Client-Outlook problem

Hello, I have big trouble with Outlook after the crm-installation. First of
all the Serverconnection failed everytime I start Outlook. I have to change
to offlinemode, restart outlook and went to onlinemode. The next thing is the
performance. Outlook is significant slower than before.

Have anybody the same problems and may be a suggestion?
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Importing address book from Outlook Express to Microsoft Outlook
At 81 years of age and mere novice in this technology I need help to be able to transfer all my email contacts address files in Outlook Express on my main PC, (Windows XP), to the Microsoft Outlook Mail program on another PC (a Samsung lap top I have just purchased) using Vista Home Premium. -- gordo You have to move your msg store & address book from the old PC to the new PC, then make it available in Express, or Mail, before you can then export msgs from Express/Mail to Outlook. Then in Outlook you import the address book. http://www.insideoe.com/ should give some hints on transf...

Soap client
Hello. How could I consume Web services created using c# with soap client written on c++6.0 ? I can't use .net on client app. Thanks in advance. Look for the COM-based SOAP Toolkit on the MSDN download web site [0]. Check out the MSDN Library [1] for some articles on interoperability issues. -- HTH Christoph Schittko [MVP] Software Architect, .NET Mentor [0] http://www.msdn.microsoft.com/downloads/default.asp?URL=/downloads/sample.asp?url=/msdn-files/027/001/948/msdncompositedoc.xml [1] http://msdn.microsoft.com/library "Ulan" <usametov@hotmail.com> wrote in messa...

Installing multiple Sales for Outlook clients
Is it possible to install multiple Sales for Outlook clients via script/msi upon user log on to network, or must all clents be installed MANUALLY? jorgen.b Jorgen Many have trid to figure this out but I have not heard of anyone having any success with automating the install of SFO. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On 18 Jan 2005 05:08:49 -0800, "jorgen.b" <lunarleaper@yahoo.com> wrote: Is it possible to install multiple Sales for Outlook clients via script/msi upon user log on to network, or ...

outlook 2007 #31
Hello, I used to use outlook 2003 for my IMAP type email account. recetly i have switched to outlook 2007. However the imap account does not work now. It says that it can not connect to the server. I installed the same account to windows mail in vista and it works there. I dont know what the problem is with outlook 2007. It is not a server problem because the imap email account works on windows mail. What may be the problem? Thanks ...

contact manager for outlook 2003 or contact manager for outlook
Does anyone have experience with it? Can it be used for sharing contact among say 5 users? is it easy to maintain shared contacts? can it easily convert existing contact folder? what about distribution list? Is updating exclusive to one user at a time? You mean Business Contact Manager? It is a single-user program.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "learner" <learner@nomail.nil> wrote in message = news:uHWRgZfQF...

Outlook inbox
After I receive e-mail, if I read it and leave it in inbox, it disappears after I close it out? Any help would be appreciated. Check the view on your Inbox. It sounds like you have it set to "unread Messages" "Will" <wtodd1@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:059601c359d2$fda0e490$a401280a@phx.gbl... > After I receive e-mail, if I read it and leave it in > inbox, it disappears after I close it out? Any help would > be appreciated. ...

Microsoft Outlook 2003 and 2007
I'm changing computers and i want to move my personal folders to the new pc. How can i accomplish this task? Microsoft Outlook 2003 and 2007. You don't mention if both machines are connected to your home/personal network, but I have found copying the PST file(s) to a common removable/network drive share the best way. Once you get the PST file(s) moved over to the new machine on one of its local drives, just create a new mail profile on the new machine and use your old data file. "LNNO" <LNNO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BB4089CD-B...

Problem with CFTPFindFile
Hi I'm enumerating the directories on the FTP server. The problem i'm getting is that the FindFile() function returns 0 if the Folder Name on the server has a space in it. Though that folder does have subfolders. Does anyone know wats the reason for it. Regards Usman ...

