreative.com> wrote in message news:0a7501c34c6f$2644cdb0$a501280a@phx.gbl... I'm trying to ge...

Account is not local, relaying disallowed
This is a network that was set up prior to me. SBS 2003 using pop3-connector for mail through smallbusiness.yahoo.com All of a sudden they are not able to send to some external recipents as well as receive from some. errrrr Here is a couple of erros we are getting back. There is nothing to be found in the event viewer. Thanks for any help!! They have been able to send and recieve from these domains in the past. error message: There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server. Please contact your system administrator. <xxxxxxxx.org #5.5.0 smtp;5...

Convert Access97 to 2000

Error installing Extender.
Hi, When I try to install Extender on a machine, I receive the following error: "The required configuration information necessary for installing could not be found on this machine" I have GP 8.0 sp3, Latin American version. Any Idea?? I don´t know what need to check... -- Evelin. Ana - just a guess, but are you logged in as Administrator? Perhaps it's a issue with user rights to access/edit the registry. Brenner @ (www.KlenzmanConsulting.com) "Ana Evelin Rosa" wrote: > Hi, > > When I try to install Extender on a machine, I receive the following...

error in outlook
I was wondering if any body is had an issue with oulook regarding the following error "OUTLOOK IS OUT OF SYSTEM RESOURCES", following by a Dr. Watson error. Dr. Watson error OUTLOOK.exe Exception: access violation (0x0000005), Address: 0x04c9bb30 The system is a NT box with 10GB HD, 128MB RAM and 433MHz cpu. This error ocurrs evey now and then it is not constantly happning. Usually is whil working in outlook. I hope some-one can help me. Thanks ...

Analytical accounting on SRS
Hi , Does any one have an idea about any SRS reports for AA or tired doing it ,please reply to me We have done some DW with AA. You can follow the schema in the SDK for AA for SRS report. Note your amounts need average formulas to work. Also we have found the linking to GL is not really possible without Nested Queries. It least I haven't seen anyone that can do it. Jim "RSoliman" wrote: > Hi , > Does any one have an idea about any SRS reports for AA or tired doing it > ,please reply to me Rsoliman, We have done Trial Balances with AA in SRS. We have...

Convert 2000 Calendar to web page

System Job error in Advanced Find
Hi We are running MS CRM 4.0 Enterprise and we have upgraded to Hotfix Rollup 12 recently and we have noticed an issue in Advanced Find. From Advanced Find every time you choose "System Jobs" from the 'Look for' dropdown an error dialog is displayed with the message: "An error has occurred. Try this action again...." This is the standard error dlg_error.aspx. If you access System Jobs from the main area under the Settings pane this error does not appear. We have 4 separate CRM environments (each with Rollup 12) and this is happening in three of them. Any ...

Reconciling accounts receivable and payable to the general ledger
Does anyone know of a tool that reconciles both the accounts receivable and payble trial balances to their respective general ledger accounts. thanks, -- JB Corporate Renaissance Group Has a product to do just that. "JB" wrote: > Does anyone know of a tool that reconciles both the accounts receivable and > payble trial balances to their respective general ledger accounts. > thanks, > -- > JB Go to www.swareindex.com (Software Index). They have Reconciler for Receivables/Payables. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Sonny Pawchuk" wrote: > Corporate Renai...