Closing Opportunity - Status Reasons

When you close an Opportunity, you can set the Status "Won" or "Lost."
 Based on what you select, it populates a drop-down list, Status
Reason, right beneath it.

How can I add my own options to this drop-down?

Keith
0
krschacht
7/9/2003 11:45:43 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

From Home, go to Settings>System Customization>Opportunities>Customize
Form

Click on the detail tab, then double click the Status Reason field.
Add your own options from the value tab

krschacht@hotmail.com (Keith) wrote in message news:<280caed6.0307091545.753caf87@posting.google.com>...
> When you close an Opportunity, you can set the Status "Won" or "Lost."
>  Based on what you select, it populates a drop-down list, Status
> Reason, right beneath it.
>
> How can I add my own options to this drop-down?
>

> Keith
0
sam
7/10/2003 4:10:56 PM
No, different field.

There is a Status Reason field which is on one of the tabs of the
regular Opportunity form.  That's the one you are talking about.  I'm
talking about when you click Action > Close Opportunity, it pops up a
different form with two radio buttons you can select Won or Lost.
Depending on what you select it populates a drop-down beneath labeled
Status Reason, but this is a different list.  There are different
options and, as far as I can tell, you can't edit this through the
normal Form customization.

Any ideas?

Keith

"lindad" <lindad@icsadvantage.com> wrote in message news:<a6e801c346e9$a3cbe9c0$a401280a@phx.gbl>...
> You can definitely add/change Status Reasons for Won or
> Lost Opportunities. New Status Reasons may be added
> through system customization and picklist values (change
> the properties of the Status Reason Field). This will
> force you to pick the status first and then add related
> values. This works even for the status of Won, where, with
> the default of only one value, the Opportunity close
> window does not allow the user to choose a Status Reason.
> If you add multiple reasons, a picklist will appear so the
> user can chose the appropriate value.

0
krschacht

Time Stamp form open and close
I have a form that is used to enter data. I have a time stamp for each entry but would like to capture the data entry session for an immediate printout of a report on the entries. So, Upon entering the form I would like to mark a variable with a time stamp, allow the user to enter all they want, then when they exit the form, record the end with a time stamp. I would then like these two time stamps to be used to capture the data for a query then report. Any suggestions on what would be the best place to start? Thanks, -- learning by playing It sounds like you are trying to save user...

Closing down Outlook 2003
Just upgraded my Office XP to 2003 and everything works just fine with the exception of Outlook which hangs and won't close down properly. After a "forced" close, it won't start unless I reboot the PC. Any ideas? Regards, gsengma I would do a Detect and repair from under the Help menu in Outlook 2003 and see if that helps. It could also be related to 3rd party products, try starting Outlook in "Safe" mode and see if you can close properly. 296192 OL2002: Additional Command-Line Switches http://kb/article.asp?id=Q296192 -- Sandra Lafreniere Microsoft PSS sa...

Change "Close Opportunity" form
How can i change the "Close Opportunity"-form? We've installed a Dutch version of CRM, so I don't know how the topmenu-values are called, but here's a guess: When you are in an Opportunity and you click on Actions -> "Close Opportunity...", there will pop-up a form. And i want to change that form but i can't find it.... What do you want to change? The only thing you can control on this form (in a supported manner) is the list of values in the drop downs. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "AmonRa" <AmonRa@discussions.microsoft.com...

Closing a form error 2585 This action cannot be carried out while processing a form or report event
Closing a form error 2585 This action cannot be carried out while processing a form or report event. This message is occurring in a pop-up I have created to add line items to an invoice. The form works fine if they create a line item and click the ITEM DONE button which adds the item to a temporary table and then executes Call Line_Item_Wrap_Up This is the code executed which simply determines which module called it, reopens that form, and closes the current form. This work fine under normal circumstances. Sub Line_Item_Wrap_Up() DoCmd.SetWarnings True If Public_CALLED_LINE_ITEM...

Additional lookup for contacts on opportunity form
Hi, I try to customise CRM 3.0 without any training - therefore a question for which I need some help. On the opportunity form exists a look-up (potentional customer) for contacts/accounts. I'd like to add an aditional one to the form (to replace the decision maker). I tryed to create a new field on the opportunity entity but there's no field-type "look-up". It's also not possible to create a new relationship to the contact entity (both system entity's). Does anybody of you know how I can do this? (if yes - please explain it more detailed...). Thanks Joerg Look...

