Clearification question - Service calendar and Outlook/Exchange Sy

Hi,

We have been trying to figure this out for some time now.
Occasionly when we schedule services out from the WEB client, the
appointment occurs in the users Outlook client/calendar.
But most of the time it doesn't.

And when it does it is always the same user, never anyone else. All of our
consultants have the same rights and roles.

I have been trying to figure this one out - but i can't...;

Does the Service Calendar sync with Exchange / Outlook or not?

If someone who knows this could clearify, i would really appreciate it.

Regards

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

From what I've seen...and we use this internally all the time...if I assign a
resource (and that resource has a CRM license) it shows up in their calendar
in Outlook.  I'm not totally sure what would be causing it not to sync up.

"KFjell" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We have been trying to figure this out for some time now.
> Occasionly when we schedule services out from the WEB client, the
> appointment occurs in the users Outlook client/calendar.
> But most of the time it doesn't.
>
> And when it does it is always the same user, never anyone else. All of our
> consultants have the same rights and roles.
>
> I have been trying to figure this one out - but i can't...;
>
> Does the Service Calendar sync with Exchange / Outlook or not?
>
> If someone who knows this could clearify, i would really appreciate it.
>
> Regards

Can I DCPROMO after installing Exchange 2003?
Hi all, I have a Windows 2003 Standard Edition Server installed as DC+DHCP+DNS, and another Windows 2003 Stand. Ed with Exchange 2003 Std. Edition joining as a member of the DC. I am planning to install an ISA Server, and put the Exchange behind the ISA Server. By doing this, the ISA Server documentation recommend me to install the Exchange with its own DC, DNS and DHCP. The question is: 1. can I dcpromo the Exchange Server to DC after the Exchange is installed? 2. What is the best recommendation for deploying Exchange Server on Win2k3 Std. Ed ? Some people said its better to have 2 Exchange S...

download a template excel Calendar into a work sheet?
I asked this question a few days ago and received an answer that I could insert a pop up calendar, this really isn't what I am looking for, I will rephrase and be as specific as possible as what I am asking I created a work book with numerous work sheets. One of those sheets is named "dates" I would like to down load and insert an Excel yearly template calendar from M/S site into that work sheet, and then I can glance at the days and enter info on those dates for 2010 year on those needed days instead of manually entering the needed dates in the cell row & co...

Outlook Delete folder problems
I can not permenately delete messages from Outlook 2000. I have run the Inbox Repair tool twice and it has found nothing. Where do I go from here? I also am unable to delete messages from my Inbox as well. Thanks, Kim Kim@traveldog.com ...

Outlook 2003 Cache Mode not working
Hello, I have a problem with one of my users using Exchange 2003 Cached mode. He can't see all the mail in his inbox, anything after last friday is not there. However if he uses OWA he can see all his email, if he uses Outlook 2003 not in cached mode he can see all his mail. I tried setting his account up on a different system and get exactly the same problem. We are running Exchange 2000 Ent. Hopefully domebody has seen thjis before and can offer a solution. Many thanks Nick In news:E62A0664-EF57-432B-9877-7E0007D8DE7B@microsoft.com, Nick Nack <NickNack@discussions.microso...

Backup question

Outlook 2000 SR 1
Hi Getting an error when sending mail locally and externally only Receiving mail is fine Error - The smtp server was not specified please try again Any ideas? Did you go into your POP/IMAP account(s) and retype the SMTP server name? "Jack" <jackmartintan@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message news:407146b6$0$4574$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au... > Hi > > Getting an error when sending mail locally and externally only > Receiving mail is fine > > Error - The smtp server was not specified please try again > > Any ideas? > > Yes have done that &q...

Delay delivery Exch 5.5 & Outlook XP
hello, i have a problem with delaying delivery in outlook xp ind combination with an exch 5.5. under options i can say "Delay delivery" if i set this option the mail is in the outbox, but stays there for ever nothing happens! it is not send at the specified time, even i leave outlook open. i read this has something to do with the cache mode! has an exchange 5.5 also a cache mode? and if yes, where can i change this? thanks fpr helping patrick P. Fischer wrote: > hello, > > i have a problem with delaying delivery in outlook xp ind combination > with an exch 5.5. u...

Time Zones & Outlook
When you change the Time Zone on your PC, All-Day events span two days. The MS workaround is to change the Start- End dates on each and every event/appointment. As this is not exactly the 'best' workaround, does anyone have a better one? Thanks!! Have you also seen the following MSKB article? http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;290835&Product=out -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:020e01c3b847$48642fa0$a401280a...

