Clarification on Email templates

I just wanted to get clarification on the use of email templates. Can
templates only be used when sending email to external users?  Can they be
used to help with internal process/workflow.

For example, if I take a simple workflow scenario like when a new Sales
Order is created, use "X" template to send an internal email to accounting to
notify them.  I can only seem to get this to work only if there is an email
address on the customer account record then CC: an internal user account.  Am
I missing something?

Thanks for the help!

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Outlook sends email to isp but no longer receives email.
Outlook 2000 SP3 has been working just fine on a WinXP SP2 system. Now it sends ok, but times out when trying to receive. All the settings are the same as they have been. Outlook 2000 email works fine with an older Win98 system using the same settings, so its not the server. The symptoms are strange. If there are no messages in the mailbox, the delivering window flashes on and off like it should. However, if there are messages delivering comes on and Trend PCcillin Internet Security comes on and says it is scanning incoming mail, but an Outlook error message comes up saying that some mes...

Where are my templates saved?
Can I share them with other users? Did you look under: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Templates\1033\ONENOTE\[VERSION]\Stationery -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.html Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007: http://tinyurl.com/ol4law-amazon "Phil L." <PhilL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:18F26F9A-139E-45AE-AF7B-4F758DFD4BA2@microsoft.com... > Can I share them with other users? ...

unable to send emails
Hi All, I live in Poland & my laptop crashed a couple of days ago & all was sorted out untill i tried to send emails[i can receive emails] however if i try to send them via Windows Mail i get this error message..... Header download for the '[Gmail]' folder did not complete. Could not select '[Gmail]' on the IMAP server. You might try refreshing your folder list to synchronize with the IMAP server. Account: 'imap.gmail.com', Server: 'imap.gmail.com', Protocol: IMAP, Server Response: 'Unknown Mailbox: [Gmail] (Failure)', Port: 993, S...

Email Rules: How to do starts with?
Hi. Is there a way that I can makes an exception of the form "starts with" or "ends with" in Outlook rules. For instance, I want to filter mail to a particular folder unless the subject line starts with a particular string (such as RE or FW). Is there a way to make it evaluate general regular expressions during the rule application (god that would be nice--not that I should expect anything so useful from MS)? Outlook does not support regular expressions. Exceptions are supported. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook &am...

HELP: Email body transcript deleted when receiving response emails
Hi All, I am sending emails in outlook through excel with voting buttons. But once I receive the email and I vote using voting buttons in outlook, Email body history gets deleted when the voting response email is received. Is there any outlook property that I can use to keep the email body transcript from getting deleted when the voting responses are received? Thanks in advance. ...

Bogus Microsoft Emails
I've been receiving bogus Microsoft Security Patches in emails for over a month. I set up rules and most are now sent to the delete folder. However, I was on vacation for two weeks and maxed out my storage by receiving over 1,000 of these phony emails. I don't want to change my email address which is a question I posted earlier. Is there any other way to resolve this problem? Thanks! Connie your first mistake was posting on the microsoft newsgroups. After posting on a microsoft newsgroups with my hotmail address for the first time, my hotmail account is now filling up with bogu...

Outlook mail box keeps filling and filling multi of same email
I use msn live mail and msn mail, so I set up out look so that when Im working on some thing and I wan email I can do it from my doc. but it keeps refilling. -- April April What version of Outlook. Are you scanning your emails. Is it a Imap or a Pop account. Post back with info -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "April" <April@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9B572189-1E0B-4873-A888-C985F1D228CF@microsoft.com... >I use msn live mail ...

email
Does anyone know how to "hide" an email address in all address directories with Exchange 2000? on the Exchange Advanced tab of the user, select "Hide from Exchange address lists"... "soneill" <soneill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1AFEEB01-F05F-4E07-84C7-2A28782D8F14@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know how to "hide" an email address in all address directories > with Exchange 2000? With older versions of Exchange there isn't an advanced tab. Is there a way to work around that? "Susan" wrote: > on t...

secure email from CRM (not encrypted)
I'm working for a financial customer who wants to use some kind of secure emailing if possible. When they send emails to customers AND non-customers, they want to use some kind of signature/certificate, so the receiver knows that the sender is correct. The solution with encryption and public/private keys are not the one because my customers clients do not have any keys. Is there some other solution to tighten the security (not 100% but at least more than normal) so the emails send from CRM has some kind of signature? Any ideas thank you? Thomas Hi Thomas, Are you currently send out ema...

defer email delivery programmatically
Hi there I'm using CDO to create and send emails programmatically. I'm also using Redemption objects to bypass Outlook's built-in security around sending emails in this way. However Redemption's SafeMailItem doesn't seem to possess a DeferredDeliveryTime property. Does anyone know a workaround? Any ideas greatly appreciated Best regards Loane I have used Outlook rules to defer mail delivery in Outlook, not sure if they will work with youe E-mail creation method, but it might be worth a go. Check the Outlook pages on my website for a tutorial on how I did this. ...

Playing a sound on certain emails
I have Outlook on my PC that has a Local Mailbox and a Public Mailbox. I can get it to play sounds when files come into my local mailbox. But how do I get it to run rules and play sounds when they go into the Public Mailbox? Hope this makes sense. Jon ...

How do I cut and paste a column of email addresses into an email distribution list?
I wish to list email addresses in a column in excel then cut and paste to create a distribution list in my email software. Can this easily be done? Thanks Col Hi see as starting point: http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Colin" <colincurious@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:bbb06f96.0410061103.f2cf8f8@posting.google.com... > I wish to list email addresses in a column in excel then cut and paste > to create a distribution list in my email software. Can this easily be done? > > Thanks > Col hi, see this s...

