Convert Lead > Account-Contact-Opportunity Error

Hi,

I have several leads opened. If I create a new one it will work "but" 
especially with this ONE lead I don't get it, I convert it either to Account 
- Contacts or Opportunity and gives me the following error. I repeat this is 
only for this one. I tried to close reopen change settings etc... Still not 
working.

Microsoft CRM Platform Error Report: 
Error Description:
Exception from HRESULT: 0x80042F09.

Error Details:
Details on this error have not been provided by the platform.

Error Number:
0x80042F09

Source File:
Not available

Line Number:
Not available
 
 
Date: 10-25-2004

Time: 11:35:01 AM

Type: Platform Error (2)

Server: crm01
 
 
Query String:
/SFA/leads/edit.aspxid={39AA4EB4-3786-4BA7-851E-1109E0F58D98} 

0
Utf
10/25/2004 3:45:03 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

3 Replies
1880 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 24

Hi,

The error you get is an 'failed to migrate' error. This error you would 
usually get when there is an issue with licences. Please check if the lead 
which you are trying to migrate is owned by somebody who has a licence.

Ronald Lemmen
Avanade Netherlands

"ArtifactZero" wrote:

> Hi,
> 
> I have several leads opened. If I create a new one it will work "but" 
> especially with this ONE lead I don't get it, I convert it either to Account 
> - Contacts or Opportunity and gives me the following error. I repeat this is 
> only for this one. I tried to close reopen change settings etc... Still not 
> working.
> 
> Microsoft CRM Platform Error Report: 
> Error Description:
> Exception from HRESULT: 0x80042F09.
> 
> Error Details:
> Details on this error have not been provided by the platform.
> 
> Error Number:
> 0x80042F09
> 
> Source File:
> Not available
> 
> Line Number:
> Not available
>  
>  
> Date: 10-25-2004
> 
> Time: 11:35:01 AM
> 
> Type: Platform Error (2)
> 
> Server: crm01
>  
>  
> Query String:
> /SFA/leads/edit.aspxid={39AA4EB4-3786-4BA7-851E-1109E0F58D98} 
> 
0
Utf
10/26/2004 7:15:01 AM
Hi ronald,

You are probably right on this one. The specific lead to convert is owned by 
a user who dosen't have a license anymore. And I just finish read a post 
about that. 

Too bad we can't change all those record created by another user so they can 
convert them without that error.

Even the system administrator can't change that I doubt it. 

But thanks. 

Mathieu

"Ronald Lemmen" wrote:

> Hi,
> 
> The error you get is an 'failed to migrate' error. This error you would 
> usually get when there is an issue with licences. Please check if the lead 
> which you are trying to migrate is owned by somebody who has a licence.
> 
> Ronald Lemmen
> Avanade Netherlands
> 
> "ArtifactZero" wrote:
> 
> > Hi,
> > 
> > I have several leads opened. If I create a new one it will work "but" 
> > especially with this ONE lead I don't get it, I convert it either to Account 
> > - Contacts or Opportunity and gives me the following error. I repeat this is 
> > only for this one. I tried to close reopen change settings etc... Still not 
> > working.
> > 
> > Microsoft CRM Platform Error Report: 
> > Error Description:
> > Exception from HRESULT: 0x80042F09.
> > 
> > Error Details:
> > Details on this error have not been provided by the platform.
> > 
> > Error Number:
> > 0x80042F09
> > 
> > Source File:
> > Not available
> > 
> > Line Number:
> > Not available
> >  
> >  
> > Date: 10-25-2004
> > 
> > Time: 11:35:01 AM
> > 
> > Type: Platform Error (2)
> > 
> > Server: crm01
> >  
> >  
> > Query String:
> > /SFA/leads/edit.aspxid={39AA4EB4-3786-4BA7-851E-1109E0F58D98} 
> > 
0
Utf
10/26/2004 12:17:06 PM
Hi Mathieu,

There are two ways to solve this.
1) assign the user a licence again convert the lead then or
2) modify the database and convert the lead then.

There's a database called [CompanyName]_MSCRM. In that database, there's the 
table LeadBase. This is the table where all the leads are stored. You can 
update there the OwningUser of the leads, with your own userid. You can find 
your own userid in the table SystemUserBase or by going to the crm app and 
surfing to the user configuration. Open your own user there and press ctrl+n. 
A new window will open with your userid in the address bar.

When the owning user has been changed to one with a licence (and enough 
rights ofcourse) you can convert it as you wish.