Outlook Send/receive asks for Smart card.
Using W7 with Office 2003. Send and receive worked great to get to ATT but then I set -up Remote Desktop Connection to get to my office TS Gateway with a smart card. Now every time I do Send and Receive on Outlook, a pop-up window tells me to insert smart card. How do I get it to stop? Even willing to stop using connection to office but I can't figure out how to remove the smart card configuration. ...

Outlook.pst Permissions
I have a WinXP workstation shared between two users, Administrator and Accounting. Both are members of the Administrators User Group. When a user logs on as Accounting he is unable to access the Outlokk .pst file because of a permissions violation. If the user logs on as Administrator, everything is wonderful. How can I make sure the post office file is accessible when the user logs on as accounting? Make sure that the PST file is located in a folder where both groups/users have full access to the file. (e.g. Check the NTFS permissions since this is where it sounds like it is getting h...

a question and a question

Moving Sent emails in Outlook 97
Hi I am having trouble moving emails from the Sent folder to other folders. When I move an email, the date and recipient details disappear. All I end up with is the Subject. Can anyone tell me a way to move emails from the Sent folder without losing the information? How are you trying to move them? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Rosemary asked: | Hi | | I am having tr...

Booking a resource
We are using Outlook 2003 with Exchange Server 2003. We have created a resource for a piece of equipment and I want to know if you can book the resource with the time showing as busy for the resource but my time as free? If so how do you do this? TIA Fuzzy Logic <bob@arc.ab.caREMOVETHIS> wrote: > We are using Outlook 2003 with Exchange Server 2003. We have created a > resource for a piece of equipment and I want to know if you can book > the resource with the time showing as busy for the resource but my > time as free? If so how do you do this? See if this helps: http:/...

exchange system manager.msc
I need to install the Exchange System Manager.msc on another DC in my AD environment. I am running clustered Exchange 2000 SP3 on Win2K SP4. I currently have the msc installed on both servers in the cluster, but am installing a Blackberry BES on another server to sync Blackberries with Exchange. One of the BES's software requirements is to have the msc installed on the local server. Can anyone point how install and register just the msc in the current Exchnage AD environment? Cheers just launch the Exchange server installation, and choose the Administrations tools only.. -- Regards, ...

IF AND question

IE8 privacy question

importing e-mail files from Outlook express
I just switched over from outlook express yesterday, and would now like to import my saved e-mail file folders to WLM. Will they show up in the WLM storage folders area? Will the file folder structure from OE be maintained ? And since OE did not differentiate between inbox and outbox, where will the go ? -- guenters Answered inline.. -- ...winston ms-mvp mail "guenters" <guenters@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E746AC3E-CD7B-48F9-B7CB-415F51E5907E@microsoft.com... > I just switched over from outlook express yesterday, and would now...

CRM 4.0 and Outlook 2007 clients synchronizing forever.
We have installed some Outlook 2007 CRM 4.0 clients and after installing the CRM client it seems that Outlook 2007 is synchronizing the folders forever. A total restart of Outlook 2007 on the client computer is the only way to get it up and running again. All servicepacks are installed on the client. Any solution to this problem ? Kay "Kay-Christian Wessel" <kayhanse@netcom.no> wrote in message news:ue46jXljIHA.1132@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > We have installed some Outlook 2007 CRM 4.0 clients and after installing > the CRM client it seems that Outlook 2007 is ...

Question about Paste Special

Microsoft Query question

Outlook 2003: Will Not Open
Out of no-where: Today Outlook decided to not open. Here is the error message: "Can not start microsoft outlook. Unable to open outlook window. The set of folders cold not be opened. The server is not available. Contact your administrator if this condition persists". There is no problem with the server, I checked. I have no "Administrator" My kid is only 11 so it will be another year or 2 before he earns that title. What now? Any suggestions would be appreciated. (For the rest of my life, anytime I encounter any problem with another person I am going to tell them to...

Question

Setting Outlook as default MAPI client with Notes Present
I have a client who uses Exchange with Outlook 2000 for external e-mail along with Lotus Notes 4.6 Notes is used for a number of databases and internal email The problem is that when they click on say a mail link on the web Notes is launched, and I would like to know who to change this so that Outlook is always launched What program is set as the default here: Control Panel > Internet applet > Programs tab > Mail "Stephen Kearon" <skearon@ole.ie> wrote in message news:091401c39e12$91faf990$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I have a client who uses Exchange with Outlook 2...

Help with resource calendars
Greetings, I am in need of some assistance regarding resource calendars and deleted users. I have some orphaned calendar belonging to deleted users. Is there a tool or process that I could use to automagicly delete or remove these entries? Thanks David not really...basically, everyone who was invited to those meetings will need to just delete them... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "David White" <dwhitetopgun@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eGSehcziHHA.4496@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Greetings, > > I am in need of some assistance regarding resource calendars and...