Checking Activity Status within Rule

Hello,

Within a rule, how do we determine the value of an Activity's status in a
Check Condition (if statement), not in a Wait Condition?

For example, we'd like to do something like:

If Activity.status=completed then
     do this...
else
     do that...

At the moment, we can't figure out how to check the Activity's status
because it seems that an Activity is not considered an Object, so we are
limited to Waiting until our Activity (Task) is Completed and then kicking
off the next Activity (Task), without checking the Activity status.  We
assume that if the Task is Canceled instead of Completed, that the Wait
loop will never finish and the next Activity will never be kicked off.

But there should be a better way to do this!

So right now, because we can't figure out how to check the Activity
status, we have:

Task: X
Wait
          Task: X is completed
End Wait
Task: Y

But what we'd really like to do is:

Task X
Wait
          Task: X is completed
End Wait
If Task X. status = Completed then
      Task Y

Thanks for any light you can shed on this!

-Sarah

0
Sarah2005
9/16/2005 9:12:04 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

sec master hard disk s.m.a.r.t. status bad fix
Hi. Not Show Drive HDD 1 Tr. Why Error: sec master hard disk s.m.a.r.t. status bad fix. Plz Help For Fixed. -- AhrimanSefid AhrimanSefid wrote: > Hi. > Not Show Drive HDD 1 Tr. > Why Error: > sec master hard disk s.m.a.r.t. status bad fix. > Plz Help For Fixed. > > Replace the hard drive; it has failed. -- Bruce Chambers Help us help you: http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/555375 They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve ne...

merge MSN Bill Pay & Checking Acct

Authorizing checks with RMS

Change default view of Activies to Service Activities.
When clicking on any "Activities" tab, CRM shows list of activities of the object, and it's the view: "Open Activity Associated View". Can we customize so that the view "Open Service Activity Associated" will be shown instead? Only show the Service Activities. Hi, Here is something for your interest. Thanks to Michael. http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/topic.aspx?id=JS11 -- PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post is helpful or not for our feedback. uMar Khan :: CRM Freelance Consultant Email :: imumar at gmail dot com Blog :: http://umarkhan.word...

How do I create Check list

Active / Dynamic Filtered List (changes w/ change in cell value)
I'd like to be able to have a filtered list change AUTOMATICALLY based on a criteria value (entered in a cell outside the filtered data range). What is the simplest way to do this? Autofilter is close, but it will not update the results dynamically. You can use programming to update the filter if a cell on the worksheet is changed. There are examples here: http://www.contextures.com/excelfiles.html Under Filters, look for 'Product List by Week Number' and 'Filter Rows for Text String' trippknightly@hotmail.com wrote: > I'd like to be able to have a filt...

How to display Campaign activities in my Workplace
I want to make campaign activities button visible in my Workplace and Sales and marketing areas. However i cannot adjust that setting for the Campaign activities etnity. None of the 'areas to show this entity' are marked, and all are greyed out, so I can't enable any of them. Can this be adjusted? How? Have you looked into configuring the Sitemap? The sitemap allows you to change the whole navigation structure and control what appears where. Have a look at the CRM SDK for more information. -- ----------------- Please note that the contents of my posts are my personal opi...

Printing Checks

Employee Check Format-Graphical

Check Names = "Exchange Server computer is busy..."
Here's what I got: Active Directory on Server 2003 1 Domain Controller also running DNS and WINS No other DNS or WINS servers (I know, I know) Static IP Addresses...NO DHCP Exchange Server 2003 on a member server Client running W2K SP4 Outlook 2000 SP3 Exchange has 4 mailboxes set, but nobody is using it. I'm still testing things out. When I try to connect to Exchange via my Outlook 2000, I get the following message: "The function cannot be performed because the Microsoft Exchange Server computer is busy. Try again later" I've tried it from 3 different client comp...

Printing MICR checks
Hello, We are having an issue printing checks on the Select Payables Checks window. When we try to print the checks we receive the error message below: "Warning: You have MICR but are not in a MICR screen. To use MICR, abort this screen and set up security access." The user has access to this screen but I'm not sure what this error message means. There was nothing related to this in the Knowledge Base either. Has anyone else received this error message before and if so how did/do you resolve it? Thanks! The user has the third party mekorma check writing module ...

