Contacts not updating on select machines

Good day -

We are using CRM 3.0 Rollup 2 desktop clients and server.

I am having difficulties with a couple of users who were part of a
test CRM group. We did a test install with test data that would mimic
our production install. When we were ready for a production install we
wiped out all information and recreated the install with production
data. For some reason some of the employees who were in the test group
are still seeing test contacts in addition to production contacts. Is
there a cache on the local machine? All production users except these
few test users are not seeing these contacts. If you attempt to get
the properties of an old contact you get an error message that the
record is not there.

Any help is appreciated.

Chris

0
StashBlackner
11/7/2007 6:42:43 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Contacts work for Accounts not contacts
Is there a way to limit the Parent Customer field on the Contact form so that it only allows Accounts to be chosen? We don't want the capability to allow Contacts to have Sub-Contacts - but it does not seem possible to hide the Sub-Contacts item in the contacts form left hand menu. Helen; Could you create a new custom entity [Companies or something like that] to use instead of Accounts? then create a relationship between Companies and Contacts and have the lookup on the contact form be to the Companies object, rather than Accounts (remove the parent account lookup field from the ...

Configuring Updates: Stage 3 of 3 0% Complete, Computer Restarts Continuously
Yesterday, I used Avanquest System Suite 9, Recovery Commander to go back to a checkpoint date of 3/27/2010 to see if I could recover some internet explorer history after it was deleted on 3/31/2010 after I reset internet explorer settings which Belkin had me do since I was having problems connecting to my router, anyway, my wireless connection only got straightened out by me after I deleted my old network and created a new one etc...which is not an issue here-this is just how it all started. Well, when I was through seeing if I could retrieve my internet explorer history last nig...

Millions of contacts in CRM
Hi, I am concerned about the use of MSCRM in a client with a few milliion contact records (around 6 million). I know from my own experience with SQL Server that there is no problem with this database, but I wonder if there is any issu regarding the application ou the application server...? I also read the performance and sizing white papers, but the concern there is related to number of users not record number... I read a post by Jake Horn where he mentions 2 M account records in a client installation with no problem, with replication turned off ( is this just turning off replication i...

Are the 2005 updates working?
I've reinstalled Vista and went through the normal process for updating version 730 to 1105 (run as admin against the sample file etc) but I didn't get the message telling me that there was a update. Then ran it as a non-admin (you normally get the message to log on as an administrator) to see if it prompted the admin message but it didn't. It will however update stocks etc. I've tried this on two machines now and both are doing the same thing leading me to believe the update server may not be working. I hope that's the case as I've got years of data in a file ...

Not able to take Us Payroll Tax update
Hi, I am using Microsoft GP 10.0, HR & Payrol Module. I am unable to take US payroll tax Updates using GP Menu-> Maintenance->US payroll Updates. When i try to take automatic updates, a window will popup requesting authorization number.please let me know what authorization number i need to give in order to get the update. If i am trying manual option, it will ask the folder location for tax update,but i am unable to find the requested folder. Please let me know how to get the latest tax updates for US Payroll. Thanks & Regards Mohsin ...

How to select only odd/even numbered rows to be shaded
I am working with a pretty large worksheet and would like to select ONLY the odd or even numbered rows so that i can shade them. Can someone offer #1 - how to select these certain rows and #2 - how to format them? Thanks See http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.CF.html#rows -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Skott" <Skott@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6C226E4D-42E3-4BB9-8D6A-55C13F971B78@microsoft.com... > I am working with a pretty large worksheet and would like to select ONLY the > odd or even numbered rows ...

