Contract Lines and Invoices

When a Contract Line is complete for a Contract and we need to bill for the
Contract, what is the best practise with the Invoices system within CRM 3.0?
There seems to be no relation with Contracts and Invoices? I thought that by
"Invoicing" a contract it would appear in the Invoices area in CRM?

Can this be a feature in the next update?

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=be63e5d1-05c4-4ecc-88e0-ea77c0cd44b2&dg=microsoft.public.crm
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Convert Chart Line-Column to Column-Line
I am trying to convert/develop a 4series custom chart. The first & second series to show as a line, the third/fourth series as bars. Can any one help. Many Thanks George George - Next time don't use the built in custom chart type, because it'll do this whenever you add data. Here's how to make your own combination chart. Select the data, and make a standard chart that matches the type you'll use for half the series (e.g., a column chart). Select a series you want to change, choose Chart Type from the Chart menu, and choose the other type (a line). These won'...

command line parameter in a MFC application
Hello! I'd like to give a command line parameter to my application. How can I access the given strings, because the winmain is not available? Thanks for any help.... Martin Hi, try the class CCommandLineInfo. Ralf Schneewei´┐Ż http://www.oop-trainer.de "sulai" <sulaiborg@freenet.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:3f481802$0$1616$9b622d9e@news.freenet.de... > Hello! > > I'd like to give a command line parameter to my application. How can I > access the given strings, because the winmain is not > available? > > Thanks for any help.... Martin > ...

Line Chart #7
I am using Excel 2000. I have a line chart that charts 4 sets of data, by month, for 1 year. I am using the 4th type sub chart type of line chart. My data points are OK except for the last point which is always down at "0" - the bottom of my chart. This causes, what I call a tail to hang down from the previous point to the bottom of my chart. I understand why this happens because there is no data for the next point. But I do not like the "tail" hanging down. If I only hi-lite the cells that have data, my chart looks like it only has 2 or 3 months. I can not ke...

Printing multiple historical invoices
We often have a need to print historical invoices for certain accounts over terms, then email the invoices to an individual. The problem is you can only print one invoice to screen at a time, then send email, then save the PDF that comes up in the Outlook window to file. This becomes tedious if you have more than a couple documents to send. Is there a way to choose multiple documents to print to screen if the documents aren't all in a defined range? -- Dave Stonesifer Dave, If you are using the Collections Management module, you can do this using the Print functionality from t...

Pivot Chart, line graph w/ multiple series
I have columns of cust, year, est sales, actual sales. Customer is put in page area, year is put on category axis. I can add est sales to data area and will have one line. But when I add the actual sales to the data area, it does not show as a line, but adds itself to the category x axis. Am I missing something? If you are adding the field directly on to the PivotChart, consider using the associated PivotTable. Is the 'actual sales' column part of the data field or one of the the row/column fields? Ensure it is a data field. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta, MS MVP -- Excel ww...

Call Contact
Hi There I am having problems with Outlook 2003's Call contact feature. I want to use a normal analog modem at work to dial numbers of contact for me. I am then supposed to pick-up the handset and start talking. Technically everything is working fine .... Except. We are using a PABX system and we need to dial "0" for any outside line. The problem ... Even tho my dialing rules are set to dial "0" for an outside line and any Dialup Connection does this correctly, Outlook seems to ignor the rule and dials the number without the "0". I do not want to update al...

when I try to bullet one line, all bullets for every line
When I type a paragraph and want to indent with a bullet., the entire paragraph is automatically bulleted and goes to a single spacing. I tried turning off bullet in the options but it still doesn't work. I repaired Office and it still does the same thing. ...

Contract numbering flexibility needed by contract type
We are taking on new customers and buying divisions that support data center environments. Our numbering schemes do not match and we are finding the inflexiblity of GP Contracts to be difficult in many ways. This a glaring weakness in the module and I would suggest not only making Contract Entry/Next Contract Number a larger alpha numeric field, but that you also allow Contract Types to have a unique numbering default that could be overwritten and tied to the contract type. I would settle for something similar to SOP in the short term, but really looking for anything to help with nu...

