Contacts work for Accounts not contacts

Is there a way to limit the Parent Customer field on the Contact form so that
it only allows Accounts to be chosen?

We don't want the capability to allow Contacts to have Sub-Contacts - but it
does not seem possible to hide the Sub-Contacts item in the contacts form
left hand menu.
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Helen;

Could you create a new custom entity [Companies or something like that] to
use instead of Accounts?  then create a relationship between Companies and
Contacts and have the lookup on the contact form be to the Companies object,
rather than Accounts (remove the parent account lookup field from the form)

Dave

"Helen" <Helen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there a way to limit the Parent Customer field on the Contact form so
> that
> it only allows Accounts to be chosen?
>
> We don't want the capability to allow Contacts to have Sub-Contacts - but
> it
> does not seem possible to hide the Sub-Contacts item in the contacts form
> left hand menu.

0
Dave
1/31/2006 4:54:45 PM
I could do - but I think that means I loose some functionality - like being
able to use them in marketing lists, or I think Notes and Activities wont
consolidate from contacts to the new Company entity in the way they do to
Accounts.

"Dave Ireland" wrote:

> Helen;
>
> Could you create a new custom entity [Companies or something like that] to
> use instead of Accounts?  then create a relationship between Companies and
> Contacts and have the lookup on the contact form be to the Companies object,
> rather than Accounts (remove the parent account lookup field from the form)
>
> Dave
>
> "Helen" <Helen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Is there a way to limit the Parent Customer field on the Contact form so
> > that
> > it only allows Accounts to be chosen?
> >
> > We don't want the capability to allow Contacts to have Sub-Contacts - but
> > it
> > does not seem possible to hide the Sub-Contacts item in the contacts form
> > left hand menu.

Contacts work for Accounts not contacts
Is there a way to limit the Parent Customer field on the Contact form so that it only allows Accounts to be chosen? We don't want the capability to allow Contacts to have Sub-Contacts - but it does not seem possible to hide the Sub-Contacts item in the contacts form left hand menu. Helen; Could you create a new custom entity [Companies or something like that] to use instead of Accounts? then create a relationship between Companies and Contacts and have the lookup on the contact form be to the Companies object, rather than Accounts (remove the parent account lookup field from the ...

Are the 2005 updates working?
I've reinstalled Vista and went through the normal process for updating version 730 to 1105 (run as admin against the sample file etc) but I didn't get the message telling me that there was a update. Then ran it as a non-admin (you normally get the message to log on as an administrator) to see if it prompted the admin message but it didn't. It will however update stocks etc. I've tried this on two machines now and both are doing the same thing leading me to believe the update server may not be working. I hope that's the case as I've got years of data in a file ...

Millions of contacts in CRM
Hi, I am concerned about the use of MSCRM in a client with a few milliion contact records (around 6 million). I know from my own experience with SQL Server that there is no problem with this database, but I wonder if there is any issu regarding the application ou the application server...? I also read the performance and sizing white papers, but the concern there is related to number of users not record number... I read a post by Jake Horn where he mentions 2 M account records in a client installation with no problem, with replication turned off ( is this just turning off replication i...

existing accounts not showing up on net worth reports
I have existing accounts set up, Cd's, that i have transfered to new accounts, cd's at another institution. the report for net worth over time fails to show the original cd's after the transfer. How should I have done this diferently? -- DR In microsoft.public.money, DR wrote: >I have existing accounts set up, Cd's, that i have transfered to new >accounts, cd's at another institution. the report for net worth over time >fails to show the original cd's after the transfer. How should I have done >this diferently? Forgetting for the moment how you...

Windows 7 login vbscript not working
Hi, I'm very new with vbscript. Our logon vbscripts work just fine with windows xp. However, after a few clients were upgraded to windows 7, the logon vbscript no longer works. However, if the script is launch manually, the script work just fine. Any help on this issue please... "PSU" <PSU@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B2C335AB-4534-4AF9-8D37-F71175986D1F@microsoft.com... > Hi, I'm very new with vbscript. Our logon vbscripts work just fine with > windows xp. However, after a few clients were upgraded to windows 7, the > lo...

Import Contact as AD contacts
Is there a way to import contacts form an Exchange public folder to Contacts in my active directory under an OU? i.e instaed of creating a new contact in AD and enter all detail I want to import the current details I already have in the Public Folder as contacts thanks Mike On Fri, 5 Nov 2004 11:31:44 +0200, "Michael Greeff" <mikeg452@hotmail.com> wrote: >Is there a way to import contacts form an Exchange public folder to Contacts >in my active directory under an OU? i.e instaed of creating a new contact in >AD and enter all detail I want to import the current de...