Import Contact as AD contacts
Is there a way to import contacts form an Exchange public folder to Contacts in my active directory under an OU? i.e instaed of creating a new contact in AD and enter all detail I want to import the current details I already have in the Public Folder as contacts thanks Mike On Fri, 5 Nov 2004 11:31:44 +0200, "Michael Greeff" <mikeg452@hotmail.com> wrote: >Is there a way to import contacts form an Exchange public folder to Contacts >in my active directory under an OU? i.e instaed of creating a new contact in >AD and enter all detail I want to import the current de...

selecting chart data range using arrow keys
Hello, In the past I have been able to select the data range (ie source data) for a chart by (a) clicking on the little square button at the far right end of the source range, which brings me to the spreadsheet; and (b) then using arrow keys to move around and SHIFT select data. OK, I can still do this. But the rub is this: I used to be able to CTRL-arrow around to select ranges, which is very handy in big spreadsheets, since it can bring you to the next full cell (like using the Scout (#9) in Stratego). But now I can't CTRL-arrow around anymore to select chart data, leaving me...

Is there a way to deal with spam selectively ?
I am using Outlook 2003 and have a few questions about handling spam: 1) I would like to add the following icons to my tool bar ; "This is spam," "This is not spam," and "Empty spam folder." (N.b., I right clicked on the toolbar and chose 'Customize,' but I could not find those icons anywhere. The closest I found was the 'Junk e-mail' pull down menu icon.) 2) there is some spam I want blocked never to appear in my inbox and some I want sent to the Junk email folder for further review. How do I do that ? 3) someone has spoofed my email...

Let's exchange contact info #3
Hi, Goran Thisell here, how are you? I am putting together a contact list of individuals interested in sharing resources and business information. If you are interested in connecting please send your Name and information to: mailto:coghem@telia.com?subject=BUSINESS_CONTACT_NG I will follow up as soon as I get your email. It's not an autoresponder so it might not be right away. I appreciate your patience. I look forward to meeting you. Regards, Goran Thisell coghem@telia.com --- MAF Anti-Spam ID: 20040306105317O0d3ZyV4 ...

OWA
Hi, When my clients create new contacts on their email accounts through OWA why is it they have type the persons name into the search window when they want to add a person or persons to their "to:" field in the message? Why doesn't their contacts show up in the bottom window so they can select one or more? Also when they create Distribution Lists via OWA they are not able to view the lists under Contacts like you can when you are using MS Outlook 2003, also the list doesn't show up when you search for it when creating a new message?? Why is that? Are there work aroun...

Contacts view options
A simple question which I'm sure has been answered before (can't find it on search, mind you)... My Outlook 2003's contacts window is listing all my entries in Last Name, First Name order. How do I swap it so it shows the other way around? Many thanks. Trent SC wrote: > A simple question which I'm sure has been answered before (can't find > it on search, mind you)... > > My Outlook 2003's contacts window is listing all my entries in Last > Name, First Name order. How do I swap it so it shows the other way > around? > Many thanks. Top ...

Add contact to group of appointments
Is it possible to add a contact to a group of appointment brought up in a search? Or does each appointment have to be done individually?. Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com Robert Bendett;144399 Wrote: > Is it possible to add a contact to a group of appointment brought up in > a search? Or does each appointment have to be done individually?. > Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com Each needs done individually. -- Slipstick 'Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center' (http://www.slipstick.com) 'Outlook Tips' (http://www.outlook-t...

add contact attribute to contact form
I need to add a new attribute 'introducer' of type contact to the contact form. I can't use the 'parent customer' attribute because I am using it for something else. The introducer is an employee of the account selected as 'parent customer', so ideally I would like the attribute to be a lookup of contacts filtered for the value of 'parent customer'. I then want to populate the address of the introducer into custom address attributes of the contact. Can anyone suggest how I might do this? Thanks, Lorraine. -- Lorraine Quigley Lorraine, You can't a...

Update Rate
With Excel 2000, does anyone know if there is a way to increase the external data update frequency to a faster rate than once per minute? Thanks, Andrew ...