Help me for these sql line case please
Hi guys I'm newbie on sql structure and syntax. And I have this problem : I have 3 table : Table_A FieldA1 FieldA2 a01 John a02 James a03 Bob a04 Sandra Table_B FieldB1 FieldB2 b01 Desk b02 Chair b03 Sofa b04 Saddle b05 Cradle Table_C FieldC1 FieldC2 c01 Computer c02 Phone c03 Calculator c04 VCR c05 TV c06 DVD c07 CD I want to manage those tables with the queries and the output datasheet will look like this FieldA1 FieldA2 FieldB1 FieldB2 FieldC1 FieldC2 FieldD1 a0...

How do I delete an unwanted dotted line in the middle of my text.
I can't delete it. I didn't put it in, it just appeared. I can't even select it. In Borders and tables, it doesn't show that anything is there. What is this and how can I get rid of it? What version of Word are you using? Is the line horizontal or vertical? If it's horizontal, does it extend all the way across the page or just from the left to the right margin? I'm assuming that it's not a section break, column break, or page break, since those are identified, at least in recent versions of Word. They can also be deleted. Does the line pri...

Contracts and Contract Lines not funcional
I have seen one thing that seems a bug: I copy a contract of CONTOSO Company. I change in new contract, so that it refers to "ACME", instead to CONTOSO: service customer as well as billing customer. When I go to contract lines, they still have CONTOSO. Does it have any sense? Why Contract lines have also customer data. I thing this should be normalized, and only hold this information in contract header. -- Pablo Igualada Evotec Consulting SL www.evotec.es/crm Which version are you on. I'm on 4.0 and I can see the contract lines also change to the new customer. SS &q...

Virtual line counts versus physical line counts
I am working with a program called Dictaphone and in this program the line count for Dictaphone is different than what is in Word 2007. How does Word 2007 count their lines virtual or physical and what is the difference between virtual and physical line counts. Lines are a vague concept in Word dictated by text flow. Word does not count blank spaces between paragraphs as lines if they are created by paragraph spacing attributes. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - W...

Select credit memos for payment in AP w/o applying to invoices
We would like to be able to select credit memos for payment on AP checks, without applying them to outstanding invoices. The credit memos should be listed on the check stub as a document being paid, and add into the check total. We recieve credits from vendors often, and they are not credits associated with any particular invoice. We should be able to select them just as we would an outstanding invoice. We are on GP8. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Ag...

How to hide contract information for some users
Hello, I want to know a way to hide Contract information to some user. Fo example, I want that these users will be able to see the contracts list to associate items to it (or select contracts when adding a case), but not be able to display the entire contract information (prices, costs, and all the information shown in the contract main window). Thanks, Alejandro ...

two bars and a line on 2 axes
Need a custom chart with 2 vertical bars side by side, on one axis, and a line on a second axis. Anyone know the series of steps I need? I was having trouble figuring out the order of what set of the three data goes where, and how to define which of the pieces is on bar and which is on line, and which is second axis, etc. Thanks for any help. -- Boris Hi, Create your own combination chart by starting with a clustered column chart. Then right click the column series you wish to change to a line. From the context menu pick Chart Type. Choose the appropriate line chart. Cheers Andy...

Vertical Line on a 2Y axes chart
How can I have a vertical line extended all the way in a line chart that have 2 Y axes? I have been using the horizontal/vertical line techniques without any issue until now, when my current chart carry values in KGs in the primary Y axis, and the same values in Lbs in the secondary axis. If I check out the secondary axis, the line will extend all the way, but I will lose my Lbs values. If I leave it checked, the line will cut short half way! Any trick to by pass this? Thanks. -- when u change the way u look @ things, the things u look at change. ...

how to include balance on the invoice
hi is there a way to have the previous balance included in the invoice like: new invoice bla-bla-bla previous balance bla-bla Grand Total X Dollars (new+previous) thanks for all your help Fred, What you're describing is a statement. Money can do a statement; however, it will be for all dates for a particular customer. Hopefully you only have two invoices. Otherwise you will be better off using something else. DAE "Fred" <zabrakebere@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:034301c34899$013bfa90$a001280a@phx.gbl... > hi > is there a way to have the previous balance i...