How to add a new Contract State / Status
Hi Is it possible to add a new "State" or "Status" for the "Contract"? I would like to add a new "State" or "Status" called "Changed" to the available status codes. TIA walterd Hi Walterd, It is possible to include a new status using the statuscode attribute. However, I'm not sure if there is a way to allow the user to select what state the contract should be in. HTH, Niths "walterd" wrote: > Hi > > Is it possible to add a new "State" or "Status" for the "Contract"? &g...

active directory 09-12-07
Hi, at the time of the installation of MS CRM 3.0 by using an existing data base an error message is posted: " one or more groups Microsoft CRM do not exist " knowing that I am using another active directory Thanck You. you cannot restore your CRM databases into a different Active Directory and then just re-install CRM. If you want to move your CRM to a new Domain, you need to use the CRM Redeployment Tool to do this. On your CRM Server CD, there is a folder called Redeployment. Read the documentation found in that folder. Dave Ireland "ahmed" <ahmed@discuss...

Portfolio status bar and totals problem
I updated a number of items in my portfolio the other day... Money 2007 failed to pick up that there were a number of purchases when downloading data from my financial institute, so I had to manually change "added shares" to "buys". and set the price, and account it was funded from. Since then the status bar no longer shows values for Market Value, YTD Total Return or Total Change. The sum of accounts just above the status bar is also in nearly zero. Total Mkt value shows $0.18 and should be many orders of magnitude higher. I tried to repair the file......

Check off boxes
Publisher 2003 in use. I am creating a questionnaire that will be included in a newsletter. I am using the publisher software to make this form. Somewhere, in the past, I saw a keyboard shortcut to inset checkoff boxes, however, I cannot remember the key strokes. Any help along this line will be greatly appreciated. Thank you and enjoy your day. Mike Mike Reshetar wrote: > Somewhere, in the past, I saw a keyboard shortcut to inset checkoff boxes, > however, I cannot remember the key strokes. Use Wingdings and the � or q characters. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher h...

check check check
afpoiadshfpaosid It is a feature, not a bug -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

dialog within a dialog, child is not derived, how ?
I'd like to know how to embed a child dialog (&propertypage) within a parent dialog (&propertypage) without having to derive a class for the child dialog (&propertypage). Can someone show me how I can re-direct control messages back down to the parent dialog (&propertypage)? Regards, Scott. wink.dinkerson@gmail.com wrote: > I'd like to know how to embed a child dialog (&propertypage) within a > parent dialog (&propertypage) without having to derive a class for the > child dialog (&propertypage). > > Can someone show me how I can re-dire...

How to display a form- to show status of the running program
I want to display a form(excel) while running a program through a macro. The form shows the program running status like"calculation in progress....." while the macro is running the program in the excel (Just an identification for the user that the program is running safely). How to call and display the form (with labels showing status) in the module of the macro. Regards, Joseph J Take a look at John Walkenbach's site http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/tip�s/tip34.htm -- HTH Bob Phillips "Joseph" <Joseph@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F996D56C...

spam properties check
When I receive a suspecious email (spam), I right click, without opening the message, to check the properties to make sure it is spam before I forward to the "missed spam" software of my ISP. Some spam emails then ask me if "I want to save the changes" before I close the properties box. I am then not able to forward this email without replying yes to "save the changes?" I did not make any changes, I just checked the properties. Why is this happening? ...

tristate check box #2
I have a tristate check box.The default behavour of tristate check box in windows is that, the grayed check box will become unchecked after click on grayed check box. But i want , the grayed check box will become checked after click on grayed check box in VC++ .Pls help me its urgent. Well, for Win32, you can always SendMessage the button a BM_GETSTATE. I'm sure with MFC there's a function that will permit this; it could be as simple as button_name.GetState(). Well, for the event OnClick for that button, you can get the state of the button and then either run it through some if-...

Error when creating an activity
Hi I am getting this error when anyone attempts to create a new activity: String value contained unsafe data for 'pName' parameter in Request.QueryString. Can someone please tell me how to resolve? Thanks That doesn't sound like a CRM error to me, rather an anti spyware/firewall/security software error What form does the error take ? Is it: A standard CRM error (dialog box with title Microsoft CRM) An ASP .Net error error message (white page, line of red text part way down) An IE error (similar to going to a page that doesn''t exist) Message in the eventlog Somethi...

Rules Wizard not filtering messages w/out my name in "to" box
I have a rule set up to permanently delete messages that arrive without my name in the "to" box. It is still putting them in my "in" box as if the rule is not even set. I made sure the box was checked to activate the rule so that's not the problem. I get these spam messages daily and I would prefer not to even see them at all. Any suggestions? Thank you ...