Contact Types
I have users complaining that they are seeing too many contacts at once and only want to see the contacts that are available to them. When a user opens an Account and clicks on Contacts, how can it be made to display only the Contacts that are pertinent to a certain user or function? Hello, Microsoft CRM 3.0 is designed such a way that the user acually will see any record that he's allowed to see. You could limit rights to users, but I don't think this is the way to go. Currently I don't see a way to restrict the visible contacts based upon which user is logged on. If user...

dynamically update photos in excel
I'm using Excel to generate invoices. I have an invoice template that uses a distinct item number to lookup basic info on the item, and show it on the invoice (using vlookups). Easy. One of the items being looked up is a photo URL for the item (example: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3133/pictureid.jpg) which I need to display on each invoice. I generate new invoices by updating the item number. I'd like the invoice template to automatically update the picture of the item when I update the item number. Today I have to manually embed the photos via Insert->Picture and then copying i...

synching contacts with exchange 2003
Hello, Server contains small business server 2003 with exchange 2003. Workstations are Windows XP running Outlook 2003. If a user adds someone to their contacts, is it automatically saved to the server or do I have to back up that info seperately in a .pst file? Thanks for any help. In news:OSmzfK59GHA.4708@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl, Peter McCaul <compcoff@hotmail.com> typed: > Hello, > > Server contains small business server 2003 with exchange 2003. > > Workstations are Windows XP running Outlook 2003. > > If a user adds someone to their contacts, is it automati...

Contacts Search

WLM contacts wont import from .WAB
I was using outlook express on server 2003 for years without many problems. Recently I exported all my contacts to a .WAB file then moved it to my 2008 R2 server for import. The problem is when I import the 997 contacts, they show up in the immediate session however when I close and reopen WLM the imported contacts are no longer there. anyone have any ideas? Leon I found that removing all punctuation marks (comma's, periods ...) from the contact's street address field cured this exact problem "Leon McCalla" <leonmccalla@remove.hotmail.com> wrote ...

Missing CONTACTS in email even thought Contacts are in "MY CONTACT
I need help! I just bought a new computer, and fairly versed with Outlook and Microsoft Products. I used the Windows Easy Transfer program to transfer files & settings from my old computer (which was Windows XP, running Office 2007) to a new computer (which is Windows 7.0 running Office 2007) and everything came over fine. Bookmarks, all "MY Documents," email settings, contacts, calendar, EVERYTHING. Kudo's to Microsoft for having this tool. One problem that I ran into is that although my .pst file came over fine, and all the email settings, folders, cal...

Frequent Contacts
Groupwise has a feature called "Frequent contacts". Frequent Contacts keeps track of all addresses that you frequently e-mail. It's an awesome feature. Is anyone aware of a similar feature in Outlook 2003. Thanks Jo Not really. You can manually add addresses to your Contacts by right clicking the address. For an automated solution, you'd need extra code... http://www.slipstick.com/contacts/addauto.htm -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipstick.com? -Please post your Outlook version! ...

Business Contact Manager Office XP/Outlook 2002
Looking for a trial version or purchasable download of Microsoft Business Contact Manager for Office XP/Outlook 2002. Only identified this product in Beta Version for 2003 or Customer Manager for 2000. Please advise on location and if this software exists. Thank you, Scott It's not available for any product except Outlook 2003. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP ***Please post all replies to the newsgroups*** "Scott" <scott@rapidpulse.com> wrote in message news:04d701c36368$50bbcf20$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Looking for a trial version or purchasable download of > M...

Debugging Windows Service on Test Machine?
I have a real brain buster here... In a previous post I was having some issue getting this Windows Service installed, but that is resolved now. The problem I have now is that the Service "stops unexpectedly" without any errors or exceptions thrown on our 64bit test server (WinServer2008 R2) - this Windows Service functions perfectly on our 32bit servers (2003/2008). It starts, runs for about 5 or so seconds, then stops, and the only error is in the System Event Log: "The [service] terminated unexpectedly. It has done this [X] times." The Service is pretty ...

Entourage Contact Icons
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther) What is the difference in the contact area between a little person icon next to a contact email or a blue dot? In a group list, I have some people with blue dots and some people with a little person. I cannot see anything special within these two emails to determine why they have different icons. Can you tell me why they are different? On 1/13/10 10:50 AM, in article 59bb0d68.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "sunshineone@officeformac.com" <sunshineone@officeformac.com> wrote: > What is the difference in the cont...