Contact Picture

We have a client that wants to attach a picture of the contact to their
contact record.

Any suggestions on the best way to accomplish this?

0
cindy (40)
4/13/2008 12:39:53 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Cindy;

If by 'attach' you literally mean you want to attach a jpg or image file,
you can create a note on the contact record called "picture" and attached
file to the note.

But if what you want is for the contact's picture to be displayed when you
open a contact record, then the easiest thing to do might be to create an
iFrame that calls a URL that displays the image.  if you have sharepoint you
could store the image there; if not you will have to find some way to make
the picture available from a URL.
Then create a new attribute on the contact record to store the URL to the
picture.
Lastly, add some javascript to the onload event of the form to replace the
iFrame's URL with the url from your custom field.

Now, when the user opens the contact form, the iFrame should use the
contact's picture url to display the picture in the iFrame.

Hope this helps

Dave Ireland

"Cindy Mikeworth" <cindy@tas-in.com> wrote in message
> We have a client that wants to attach a picture of the contact to their
> contact record.
>
> Any suggestions on the best way to accomplish this?

0
direland (470)
4/13/2008 2:43:08 AM
Cindy - There is an example (complete with code) in Chapter 24 of the book
"Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 Unleashed" by Sam's Publishing.

"Cindy Mikeworth" wrote:

> We have a client that wants to attach a picture of the contact to their
> contact record.
>
> Any suggestions on the best way to accomplish this?

0
marc4675 (10)
4/13/2008 2:50:00 PM
Awesome!  Thanks for the direction guys!

I had the Unleashed Book from Amazon sitting in my cart.  Now it's on it's
way!

0
cindy (40)
4/14/2008 7:22:02 PM
Hi,

I have followed the example in Chapter 24 in "Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0
Unleashed". I manage well except that when I press "upload" on the Iframe I
get the picture in another popup window. I obviously want it to appear in the
IFrame.
Can someone please guide me here?

/Lotten

"Cindy Mikeworth" wrote:

> Awesome!  Thanks for the direction guys!
>
> I had the Unleashed Book from Amazon sitting in my cart.  Now it's on it's
> way!

0
LottenHolm (31)

Contacts work for Accounts not contacts
Is there a way to limit the Parent Customer field on the Contact form so that it only allows Accounts to be chosen? We don't want the capability to allow Contacts to have Sub-Contacts - but it does not seem possible to hide the Sub-Contacts item in the contacts form left hand menu. Helen; Could you create a new custom entity [Companies or something like that] to use instead of Accounts? then create a relationship between Companies and Contacts and have the lookup on the contact form be to the Companies object, rather than Accounts (remove the parent account lookup field from the ...

Millions of contacts in CRM
Hi, I am concerned about the use of MSCRM in a client with a few milliion contact records (around 6 million). I know from my own experience with SQL Server that there is no problem with this database, but I wonder if there is any issu regarding the application ou the application server...? I also read the performance and sizing white papers, but the concern there is related to number of users not record number... I read a post by Jake Horn where he mentions 2 M account records in a client installation with no problem, with replication turned off ( is this just turning off replication i...

Locking pictures onto page Word 2007 & remove text
I have written a 3 page text with color photos inserted in various positions. I wish to lock these pictures in place, and remove the text, so that I can print out pictures only in color. I have so far used 'tight' text wrapping, located against absolute position on the page and then locked anchor on each picture. Then my aim is to use a separate printer to print the text in black and white around the already printed color pictures However when I delete the text the photo's disappear as well! What do I do? David -- David The pictures are anchored to the ...

Pictures in Publisher 2003 not showing.Why?
The pictures in my various brochures, ads, etc. have quit showing. Does anyone have the same problem? I know the pictures are there, they just will not show on the screen. View, pictures, detailed display. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Holly B" <Holly B@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ADD81B67-6937-49CE-9609-8028E41DA68F@microsoft.com... > The pictures in my various brochures, ads, etc. have quit showing. Does > anyone have the same problem? I know the pictures are ther...

Import Contact as AD contacts
Is there a way to import contacts form an Exchange public folder to Contacts in my active directory under an OU? i.e instaed of creating a new contact in AD and enter all detail I want to import the current details I already have in the Public Folder as contacts thanks Mike On Fri, 5 Nov 2004 11:31:44 +0200, "Michael Greeff" <mikeg452@hotmail.com> wrote: >Is there a way to import contacts form an Exchange public folder to Contacts >in my active directory under an OU? i.e instaed of creating a new contact in >AD and enter all detail I want to import the current de...

