Contact lookup in Opportunity Entity

Often times we sell to one end-user within a large organization
(Account). I consider the Accout our customer so use the Potential
Customer field to lookup the Account. However, I would like to be able
to quickly see that Joe Smith is the primary contact for a particular
opportunity so that when I view 'My Opportunities' I can go to the one
with Primary Contact Joe Smith. The way we do this now is by inputing
the Topic of the Opportunity to be "Joe Smith - Software Sale". Then
when we open that opportunity we can go to relationships and find that
Joe Smith is the Business Decision Maker.

This is too cumbersome so I would like to add a field in the
Opportunity Entity Form that does a lookup on contact name to be the
Primary Contact for this opportunity. In other words, I envision a
field called Primary Contact that by default will be the full name from
where the Opportunity originated (by Lead or by Contact) and then if I
want to change it I can do a lookup on Contact name.

So long story short, how can I create a custom attribute with type
lookup and insert it into the the Opportunity Form? I've read several
discussion about having to create a custom entity and then adding a one
to many relationship. It seems that this approach is used when you want
to add a custom entity. In my case I already have three existing
entities, 'Contact' and 'Opportunity' and 'Lead'.

Thank you,

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

I have a similar situation that I haven't yet found a way around it.  I also
need to add not just the account ID but a contact ID to the opportunity as
well because our accounts can have various contacts for each type of
service/opportunity and they need to be identified.  It's not possible to add
another lookup field because the relationship exists.  Only thing so far that
I've seen is using an intermediary custom entity between the two but I'd
rather not.  Hope you find an answer!

"jlforsythe@goldenhelix.com" wrote:

> Often times we sell to one end-user within a large organization
> (Account). I consider the Accout our customer so use the Potential
> Customer field to lookup the Account. However, I would like to be able
> to quickly see that Joe Smith is the primary contact for a particular
> opportunity so that when I view 'My Opportunities' I can go to the one
> with Primary Contact Joe Smith. The way we do this now is by inputing
> the Topic of the Opportunity to be "Joe Smith - Software Sale". Then
> when we open that opportunity we can go to relationships and find that
> Joe Smith is the Business Decision Maker.
>
> This is too cumbersome so I would like to add a field in the
> Opportunity Entity Form that does a lookup on contact name to be the
> Primary Contact for this opportunity. In other words, I envision a
> field called Primary Contact that by default will be the full name from
> where the Opportunity originated (by Lead or by Contact) and then if I
> want to change it I can do a lookup on Contact name.
>
> So long story short, how can I create a custom attribute with type
> lookup and insert it into the the Opportunity Form? I've read several
> discussion about having to create a custom entity and then adding a one
> to many relationship. It seems that this approach is used when you want
> to add a custom entity. In my case I already have three existing
> entities, 'Contact' and 'Opportunity' and 'Lead'.
>
> Thank you,

Contacts work for Accounts not contacts
Is there a way to limit the Parent Customer field on the Contact form so that it only allows Accounts to be chosen? We don't want the capability to allow Contacts to have Sub-Contacts - but it does not seem possible to hide the Sub-Contacts item in the contacts form left hand menu. Helen; Could you create a new custom entity [Companies or something like that] to use instead of Accounts? then create a relationship between Companies and Contacts and have the lookup on the contact form be to the Companies object, rather than Accounts (remove the parent account lookup field from the ...

Millions of contacts in CRM
Hi, I am concerned about the use of MSCRM in a client with a few milliion contact records (around 6 million). I know from my own experience with SQL Server that there is no problem with this database, but I wonder if there is any issu regarding the application ou the application server...? I also read the performance and sizing white papers, but the concern there is related to number of users not record number... I read a post by Jake Horn where he mentions 2 M account records in a client installation with no problem, with replication turned off ( is this just turning off replication i...

Need help with lookup #2
Hi, I have four columns of data. Column B is a list of names. I need a formula that will like for a specific name in column B and give me the data on the rows in columns A, C and D where it finds that name. Kind of like sub-totalling by name in column B, but I want to duplicate the data to another section of the spreadsheet. Thanks for any help, Dan =index('sheet2'!a:a,match(x99,'sheet2'!b:b,0)) Change x99 to the cell that contains the name. Change 'Sheet2' to the name of the sheet with the table. Change A:A to C:C and D:D for the other columns. Dan B wr...

Import Contact as AD contacts
Is there a way to import contacts form an Exchange public folder to Contacts in my active directory under an OU? i.e instaed of creating a new contact in AD and enter all detail I want to import the current details I already have in the Public Folder as contacts thanks Mike On Fri, 5 Nov 2004 11:31:44 +0200, "Michael Greeff" <mikeg452@hotmail.com> wrote: >Is there a way to import contacts form an Exchange public folder to Contacts >in my active directory under an OU? i.e instaed of creating a new contact in >AD and enter all detail I want to import the current de...

