CHECK BOX CONTROL USING EXCEL 2000

I am working on a worksheet that has over 2300 rows.  I
would like to have one field on each row to contain a true
or false value.  I'd like to have a check box being
referenced to each cell.  I'd like to be able to copy the
control and have it maintain a relative cell value in the
link cell property.  Right now when I copy the control to
the other 2,300 rows, the link cell is a4 and every
control uses the same value at a4.  Cell a4 is the only
cell that changes values when any check box is clicked.

How do I conect the check box control to a
specific/different cell without manually doing all 2,300
controls?
0
LYNN
9/29/2003 10:42:44 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

merge MSN Bill Pay & Checking Acct

How print '(continued)' where control spans >1 page
I have some report controls that print memo fields. I'd like to print '(continued)' on subsequent pages. How is this done? Thanks. On Mon, 14 Jan 2008 16:08:00 -0800, mscertified wrote: > I have some report controls that print memo fields. I'd like to print > '(continued)' on subsequent pages. How is this done? > > Thanks. See if this KnowledgeBase article helps you. 141622 "HOWTO: ACC: Explanation of WillContinue Property" I believe there is a newer version, but off hand I haven't found it. This one is for A97 but it should work in a...

i deleted info in excel then saved. can i recover deleted info?
I have microsoft office 2003, and was using excel. i deleted some columns to copy on to another worksheet. i then closed all the worksheets and agreed to save changes....by mistake. is there any way of recovering that data that i deleted? heres hoping! Open your backup copy. If you haven't got one, make sure that you select that option (always create backup copy) next time you save. -- David Biddulph "jbhtbruce" <jbhtbruce@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5918E813-325E-4A39-AC95-6A74E8B5CDE6@microsoft.com... > I have microsoft offi...

How do I create Check list

Sorting Items in a Combo Box...
I have a Combo Box that is sub-classed. I want the items in the list to be sorted by the lParam of the item and then alphabetically (upper and lower case separately). The dialog control being sub-classed has the Sort property set to true, but it isn't sorting them, or if it is, it is doing so in reverse of what I want. For example, the list contains "r, D, .s, .., and ." which is the order is displays them in from top to bottom, but I want the reverse ("., .., .s, D, r"). I tried setting up the CompareItem(), but it doesn't seem to be called. FWIW: - The Co...

Control printing according to list box options
I have two list box's that control the report that is going to print. Text20 is the list box that displays the shed number, and the drop down list varies depending on what sheds are in the table. if a shed number is added or deleted, it is also added or deleted in the list drop down box.The row source is: SELECT DISTINCT [98MatingRecords].[SHED #] FROM 98MatingRecords ORDER BY [98MatingRecords].[SHED #]; The second is Text22, this list box has the sections in it and the sections are controled by the shed number, some sheds have 1 section some have 6 and some have 3 or 4, so the dro...

Excel won't load
Excel begins to load(I see my name below logo), but then closes with 'Microsoft Excel has encountered a problem and needs to close'. I can, however, open Excel only in Safe Mode but only in the Administrator log-in, not my own user acct. I am not part of network. Other Office XP programs ok. Files are there as I can copy them and open on another computer. I have run several virus/adware scans, tried clean boot(not sure if successful), have deleted all .xlb files, I had no add-ins checked. There are no files in any of my 3 XL Start folders. I have donwloaded latest Installer 3.0...

Authorizing checks with RMS

Easiest way to create forms with Excel?
Hi all - apologies if this is a FAQ question, was unable to find good answers there. My organization often needs to distribute various 'forms' designed in Excel. People will fill them in, (often print a copy and) send the filled-in sheets back to us. There are a lot of problems with this: people will modify stuff where they're not supposed to, will leave 'mandatory' options blank, and the process of copying/pasting data for further processing once we get the filled in sheet is laborious. For various reasons we need to stay with Excel (i.e. Access, or redoing everything a...

Outlook (and Excel) stops working after MSXML installation
I installed MSXML 4.0 as per the "critical updates" message on my W98 today. After re-boot, when I try to open Outlook I get message "Unable to open your defauilt mail folder - the information store could not be opened" and then "Would you like to open your default file system folder instead?" - this is no good and I can't find anything. I can't open Excel either, I get messages about Visual Basic and when I close it, I get message "This process will stop the debugger". I now have a shortcut on my desktop "Microsoft MXL 4.0 parser&...