Let's exchange contact info #3
Hi, Goran Thisell here, how are you? I am putting together a contact list of individuals interested in sharing resources and business information. If you are interested in connecting please send your Name and information to: mailto:coghem@telia.com?subject=BUSINESS_CONTACT_NG I will follow up as soon as I get your email. It's not an autoresponder so it might not be right away. I appreciate your patience. I look forward to meeting you. Regards, Goran Thisell coghem@telia.com --- MAF Anti-Spam ID: 20040306105317O0d3ZyV4 ...

OWA
Hi, When my clients create new contacts on their email accounts through OWA why is it they have type the persons name into the search window when they want to add a person or persons to their "to:" field in the message? Why doesn't their contacts show up in the bottom window so they can select one or more? Also when they create Distribution Lists via OWA they are not able to view the lists under Contacts like you can when you are using MS Outlook 2003, also the list doesn't show up when you search for it when creating a new message?? Why is that? Are there work aroun...

Contacts view options
A simple question which I'm sure has been answered before (can't find it on search, mind you)... My Outlook 2003's contacts window is listing all my entries in Last Name, First Name order. How do I swap it so it shows the other way around? Many thanks. Trent SC wrote: > A simple question which I'm sure has been answered before (can't find > it on search, mind you)... > > My Outlook 2003's contacts window is listing all my entries in Last > Name, First Name order. How do I swap it so it shows the other way > around? > Many thanks. Top ...

Add contact to group of appointments
Is it possible to add a contact to a group of appointment brought up in a search? Or does each appointment have to be done individually?. Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com Robert Bendett;144399 Wrote: > Is it possible to add a contact to a group of appointment brought up in > a search? Or does each appointment have to be done individually?. > Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com Each needs done individually. -- Slipstick 'Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center' (http://www.slipstick.com) 'Outlook Tips' (http://www.outlook-t...

add contact attribute to contact form
I need to add a new attribute 'introducer' of type contact to the contact form. I can't use the 'parent customer' attribute because I am using it for something else. The introducer is an employee of the account selected as 'parent customer', so ideally I would like the attribute to be a lookup of contacts filtered for the value of 'parent customer'. I then want to populate the address of the introducer into custom address attributes of the contact. Can anyone suggest how I might do this? Thanks, Lorraine. -- Lorraine Quigley Lorraine, You can't a...

Publisher 2002: pictures on wrong places.
In Publisher 2002, working on a booklet and after inserting pictures in it, some pictures appears a 2nd time on other places in the publication. One can see it in print layout and also in the printed publication. Anyone has a explication, or, much better, a solution? Thanks, Hermanneke. Do you have pictures in the scratch area? If you do drag them to the scratch area below the publication. This article addresses your issue in 2003, but I suspect it will help you too Pictures print multiple times in a Publisher 2003 publication http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb%3Ben-us...

Contact Types
I have users complaining that they are seeing too many contacts at once and only want to see the contacts that are available to them. When a user opens an Account and clicks on Contacts, how can it be made to display only the Contacts that are pertinent to a certain user or function? Hello, Microsoft CRM 3.0 is designed such a way that the user acually will see any record that he's allowed to see. You could limit rights to users, but I don't think this is the way to go. Currently I don't see a way to restrict the visible contacts based upon which user is logged on. If user...

Display picture with Conditional Formatting
I need to display one of 3 small pictures in Excel, based on a figure in a given cell. I can use conditional formatting to colour the background of another cell based on this value but cannot see how to display a picture or alternatively change the colour of a drawing object. In article <3b3401c4a0a8$2ec6d8f0$a501280a@phx.gbl>, "Sued" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I need to display one of 3 small pictures in Excel, based > on a figure in a given cell. Have a look at the following... http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/lookuppics.html Thanks ve...

synching contacts with exchange 2003
Hello, Server contains small business server 2003 with exchange 2003. Workstations are Windows XP running Outlook 2003. If a user adds someone to their contacts, is it automatically saved to the server or do I have to back up that info seperately in a .pst file? Thanks for any help. In news:OSmzfK59GHA.4708@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl, Peter McCaul <compcoff@hotmail.com> typed: > Hello, > > Server contains small business server 2003 with exchange 2003. > > Workstations are Windows XP running Outlook 2003. > > If a user adds someone to their contacts, is it automati...

JPG Picture not Printing
Advice please. I am preparing an event programme in booklet form using Publisher 2003; a programme which I frequently use. The middle two pages are devoted to a map diagram showing the layout of the event. This has been prepared professionally and converted into a JPG formatted picture. When I insert the picture into the two pages and resize to fit it is displayed perfectly on the two page view of the Publisher screen. However, when I display using the print preview button all I see is a blank page. When I print out the paper is also blank. I have tried various permutations of tools ...

