change values of picklist from onchange function

i want to change the values of a picklist on an onchange event. for example
if i choose hotline from media picklist, the category picklist will
contain a, b, and c. can anybody suggest jscript code to be able to do
that? thanx for any help.

0
aha
7/12/2004 10:31:58 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

According to the SDK, this is not possible. It's buried in this article:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnmbscrm/html/mbs_crmonchange.asp

--
Matt Wittemann

"aha" wrote:

> i want to change the values of a picklist on an onchange event. for example
> if i choose hotline from media picklist, the category picklist will
> contain a, b, and c. can anybody suggest jscript code to be able to do
> that? thanx for any help.

how create sum function in form field
I'm trying to utilize the sum function in a field on an Outlook 2002 form. I want the form field to sum up the other form fields. Sum is not a function listed in the value tab. Please advise. ...

External data link change

AddIn Functions Have File Path and #NAME? Error
Hello, How do I get Excel 2007 to drop the file path on formulas with Excel addin functions in them? I've just upgraded from Office 2003 to 2007 on XP and am having some trouble with my Excel addin workbook functions. There are a number of addins that are kept in a directory on the computer, C:\ExcelAddins. They are updated from time to time and so everyone has them in this directory on there computer so IT can upload updates. After the Office 2007 upgrade I added all these addins to Excel 2007. In 2003 I would be able to access the addin functions by typing in the name and pa...

Why does the change change to a number?

DST changes for Exchange 5.5

Track Changes

Simple EXCEL worksheet function
I am creating an EXCEL worksheet of people's names, company and location. I need to do a simple sort on name. When the list goes beyond 250, the sort function stops working. Is this a limitation of EXCEL? If so, can I continue the list on "Sheet 2", "Sheet 3" etc and still be able to sort through all the lists as if they are one? #1. Select the entire range you want to sort--don't let excel guess. I'm guessing that you have an empty row in the real range to sort and excel is guessing wrong. #2. Nope. Excel doesn't support this type of...

more on VBA function name change

How to change icon for my application

VLOOKUP: Retrieving Values
Vlookup: I am trying to lookup a value ( SCOTLAND ) on a spreadsheet called ( Data ) in order to populate ceratin cells on my other spreadsheet ( Spreadone ). If the value (SCOTLAND) is located in (Data) I want it to copy the values of specific cells (not all of them ) from the same row into ( Spreadone ). So : CHECK COLUMN N (CLASS) IN SPREADSHEET (DATA) FOR STRING (SCOTLAND) IF THE STRING = SCOTLAND THEN IN SPREADSHEET (Spreadone) POPULATE CELL A7:A25 = ACCOUNT NO (from Data) CELL B7:B25 = CLIENT (from Data) CELL C7:C25 = CUSIP (from Data) CELL D7:D25 = QTY (from Data) CELL E7:E25...

Taking the Mode based on cell value
Could you provide a few more details about what you want to do? -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "sip8316" <sip8316@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E3F4DE24-C5E8-4911-96E6-E61A1E56DEF0@microsoft.com... > ...

How to change newsgroup message font

How to MATCH value up a column
I need to match/find the first matching cell up a column. Ideas? TIA! Hi I don't know what you are looking for, but see: MATCH(A2,A1:F1,0) or VLOOKUP(A3,Sheet2!A:B,2,FALSE) -- Please click "yes" if this post helped you! Greatly appreciated Eva "DevourU" wrote: > I need to match/find the first matching cell up a column. Ideas? TIA! Thankx for the reply. Here is my formula:=IF(A11>A10,C10,(IF(A11=A10,A10,"?"))). I need to have IF(A11<A10, search up column A for 1st match, example A4, display next column B4. Clear as mu...

Copy worksheet to new workbook : Values & Formats
Hi, Is it possible to cpy an entire worksheet (Values & Formats) to a new workbook without copying formulas ? Sheets(X).Copy is building links to previous workbook. Thks for help After coping go to Edit->Links, and break links, and excel will replace links with values. If you do it from VBA, which seems so, try with PasteSpecial metod. "Franck" <wesley.saris@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1130320762.209498.135290@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > Is it possible to cpy an entire worksheet (Values & Formats) to a new > workbook without copying f...

Change a formula to an acual number

Text Functions
I'm trying to split a text string ... Apart from it not working quite right yet! I'm sure I've over complicated it. Base Data "Path": \\SERVER\X$\data\Team Name\Personal Data\JOE BLOGGS\mail\ \\SERVER\X$\ \\SERVER\X$\RECYCLER\ \\SERVER\X$\$Extend\ \\SERVER\X$\$Extend\Test I'm trying to split into High Level Directory (HLD) / Team/User Directory (TUD) / Team/User Sub-Directory HLD: =IFERROR(SUBSTITUTE(LEFT(Path,(SEARCH("\",Path,(SEARCH("\",Path,(SEARCH("X$",Path,1))+3))+1))),"\\SERVER\X$\",""),SUBS...

Problem Changing an Investment Name

How to copy a column of values into another column where the cells are merged
Hi, I have a sheet with a column that lists some values. I also have a second sheet that has a column where the cells are merged every 4 rows. I need to copy the values of the first sheet into the merged cells, but when I do, I only see every fourth value on the merged cells. Is there a formula or any other way that I can use to be able to copy all the values from the first sheet into the second sheet each value on a different group of merged cells? Thanks! Assume you have values in A1:A5 of Sheet1 that you want to copy into Sheet2, where A1:A4, A5:A8, A9;A12 etc are merged. Put this formul...

Should I change this code?

How to change default font in Outlook 2003

icon changes with change of extension

Field Type Change