Contacts #2

Hi There,

I have added a new lookup for contacts of all Active Directory users.

but i have noticed that for the newly created users in active directory its
not appearing in the contact of CRM.

currently i am adding manually.

What should i do to get users (Contacts) from Active Directory to Contacts.

your early response will be much appriciated.

Thanks,
Syed.
0
syedsaab (74)
12/5/2008 8:08:02 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Syed;

You will need to write some custom .net code that will query AD to retrieve
the list of users from a specific LDAP path, and then iterate through each
one of them and add them to CRM if they don't already exist.

Dave Ireland

"SyedAbdulbasith" <syedsaab@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi There,
>
> I have added a new lookup for contacts of all Active Directory users.
>
> but i have noticed that for the newly created users in active directory
> its
> not appearing in the contact of CRM.
>
> currently i am adding manually.
>
> What should i do to get users (Contacts) from Active Directory to
> Contacts.
>
> your early response will be much appriciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Syed.

0
direland (470)

Contacts work for Accounts not contacts
Is there a way to limit the Parent Customer field on the Contact form so that it only allows Accounts to be chosen? We don't want the capability to allow Contacts to have Sub-Contacts - but it does not seem possible to hide the Sub-Contacts item in the contacts form left hand menu. Helen; Could you create a new custom entity [Companies or something like that] to use instead of Accounts? then create a relationship between Companies and Contacts and have the lookup on the contact form be to the Companies object, rather than Accounts (remove the parent account lookup field from the ...

Millions of contacts in CRM
Hi, I am concerned about the use of MSCRM in a client with a few milliion contact records (around 6 million). I know from my own experience with SQL Server that there is no problem with this database, but I wonder if there is any issu regarding the application ou the application server...? I also read the performance and sizing white papers, but the concern there is related to number of users not record number... I read a post by Jake Horn where he mentions 2 M account records in a client installation with no problem, with replication turned off ( is this just turning off replication i...

Outlook throwing 'Access is Denied' errors when using My Documents shortcut #2
Hi, I have a problem with a few of our users which seems to be isolated to Outlook. All the workstations are running XP SP2 with Office 2003 (using Outlook in cached mode). Our setup is such that the users my documents automatically maps to a network folder - This works fine through explorer, but when trying to access it via Outlook (save as an attachment for example), it returns "Access is Denied" and fails to open the my documents folder. This works fine from other applications such as word. I had initially thought an update to McAfee VirusScan had solved this problem, but appar...

replacing TRUE/FALSE #2
I got around this by adding to my macro and doing a find/relpace. That seemed to do the job. Thanks for any help Selection.Replace What:="TRUE", Replacement:="YES", LookAt:=xlPart, _ SearchOrder:=xlByRows, MatchCase:=False, SearchFormat:=False _ ReplaceFormat:=False Selection.Replace What:="FALSE", Replacement:="NO", LookAt:=xlPart _ SearchOrder:=xlByRows, MatchCase:=False, SearchFormat:=False _ ReplaceFormat:=False JulieD Wrote: > Hi > > if you don't need to do this via code, i would use this approach. > > Type your formula into ...

PLEASE HELP... #2
Just got a new system-Loaded with Home XP and Works-Nothing more--Need a reader download for Excel - Can anyone assist me?? Hi Mich a free Excel viewer is available at http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=4EB83149-91DA- 4110-8595-4A960D3E1C7C&displaylang=EN HTH Frank Mich wrote: > Just got a new system-Loaded with Home XP and Works-Nothing > more--Need a reader download for Excel - Can anyone assist me?? Mich, Try here for all the viewers:- http://office.microsoft.com/search/results.aspx?Scope=DC&Query=viewer&CTT=6&Origin=EC010331121033 -- ...

creating crosstab reports with 2 sets of column values
good day! i have a query [Calculate DTR Time] with the following fields: EmployeeID, DTRDate, AssignedAreaID, NoHrsRegular, NoHoursOT, IsHoliday Im trying to create a summary report out of it using crosstabs. At first, it looked great but when i try to filter the records using between dates, i got lost. i need help. i just learned how to use crosstabs using crosstab wizard X_X. the report should look like: [startdate] [startdate + 1] [startdate + 2] ... [end date] [Totals] regular/OT reg / OT reg / OT ... reg / OT reg / OT [AssigneA...