Let's exchange contact info #3
Hi, Goran Thisell here, how are you? I am putting together a contact list of individuals interested in sharing resources and business information. If you are interested in connecting please send your Name and information to: mailto:coghem@telia.com?subject=BUSINESS_CONTACT_NG I will follow up as soon as I get your email. It's not an autoresponder so it might not be right away. I appreciate your patience. I look forward to meeting you. Regards, Goran Thisell coghem@telia.com --- MAF Anti-Spam ID: 20040306105317O0d3ZyV4 ...

OWA
Hi, When my clients create new contacts on their email accounts through OWA why is it they have type the persons name into the search window when they want to add a person or persons to their "to:" field in the message? Why doesn't their contacts show up in the bottom window so they can select one or more? Also when they create Distribution Lists via OWA they are not able to view the lists under Contacts like you can when you are using MS Outlook 2003, also the list doesn't show up when you search for it when creating a new message?? Why is that? Are there work aroun...

Offline Email Tracking Not Working
Hello, We are running with version 4.0. We are using the forward mailbox and email router for every user. If the user has their CRM offline and they send a tracked email, the returned emails are not automatically tracked, even though they have the tracking token in the subject line. Is anyone else experiencing this problem or does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks, Chris ...

Contacts view options
A simple question which I'm sure has been answered before (can't find it on search, mind you)... My Outlook 2003's contacts window is listing all my entries in Last Name, First Name order. How do I swap it so it shows the other way around? Many thanks. Trent SC wrote: > A simple question which I'm sure has been answered before (can't find > it on search, mind you)... > > My Outlook 2003's contacts window is listing all my entries in Last > Name, First Name order. How do I swap it so it shows the other way > around? > Many thanks. Top ...

Sorting Rows Doesn't Work, Please Help
Fellow Forum Members, I have like 1400 rows of lotto winning history (small sample below). My objective is to sort in ascending order each row. The problem is that Excel 2003 is behaving oddly. I'm using Data-> Sort -> Options -> Sort Left to Right command. And I have highlighted the data in several ways with no success. Excel only sorts one row even though I have 1400 rows selected. Can someone help me with a macro that will sort the numbers row by row in ascending order? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks. 37 36 26 42 10 23 2 48 3 1 13 28 13 28 4 46 3 35 11 6 31 2 ...

Add contact to group of appointments
Is it possible to add a contact to a group of appointment brought up in a search? Or does each appointment have to be done individually?. Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com Robert Bendett;144399 Wrote: > Is it possible to add a contact to a group of appointment brought up in > a search? Or does each appointment have to be done individually?. > Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com Each needs done individually. -- Slipstick 'Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center' (http://www.slipstick.com) 'Outlook Tips' (http://www.outlook-t...

add contact attribute to contact form
I need to add a new attribute 'introducer' of type contact to the contact form. I can't use the 'parent customer' attribute because I am using it for something else. The introducer is an employee of the account selected as 'parent customer', so ideally I would like the attribute to be a lookup of contacts filtered for the value of 'parent customer'. I then want to populate the address of the introducer into custom address attributes of the contact. Can anyone suggest how I might do this? Thanks, Lorraine. -- Lorraine Quigley Lorraine, You can't a...

Why won't this work?
Why won't this work? No doubt I've made at least ten mistakes... :) ChosenCampaignCombo is the control object attached to the CComboBox I want to use in the CChooseCampaignDlg GUI. It crashes at first use of pmyComboBox pointer, which suggests it's not initialising/assigning the pointer properly. I also get the following warnings: 1) ChooseCampaignDlg.cpp(35) : warning C4267: 'argument' : conversion from 'size_t' to 'int', possible loss of data 2) ChooseCampaignDlg.cpp(39) : warning C4018: '<' : signed/unsigned mismatch BOOL CChooseCampai...

Contact Types
I have users complaining that they are seeing too many contacts at once and only want to see the contacts that are available to them. When a user opens an Account and clicks on Contacts, how can it be made to display only the Contacts that are pertinent to a certain user or function? Hello, Microsoft CRM 3.0 is designed such a way that the user acually will see any record that he's allowed to see. You could limit rights to users, but I don't think this is the way to go. Currently I don't see a way to restrict the visible contacts based upon which user is logged on. If user...