Let's exchange contact info #3
Hi, Goran Thisell here, how are you? I am putting together a contact list of individuals interested in sharing resources and business information. If you are interested in connecting please send your Name and information to: mailto:coghem@telia.com?subject=BUSINESS_CONTACT_NG I will follow up as soon as I get your email. It's not an autoresponder so it might not be right away. I appreciate your patience. I look forward to meeting you. Regards, Goran Thisell coghem@telia.com --- MAF Anti-Spam ID: 20040306105317O0d3ZyV4 ...

OWA
Hi, When my clients create new contacts on their email accounts through OWA why is it they have type the persons name into the search window when they want to add a person or persons to their "to:" field in the message? Why doesn't their contacts show up in the bottom window so they can select one or more? Also when they create Distribution Lists via OWA they are not able to view the lists under Contacts like you can when you are using MS Outlook 2003, also the list doesn't show up when you search for it when creating a new message?? Why is that? Are there work aroun...

Contacts view options
A simple question which I'm sure has been answered before (can't find it on search, mind you)... My Outlook 2003's contacts window is listing all my entries in Last Name, First Name order. How do I swap it so it shows the other way around? Many thanks. Trent SC wrote: > A simple question which I'm sure has been answered before (can't find > it on search, mind you)... > > My Outlook 2003's contacts window is listing all my entries in Last > Name, First Name order. How do I swap it so it shows the other way > around? > Many thanks. Top ...

Add contact to group of appointments
Is it possible to add a contact to a group of appointment brought up in a search? Or does each appointment have to be done individually?. Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com Robert Bendett;144399 Wrote: > Is it possible to add a contact to a group of appointment brought up in > a search? Or does each appointment have to be done individually?. > Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com Each needs done individually. -- Slipstick 'Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center' (http://www.slipstick.com) 'Outlook Tips' (http://www.outlook-t...

add contact attribute to contact form
I need to add a new attribute 'introducer' of type contact to the contact form. I can't use the 'parent customer' attribute because I am using it for something else. The introducer is an employee of the account selected as 'parent customer', so ideally I would like the attribute to be a lookup of contacts filtered for the value of 'parent customer'. I then want to populate the address of the introducer into custom address attributes of the contact. Can anyone suggest how I might do this? Thanks, Lorraine. -- Lorraine Quigley Lorraine, You can't a...

Lookup #6
Hi, I'm looking to use the lookup functions in order to group some figures together by product code. It's probably best if I detail what I'm trying to do because the help menu doesn't seem to cater for sum totals. I have two worksheets within an excel book: Master - This sheet holds data on stock values, for each product code there can be a number of rows Comparison - This is going to be used to compare our stock system values to our actual count values (hence need one row per code). Master Sheet Layout: Col A - Code Col B - Product Col C - Qty Comparison Sheet Layout...

Contact Types
I have users complaining that they are seeing too many contacts at once and only want to see the contacts that are available to them. When a user opens an Account and clicks on Contacts, how can it be made to display only the Contacts that are pertinent to a certain user or function? Hello, Microsoft CRM 3.0 is designed such a way that the user acually will see any record that he's allowed to see. You could limit rights to users, but I don't think this is the way to go. Currently I don't see a way to restrict the visible contacts based upon which user is logged on. If user...

synching contacts with exchange 2003
Hello, Server contains small business server 2003 with exchange 2003. Workstations are Windows XP running Outlook 2003. If a user adds someone to their contacts, is it automatically saved to the server or do I have to back up that info seperately in a .pst file? Thanks for any help. In news:OSmzfK59GHA.4708@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl, Peter McCaul <compcoff@hotmail.com> typed: > Hello, > > Server contains small business server 2003 with exchange 2003. > > Workstations are Windows XP running Outlook 2003. > > If a user adds someone to their contacts, is it automati...

Contacts Search

WLM contacts wont import from .WAB
I was using outlook express on server 2003 for years without many problems. Recently I exported all my contacts to a .WAB file then moved it to my 2008 R2 server for import. The problem is when I import the 997 contacts, they show up in the immediate session however when I close and reopen WLM the imported contacts are no longer there. anyone have any ideas? Leon I found that removing all punctuation marks (comma's, periods ...) from the contact's street address field cured this exact problem "Leon McCalla" <leonmccalla@remove.hotmail.com> wrote ...

Missing CONTACTS in email even thought Contacts are in "MY CONTACT
I need help! I just bought a new computer, and fairly versed with Outlook and Microsoft Products. I used the Windows Easy Transfer program to transfer files & settings from my old computer (which was Windows XP, running Office 2007) to a new computer (which is Windows 7.0 running Office 2007) and everything came over fine. Bookmarks, all "MY Documents," email settings, contacts, calendar, EVERYTHING. Kudo's to Microsoft for having this tool. One problem that I ran into is that although my .pst file came over fine, and all the email settings, folders, cal...