Import Contact as AD contacts
Is there a way to import contacts form an Exchange public folder to Contacts in my active directory under an OU? i.e instaed of creating a new contact in AD and enter all detail I want to import the current details I already have in the Public Folder as contacts thanks Mike On Fri, 5 Nov 2004 11:31:44 +0200, "Michael Greeff" <mikeg452@hotmail.com> wrote: >Is there a way to import contacts form an Exchange public folder to Contacts >in my active directory under an OU? i.e instaed of creating a new contact in >AD and enter all detail I want to import the current de...

Your Only FOREX Online Trading Portal. #2
Thousands of affiliates cannot be wrong! The Forex (currency trading) industry is the world's biggest market on earth, with a daily turnover of 2.5 trillion dollars! Forex-Affiliate.com joins forces with Easy-ForexT Trading Platform, a world leader in online currency trading... http://thegloballink.biz/news-easy-forex.html ...

URL links in Outlook 2003 #2
I have a PC with two users setup. WinXP Home SP2, Outlook 2003, IE6 and Firefox 1.5.0.7. When clicking on an embedded email link in Outlook User A works fine and opens the proper web page. When User B does the same thing this error message pops up: "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator." Makes no difference if IE6 or Firefox is set to the default browser. I've tried the suggestions in MSKB Q310049 with no success. I know of several other machines with the same software and no problems. ...

licensing issue #2
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I have Office installed on three Mac's..and have had for many many months. Suddenly my MBP installation is saying there are too may installations with the same product key. The issue doesn't come up with Word, Excel, or Powerpoint...just Entourage. What's up wit this? On 7/5/09 3:03 PM, in article 59b77969.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "austin@officeformac.com" <austin@officeformac.com> wrote: > I have Office installed on three Mac's..and have had for many many months. > Suddenly ...

comments to Autoshapes #2
Thanks for the tips, I cant add the comment to the cell because I hav more than one autoshape in it, I will try the hyperlink workaroun -- Kathryn Steadm ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Kathryn Steadma's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1465 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26278 ...

Let's exchange contact info #3
Hi, Goran Thisell here, how are you? I am putting together a contact list of individuals interested in sharing resources and business information. If you are interested in connecting please send your Name and information to: mailto:coghem@telia.com?subject=BUSINESS_CONTACT_NG I will follow up as soon as I get your email. It's not an autoresponder so it might not be right away. I appreciate your patience. I look forward to meeting you. Regards, Goran Thisell coghem@telia.com --- MAF Anti-Spam ID: 20040306105317O0d3ZyV4 ...

OWA
Hi, When my clients create new contacts on their email accounts through OWA why is it they have type the persons name into the search window when they want to add a person or persons to their "to:" field in the message? Why doesn't their contacts show up in the bottom window so they can select one or more? Also when they create Distribution Lists via OWA they are not able to view the lists under Contacts like you can when you are using MS Outlook 2003, also the list doesn't show up when you search for it when creating a new message?? Why is that? Are there work aroun...

im unable to open free/busy #2
im unable to open free/busy on the opened shared calendar... i change to permission for me to publisher and owner and i still can not get in ...

Contacts view options
A simple question which I'm sure has been answered before (can't find it on search, mind you)... My Outlook 2003's contacts window is listing all my entries in Last Name, First Name order. How do I swap it so it shows the other way around? Many thanks. Trent SC wrote: > A simple question which I'm sure has been answered before (can't find > it on search, mind you)... > > My Outlook 2003's contacts window is listing all my entries in Last > Name, First Name order. How do I swap it so it shows the other way > around? > Many thanks. Top ...

Out Of Office Rule #2
I can set an out off office message at work and understand that this is a feature of MS Exchange. How can I set a rule to notify senders of mail that, for instance, I'm on holiday using Office 2003. I did manage to get it to work by bouncing the mail to my Yahoo account which allows this feature and having it auto reply. create a rule to automatically reply using a temple and the template contains the out of office reply in it. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: ...