Good luck,

Ronald Lemmen
Avanade Netherlands

"ArtifactZero" wrote:

> Hi ronald,
> 
> You are probably right on this one. The specific lead to convert is owned by 
> a user who dosen't have a license anymore. And I just finish read a post 
> about that. 
> 
> Too bad we can't change all those record created by another user so they can 
> convert them without that error.
> 
> Even the system administrator can't change that I doubt it. 
> 
> But thanks. 
> 
> Mathieu
> 
> "Ronald Lemmen" wrote:
> 
> > Hi,
> > 
> > The error you get is an 'failed to migrate' error. This error you would 
> > usually get when there is an issue with licences. Please check if the lead 
> > which you are trying to migrate is owned by somebody who has a licence.
> > 
> > Ronald Lemmen
> > Avanade Netherlands
> > 
> > "ArtifactZero" wrote:
> > 
> > > Hi,
> > > 
> > > I have several leads opened. If I create a new one it will work "but" 
> > > especially with this ONE lead I don't get it, I convert it either to Account 
> > > - Contacts or Opportunity and gives me the following error. I repeat this is 
> > > only for this one. I tried to close reopen change settings etc... Still not 
> > > working.
> > > 
> > > Microsoft CRM Platform Error Report: 
> > > Error Description:
> > > Exception from HRESULT: 0x80042F09.
> > > 
> > > Error Details:
> > > Details on this error have not been provided by the platform.
> > > 
> > > Error Number:
> > > 0x80042F09
> > > 
> > > Source File:
> > > Not available
> > > 
> > > Line Number:
> > > Not available
> > >  
> > >  
> > > Date: 10-25-2004
> > > 
> > > Time: 11:35:01 AM
> > > 
> > > Type: Platform Error (2)
> > > 
> > > Server: crm01
> > >  
> > >  
> > > Query String:
> > > /SFA/leads/edit.aspxid={39AA4EB4-3786-4BA7-851E-1109E0F58D98} 
> > > 
0
Utf
10/26/2004 12:25:02 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Deleted account problems
Hi, I have deleted a pop3 account in my MS outlook 2003 because it had problems receivng mails. As i used to download headers first now there are lots of headers in my inbox which nor are deletable neither downloadable not even possible to be moved to another folder. Could anyone tell me what i should do? rgds, eqbal -- Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/m2/ ...

Error on first record of integration
I am always getting the following error on the first record of each integration (I run a group, which contains 2 separate integrations): Could not set foreground locking value to 0 I found the knowledge article which says to increase the time between the macro to launch GP (scheduled task) and the Run Integration Group (scheduled task), so I did (set to 5 minutes instead of 2). It only takes 30 seconds total to completely log into the company. However, the error still occurs on both integrations. Why would the first record on the second integration fail as well if it was a timing i...

retirement accounts #2
Hi I have been recording 401(K) contributions and employer matched contributions into a retirement account, but was not tracking any investments. now id like to start doing so. Now, here is a question: I have in my 401K account(in contributions) lets say $10000 My actual balance on the account is lets say 12000 (obviously, more, since it has been growing) If I add all the investments that i have at the current price they obviously come out more than i have in my contributions (exactly 12000, which is a current value of my retirement account). How do i account for the 2000 difference...

Error with Unread Mail folder (Outlook 2003)
Outlook 2003 is running fine, but if I try to customise the Unread Mail folder (which currently has only ticked my Personal Folders head folder -- it isn't looking in any of the subfolders), I get an error message which reads: 'The operation failed due to a registry or installation problem.' Have tried restarting Outlook with 'Outlook.exe /resetnavpane' from the command line -- no change. Any ideas? Thanks. ...

CRM Installation error
Hi, I am trying to install Microsoft Customer Relationship Manager CRM 1.0 from MSDN, but the setup program ends up with this error: "Failed to provision your initial business. Failed to create root business. Unknown Error (80041D2A)". I have gone through the info at MSDN an all I can find about this error is the following description: "IDS_BIZMGMT_USER_NOT_IN_ACTIVEDIRECTORY / 80041D2A / The user does not exist in Active Directory". The only thing I could think of when I saw this error is that our Domain Administrator account is renamed, and perhaps the setup program could...

