clean up database

We have finished customising the CRM system but have a lot of test
information in the databse - is it possible to remove the test data but keep
the customised fields, workflows etc... in place - start with a blank db but
with all out settings intact?

If anyone knows, we would appreciate it if you could share how with us.

Thanks,

John Finnigan
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

The only way to accomplish this would be to manually delete records
(unsupported) from the associated tables.

--

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

"JohnF" <JohnF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
We have finished customising the CRM system but have a lot of test
information in the databse - is it possible to remove the test data but keep
the customised fields, workflows etc... in place - start with a blank db but
with all out settings intact?

If anyone knows, we would appreciate it if you could share how with us.

Thanks,

John Finnigan

0
Matt

Clean-up in OnDestroy
Hi, In my dialog based MFC application I put all clean-up code into OnClose (). Recently I noticed that calling EndDialog () closes the application but without executing OnClose (). So I move my clean-up code into OnDestroy (). May this cause any validity problems? Thanks in advance What are you cleaning up? If the cleanup does not require access to the controls then you should put the cleanup code in the destructor. AliR. "K�r�at" <xx@yy.com> wrote in message news:OGiL391tIHA.4560@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > In my dialog based MFC application I p...

Microsoft Money 2006 Database SDK
Does anyone know of a MS Money DB SDK? I would like to export my Money information to a SQL database so I can create my charts and stuff from it. The SDK would just have to allow read-only access (provided with password) to the Money information. Thanks for any help! See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=10. With MoneyLink you can get some stuff out, but it leaves great holes. (Classification for one has no place in MoneyLink. The memo in a root transaction, for another, is not visible in MoneyLink.) With careful report creation/export and a lot of work importing the reported (and seri...

MFC and database
Hi All, I am writing a software application that executes 24/7. While running, there is a need to collect production data [realtime] in a database so that later it can be sent to a server [PC] and be graphed. The software on the PC expects the data to be in SQL. I am coding with eMbedded Visual C++ and using of course Win CE 3.0. What technologies do I need to use to accomplish this task ? OLEDB ? ... Do I need Windows CE SQL Server or something similar ? I also need to synchronize my data with the server (PC) that would be running Windows 2K... In summary, the questions are: 1) What sho...

Need help with database
I have an MS Access database with 6 tables. Each table has the same five fields (primary key, type, name, description, and code). I want to open the database and search all tables for a 'code' field where the name field matches a CString. The names are unique so there should only be one code entry returned. I have very little database programming experience. How do I read the record using CDatabase/CRecordset. Or is there an easier way? Thanks, Mark ...

clean a photo
where do I get the toolbar for help in cleaning up a photo. the tool bar was there now it is not. please I need help I wasn't aware that Visio allowed you to edit bitmapped images... but if you had originally pasted your image in from another program (as an OLE object), when you double-click on that object, the container application should boot up, and the toolbars on the screen would change as well. Perhaps that is what happened. What kind of features did the toolbar have? Did you create the image in another application? - Jeff Chapman "tupskeeke" <tupskeeke@discussions...

Office X 'clean' reinstall: delete all old files?
I'm about to try installing the latest bug-fix collection, sorry. "security update" for Office X, 10.1.6. I'm hoping it might reduce the frequency of Word's charming crashes. Who knows, I might get lucky and it'll even fix the completely messed up 'contact' feature in Word that is grayed out most of the time, but when it decides to work, will only list the 'A's' from my address book. Just useless. Anyway, back to the plot: since my Office X is so bent out of shape, I figure I'll do a 'clean install' from the original disk first, then...

