Changing Requirement Levels when a Regarding entity is selected - 177677

Hi there,

I was wondering if it is possible to change a field from a business
recommended to a Business Required mode when a custom entity is selected on
the Regarding lookup field.

Lebo
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hello,

A lot is possible with the OnChange event of fields. However dynamically
setting the required level is not possible, because the RequiredLevel is a
readonly field.

I suggest putting some JavaScript code in the OnSave event of the activity
form. It does not set the field to Business Required. However you will be
able to perform additional checks on fields. And it is fully supported.

For more information refer to the Microsoft CRM SDK, available from
download.microsoft.com.

I did not test this code, it is mainly an example to point you into the
direction.

Best regards,
Merijn van Mourik
http://crmerijn.blogspot.com

//the field you want to check, eg. actualdurationminutes
var oField = crmForm.all.SOME_FIELD_ID;
//the name of the customtype in lowercase
var strTypeName = "MyCustomEntityTypeName";

var lookupItem = new Array;
lookupItem = crmForm.all.regardingobjectid.DataValue;
if (lookupItem[0] != null)
{
   // The entity type name.
   alert(lookupItem[0].typename);

   if (lookupItem[0].typename == strTypeName)
   {
      alert("Found " + strTypeName);

      if(oField.DataValue == "")
      {
         // Tell the user what is wrong.
	 alert("Please provide a value for....");

         // Give the control focus.
         oField.SetFocus();

         // Cancel the save operation.
         event.returnValue = false;
         return false;
      }

   }
}

This should work for you:

No constraint
---------------------
crmForm.all.fieldName.req = 0;
crmForm.all.fieldName.className = '';

Business Required
---------------------
crmForm.all.fieldName.req = 2;
crmForm.all.fieldName.className = 'req';

--
Website - http://www.advantageworks.com
Blog - http://blog.advantageworks.com

"Merijn van Mourik" <MerijnvanMourik@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:7504D69C-E5E8-4E88-BFB6-524A3C21066E@microsoft.com...
> Hello,
>
> A lot is possible with the OnChange event of fields. However dynamically
> setting the required level is not possible, because the RequiredLevel is a
> readonly field.
>
> I suggest putting some JavaScript code in the OnSave event of the activity
> form. It does not set the field to Business Required. However you will be
> able to perform additional checks on fields. And it is fully supported.
>
> For more information refer to the Microsoft CRM SDK, available from
> download.microsoft.com.
>
> I did not test this code, it is mainly an example to point you into the
> direction.
>
> Best regards,
> Merijn van Mourik
> http://crmerijn.blogspot.com
>
> //the field you want to check, eg. actualdurationminutes
> var oField = crmForm.all.SOME_FIELD_ID;
> //the name of the customtype in lowercase
> var strTypeName = "MyCustomEntityTypeName";
>
> var lookupItem = new Array;
> lookupItem = crmForm.all.regardingobjectid.DataValue;
> if (lookupItem[0] != null)
> {
>   // The entity type name.
>   alert(lookupItem[0].typename);
>
>   if (lookupItem[0].typename == strTypeName)
>   {
>      alert("Found " + strTypeName);
>
>      if(oField.DataValue == "")
>      {
>         // Tell the user what is wrong.
> alert("Please provide a value for....");
>
>         // Give the control focus.
>         oField.SetFocus();
>
>         // Cancel the save operation.
>         event.returnValue = false;
>         return false;
>      }
>
>   }
> }

0
Ross
6/12/2007 1:34:18 PM
Thank you both for your responses.

I tried using the the following code

If ( crmForm.all.regardingobjectid != null)
{
crmForm.all.regardingobjectid.setAttribute(“lookuptypes”, “7”);
crmForm.SetFieldReqLevel(“new_jobnumber” , “2”);
}

this script works but it restricts the user from changing the attribute to
any other entity.

thx again

"Ross Goldberg" wrote:

> This should work for you:
>
> No constraint
> ---------------------
> crmForm.all.fieldName.req = 0;
> crmForm.all.fieldName.className = '';
>
> Business Required
> ---------------------
> crmForm.all.fieldName.req = 2;
> crmForm.all.fieldName.className = 'req';
>
> --
> Website - http://www.advantageworks.com
> Blog - http://blog.advantageworks.com
> Split View and Editable Grid for Microsoft CRM 3.0
>

