collation different between MSCRM and other db's

We have found what we believe may be a problem, or at least a complication
with our CRM setup.  The MSCRM and Metabase dbs have a collation of
Latin1_General_CI_AS.  Every other db on this server (master, model, tempdb,
the 4 BizTalk dbs, MSCRM_Integration, MSCRM_Distribution, and
CRM_Crystal) all are SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS.

Support has told us that CRM picks up the collation from the OS, the rest
pick
up the collation from SQL Server, and that this will cause no problems.

At the very least this is causing complications when we attempt to query
across
dbs, getting the error "Cannot resolve collation conflict for equal to
operation."
We know we can use the "COLLATE database_default" option in our SQL, but
why have this added complication?  I am also concerned with any problems
this
could cause down the road with 3rd party reporting tools such as Crystal
Reports,
connecting with multiple databases.

Is this likely to cause any problems?

john g

0
john
7/8/2004 9:27:22 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Collating stock market data
Dear Friends I have 1 blank excel file and around 200+ text files in the folder c: \stock. Here is a sample data in each text file. Name of the file PARAMOUNT.TXT PARAMOUNT.NS,20100226,09:01:00,521.00,521.40,517.20,519.00,1677 PARAMOUNT.NS,20100226,09:02:00,520.00,520.90,520.00,520.00,1872 PARAMOUNT.NS,20100226,09:03:00,519.25,519.95,518.00,518.70,1783 PARAMOUNT.NS,20100226,09:04:00,518.00,518.00,516.05,517.50,859 PARAMOUNT.NS,20100226,09:05:00,517.50,518.00,516.70,516.70,1466 PARAMOUNT.NS,20100226,09:06:00,517.80,519.00,517.00,519.00,1191 Is it possible to write a macro tha...

How to Update DB from changes made to Shape data
Required Actions: Update SQL DB with changes made to Shape Data (Linked with External Data (Data Link)) Steps taken: 1) Using 'Visio 2007 (Beta)' 2) Imported data from SQL 2005 server using the 'Link Data to Shape' Feature. 3) This data shows up in the External Data window 4) created shapes from this data by dragging and dropping the data to the page. 5) Made certain changes to the Shape Data Expected result - 1) A way to update the External Data View and mainly the SQL Server from where this data was udpated with the changes made to the shapes data in the visio shape FYI...

Vaildation Date from a Differance worksheet
I am trying to populate a validation field with some data from a difference worksheet, which is a part of the same work book. Is this possible The raw data looks like this � CODE, Description � but once I have chosen the raw data the only bit of data I need is the code, to be left in the field on the main worksheet. I know this can be done in ACCESS, but for some reason I have to do this in excel. Can anyone help? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Data on different server
I'm quickly running out of disk space for Ex 5.5 data and will be unable to move to a different server quickly or increase drive space on this one. I do have room on another drive, on a different server, but it cannot run Exchange itself (conflict with existing app). But can I move just the data to that different server's drive (mapping a drive letter)?? Obviously, both servers will need to stay up - but any other reasons why not? You can't store your databases/logs on a mapped drive. Get more disks for your existing server and then run the Performance Optimizer to move...

how to set different window initial sizes for different views
Hello, In my MDI app I have one document and two different view classes attached: CModelView and CSimulationView. CSimulationView is derived from CFormView. The problem is that CSimulationView's window appears on the screen with a size that is not enough to give room to the controls inside, causing scrollbars to appear. So I am looking for a method to specify my CSimulationView initial size. I assume I cannot override PreCreateWindow() inside my view's frame window, for I have different views with different size needs. Thank you in advance, David You could put them in a sp...

Linking set of worksheets between different workbooks!
Hi, We have a workbook A- with 50 worksheets named as Week1 Week2 etc. We have to create a new workbook B- with same number of worksheets, grabbing values of 3 cells from corresponding A's worksheets. B's Week1 will pull values from 3 cells in A's Week1 B'1 Week2 will pull values from same 3 cells in A's Week2 and so on.. HOw can this be accomplished without manually changing the SHeet name on the formulas. Thanks Priya ...

Measure on the date different
Hi, I had a huge file of aroiund 10 000 line. This 10 000 line only consist of 500 items. I wish to have an analyise a information. Example in the file it have items, order date, recept date and qty. Item A order 3 time on 1 Jan but recept 1 time on 1 Feb and 2 time on 15 Feb. Item A order 2 time on 1 Feb but recept i time on 1 Mar and 1 time on 15 Mar etc for Item B...... Ans Item A 2 time take 30 days and 3 time 45 days. The numbers of days can be range 25 to 30 act as 30 and 40 to 50 can act as 45. etc for Item B ....... Have you tried a pivot table? -- HTH Bo...