Templates #19
Can anyone tell me where to find a warehousing template for excel, if there is one. ...

Can't send email #6
This started happening about two weeks again I get the folowing massage everytme I try to send email The following recipient(s) could not be reached: '____@______' on 12/11/2003 5:27 PM 550 not local host ________, not a gateway My outgiving authenication is checked, I have turned my virus scan off for out going mail. I can delete my account and reenter the information and it will work fine but once I close my outlook and then open it again the same thing happens. Any suggestion I am at my wits end What version of Outlook do you have? What sort of outgoing auth...

View email
Exch 03 on a 03 srv all service pack and updates applied. I have a need to view an email that a employee has sent out. The employee does not need to know. I can find the message in "message tracking center". How can I view the text of the message? Thanks for your help. message tracking will show you only the subject line (and only if you have that configured)...if you need to see the email, you'll need to grant yourself access to the mailbox and logon to that mailbox to view it... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "dutch" <dutch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in...

Changing default email client
How do I change my default email client from Outlook to something else like Outlook Express? milwroad <milwroad@sbcglobal.net> wrote: > How do I change my default email client from Outlook to something > else like Outlook Express? Start IE, then click Tools>Internet Options>Programs and adjust the E-mail drop-down. -- Brian Tillman ...

How do I track people who did not respond to my email?
Hi all, I've sent hundreds of emails to people. Now I'm looking for a way to track the people that did not respond. I've tried the advanced search/mail fields/tracking status, where you can select "not equal to" replied, but that does not work: it doesn't select any message at all (which is wrong, I know for sure). Does anybody have any idea? Thanks a lot, Regards, Jos I just saw a new tool for this today at http://www.sperrysoftware.com. = It sets up a task for each recipient with whatever reminder you want and = automatically deletes the task when each person...

Credit Card payment vs. Transfer, looking for more clarification
Money Premium 2006 I've read through the archives about CC payments v. transfers, but could use some further clarification. I understand the concept of transferring money from the "left pocket to the right pocket", which makes sense. My question is about setting up my recurring Bills/Transfers for credit cards... Over the past few days I've set up my checking and CC accounts w/ a couple of years of historical data. When I recorded payments from my checking account to my CC account, I used the category: Credit Card Payment : <Card Name>. I then took the last ...

Moving Email Account to another user
I have Office XP, with windows 2000 network. Outlook is erroring out when a user tries to open their profile. If I create my profile on that machine, Outlook works fine. If I go to View Other User' Folde and open that user's inbox, I can see the inbox just fine. It seems that if I try to create a new Outlook profile for that user, Outlook errors out when trying to open it. But for everyone else, it works. What can I do? Is it possible to delete just the email account and recreate the email account, without deleting the user account? ...

Email Address
Dear Daniel and Magdaline, This is my new email address. You may send your message to me in future. Regards, Yen yiyi ...

template location
What is the default location of the templates for Publisher XP? A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from JG <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>!"... > What is the default location of the templates for > Publisher XP? On a normal non-workgroup install of Windows XP, it is: c:\Documents and Settings\<Your Username>\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates On a normal install of Windows 9x, it is c:\windows\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates There is no such thing as Publisher XP. The release of Publisher that was part of the Microsoft Of...

Clarification
I played around a little bit more, turns out the ONLY view that gives me the correct cost basis is the display by account name option. Any of the other grouping methods give a blank cost basis for this one fund - thereby yielding an incorrect inflated gain (since this fund apparently didn't cost me anything). Too bad the world doesn't work that way - one click to change an option and tada, you gain a couple thousand dollars! If anyone can show me how to fix this, I would be very grateful. In microsoft.public.money, Christine wrote: >I played around a little bit more, turns ou...

word unavailable for email reply-error message
windows xp professional and office 2003 professional I get this error message when I reply: Microsoft Word is set to be your e-mail editor. However, Word is unavailable, not installed, or is not the same version as Outlook. The Outlook e-mail editor will be used instead I have restarted, repaired, and reinstalled. Also, the box is checked in tools/options. The only thing left is uninstall, is this going to be necessary? Thanks in advance if anyone can answer this. I went ahead and did an uninstall and reinstall and that fixed it. It was painless; all my personal info was there a...

Using Issues template
I want to use the Issues template off MS website. When I print the Issues Detail report, only the last comment prints on the report, how can I make the report print all comments, not just the last set of comments to be entered? I have set that section to Can Grow in properties, what else needs doing. Using Access 2007 Thanks Not sure what is wrong...I just downloaded this template sample (Issues.accdb), and entered a record with three comments. These comments printed just fine in the Issue Details report. Are your comments especially verbose (large number of charac...

Wrong Name in the sent eMails when using the bulk eMail function in CRM 3.0
Hello everybody! I have got a very strange problem here that I can't really understand nor solve at the moment: we have got about 40 CRM users altogether, each and every one activated through the management tool of CRM 3.0. All of them except ONE user can send bulk eMails without problems whatsoever - mails sent by the remaining user have a wrong name displayed in the "sent by" field of the eMail. Except for her name, we see the following: =?utf-8?B?V8O8c3RlbmJlcmcsIEFuZ2VsYQA=ess?= <mailbox@domain.tld> I can't locate any differences between the user accounts and al...