Using an html signature
My partner has started a new job and has been emailed an html file of the email signature she should use. Consulting emails from other employees of the company, I see that this consists of a logo and personal information at the TOP of the email, with a standard disclaimer appearing BELOW the body text. I've opened the html file in Explorer, copied the contents and pasted them into a new signature, but this places the signature below the insertion point. I can reposition the insertion point between the signature block and disclaimer, but this is fiddly and means for each new e...

Excel; tabbing through protected worksheet
I have a protected worksheet with several sections of merged cells. When selecting cells prior to protecting I select in the order I want the user to tab. When leaving the first merged cell by tabbing, and the user is moved to the next cell tabbing from that cell bring you back to the previous merged cell. I am thinking that Excel thinks it needs to go to next row of the merged cell. Can I get over this hurddle and convince Excel to continue moving forward? Easy workaround. Remove the merged cells which cause no end of problems and limit functionality...............one ...

excel 97 problems
Each time i try to save my changes i get a message stating there has encountered a problem and needs to shut down. My pc is on a local network, where I am primary. The other machine can save without a problem and those changes do appear on my machine but I am unable to save Clean out your temp files, clean out your Temp Internet Files (include offline content) "Ken" <cls@peoplepc.com> wrote in message news:001801c381e4$d0ed8720$a301280a@phx.gbl... : Each time i try to save my changes i get a message stating : there has encountered a problem and needs to shut down. My : p...

No Programs are showing up in the ADD/Remove program Box
XP Home to XP Pro Upgrade - clean install. Interestingly enough System Retore is disabled/stopped and I can not restore the service. Tried Regedit and looked for prog names >63 char, but none found under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall. Any suggestions.... "Matthew" <Matthew@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:494DD812-4BDD-473D-9936-5FBE50DE2F4D@microsoft.com... > XP Home to XP Pro Upgrade - clean install. > Interestingly enough System Retore is disabled/stopped and I can not > restore >...

Linking workbooks in Excel
I'm trying to link two workbooks. The information I enter in the first workbook is the master copy and I would like this same information to be updated in the second workbook. I use the second workbook as the updated status which I send to clients. I usually create two workbooks and then enter the information twice, once in the master workbook and again in the client's copy - tedious and incorrect, I'm sure. Thank you for your help. Just some thoughts .. if the 2 books were identical (probably not?), just send over a copy* of your master would satisfy ? *say, a frozen copy ...

Printing Checks

Can I create custom forms to add data to a Excel Spreadsheet? How.
see this site http://www.contextures.com/excelfiles.html#UserForm it has a sample WB that you download. good online instructions. >-----Original Message----- > >. > ...

why can't i type in plain text control boxes?
I am building a template in Word 2007. In the content controls I have the option of using rich text or plain text. When I choose the plain text and protect the document to filling in forms I can not type in the content control box. Yet when I use Rich text I can't tab over to the next content control box as it tabs within the control box. All I want to be able to do is type in the control box and be able to tab to the next. Did you by any chance set the text controls so they cannot be edited? Undo that and you should be able to tab from text control to text control with ...

Employee Check Format-Graphical

Conditional formatting in Excel 2007
i have a worksheet with a list of prospects. I want the row to be conditionally formatted when a change one cell to "quote". i can get that particular cell to change, but i want it for the whole row! Can anyone help? -- Brad Let's assume you want to highlight the range A1:E1 if E1 = quote. Select the range A1:E1 Goto Home tab>Styles>Conditional Formatting>New Rule>Use a formula to determine....... Enter this formula: =$E1="quote" Click the Format button Select the desired style(s) OK out -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "SalesBK" <Sale...

554 error client host rejected wrong mail relay using Exchange 2003 /w SP2
I seem to be getting this error on a few domains that I'm sending mail to. We are using Windows 2003 /w Exchange 2003 SP2. Any idea's? Is this caused by a external DNS issue on the A or PTR record? Or... In external DNS we have our email server setup as mail2.abc.com but within Exchange we have our email server setup as mail1.abc.com would this be causing the issue? The following recipient(s) could not be reached: john@abc.com on 21/04/2006 9:54 AM There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server. Please contact your system ad...

Envelope Address Font using Microsoft Offic Word 2003
Using the Tools Envelopes Label menu, I highlight the address of a letter and choose Size 10 envelope. On preview screen everything looks great, when I print out the address is in a huge font. I checked all the defaults and it is set to a 10 font. The return address prints fine. Any ideas Thank ...