Complex conditional summing
I'm trying to use an array formula SUM with nested IFs to accomplish some complex conditional sums. If I use "COUNT" as the outermost function I get a number that appears to be correctly counting the target cells. I've added a nested "IF(ISNUMBER(range))" to the count function and verified that it returns the same number as the function without it, so it would seem all the selected cells are, in fact, numbers. I've even calculated a separate array formula of =AND(ISNUMBER (range)) which returns TRUE, again to confirm all the cells in the range contain nu...

Change Administrator accounts Organisational Unit
Hi, I changed the administrators's Organisational Units and Ms Crm doesnt open now. :) How can i restore this. Thanks. Does it open for anyone? "news.microsoft.com" <kozgur16@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23r4%23xGwHEHA.3376@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I changed the administrators's Organisational Units and > Ms Crm doesnt open now. :) > > How can i restore this. > > Thanks. > > ...

synching contacts with exchange 2003
Hello, Server contains small business server 2003 with exchange 2003. Workstations are Windows XP running Outlook 2003. If a user adds someone to their contacts, is it automatically saved to the server or do I have to back up that info seperately in a .pst file? Thanks for any help. In news:OSmzfK59GHA.4708@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl, Peter McCaul <compcoff@hotmail.com> typed: > Hello, > > Server contains small business server 2003 with exchange 2003. > > Workstations are Windows XP running Outlook 2003. > > If a user adds someone to their contacts, is it automati...

Contacts Search

WLM contacts wont import from .WAB
I was using outlook express on server 2003 for years without many problems. Recently I exported all my contacts to a .WAB file then moved it to my 2008 R2 server for import. The problem is when I import the 997 contacts, they show up in the immediate session however when I close and reopen WLM the imported contacts are no longer there. anyone have any ideas? Leon I found that removing all punctuation marks (comma's, periods ...) from the contact's street address field cured this exact problem "Leon McCalla" <leonmccalla@remove.hotmail.com> wrote ...

Uploading Media Player to Web Site Hosting Account
Please tell me how to upload a media player to my web hosting account so I can then upload videos. Thank you! On Dec 17, 6:15=A0pm, Bettertown <Bettert...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Please tell me how to upload a media player to my web hosting account so = I > can then upload videos. Thank you! Some web hosting accounts allow upload of videos and others do not. If you find your account allows videos, you do not upload a player, only the video data files, with html code. When someone goes to the server your web site is on, it downloads the video files to the r...

Missing CONTACTS in email even thought Contacts are in "MY CONTACT
I need help! I just bought a new computer, and fairly versed with Outlook and Microsoft Products. I used the Windows Easy Transfer program to transfer files & settings from my old computer (which was Windows XP, running Office 2007) to a new computer (which is Windows 7.0 running Office 2007) and everything came over fine. Bookmarks, all "MY Documents," email settings, contacts, calendar, EVERYTHING. Kudo's to Microsoft for having this tool. One problem that I ran into is that although my .pst file came over fine, and all the email settings, folders, cal...

Forward e-mails from work to my home computer
How do I forward my e-mails from work to my home computer using the "Out of Office Assistant"? (or is that possible??) Within the Out Of Office Assistant you can configure a rule to forward the messages when the OOF is enabled. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Properly back-up and restore your Outlook data -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Rena Bell" <Rena Bell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:352D9534-C3F6-4A2A-9B5E-D595AEED63C7@microsoft.com... > How do I forward my...

Frequent Contacts
Groupwise has a feature called "Frequent contacts". Frequent Contacts keeps track of all addresses that you frequently e-mail. It's an awesome feature. Is anyone aware of a similar feature in Outlook 2003. Thanks Jo Not really. You can manually add addresses to your Contacts by right clicking the address. For an automated solution, you'd need extra code... http://www.slipstick.com/contacts/addauto.htm -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipstick.com? -Please post your Outlook version! ...

Business Contact Manager Office XP/Outlook 2002
Looking for a trial version or purchasable download of Microsoft Business Contact Manager for Office XP/Outlook 2002. Only identified this product in Beta Version for 2003 or Customer Manager for 2000. Please advise on location and if this software exists. Thank you, Scott It's not available for any product except Outlook 2003. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP ***Please post all replies to the newsgroups*** "Scott" <scott@rapidpulse.com> wrote in message news:04d701c36368$50bbcf20$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Looking for a trial version or purchasable download of > M...