> "Merijn van Mourik" <MerijnvanMourik@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:7504D69C-E5E8-4E88-BFB6-524A3C21066E@microsoft.com...
> > Hello,
> >
> > A lot is possible with the OnChange event of fields. However dynamically
> > setting the required level is not possible, because the RequiredLevel is a
> > readonly field.
> >
> > I suggest putting some JavaScript code in the OnSave event of the activity
> > form. It does not set the field to Business Required. However you will be
> > able to perform additional checks on fields. And it is fully supported.
> >
> > For more information refer to the Microsoft CRM SDK, available from
> > download.microsoft.com.
> >
> > I did not test this code, it is mainly an example to point you into the
> > direction.
> >
> > Best regards,
> > Merijn van Mourik
> > http://crmerijn.blogspot.com
> >
> > //the field you want to check, eg. actualdurationminutes
> > var oField = crmForm.all.SOME_FIELD_ID;
> > //the name of the customtype in lowercase
> > var strTypeName = "MyCustomEntityTypeName";
> >
> > var lookupItem = new Array;
> > lookupItem = crmForm.all.regardingobjectid.DataValue;
> > if (lookupItem[0] != null)
> > {
> >   // The entity type name.
> >   alert(lookupItem[0].typename);
> >
> >   if (lookupItem[0].typename == strTypeName)
> >   {
> >      alert("Found " + strTypeName);
> >
> >      if(oField.DataValue == "")
> >      {
> >         // Tell the user what is wrong.
> > alert("Please provide a value for....");
> >
> >         // Give the control focus.
> >         oField.SetFocus();
> >
> >         // Cancel the save operation.
> >         event.returnValue = false;
> >         return false;
> >      }
> >
> >   }
> > }

External data link change

Why does the change change to a number?

DST changes for Exchange 5.5

Track Changes

more on VBA function name change

Transaction level posting not working
I have a problem with one of my clients that I haven't run in to before. They are running Dynamics 6.0 ctree. They have 10 companies set up. In one of their companies the transaction level posting is not working in A/P. They often enter an A/P trx and print a check for it on the fly. Their usual procedure is to post the transaction through transaction level posting. In the company in question, when the Post button is clicked nothing happens. No error msg, nothing. The trx level posting works in all of their other companies. I've checked posting settings, cleared out all...

How to change icon for my application

How to change newsgroup message font

Change a formula to an acual number

Refering to lowest record in select subquery
HI All, In the subquery below how would I refer to the lowest 3 orderID? Thanks in advance for any help SELECT Orders.CustomerID, Orders.OrderDate, Orders.OrderID FROM Orders WHERE Orders.OrderID IN (SELECT TOP 3 OrderID FROM Orders AS Dupe WHERE Dupe.CustomerID = Orders.CustomerID ORDER BY Dupe.OrderDate DESC, Dupe.OrderID DESC) ORDER BY Orders.CustomerID, Orders.OrderDate, Orders.OrderID ORDER BY Dupe.OrderDate DESC, Dupe.OrderID ASC) You might need to remove " Dupe.OrderDate DESC, "...

Problem Changing an Investment Name

Select Top With parameter
Hello everyone.... i force that one problem that when i wan select top 5 record from one table on reporting service ....it exist "must declare scalar variable".... example: select top @Top from table1 Error Message : "must declare scalar variable".... In sql @top is a variable named top. to select the top 5 rows you should use select top 5 * from table1. or if you want to make the number of rows returned variable use select top (@top) * from table1. Then you need to define the variable in the report designer; to do this goto the query designer, query properties and on...

Should I change this code?

How to change default font in Outlook 2003

icon changes with change of extension

Field Type Change

How to prevent list item selection
I'm having one of those blond moments (no offense to any blonds). I have a simple list box to display information. I want to immediately unselect any item that is selected. None of the obvious items I've tried worked. Any suggestions? Set the value to -1 "Robert Flanagan" <nospam@nospam.net> wrote in message news:%23wM31jHeKHA.6096@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > I'm having one of those blond moments (no offense to any blonds). I have > a simple list box to display information. I want to immediately unselect > any item that is sel...

Tracking Changes

Save Changes? #2

colour change of dated box

Daylight saving time changes for Exchange 2003 server
Hi guys, I was wondering how other real life systems administrators are preparing for the upcoming “2007 global time zone update for Windows” (daylight time change for exchange 2003 server). I'd like to know what contingency plans are being planned out to implement this update and what practical ideas you think thus far are the best. I would greatly value your input. http://www.microsoft.com/windows/timezone/dst2007.mspx -Thanks! ...

SELECT INTO Password protected db
I have a situation where I need to copy a lot of records as is, time stamp and all, from one database to another database. The problem is that both databases are password protected. I can send the password to one of the two in the connection string, but I'm at a loss on how to send the password to the other database. Thanks; Amy ...