Contacts Search

WLM contacts wont import from .WAB
I was using outlook express on server 2003 for years without many problems. Recently I exported all my contacts to a .WAB file then moved it to my 2008 R2 server for import. The problem is when I import the 997 contacts, they show up in the immediate session however when I close and reopen WLM the imported contacts are no longer there. anyone have any ideas? Leon I found that removing all punctuation marks (comma's, periods ...) from the contact's street address field cured this exact problem "Leon McCalla" <leonmccalla@remove.hotmail.com> wrote ...

Missing CONTACTS in email even thought Contacts are in "MY CONTACT
I need help! I just bought a new computer, and fairly versed with Outlook and Microsoft Products. I used the Windows Easy Transfer program to transfer files & settings from my old computer (which was Windows XP, running Office 2007) to a new computer (which is Windows 7.0 running Office 2007) and everything came over fine. Bookmarks, all "MY Documents," email settings, contacts, calendar, EVERYTHING. Kudo's to Microsoft for having this tool. One problem that I ran into is that although my .pst file came over fine, and all the email settings, folders, cal...

Frequent Contacts
Groupwise has a feature called "Frequent contacts". Frequent Contacts keeps track of all addresses that you frequently e-mail. It's an awesome feature. Is anyone aware of a similar feature in Outlook 2003. Thanks Jo Not really. You can manually add addresses to your Contacts by right clicking the address. For an automated solution, you'd need extra code... http://www.slipstick.com/contacts/addauto.htm -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipstick.com? -Please post your Outlook version! ...

Business Contact Manager Office XP/Outlook 2002
Looking for a trial version or purchasable download of Microsoft Business Contact Manager for Office XP/Outlook 2002. Only identified this product in Beta Version for 2003 or Customer Manager for 2000. Please advise on location and if this software exists. Thank you, Scott It's not available for any product except Outlook 2003. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP ***Please post all replies to the newsgroups*** "Scott" <scott@rapidpulse.com> wrote in message news:04d701c36368$50bbcf20$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Looking for a trial version or purchasable download of > M...

how do I make picture attachments open automatically?
I am using Outlook 2003 small business edition and would like Outlook to automatically open attached jpgs,jpegs, and gifs. Will it allow this or is this considered too dangerous ( I have mcafee scan all emails being downloaded). By design, Outlook does not display attached images inline. Outlook is a business application. OE is targeted to consumers and the needs of the two groups are different in this area. Exchange Administrators consider inline display a security issue and don't want it. Outlook only shows images inline with HTML mail items or RTF mail items with OLE embedded i...

Entourage Contact Icons
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther) What is the difference in the contact area between a little person icon next to a contact email or a blue dot? In a group list, I have some people with blue dots and some people with a little person. I cannot see anything special within these two emails to determine why they have different icons. Can you tell me why they are different? On 1/13/10 10:50 AM, in article 59bb0d68.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "sunshineone@officeformac.com" <sunshineone@officeformac.com> wrote: > What is the difference in the cont...

contact not listed in contacts
when i start typing in an email address in Outlook 2002, autofill comes up with three choices. two are in my contact list. the third (which is an incorrect address), when i right click properties, says it is not listed in contacts, however, it is being autofilled in Outlook 2002. how do i find and delete this email address. Also, there does not appear to be a name associated with this address, just the email address. is there a place where addresses are listed that don't have names attached to them? When that address appears in the drop-down, cursor down to it so it's h...

test premier contact
bonjour. je m'appelle sophie et j'aimerais discuter avec vous et mieux vous conna�tre .. a bient�t j'esp�re . -sophie- inga.savant-aleina <inga.savant-aleina@wanadoo.fr> wrote: > bonjour. > > je m'appelle sophie et j'aimerais discuter avec vous et mieux vous > conna�tre . > a bient�t j'esp�re . Ou-est votre question s�r Outlook? -- Brian Tillman ...

Contact disappears after added and saved
If I enter a contact with no email address, but does have a home address or phone number, after I save a close the contact it does not appear in my Contact List. Additionally, I 'search' for it using the find option, the contact is nowhere to be found. However, if I try and enter it again, Outlook indicates it's a duplicate entery. Where are my contacts disappearing to? What do you mean by "Contact List?" Where are these Contacts not appearing that you think they should? Contacts without electronic addresses would not be expected to appear in the addres...