Able to move Report Writer fields with different 'Types' at same t
I worked recently with MBS Support and discovered that you cannot select multiple fields in Report Writer at the same time, if they have different field types. For instance, if a field in report section F1 has a type of 'Last Occurrence' and you try to move it at the same time as a field with type 'Data' in report section RH (as an example), then the field in section F1 is automatically changed to type 'Data'. This results in reporting errors that must be corrected. Since moving fields together for formatting is a matter of common convenience, I feel that this...

Creating a form with different size lines
I know this has to be relatively easy but I am having the hardest time trying to create a form for my boss with words and then lines next to them. Then when I scroll down to the middle of the page I want to make new columns with various headings and these columns have various widths. How do I fix this so I can make the columns various sizes to fit the words that need to go in them? HELP! You can not set column widths different depending on the row you are on. So for example if cell A1 has a width of 15 then A10 can not have a width of 20 becuase both cells are in the same...

Differences between Outlook 2002 and 2003
Hi, I am putting together a training for Outlook tasks and I am wondering how different the screens look from 2002 to 2003 and what, if any, is the new functionality with 2003. I appreciate your assistance. Lisa Might want to start with http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2003/newfeatures.htm. I believe there is a screen shot or two here that will show you that the interface is different. "Lisa C." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:33b301c4a443$b6ed8500$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > I am putting together a training for Outlook tasks and I ...

Why meta file looks different from DIB?
Hi, I'm doing something with windows meta file and meet some problems. I use ::CreateMetaFile(...), ::StretchDIBits(...) and ::CloseMetaFile(...) to create a memory meta file with the same content as DIB. Then I make a METAFILEPICT struct and use CF_METAFILEPICT format for drag and drop support to other applications, like Excel2000, because it does not support CF_DIB format. The problem is like this, I use an original DIB of 256*256 pixels, with each pixel RGB(128,128,128). After creating the meta file, I use ::GetMetaFileBitsEx(...) and find the corresponding BYTEs are 0x80,0x...

Collating
I am using Publisher 2003 (part of the Office Suite), Windows XM Media Edition. I am printing a 10 page newsletter and I cannot get the pages to collate. YES, I have checked the collate box on the printer screen. Is there something else I need to do? I have taken the exact same newsletter and have redone in Word 2003 and the printer will collate the ten pages. All help is appreciated. Mike Look for collating options in your printer driver, or attempt to update your printer driver. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Office Publisher MVP Official Publisher MVP Site: http://www.kvalheim.org Th...

different colour font in same cel
I have a cell in excel containing a string of text with some characters in black some in green and some in red. I want to remove all the black text leaving only the red and green. Can this be done? Not based on color with worksheet functions. It could be done with VBA code (a macro) but it would be ugly code to write. I'm guessing there's more than on cell involved? Otherwise it would be just as easy to just manually edit the darned thing. "ILMER57" wrote: > I have a cell in excel containing a string of text with some characters in > black some in...

Why and When to use COLLATE?
Hi, I have never used COLLATE option before. But when I am searching for some thing online I came across the below Table creation definition. What does the 'COLLATE SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS NOT NULL' mean. CREATE TABLE [dbo].[ADSI_PARAMETER] ( [ParameterName] [varchar] (50) COLLATE SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS NOT NULL, [ParameterValue] [varchar] (50) COLLATE SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS NOT NULL ) ON [PRIMARY] GO I went a head and created the same table in Management Studio by right clicking on the Table and picked New and just created it as usual with out...

how to unit data in different sheet into one sheet?
I have same style data in differet sheet: sheet1 q ww w ww e r r e t r (and adding) sheet2 5 f 6 g d h e h g juh (adding) and in sheet3 I want automatic display: q ww w ww e r r e t r 5 f 6 g d h e h g juh any solutions? One play via non-array formulas .. In Sheet1, data is assumed in cols A & B, from row1 down Use an empty col to the right, say col E Put in E1: =IF(COUNTBLANK(A1:B1)=2,"",ROW()) Copy E1 down to say, E100, to cover the max expected data in cols A & B In Sheet2, data is assumed in cols A & B, from row1 down Use an empty col to the right, say col E...

different pages on each sheet in publisher?
I am trying to do wedding invitations, each page is 3.5 x 7.50, 3.5 x 7.75 and 3.5 x 8. How can I put one of each of these on the page? Also, How can I do tear off reply cards and have the guests names and quantity invited on each one? These are 3.5 x 8.25. Thank you On the three pages sizes, set separate files for each page making three like pages per sheet of paper. On the last page, the one with the tear off reply, you didn't say what size page it was being torn off; if it's an 8.5 x 11 just make it the bottom 3.5 inches. Seems you will be using a paper cutter extensive...