HQ Client Server over VPN
In the HQ Client configuration, many of you state that the IP address should be entered for the remote server address in stead of server name. Which IP address is that when you are connecting from a laptop(HQ server) to PC inside the store (HQ client) over VPN? I could be accessing from home or Starbucks and the IP on the laptop changes. Also, since I connect to 2 stores, each store network assigns a different DHCP Ip to the laptop when connected via laptop. ...

WDDM driver problem
Hi, Approximately one week ago I have posted a question about WDDM driver initializing. The question title include a typo, WDDM instead of WDDK. I don't know whether it is the reason for not getting any response. Please advice on how to get some help. Maybe another mailing list/forum or maybe some other official channel will help with getting the necessary support. I will appreciate any help in this mater because it actually block my progress. Thanks Ron Rondis <RonRondis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > >Approximately one week ago I have posted a que...

Block attachment size at Client
hi Is there anyway to limiting user using MS Outlook to attachment document which is more than 5MB? thanks "gbkhor" wrote in message news:OfmjM8pVIHA.3556@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > > Is there anyway to limiting user using MS Outlook to attachment > document which is more than 5MB? Sure. As the mail admin, you should be able to configure what is the maximum size of your customer's e-mails. gbkhor <gbkhor@time.net.my> wrote: > Is there anyway to limiting user using MS Outlook to attachment > document which is more than 5MB? You may be able to ...

Problems with paste.
I am trying to paste an object that is larger than one page. Without copying this object over and over just to get it all, how would I be able to copy and paste so it would wrap itself onto the other pages. Are you talking about a text box or an image? -- Don Vancouver, USA "J, Dodge" <J, Dodge@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:92C5742E-A9E4-47C2-9CB0-66D8EA2C9DD7@microsoft.com... >I am trying to paste an object that is larger than one page. Without >copying > this object over and over just to get it all, how would I be able to copy > and...

Outlook and Word
I just had to reinstall Office XP and know, when I open Outlook a blank MS Word page come onto the screen. When I delete the page The Outlook screen is there. I uninstalled the office xp and reinstalled the program and the same thing happens. Is there any way I can get rid of this annoying problem Thanks in advance Tom Whalen ...

Outlook XP- 'Outlook Today' page gone wonky
Hi, I'm running Office XP under Win XP Pro SP2. I have Outlook set to go to the 'Outlook Today' page whenever I launch the program. Until a couple of days ago the 'Outlook Today' page has shown all entries on my calendar for the next seven days, grouping them into the correct days. However, I am now seeing all the entries for the coming week grouped together under the one day, which is shown as 'Today'. I've tried reducing the number of days displayed to one, then increasing it again, but whatever I do the entries are all shown under the 'Today'...

Summing problem
Hi I have have few columns which have several rows. Each column has been added up using the Sigma tool (S). When I try to add up ( = A+B+C...) those sums I end up with zero value no matter what I do? Any ideas? Thanks Kalevi Hi Kalevi, > I have have few columns which have several rows. Each column has been added > up using the Sigma tool (S). When I try to add up ( = A+B+C...) those sums I > end up with zero value no matter what I do? > Any ideas? > You mean =A10+B10+C10 ? (or =SUM(A10:C10)) Regards, Jan Karel Pieterse Excel MVP www.jkp-ads.com Just a guess .. Perha...

How do I set up my outlook to send e-mails through hotmail?
I have a new laptop and I would like to use my outlook 2003 to send e-mails, however, I can't seem to set it up properly to send the e-mails through my hotmail connection. The e-mails just sit in my outbox. Can anyone give me some advice on what to do? "Jazi1" <Jazi1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AF69FAD9-52CF-4BFE-A9EE-A4BCC59C8F0B@microsoft.com... >I have a new laptop and I would like to use my outlook 2003 to send >e-mails, > however, I can't seem to set it up properly to send the e-mails through my > hotmail connection. The e-m...