Generate database?
Hi all, I have Visio 2003 Professional installed and I hasve created a database schema. How can I generate an Access database from it? -pnp purchase the vs.net product because you need the visio enterprise architect edition to forward engineer. al "pnp" <pnp.@.softlab.ntua.gr> wrote in message news:OnluFSp5EHA.3596@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hi all, > I have Visio 2003 Professional installed and I hasve created a database > schema. How can I generate an Access database from it? > > -pnp Al Edlund wrote: > purchase the vs.net product because you need ...

database report structure issues?
Hi, I have a exel table which calculates # codes that needs to b associated to graphics and text for a 20 to 30 page formated report. stored the graphics on a few sheets of a workbook and the text also o several sheets. I use VLOOKUP to pull the assoc. #s to graphics an text to the report templete pages I tryed to paste the text to a cell and then a grouped cell and when called this text to the report page most text was missing and som clipped off. I tryed to call the text to the report sheet in a text bo and a large group of cells with the same result. Is there a character limit in the ...

Using namespaces? I've some messy nested contexts that I want to clean up...
Hi, I've got the following code structure Class A { ... private: Class B { public: enum C { ENUM X } C MyVar; C MyFunc() } } So for function definitions in B I have to write A::B::C A::B::MyFunc() and for objects of B in A if(pb->MyVar==B::ENUM_X) It's all just a bit messy. Isn't it. Someone please help. Regards. ...

Part and Product Database Help
I need help designing a database for parts and products. I'll give you a brief description of the scenario: There are thousands of parts, and hundreds of products. I want a database that has the following: -a list of the parts - with description, product number, color, length, etc. -a list of the products with the associated parts included in the product -If I change a description of a part, I want it to change in the products and all related aspects I know I need a part table, but I don't know how to incorporate the products - because the parts can ...

Append new data from different database
Hi. I need to periodically append new data from another database (located in different country). Now I'm using ADO (with DSN) to download whole tables (INSERT INTO xxx SELECT ...). My question is: how to select only specific records on the remote side to avoid downloading big tables? My tables have complex, multi-field keys. So I was thinking: SELECT * FROM RemoteTable WHERE RemoteTable.A<>LocalTable.A AND RemoteTable.B<>LocalTable.B It won't work because my query is executed in ADODB connection (so on the other side). How can I automatically synchronize m...

Spreadsheet cleaning
I downloaded info from another program to a spreadsheet. I am trying to clean up the data so I can use it. Please let me know if there is a way to do the following preferably without VBA. Post either solution but I'm just not too comfortable with VBA yet. What I want to do is to seek out every cell with an "*" and have Excel delete the entire row. Doing a sort would not be an option because the order of the data is important for my needs. Thank -RA Add a new column (say column A) Put 1 in A1 and put 2 in A2 select A1:A2 and drag it down your data using the autofil...

VBScript String Clean function
This article provides a function written in VBScript which removes illegal characters from a string. The illegal characters are specified in an array at the beginning of the function. The function is passed the string which may contain illegal characters, which then processes the string to remove or replace any illegal characters. The code also allows you to specify the character or word which will replace specific illegal characters. The illegal characters provided in the function are included for processing strings which will become the filename of a document or list item in Sh...

Corrupt DHCP Database
I have a corrupt DHCP database. I want to delete the database and scopes and recreate them from scratch. Is there a best practice way to do this? Mike Windows Server 2003 Std SP2 "Mike" wrote: > I have a corrupt DHCP database. > I want to delete the database and scopes and recreate them from scratch. > Is there a best practice way to do this? > > Mike 1. Stop DHCP Server Service 2. Go to \Windows\System32\DHCP Delete all the files 3. Start DHCP Server Service "Mike" <Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ne...

Database Utility not seeing Identity

Deserialization from database
We are serializing custom business objects using XML serialization, shredding them in a stored procedure in SQL 2005 in order to get the values into all of the tables in one call. The problem comes when the data comes back out. We are using FOR XML to get XML back out of the database using ExecuteReader (.Net 2.0). Everything works fine until the business object that we are thrying to deserialize creates a document larger than 2K. At this point, the data is truncated and the deserialization fails. I am assuming (but would like clarification) that, by default, UTF-8 is used by the r...