Add contact to group of appointments
Is it possible to add a contact to a group of appointment brought up in a search? Or does each appointment have to be done individually?. Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com Robert Bendett;144399 Wrote: > Is it possible to add a contact to a group of appointment brought up in > a search? Or does each appointment have to be done individually?. > Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com Each needs done individually. -- Slipstick 'Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center' (http://www.slipstick.com) 'Outlook Tips' (http://www.outlook-t...

chart data #2
I have a spreadsheet set up that updates the information every month over a 12 month period. The data i have for example is Actual Profile Jan 77723 77723 Feb 75319 67582 Mar 72047 73469 Apr 69557 81048 May 76672 88563 Jun 65068 77750 Jul 63819 79528 Aug 71079 90357 Sep 65793 85348 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 Obviously i have not received the data for the last three months yet but i need to keep the formulas in to automatically update the information. I want to select all of the information in this area but not show zeros on my chart. This chart will then update every month as the...

add contact attribute to contact form
I need to add a new attribute 'introducer' of type contact to the contact form. I can't use the 'parent customer' attribute because I am using it for something else. The introducer is an employee of the account selected as 'parent customer', so ideally I would like the attribute to be a lookup of contacts filtered for the value of 'parent customer'. I then want to populate the address of the introducer into custom address attributes of the contact. Can anyone suggest how I might do this? Thanks, Lorraine. -- Lorraine Quigley Lorraine, You can't a...

Contact Types
I have users complaining that they are seeing too many contacts at once and only want to see the contacts that are available to them. When a user opens an Account and clicks on Contacts, how can it be made to display only the Contacts that are pertinent to a certain user or function? Hello, Microsoft CRM 3.0 is designed such a way that the user acually will see any record that he's allowed to see. You could limit rights to users, but I don't think this is the way to go. Currently I don't see a way to restrict the visible contacts based upon which user is logged on. If user...

synching contacts with exchange 2003
Hello, Server contains small business server 2003 with exchange 2003. Workstations are Windows XP running Outlook 2003. If a user adds someone to their contacts, is it automatically saved to the server or do I have to back up that info seperately in a .pst file? Thanks for any help. In news:OSmzfK59GHA.4708@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl, Peter McCaul <compcoff@hotmail.com> typed: > Hello, > > Server contains small business server 2003 with exchange 2003. > > Workstations are Windows XP running Outlook 2003. > > If a user adds someone to their contacts, is it automati...

Contacts Search

exchange 2003 service pack 2
Does the increase in the mailbos storage size to 75 Gig apply to the Public Store also? -- Thanks Duane Hi Duane, For Exchange 2003 Standard Edition there will be 75Gb for the Public IS and another 75Gb for the Private IS. Regards -- Ben Hoffman MCP (Win2000 Pro/Server & Exchange 2003 Admin) http://www.ExchangeIS.com "Duane" <Duane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7A46B72B-4F8F-40ED-959B-614DC3BED6AD@microsoft.com... > Does the increase in the mailbos storage size to 75 Gig apply to the > Public > Store also? > -- > Thanks > Dua...

security #2
I'm have a test environment set up with gp10.0 and all the security set up. Once I upgrade the live environment to gp10.0 would i just copy the database over to the test environment and all the security would stay like it is. We are going to make the test environment the live envirnment once we upgrade. If you've already got the security in GP 10 set up in your test environment, you could pull the security data from the tables into your upgraded live environment. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Larry C" wrote: > I'm have a test environment set up with gp10.0 and a...

Send as permission #2
We set up a mailbox called RSVP and give several people "full mailbox access" right to the mailbox. Somehow these people can't send email as RSVP. They are getting no permission error message. However, they can send email as RSVP if they are in the RSVP mailbox profile. This problem started after we upgrade Exchange 5.5 to 2003. Any thoughts? do they have "send as" permissions on the security tab? "Tiffany" <tiffany@vpvp.com> wrote in message news:uxRvi0rGFHA.400@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > We set up a mailbox called RSVP and give several peopl...