how to import this file where header (first 4 lines) stay untouched but the rest is imported as CSV
PO: 30134 Received Purchase Order 02/13/08 Page: 1 created: 02/13/08 2:26p (F16) Sup#: 680 TOP GUN PRODUCTS Line Part Number Ext Order Description Cost Ave. Cost Each Core cost Ext Order Extd. Amt. ---- ---------------- --------- ---------------- ---------- ---------- ---------- --------- ----------- TG 1103000800 2 06-08 DODGE 1500 242.820 242.820 .00 2 485.64 TG 2105000300 1 HEADACHE RACK D 274.860 274.860 .00 1 ...

can't seem to add a line break in a cell
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_043B_01C64CEA.3FB0D6D0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello,=20 I'm working with excel 2002. I want to hit enter and create a new line = within a cell, yet I am unable to do that. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank You --=20 Meg Darnell, LMT, CD Director of Alumni Services Swedish Institute College of Health Sciences 212-924-5900 x142=20 ------=_NextPart_000_043B_01C64CEA.3FB0D6D0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Conte...

Contract Relationships
Hi, I am trying to create various many-to-many relationships to the Contract entity. One example is linking Contracts and Contacts via an intermediate custom entity called Contract Contact. A Contract can have many Contract Contacts and a Contact can have many Contract Contacts, so this should achieve the many-to-many relationship required. However, when I create my new Contract Contact entity and create a relationship to both Contract and Contact entities I encounter some problems: Firstly, I cannot create a new Contract Contact from a Contract, I don't get the new button, but I can fr...

add users and mailboxes from command-line?
I am hoping that someone can point me in the right direction. I need to be able to add mailbox enabled users from the command-line. I think this can be done with LDIFDE and/or CSVDE. Is there a way to do this using dsadd or adduser? Craig Drake HOWTO: Create a Mail-Enabled User with CDOEXM in Visual C++ http://support.microsoft.com/?id=293339 HOW TO: Create a Mailbox-Enabled Recipient by Using C# .NET http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;313114 Otherwise you could use the utilities you stated to create the accounts and then highlight them all in AD Users and Computer...

Purchasing Contracts
Good morning, We are interested in acquiring a Purchase Order Contract module that would integrate to Dynamics GP purchasing. I have looked at the various customer sources and blogs but I am unable to locate what we are looking for, does anyone know of a module that would manage POP Contract? Thanks in advance for your help. Claude Good afternoon. I passed your question by my Senior Director of Solutions. He interest was piqued and asked me to contact you. How might we be able to communicate directly and possibly set up a call? Thank you. Submitted via EggHeadCafe...

Combination chart: 3 stacked columns + 1 line
Wanted to know if anyone has done this successfully: 3 stacked columns with a separte data series as a line. I am finding that you can do a combination with: 2 stacked columns but not 3. BTW: read 6/5/06 posting with Andy Pope response but did not address 3 stacked columns in the thread "Subject: Re: line-column combination chart, with stacked ... Forget all about the built in custom chart types. It's very easy to make your own custom combinations that do what you want. Make the chart using all series as stacked columns. Select the series you want to change to a line, a...

Sales contracts
Hello, My company provides software development services. I want to add some kind of contract renewal functionality to my corporate CRM System. It should automatically create new opportunity and a quote item when current is expiring. Could you please give advice how to manage automatic creation logic. Should I use workflow or there is some other mechanism? Thanks You can do this with workflow, but only the OnCreate workflow. You can set a timer to expire a certain amount of time before the contract expires and have the opportunity record and/or any activities created automatically. ...

Bank statement downloads within Money stop working after adding MSN Money as on-line service
I have a Regions Bank account with on-line access to use Money. (Regions requires a monthly service fee to provide statement downloads and billpay services through Money, by the way.) If I setup the Regions account all by itself and enable on-line services in a new .mny file all seems to work fine. However, when I add MSN Money with bill pay the statement downloads for Regions stop, even though the log shows that the download completed successfully. The downloaded balance (shown in the upper left corner of the register window) shows the most recent download date & time, but the balance st...