Unknown error with HTTP Mail
I am trying to configure Outlook 2002 to connect to a University Web Mail account. Send seems to be ok but get Task 'Stirling University: Folder:Inbox Downloading all items.' reported error (0x80004005) : 'An unknown error has occurred. Please save any existing work and restart the program.' error on trying to download items. Tried to use headers but get; Task 'Stirling University: Folder:Inbox Synchronizing headers.' reported error (0x80004005) : 'An unknown error has occurred. Please save any existing work and restart the program.' Would apprecia...

failed to determine account name
I'm trying to install MSCRM on a Win2K Server sp4 machine, and when I start the setup.exe, I get the following error message: "Microsoft Customer Relationship Management Server Setup Error: Failed to install Microsoft Customer Relationship Management Server. Failed to determine your account name. Unspecified error (80004005)". Any idea what the heck this is? I can't even START the setup program??? no need to repost using a different email........... what I don't get is that you replied to Matt saying that it did work....... "Scott" <tsi@timeco...

How to add self account to multiple mailboxes
I have a few hundred users who for whatever reason never had the SELF account in their Mailbox Rights. I would like to be able to roll this out to all the users at once with the External Account box checked as well as Full Mailbox rights. Is there a tool/script that I can use to do this? I also saw in an article somewhere that the mailbox cleanup (which we use to enforce a 90 day deletion policy) needs the Self account to run completely. not sure if this is true or not but it makes sense only because we have a bunch of users that complain that their emails older than 90 days do not get...

Combining bill pay accounts with their corresponding checking acco
Many moons ago I used to have my billpay accounts (2) combined with their corresponding checking accounts so I only entered payments once and all was well. Somewhere along the way I ran into trouble with this and now have two different electronic billpay accounts and then the corresponding checking accounts listed separtely. So I enter my bill electronic bill payments into the billpay accounts and make payments that way. Then after the payments clear the transactions download through my two banks into my checking accounts and I have to go back figure out what the payments were, enter th...

Sending from multiple SMTP email accounts
One of our users is receiving email from a couple of SMTP accounts, one is for user@abc.com and one is for support at support@xyz.com. When this user replies to the support@xyz.com emails, his user@abc.com email is shown as the sender. Is there a way that I can configure his email so that his replies will correspond to the email account he is replying from? (I posted a similar question in Outlook Configuration group) On Sat, 8 Apr 2006 11:36:01 -0700, rfIPS <rfIPS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >One of our users is receiving email from a couple of SMTP accounts, one is >...

Excel error message not understood
Has anyone ever gotten the error message "Too many different formats"? If so, what exactly does it mean and what can a user do about it? The following MSKB article has information on the error message: XL: Error Message: Too Many Different Cell Formats http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=213904 Jimbo wrote: > Has anyone ever gotten the error message "Too many > different formats"? If so, what exactly does it mean and > what can a user do about it? -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

Multi account in a single account
I have a couple of email accounts in Entourage and all incoming emails are stored separately. How can I put all incoming account in one account for easy tracking incoming emails. Thanks, Scott On 12/19/09 8:27 PM, in article C753C8A5.75E4%NoSpam-Scott.Xe@GMail.com, "Scott" <NoSpam-Scott.Xe@GMail.com> wrote: > I have a couple of email accounts in Entourage and all incoming emails are > stored separately. How can I put all incoming account in one account for > easy tracking incoming emails. Custom View - All Inboxes <http://www.entourage.mvp...

CRM Plugin Needs to Update Custom Account Field
Good afternoon. I have created a CRM Plugin that is triggered on the POST event of Account Creation. This Plugin retrieves the Account information and provisions a SharePoint site for documentation. That part is working okay. What I would like to do at this point is to stuff the SharePoint Site URL back into a custom Account field using the ICrmService. Is this possible through the Microsoft.Crm.Sdk? * If so, would you mind giving me a quick code sample? * If not, how do you recommend that I approach this? Thank you so much in advance for your time and consideration. - Robyn ...

SQL Server Run-time error "-2147467259 (80004005):
I am connecting from an Access front end to a SQL Server 2005 Express database on a remote PC. I have enabled TCP/IP on the server and turned off firewalls on both boxes. The first recrodset opens and reads the data fine. The subsequent one (which runs after it gives the following error on update. Run-time error "-2147467259 (80004005): [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Could not find server 'EMPDB\SQLEXPRESS' in sys,servers. Verify that the correct server name was specified. If neccessary, execute the stored procedure sp_addlinkedserver to add the server to sys.s...

Can't Access Contacts
I have Office2002 on stand-alone WinXP machines. When I imported the outlook.pst into my laptop from my desktop machine, everything seemed ok in that the mail, tasks, calendar, notes and contacts all showed up in the proper folders on the laptop. However, I find I can not access contacts when attempting to address an email message or address an envelope in Word. Outlook refers me to Help but I can't find a solution. I would appreciate advice on how to fix contacts on my laptop! Thanks, GR Dear GR, a.) click on your contact folder, right mouseclick, properties and click here on &...