Frequent Contacts
Groupwise has a feature called "Frequent contacts". Frequent Contacts keeps track of all addresses that you frequently e-mail. It's an awesome feature. Is anyone aware of a similar feature in Outlook 2003. Thanks Jo Not really. You can manually add addresses to your Contacts by right clicking the address. For an automated solution, you'd need extra code... http://www.slipstick.com/contacts/addauto.htm -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipstick.com? -Please post your Outlook version! ...

Business Contact Manager Office XP/Outlook 2002
Looking for a trial version or purchasable download of Microsoft Business Contact Manager for Office XP/Outlook 2002. Only identified this product in Beta Version for 2003 or Customer Manager for 2000. Please advise on location and if this software exists. Thank you, Scott It's not available for any product except Outlook 2003. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP ***Please post all replies to the newsgroups*** "Scott" <scott@rapidpulse.com> wrote in message news:04d701c36368$50bbcf20$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Looking for a trial version or purchasable download of > M...

Entourage Contact Icons
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther) What is the difference in the contact area between a little person icon next to a contact email or a blue dot? In a group list, I have some people with blue dots and some people with a little person. I cannot see anything special within these two emails to determine why they have different icons. Can you tell me why they are different? On 1/13/10 10:50 AM, in article 59bb0d68.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "sunshineone@officeformac.com" <sunshineone@officeformac.com> wrote: > What is the difference in the cont...

Custom entity modifications not visible
This is driving me mad and I'd be grateful for a solution please... I've modified a couple of attibutes for the address Entity in CRM under Customize Entities. Changes include the Displayname and picklist types. I've then selected 'Publish all customizations' from the More actions menu. When I then try to view the entity changes nothing has changed. I spotted a section in the Help system for Troubleshooting customizing entities which states that: a) the changes need to be published b) the user doesn't have permissions to use the customized entity. I didn't thi...

contact not listed in contacts
when i start typing in an email address in Outlook 2002, autofill comes up with three choices. two are in my contact list. the third (which is an incorrect address), when i right click properties, says it is not listed in contacts, however, it is being autofilled in Outlook 2002. how do i find and delete this email address. Also, there does not appear to be a name associated with this address, just the email address. is there a place where addresses are listed that don't have names attached to them? When that address appears in the drop-down, cursor down to it so it's h...

Contact disappears after added and saved
If I enter a contact with no email address, but does have a home address or phone number, after I save a close the contact it does not appear in my Contact List. Additionally, I 'search' for it using the find option, the contact is nowhere to be found. However, if I try and enter it again, Outlook indicates it's a duplicate entery. Where are my contacts disappearing to? What do you mean by "Contact List?" Where are these Contacts not appearing that you think they should? Contacts without electronic addresses would not be expected to appear in the addres...

Right Contacts details
If I put in an address that outlook can't find in my contacts, it goes 'Check Names' (it says the contacts folder associated with this address list could not be opened) to what I assume is the Windows Address Book. However the first one it tries to open has nothing in it. If I cgo to the drop down box, and select the second one it works fine... how do I get it to open the proper one? rfc Open the Address Book. Tools > Options > Show this address list first Remove the invalid reference to a Contacts Folder here: Tools > E-mail accounts > View or change existing di...

Auto generate Item Lookup Code
Is there a way to Auto generate Item Lookup Code and print barcodes. Most of the items we buy do not have UPC and/or barcode on them. Instead of us creating Item Lookup code for each item, is it possible that the systems will automatically generate the Item Lookup code. That feature is not built into RMS, but it can be done either through SQL Scripting or via an add-in. I think there are a couple of existing add-ins that do this, one is ICreate, which is included in the Fashion Bundle from Retail Realm http://www.retailrealm.us. Like I mentioned, this can also be automated through ...

test premier contact
bonjour. je m'appelle sophie et j'aimerais discuter avec vous et mieux vous conna�tre .. a bient�t j'esp�re . -sophie- inga.savant-aleina <inga.savant-aleina@wanadoo.fr> wrote: > bonjour. > > je m'appelle sophie et j'aimerais discuter avec vous et mieux vous > conna�tre . > a bient�t j'esp�re . Ou-est votre question s�r Outlook? -- Brian Tillman ...

Linking Contacts in Outlook 2007
I just converted from Outlook 2003 to Outlook 2007. In Outlook 2003 at the bottom left of the address card was a field in which you could link the open contact to other contacts in your address book. That field does not appear in the address card in Outlook 2007. Can someone help me figure out how to make that field appear? Thank you. That option is here: Tools > Options > Preferences > Contact Options... > Show Contact Linking on All Forms -- Russ Valentine "JMD01519" <JMD01519@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BACF9C2B-6FAC-48F4-B...