HTML Status Bar
It there a way for me to customize the status bar to show the item picture after a item is scanned? Copy and past the code below into Notepad or Frontpage and save it as an .htm file. If you use Notepad be sure to change the File Type to All Files. Or just piece the code that you need from this example into your file. I modified this to display the image of the last item added to the transaction or the currenlty highlighted item. If the item does not have an image assiged then it displays a generic 'no image available' pic. Rob <html> <head> <meta http-equiv=...

can't close the PO Entry window in GP9
A user created a PO and printed it. He opened it again and didn't know what's gotten to him, he deleted the line items. Now we couldn't close the PO Entry window. We even tried to put the item back to the line but it said we can't change item once the PO has been released. Before I'm going to shutdown the computer to close the GP app., please anyone could shed some lights of how to close the PO Entry window in a nicer way. Many thanks. Are you getting an error trying to close the window? Or is it just not responding? -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible...

Outlook Folder List Will Not Close
When I close Outlook, the folder list stays on the screen as if it is frozen there. I have to refresh the screen to make it go away. Anyone have any ideas as to why this happens? Also, it only happens for one user profile on the computer. ...

IMAP Status
In O2003, IMAP, Inbox, there is a default view called "Group Messages Marked for Deletion". The view groups the message marked and not marked for deletion by using this field (IMAP Status) in the Group By box. I tried to locate this "IMAP Status" field but cannot locate it. I looked through all the available fields but cannot locate it. Does anyone know where it is located? Shawn ...

Highlight Row Based On Condition-So close
I currently have the below to highlight the cell based on a condition of comparing a date in column (I) and if it's greater than 90 days past then highlight the cell - what I need to do is highlight the row from columns A-J, any idea's? This has to be programmed and if there is a better structure then I am open to it. Sub MarkThem() Range("I1").Select Range(Selection, Selection.End(xlDown)).Select Selection.FormatConditions.Add Type:=xlCellValue, Operator:=xlLessEqual, _ Formula1:="=NOW()-90" Selection.FormatConditions(Sele...

Get column name and data type from closed workbook
Good day Group, Found the code below from this group that helps me to retrieve the Sheet names from a closed Workbook. Is it possible to get the name of the columns (fields) from a Worksheet in a closed Workbook in the same way? Is it posssible to get the format (data types) of each column? As new to this I´┐Żam grateful for some hints. Brgds CG Rosen ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 'Sub GetSheetNames() Dim cnn As ADODB.Connection Dim cat As ADOX.Catalog Dim tbl As ADOX.Table Dim lRow As Lon...

Close RMS from the command line?
Hi all, I am running maintenance on a scheduled basis and need to make sure that RMS (POS, Manager, and HQ Client) are not running when I'm running maintenance. Specifically, I want to clean up all the .tmp files from the %TEMP% folder from the command line, and these are often in use by RMS. How do I stop the applications from the command line? Thanks all! try stopping the database with: net stop mssqlserver this would crash rms and hqclient but might leave the program open with an error message on the screen, so not sure if it would release the temp files. if that works, start th...

How to handle renewal product/ Opportunities
We are having a discussion here about how to handle new and renewal products/ opportunities. One group wants to mark opportunities as either new or renewal and the other wish to mark the product as new or renewal. The marking of opportunities as new or renewal, adding an attribute to the entity, allows us to filter the opportunities reports by this attributes. However other group feels that the attribute on the product better reflect the true product allowing us to mix opportunities with new and renewal products. Is there a best practice for handing this issue? *Side note: Our pr...

Add a close icon to Excel's Toolbar
All of the office applications have an icon associated with the close function. I always add this to my toolbars but in Excel it displays as text rather than an icon. Minor but why not be consistent Tools>Customize. Right-click on the "Close" button on your Toolbar and hit "Default style" command. Should change to a folder with an arrow. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 09:55:06 -0800, "SNiness" <SNiness@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >All of the office applications have an icon associated with the close >function. I always a...

