Client/server service pack upgrades

We are looking to install a number of CRM upgrades and hotfixes this
weekend. For several of them (for example, the Sales for Outlook Feature
Pack), there is a server installation, and a client installation.

We have many remote users, and it could be two-three weeks before we get the
client installation out to these users. Will we have any issues if we go
ahead and install the Server installations without the Client installations?

Thank you,
Paul McBride

0
Paul
9/17/2004 2:34:45 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

I dont think so.

the server patches are for windows xp sp2 etc.
the outlook features are client only

--
John O'Donnell
Microsoft CRM MVP

"Paul McBride" <pmcbride@comcast.net> wrote in message
> We are looking to install a number of CRM upgrades and hotfixes this
> weekend. For several of them (for example, the Sales for Outlook Feature
> Pack), there is a server installation, and a client installation.
>
> We have many remote users, and it could be two-three weeks before we get
the
> client installation out to these users. Will we have any issues if we go
> ahead and install the Server installations without the Client
installations?

> Thank you,
> Paul McBride

0
John

Soap client
Hello. How could I consume Web services created using c# with soap client written on c++6.0 ? I can't use .net on client app. Thanks in advance. Look for the COM-based SOAP Toolkit on the MSDN download web site [0]. Check out the MSDN Library [1] for some articles on interoperability issues. -- HTH Christoph Schittko [MVP] Software Architect, .NET Mentor [0] http://www.msdn.microsoft.com/downloads/default.asp?URL=/downloads/sample.asp?url=/msdn-files/027/001/948/msdncompositedoc.xml [1] http://msdn.microsoft.com/library "Ulan" <usametov@hotmail.com> wrote in messa...

Redundant Exchange Server 2003
I have a small office - 30 users, and we have Windows 2003 AD / Exchange 2003 Native on one server. I would like to build a fail over solution of this machine. Basically, I want to build another server with Windows 2003 as a domain controller and Exchage for backup or redundancy. My question is on Exchange - how do I do this - I am seeking ideas and concepts in implemeting this on my new DC. Thank you. There is 3rd party software available that will do full data replication of mailboxes. You may want to look around the following website for these type products: www.slipstick.com -- ...

Retreive Backup from main server
I am at a store where my computer crashed and I am afraid that my database back up file may have been corrupted. Every evening we "dump" into our main server as well as backing up locally. Does anyone know of a way that we can retreive the latest back up that we made into our main server, since the local backup is not working properly? ...

Multiple Backend Server
Hi Guy's We have existing one frontend server and one backend servers, now we are adding another backend server in new domain. we need the new backend server be hosted by the existing frontend server. How will we do it ? do you have any procedure. regards robert hi, i think you can simply add it. as far as front-end hosting is concerned, if you are using it only for OWA than no special configuration is required. Regards, Vineet SMS 2003 Report Error - Need help wrote: > Hi Guy's > > We have existing one frontend server and one backend servers, now ...

Installing multiple Sales for Outlook clients
Is it possible to install multiple Sales for Outlook clients via script/msi upon user log on to network, or must all clents be installed MANUALLY? jorgen.b Jorgen Many have trid to figure this out but I have not heard of anyone having any success with automating the install of SFO. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On 18 Jan 2005 05:08:49 -0800, "jorgen.b" <lunarleaper@yahoo.com> wrote: Is it possible to install multiple Sales for Outlook clients via script/msi upon user log on to network, or ...

server name wrong
I have just opened a new account with gmail.com so I can send photos via windows mail, but I mistakenly put googlemail.com when filling in the account info and now all I get is a message saying that googlemail.com cannot be found. How do I change it? See these instructions for enabling POP and for configuring Windows Mail/Live Mail.... http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=86382 http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=86383 or for IMAP.... http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=77696&topic=12920 "Mrs Eee" <Mrs Eee@...

'In maintenance mode' status after Exchange 2003 upgrade to SP2 #2
Hello, I have upgraded all my Exchange 2003 (Enterprise edition) servers from SP1 to SP2. One of the servers display now in the status "In Maintenance Mode". The five other servers are at status "Available". Exchange is correctly running on all of them. It's the first time I see the status "In Maintenance Mode" and I cannot find any information on it. Do you have any idea? In the Monitoring tab on the server, the "Disable all monitoring of this server" checkbox is selected. uncheck it Here is the article http://support.microsoft.com/?id=2603...