Sales entry error
Hi, I have created a sales order that have not been posted and I have saved the transaction. At this point the something happen to the server and I was logged out from GP. After logging back, I cannot retrieve the transaction, the error message state this transaction have been posted. Is there a way I can recover this transaction so that I can post it? Thanks. Hi, Please try to run check link on Sales Transaction module. System will resolve unsaved half information. Regards, Santosh "Richard" <Richard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3A0D1E9D-FF7F-4A...

Install error 2203
I'm trying to install Project 2007 on my Home Vista (64bit) system and I'm getting an error 2203 -2147287035. I've searched the forums and googled it and I've done the instructions to set permissions to the temp folder, but it didn't help. This is actually happening with any office 2007 software I'm trying to install. Thanks Paul, I found Microsoft's comment on this error: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/324852. They discuss the possibility of permissions as being the root cause. Permissions are often the root cause of system...

550 & 553 Errors-can recieve but not send??
I am having trouble sending email from my office. I can connect to internet and recieve fine. I have had 2 different email account (personal & work) set up in outlook for a while, but in the last couple of days I can't send anything while at the office. It started that I was getting messages that I couldn't recieve from work account. I updated outlook and later found that work server was having problems. I didn't have any problems at home last night, but again today in office I am getting these 2 errors from system admin- "telling me not local host, not gateway&q...

Error connecting 0x800ccc0f
I am running Outlook 2002 on OfficeXP. For some unknown reasons I am getting this error message the whole day to ay and could not get online with my Outlook. Please help! Sending and Receiving reported error (0x800ccc0f). The connection to the server was interrupted. I am also running WinXP Pro. >-----Original Message----- >I am running Outlook 2002 on OfficeXP. For some unknown >reasons I am getting this error message the whole day to >ay and could not get online with my Outlook. Please help! > >Sending and Receiving reported error (0x800ccc0f). The >connection...

I got error 'bad request'
I use Outlook 2003 on Windows XP. I use can use with POP3 Email. But I can't use with Hotmail (Http). When I click 'recieve' Hotmail account, I got error message : ---------------------------------------------- Task 'Hotmail : Folder : Inbox Synchronizing headers.' reported error (0x800CCC31) : 'The server did not understand the request. The server reponded 'Bad Request'.' ----------------------------------------------- Does it work when you recreate the account or try to connect to another Hotmail account? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.how...

Linking Outlook to Access for Contacts in Access
Hi, I was just wondering if there was any way to link Outlook to Access that contains contacts in an Access table. I do not want to import the contacts into Outlook. I want the contacts to stay in Access and only be linked to Outlook. I am using Office 2007. -- Thanks! Gary S Use the linked table feature described at http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/access/HA012276581033.aspx -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming: Jumpstart for Power Users and Administrators http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=54 "Gar...

Reassigning contacts, accounts, leads
Has anybody found a way to reassign multiple records without SQL or opening each individual record. I have a former employee whose records I need to reassign and if I open each record individually it is going to be a two-week project (ok maybe not quite that long) and I am a little timid about SQL in the CRM DB. Any suggestions?? open the users user record in crm and click on actions - reassign records etc ============================== John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.crowechizek.com/microsoft "Dustin" <DustinEButler@gmail.com> wrote in message news:115...

Strange error message
When I close MS Money 2005 it sometimes shows the error message "This operation cannot be performed". Not a very helpful message but it seems to occur after I have done an update download from one of my bank accounts. If I try to restart MS Money after I get this message, it says that it is already running. Checking Task Manager in Windows XP there is a process called msmoney.exe running. Closing this allows Money to restart properly. Is this a know bug and is there a fix? ----== Posted via Newsfeeds.Com - Unlimited-Uncensored-Secure Usenet News==---- http://www.newsfeeds.com The...

Recent update 6/8
I recently updated Windows (6/8) and now one of my user accounts is locked. Running XP. I had to use restore after today's updates -- dlg "CowsyW" wrote: > I recently updated Windows (6/8) and now one of my user accounts is locked. > Running XP. ...

Error linking to my ATL dll
I'm using VS2005, building a WM5 application. The dll is a ATL com dll providing network services to my app. I've tested the dll with a simple dialog app, but now I try to link it to my application I get .... io 8\VC\ce\atlmfc\include\atliface.h(591) : error C2143: syntax error : missing ',' before '.' which points to virtual HRESULT STDMETHODCALLTYPE ShowUI( /* [in] */ DWORD dwID, /* [in] */ IUnknown *pActiveObject, /* [in] */ IUnknown *pCommandTarget, /...