Exporting Excel data to Oracle DB
I am looking for a way to take information from an Excel spreadsheet and move it into an Oracle database. My first question is, can this be done? And second, what are the limitiations? I would greatly appreciate any info. Josh ...

Calculate difference between current date & prior
I am looking for a formula that would calculate the difference in dates but display in weeks-can this even be done? Col A Date Received 4/15/2010 Col B Approx Age in Weeks 2 I am trying to calculate the current age in weeks but cannot come up with the right formula. The closest I could get was using TODAY() but kept getting the errors. I have the formatting for the results col. set as number with 0 decimals. Thank you in advance for any assistance! =INT((TODAY()-A2)/7) or =ROUND((TODAY()-A2)/7) -- Best Regards, Luke M "S" <S@discussion...

to find the difference between time
Hello Sir, I am a data entry operator in an organisation. I want to find the time difference. For this please help me. what i have done? i opened a worksheet. i enter the date 07.05.10 in first coloumn, then i entered the time 5:30 pm in second coloumn. In third coloumn i entered the date 09.05.10, then i entered the time 6:30am . Now i want find the time difference between above mentioned time. Please help me. =SUM(C1,D1)-Sum(A1,B1) -- Regards Dave Hawley www.ozgrid.com "Jogi" <Jogi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:076C5E2A-6...

Spelling in documents with different languages
I regularly write documents with mixed content, that is, English, Chinese, Greek, etc. I have my spelling checker on all the time and most of the time it works good. When I have a romanized Chinese word like "Kongzi" it might signal that it is a spelling mistake, but I just add it to my custom dictionary (or 'ignore' it). Usually when I include Chinese characters, they are NOT marked as spelling mistakes, but in my current document all of the Chinese characters have that red line underneath. I don't want to add them to my dictionary (if that's even possi...

RDL design preview different then deploy
Hi All expert, i knew that the rederer is different in between VS2005 preview and deploy web site preview, but the output is really different, i try to print for my invoice, but those aligment are really gone. my enviroment is 2005 with SP3, and VS2005, can someone tell me is the problem able to fix? or i have to move to VS2008 with SQL2008 then only can fix for this? or i just need to wait for SP4? very appreaciated ! best regrads On Jan 17, 1:38=A0am, XJ <iany...@hotmail.com> wrote: > Hi All expert, > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 i knew that the rederer is differe...

Change database collation during redeployment
We have a test/stageing area that we will move to a production area using the redeployment tool . During redeployment you take a backup of the current system and then restore the databasen on the new system. Is it possble to change the database collaction during backup/restore. We need to change the default collaction to Finnish_Swedish_CI_AS. // Mats ...

How do I count items based on multiple criteria from a different worksheet?
I have tried {=SUM(('10-16-2005'!F:F="Brentwood") * ('10-16-2005'!B:B="ACTV"))} (entered with F2, then cntrl/shift /return, but it is not returning what It should. What I would REALLY like to do, is if the first letter of column B (STATUS) starts with a "A", "B" or "N" .AND. Column F (City) = "Brentwood" .AND. Column J (BT) = "DE". All of these are on Worksheet 10-16-05 (or preferrably, what ever the column header is on SHEET1, row1, column()) Thanks! Mc Here is a formula =SUMPRODUCT((ISNUMBER(FIN...

calculating time/dates differences
I'm looking for a formula that will allow me to calculate the difference between the time and date of one day and the next. I also need to be able subtract out the time between 17:00 ahd 08:30 as well as weekend days and holidays. Example 6 June 16:51 to 7 June 9:51 Here's some formulas and information that might help: http://www.officearticles.com/excel/date_formulas_and_functions_in_microsoft_excel.htm The most important part is the formatting of the cell that contains the formula. Also, when you subtract dates/time, the answer is provided in DAYS. So if you want the number of...

how do I set up separate mail boxes for different email addresses
I want to receive e-mail from different addresses separately how do I set this up? "revziggy" <revziggy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3295B72C-617A-4944-A360-0406F5D6528A@microsoft.com... >I want to receive e-mail from different addresses separately how do I set > this up? Two ways: either set up separate folders in your current profile and set up rules to move mail from the different accounts into them, or set up separate Outlook Profiles for each account. Or, get Office 2007 when you will have the option to set up different Inboxes for differe...