Micorsoft Exchnage server 2007 SDK
Hi. I had installed Exchange server 2007 on my machine.I had also installed Exchange server 2007 SDK.I am trying to run samples given in sdk but most of the samples are not working. Like In some programs they used CDOEX,EXOLEDB but microsoft doucmentation for exchange server 2007 says that Exchange sever 2007 does not support CDOEX,EXOLEDB etc. Is anything wrong with Exchage server 2007 documentation? Please reply.. its beta "Microsoft Exchange 2007 command shell" <MicrosoftExchange2007commandshell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0C14A2F6-B78A-43D0-9...

Taste that correction pack
--pybmdtddtzjef Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="yqhzjeayrro"; type="multipart/alternative" --yqhzjeayrro Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="kqrymbonftfa" --kqrymbonftfa Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Client this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to he...

HQ Client Server over VPN
In the HQ Client configuration, many of you state that the IP address should be entered for the remote server address in stead of server name. Which IP address is that when you are connecting from a laptop(HQ server) to PC inside the store (HQ client) over VPN? I could be accessing from home or Starbucks and the IP on the laptop changes. Also, since I connect to 2 stores, each store network assigns a different DHCP Ip to the laptop when connected via laptop. ...

Money Investment Toolbox upgrade
Hi 1. Just upgraded to V14 of MSN Money Toolbox online. 2. Was working just great before that. 3. Now I when I go to Portfolio I see the CNBC side bar (which is just gray) and the main screen area is the dark gray background (ie. No OCX control). 4. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling numereous times and setting moneycentral to trusted site, no such luck. Works ok on my wife's PC. Any clues anyone ? Machine: XP Professional, SP1 with all the latest service packs. Thanks in advance. S. Got the same problem on my desktop pc.....installed just fine on my laptop. Still scratching ...

Visio 2000 Service Release 1 #3
1. When Visio 2000 Service Release 1 was available, was it free? 2. Did Microsoft give out a new 25 digit key to install it, or did it not require a new key? (The key for the original Visio 2000 is a much shorter key.) 3. Does anyone happen to still have the download file on their computer? I'm intitled to the Service Release since I have a licensed (and registered) copy of Visio 2000 (pre-service release), but as many of you know, it's not avalable. Thanks Sam ...

Exchange Server that is running sluggishly.
Any ideas as to what I can do to an Exchange Server that is running sluggishly? I'm running Exchange Server 5.5 with SP 4, running on Windows 2000 Advanced Server, with SP3. It's working, just very slow. Our private Information Store is only 9 GB in size as well. ANY help would be greatly appreciated, thanks! Mark Also, I forgot to say in my first e-mail that I ran a defrag on the Exchange database last night, hoping that would improve performance. But it didn't help anything, it's still just as slow today. Mark >-----Original Message----- >Any ideas as ...

Block attachment size at Client
hi Is there anyway to limiting user using MS Outlook to attachment document which is more than 5MB? thanks "gbkhor" wrote in message news:OfmjM8pVIHA.3556@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > > Is there anyway to limiting user using MS Outlook to attachment > document which is more than 5MB? Sure. As the mail admin, you should be able to configure what is the maximum size of your customer's e-mails. gbkhor <gbkhor@time.net.my> wrote: > Is there anyway to limiting user using MS Outlook to attachment > document which is more than 5MB? You may be able to ...

Service Call Mgmt
Need to have an option (perhaps in the Customer Extension records) for a customer price level which affects Labor rates. The default price level in the customer master card only affects parts on the service calls. So, for instance, if there were a "Customer Price Level" on the Customer Extension Card, it would override the Price Level on the Technician Card. This would need to be a flag type option which could be left with current functionality or override - at the customer level. The impetus behind this is we need the ability to offer discounted labor rates to some of our ...

Outlook 2003 not default MAPI client
I can't get Outlook 2003 set as my default MAPI client. I have answered "yes" when Outlook asks me if I want it to be the default email program, and I have set Outlook as the email program in Internet Explorer (under Tools|Internet Options|Programs). But still, when I click on a link in a browser windows such as someone@microsoft.com, up pops Outlook Express asking if I want it to be the default program. How can I set things so that when I click an email link, I get Outlook 2003, not Outlook Express? Many thanks for your help! Check the file associations for URL:MailTo Proto...