Macro to open and close addins
Can anyone provide an example of a macro that loads and / or unloads an add-in file when run? For example, if it loads the add-in I would want to see the file appear in the add-ins available dialog box. When it unloads the add-in, it would then be removed from the dialog box. Thanks for your help. -- Steph Try Sub AddinInstall() If Not Application.AddIns("Analysis Toolpak - VBA").Installed Then _ Application.AddIns("Analysis Toolpak - VBA").Installed = True End Sub Sub AddinUnInstall() If Application.AddIns("Analysis Toolpak - VBA").Inst...

Opportunity Workflow Rule and Sales Process conflict??
Hello All: I have the following scenario: When an opportunity is created, a workflow rule fires which: Assigns the new opportunity to user Gail Sends an email to Gail to tell her about her new opportunity I also have a sales process that fires on Opportunity Create which has a number of steps, and the first step creates a Phone Call task for Gail to follow up. However for some reason this phone call task creation is failing. At first I had the sales process set up to create the task for the opportunity owner, but then I thought that the problem might be that the assign rule was not fi...

Files deleted for no reason
My Inbox,Deleted Items and Sent Items folders were completely empty when I opened MS Outlook 2002 this morning. My calendar, task list, contacts, etc. are just fine. My husband didn't lose any e-mail nor have any problems whatsoever under his log-in. I can't seem to find info ANYWHERE that is helping me locatem these lost e-mails! Help me, please... TNT Siebert cogitated deeply and scribbled thusly: > My Inbox,Deleted Items and Sent Items folders were > completely empty when I opened MS Outlook 2002 this > morning. My calendar, task list, contacts, etc. are just &...

Lead Batch Conversion to Contacts and Opportunities
Has anyone come across a solution for running a bult conversion process of leads to contacts, and opportunities? For example, I am importing a bunch of leads. Instead of going on by one and converting these leads to contacts and opps I want to do it in batch. Any suggestions is greatly appreciated. Thanks for the help! ...

Toggling "Shutter Bar Open/Close Button"
I would like to expand and contract "Shutter Bar Open/Close Button" inside a module. However, I haven't figured out what method or code is needed in order to manipulate it. I would also like to be able to expand or contract features on the Shutter bar (Navigation Bar) like Forms, Queries, etc. Any ideas? ...

close form automatically after say 2 second
I guess I cannot close msgbox after predetermined time in code. So I want to use a form to display message and close automatically in 2 seconds. How to do that? Thanks. Check the Access help for the OnTimer event. Steve "Song Su" wrote: > I guess I cannot close msgbox after predetermined time in code. So I want to > use a form to display message and close automatically in 2 seconds. How to > do that? > > Thanks. > > > These code works. How to supply message to the form in code? Option Compare Database Option Explicit Private Sub Form_Open(C...

Word 2007 Close QAT Closes Word Session
Unsure how this happened (user stated that it just "started" happening) User has placed a Close command in his Quick Access Toolbar. Whenever the user has only one document open, and he clicks the close icon in the QAT it closes the entire session of Word not just the document. I have removed and replace the command, same thing happens. Any suggestions on how to remedy this would be grateful. Thanks, Sean Your user has placed a Close or Exit (which closes the Word session) command on the QAT - delete that command and replace with Close command (which closes ...

THIS NEWSGROUP HAS BEEN CLOSED
(My apologies for using full caps in the subject, but I really want this post to draw attention). On July 1, 2010, Microsoft has closed this newsgroup. This means that you might not be able to make any posts here anymore, and even if you still can, others won't see your post and you won't get any replies. It's highly recommended to post your message in one of the Microsoft online forums instead. There's no forum specifically aimed at Windows Media Player, but you can go to http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-us/group/WindowsAnswers On that page, fir...

Status bar will not fire onclick events

CRM 4.0 Email Router: "Incoming Status: Failure" when setting exch
Hi, When I set my email router using exchange server as inbound, I got a error message Incoming Status: Failure - The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel. The remote certificate is invalid according to the validation procedure. The SSL certificate installed on the server and web test no error. Anyone knows how to fix the problem? Joe, I'm searching for the same answer - did you ever find one? Thanks -- Stuart Fawcett "Joe" wrote: > Hi, > > When I set my email router using exchange serve...