Installing RMS SP2 on W2K domain controller & clients
Just wanted to know in advance if this is ok. The RMS SP2 directions are very general re: computers, so I assume it doesnt matter, but our server install of RMS is running on a W2Ksp4 DC, with SQL ServerSP2. Dont want to break anything, so any insights are appreciated. The desktops are either XPsp1A or W2K sp3 /sp4. XPsp2 still is causing others hedaches, and really dont want to deal with it right now, have not installed it yet. Thanks Also, our server install is in a data path E:\PROG FILES\MSFT RMS\ETC, not on the C: partition. Is this an issue? I have read the post below re: 10 st...

Outlook Mail Problem
Can anyone help me with an Outlook 97 problem I have been having? My wife gets lots of spam (from signing up for those FREE drawings, contests, etc and suddenly, though my Eudora still works fine with the same ISP settings on my email account, I can't get around the following error message when trying to help get her mail downloaded. I've gone onto our ISP website to see if there is something HUGE there and have found nothing. I'm inclined to think now that it may be a mailbox size or something like that but haven't been able to locate one in her Outlook. We have plenty of m...

Shortcuts to Outlook Items
I tried searching, but couldn't find the answer... Is there a way, configuration wise or third party program wise... to create a Desktop Shortcut to items in Outlook? lets say I have a folder in the Public Folders, and I want to create a shortcut to a item inside that folder? I am aware I can create a shortcut to the folder. Thanks in advance for any help provided. Shayne. See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/links.htm=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programm...

Outlook 2003 not default MAPI client
I can't get Outlook 2003 set as my default MAPI client. I have answered "yes" when Outlook asks me if I want it to be the default email program, and I have set Outlook as the email program in Internet Explorer (under Tools|Internet Options|Programs). But still, when I click on a link in a browser windows such as someone@microsoft.com, up pops Outlook Express asking if I want it to be the default program. How can I set things so that when I click an email link, I get Outlook 2003, not Outlook Express? Many thanks for your help! Check the file associations for URL:MailTo Proto...

Outlook 98
I am running Outlook 98 on a Windows NT 4.0 system (SP6a - Hi Enc). I am able to get into the 'Options' at the top of Outlook today and modify the data that Outlook Today displays. I am a Local and a Domain Administrator. However, my colleague (who has exactly the same permissions as me and using the same environment - same image) cannot. He clicks onto 'Options' and nothing happens. He cannot modify the way Outlook Today displays. I cannot find anything about this behaviour in the Microsoft Online support and I cannot determine where this option is enabled/disab...

4.0 Client Config error
The Client config returns an error with this in the server log; Exception information: Exception type: HttpParseException Exception message: Could not create type 'Microsoft.Crm.Sdk.Crm2007.CrmDiscoveryServiceAD'. Request information: Request URL: http://toshiba2002:5555/MSCRMServices/2007/AD/CrmDiscoveryService.asmx Request path: /MSCRMServices/2007/AD/CrmDiscoveryService.asmx The web client works OK, and I also get this same error when I try to connect the DMManager. The Server is SBE. Any ideas? -- Thanx Grizz Dear see this http://support.micros...

KB 311829 also in Outlook 2003, with a twist
Apologies if this is already known: there's nothing in the KB yet (maybe 311829 needs to be updated?). When using Outlook XP against our LDAP server, I used to have the LDAP lookup problem described in KB 311829, which was solved with a Service Pack and a registry key. Turns out that my new copy of Outlook 2003 has the same issue in slightly milder form: the LDAP lookup still times out with an error dialog after a minute or two, but it doesn't hang completely, and after you clear the error dialog you do get the search you requested. Inserting the same registry key, updated t...

Outlook Freeze when try to open message
Hi there, This problem just come up. Whenever I try to open a received message (or read message) Outlook freeze and I have to open task manager and end it. I have try to delete the registry key, resintall outlook. But no help. Please Help ... Thanks Kylie ...

Outlook Client: Syncronise other peoples calendars
Hi, Is it possible to let the Outlook client bring in other peoples appointments in CRM. We want all our sales team to see all appointments in Outlook, We this to happen by default rather than having to add attendees each time. -- Thanks in advance Chris ...