2 seperate domains 2 seperate exchange servers.
Currently we have 2 seperate exchange servers in 2 seperate domains. As we get users new pc's we have been exporting PST and creating new exchange account in Domain A. We eventually want domain B gone but have emails still come into the address for domain B. With he new account for Domain A we still set the smtp default address to be for Domain B. People from the oustide can send fine, me being on domain A, I can still send find to there old Domain B address. The only problem is that when people still on Domain B reply the email get lost as it doesn't know where to go. Er...

Installing RMS SP2 on W2K domain controller & clients
Just wanted to know in advance if this is ok. The RMS SP2 directions are very general re: computers, so I assume it doesnt matter, but our server install of RMS is running on a W2Ksp4 DC, with SQL ServerSP2. Dont want to break anything, so any insights are appreciated. The desktops are either XPsp1A or W2K sp3 /sp4. XPsp2 still is causing others hedaches, and really dont want to deal with it right now, have not installed it yet. Thanks Also, our server install is in a data path E:\PROG FILES\MSFT RMS\ETC, not on the C: partition. Is this an issue? I have read the post below re: 10 st...

xsd web service validator from db2?
Hey all, Has anyone tried to connect to a mainframe using HIS server for strong names (db2) and convert the trans into xsd's? I need to build a web service xsd validator and wondered if any samples are lying around in here. Thanks, BillB ...

4.0 Client Config error
The Client config returns an error with this in the server log; Exception information: Exception type: HttpParseException Exception message: Could not create type 'Microsoft.Crm.Sdk.Crm2007.CrmDiscoveryServiceAD'. Request information: Request URL: http://toshiba2002:5555/MSCRMServices/2007/AD/CrmDiscoveryService.asmx Request path: /MSCRMServices/2007/AD/CrmDiscoveryService.asmx The web client works OK, and I also get this same error when I try to connect the DMManager. The Server is SBE. Any ideas? -- Thanx Grizz Dear see this http://support.micros...

Adding Contacts Folder as Address Book in Exchange Server
I am trying to add my contacts folder to my address book in Outlook XP and don't see the Tools, Options I used to see in Outlook 2000. How can I add this folder to my address book? Is that an option you can turn on or off for a profile in Exchange Server? Thanks!! -- Remove 'spam' from email address to contact me directly Right click on your Contacts folder, go to properties, outlook address book. Can you tick the box there? If not, go to tools, e-mail accounts, view/change address books, and make sure you have the Outlook Address Book option there. Then try right-clicking...

Outlook Client: Syncronise other peoples calendars
Hi, Is it possible to let the Outlook client bring in other peoples appointments in CRM. We want all our sales team to see all appointments in Outlook, We this to happen by default rather than having to add attendees each time. -- Thanks in advance Chris ...

Configure your firewall to forward SMTP messages to the new server
When retiring an old exchanger server, after moving the FSMO roles and rehoming the public folders and offline address book, is it necessary to set the new server as the default SMPT server prior to changing the firewall or will it automatically accept the messages? There are 2 things that typically happen on most firewalls: 1. A static network address translation (NAT) that maps the server's internal/private IP address to an external/public IP address 2. ACL/rule that allows traffic on a particular port - tcp port 25 in this case for smtp - to that server. You can either change the...

Server crashed!
Do a good deed, and help a newbie! Last night my windows xp crashed, and after installing windows in another directory, I would like to recover my email from my old 'Documents and Settings'. But where's the file? I didn't use a PST file, just standard outlook setup. Hope you can help! Thanks in advance, Bassa B Bassa B <nope@dope.com> wrote: > Last night my windows xp crashed, and after installing windows in > another directory, I would like to recover my email from my old > 'Documents and Settings'. But where's the file? It can be anywhere...

MSCRM 3.0 Emails Not Sent from Laptop Client.. Works from Web Client
I'm attempting to chase down an issue with e-mail here. For some reason, our users using the Laptop client are experiencing an issue where after sending an e-mail through the E-Mail Activity, the e-mail appears properly in the History window, but the recipients never receive the message. >From the web client, this works without issue. I tested using both clients sending an e-mail activity to myself at both my internal corporate e-mail address and to my Gmail address. Both the e-mails from the web client arrived in their respective inboxes, the 2 sent from the laptop client did not. ...