Opening a database at last used or visited record
Please advise how this might be done if it is possible. Thanks Roy. On Fri, 25 Dec 2009 13:21:43 +1300, "royfarnol" <royfarnol@kol.co.nz> wrote: >Please advise how this might be done if it is possible. > >Thanks Roy. You'll need to provide a lot more information than that! A database can contain hundreds of tables; do you want it to open every table at the "last used"? What constitutes "used" - last entered, last edited, last viewed onscreen? What are you actually trying to accomplish with this? -- John W. Vinso...

Clean Cannot run my application outside VS without previously doing a "clean" before rebuild
Hi, Many of my applications who use dll ProjectReference stop working since this week for unknown reasons. I suspect that I ran a downloaded openSource project who change something in the registry about dll reference/ version The problem : The application stop because of "object not reference to an instance of the object...blablabla" and the form cannot even be displayed - The problem occur ***ONLY*** when running my application outside VS (not in vs.. with start debugging) - Doing a "Clean" of the project before doing rebuild project solve the problem u...

access database 03-08-10
I am trying to come upwith a way to track equment work and the parts I use in them . I nees to be able to track the hours from last rebulid and the time and parts for each job. Can any one help me with this. That's a fairly generic, wide-open request. Folks here can provide assistance with more specific requests, but I'm not sure you'll find many folks willing to provide their volunteer time to build a system. Have you tried searching on-line for templates that might come close to what you want to do? Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Access MVP -- Discla...

public database wont remount after restore
I have restored our server at work, all went well but the exchange server. After I restore the data to the public database file, it will not remount. I have not yet done the private folder as I don't want to get both stuck unmounted. Any Ideas?? Hi, "Slim" <i@i.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:O9yPRNI$EHA.1400@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... >I have restored our server at work, all went well but the exchange server. > After I restore the data to the public database file, it will not remount. > > I have not yet done the private folder as I don't want to get bo...

Cleaning up Distribution Lists in Exchange 5.5
Does anyone know of a utility I can use to clean up Distribution Lists in Exchange 5.5? When mailboxes are deleted, the entries are removed from the DL's but Exchange still thinks they are there and when someone sends to the DL, they get a NDR. I remember reading a post about this but I can't find it. Hope someone can help. I'd try restarting service first. Then check each server in the site to see if it has the changes. -- Hope that helps, Dan Townsend This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send email to this addre...

Extract Database
I used Crystal Report to extract databases. Which let us use simple criteria to filter the results. Could use Excel which is linked to database to extract only the data I want? For example in the following format: Criteria Qty Customer A Product A 1 Customer A Product B 3 Customer C Product A 23 Customer C Product B 2 I hope the criteria could be set, but the quantity will be refresh from the database every month. I appreciate your help. It is very simple using Excel. Under menu "Data", s...

Restoring GP Databases on New System
Dear All, I don't have the Great Plains CDs and cannot seem to find information about GP databases, etc. What is the dynamics database? I think it's the great plains system's databases. We're currently running this along with SQL server 2000 & obtaining information for documentation purposes. I will be upgrading (not an in-place migration) of Windows 2000 server to Windows Server 2003 where the Great Plains database sits. My plan is to use the SQL backup-to-files to restore all SQL databases including the GP dynamics and the other GP databases. Is this the right way to ...

Database design for sales quotes
I am putting together a database used for providing our customers with sales quotes. In starting to think it through to get the best results, I am trying to decide the best way to set up "multiple prices based upon quantity". The issue becomes tricky because we do not have a "standard" price break or "quantity". Some customers will ask for 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 quantity price breaks, others will be 5,10,15, 20 and so on. Also, it is not customer specific. The same customer might request quantity pricing of 100 or 200 pcs. I would like the item "part numb...

Cleaning up bloated contacts...
How do I clean up bloated contacts? Years of syncing with palm and other software has caused lots of excess fields in the contacts, and adding significantly to their size. Is there any software that can automatically delete these unnecessary, excess fields? tRL Display your contacts by phone list and remove the columns you don't need by clicking on them and moving them off the column bar. You can also export to Excel and remove the columns from there as well - it gives you the full view without as much left->right scrolling. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all repl...