Cases with no Customer - CRM 4.0

Hi

The requirements for a CRM 4.0 implementation is to be able to create
Cases without linking it to a Customer (Contact or Account). From the
customisation section in CRM the mandatory Customer field cannot be
set to optional or removed from the form. It was proposed that a dummy
account is created called 'non-linked', which is used in this
situation, but this will have too much of an impact on existing
workflow and reports.

So my questions is:
Is there anyway to design the system so a Case can be created which is
not linked to a Customer. And we are happy to consider unsupported
solutions.

thanks,
tj
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Your only options are either (1) to use a dummy customer as you mentioned,
or (2) create a custom Case entity and use that instead

"TJ" <newsgroups101@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> The requirements for a CRM 4.0 implementation is to be able to create
> Cases without linking it to a Customer (Contact or Account). From the
> customisation section in CRM the mandatory Customer field cannot be
> set to optional or removed from the form. It was proposed that a dummy
> account is created called 'non-linked', which is used in this
> situation, but this will have too much of an impact on existing
> workflow and reports.
>
> So my questions is:
> Is there anyway to design the system so a Case can be created which is
> not linked to a Customer. And we are happy to consider unsupported
> solutions.
>
> thanks,
> tj

0
discussions (171)

Verifone 1000SE Pinpad
When using the Verifone 1000se Pinpad, RMS forces the customer to verify the amount first, and then asking the customer to press the green button. This is confusing for some customers since the text on the display of the pinpad starts scrolling if the amount is larger than $xx.xx. There should be an option for us to have it this way or the way I propose, ie let the customer enter the Pin and then press enter. The amount is on the pole display anyhow. The way that it is set up today is cumbersome and slows down the sales process. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft...

select case from combobox and option group
I have an series of actions that need to be executed from differnt types of controls on 2 different forms one control is an option group, the second is a combobox (limit to list = yes) the commands had already been moved to a sub, SetPresetOptions(frm as Access.form) <call SetPresetOptions(me) > , which is located in the same module as the option group (and can be moved to a differnet module if needed) the code reads something like this: Select Case optSetPresetOptions case = 1 do something case = 2 dosomething else case = .... Ho...

Sample Data Company on GP9.0
I am totally new to GP and have successfully setup the SQL server side for test purposes. Help! Can't even get started - didn't note any login ids (default ones when setting up the test comany) - can someone help me through this please? Thanks -- Shyam Sippy You can log in intially with the sa user id/passwd and then setup your user id's in GP If you need further assistance e-mail me @ michael.bloom@journeyteam.com Michael Bloom www.journeyteam.com "Shyam" <Shyam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FD05A918-435D-4BBD-8388-E309974B8EEC@microso...

Access Table primary key goes to 0 after 9999
I need help please. I am working wiht a Access 2003 table that I did not creatre but I need to do my new job. The problem I have is we just hit record number 9999 in the primary key field and that is also our tracking number and after 9999 the number went to 0 and now says it can not create a new record becasue it would be a dulicate. In other words it thinks 10001 is record 1. Any idea whay it will not go past 9999? What datatype is your primary key field? It will usually either be a long integer or an autonumber. Is this happening when you run your application? If so, there could b...

Duplicate invoice number for different customers
I have a duplicate invoice number for 2 different customers: Cust A: SOPNUMBE = 100 SOPTYPE = 3 Valid (SOP30200) Cust B: SOPNUMBE = 100 SOPTYPE = 2 Want to remove / clear (SOP10100) This was due to server failure that caused dex tables in tempdb to wipe off. Since Cust B is not a valid record and I would like to remove it, but I am not sure what other tables should I look for in the process of cleaning up for customer B beside SOP10100. Is there any tool to fix this issue? I looked in CustomerSource but couldn't find any tool for this. Any suggesti...

Are attribute values case sensitive?
I know that elements and attribute names are case sensitive, but are the actual attribute values case sensitive when referred to from within an xsl stylesheet for example? Thanks, Kathy *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com *** Don't just participate in USENET...get rewarded for it! "Kathy Burke" <kathyburke40@attbi.com> wrote in message news:e$wBHf5iDHA.624@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > I know that elements and attribute names are case sensitive, but are the > actual attribute values case sensitive when referred to from within an > xsl styleshee...

Case Lookup 04-21-06
Is there a way to prevent resolved cases from appearing in the case lookup? Specifically... Create an email in Outlook. Click the 'Track in CRM' button. Click the 'Regarding' button. Change the 'Look For' to Cases. Currently this lookup displays all cases with no restrictions. I would like to restrict this to only show active cases. ------=_NextPart_0001_2F86B88A Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Cindy, Thanks for the post. I will have to take a look at this to see if there is a way to filter the view. A quick glance at the issu...

Setting child text value to custom property on parent in grouped s
Have a shape that is comprised of a group of two shapes, a text field and an image. On the parent shape I have a custom property field with “Ask on drop” toggled on. Is it possible to set the value of the child text field to be the entered value of the parent custom property field? If so, how do I do this? TIA Hi UKD, You need enter a more complicated formula in the Insert > Field dialog -- the sub-shape's text needs to do a "cross-sheet refernence" to get to the group's prop-value. Try this: 1. Get the group's SheetID by selecting the group, choosing For...

Design of customer satisfaction form?
We have a typical customer satisfaction form that has 8 questions, each of which can be rated in 4 ways: Poor, Satisfactory, Good or Excellent, and the customer simply checks one option for each question and returns the form. For each job in our database we want to be able to replicate that form (or rather, the responses) and then do a query or report to analyse these. I can see that using an Option Group is one way of providing an on-line form, and the design of that isn't an issue for me. What I don't know, however, is whether I need to create some sort of table to support this,...

Customize Outlook Today #17
I'm currently running Office 2000 Premium. Had to reload my laptop and for some reason I can't get the option back to "Customize Outlook Today". The button is grayed out and does not respond. Any ideas where to look? The following MSKB article provides the fix for this issue. OL2000: You Cannot Customize Outlook Today After You Install Critical Update 813489 for Internet Explorer: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;820575 -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only ...

email accounts #4
Out look no longer is allowing me to change default settings i.e., email accounts. And at the same time it only checks for mail on the default account and will not check on the second account... (Outlook express works just fine)... ...

Letter case problem
I try to use a lowercase letter i in a cell, just as a bale for a list of items, all by itself, and Excel insists on changing it to an uppercase I. It does not make any difference if I specify that the cell is text. In fact, nothing I have found solves this problem. Does anyone know how to make Excel behave in this case? "docbnj" <psboyer@patmedia.net> wrote in message news:1143390556.519705.230640@j33g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... >I try to use a lowercase letter i in a cell, just as a bale for a list > of items, all by itself, and Excel insists on changing it to an...

custom control on modal dialog
Greetings. Have a custom control (a CStatic-derived class drawing on a Picture Control) that I cannot get to display on a pop-up dialog box. The strange thing is this: if I put it on a Dialog-based MFC application, it works fine. If I put it on a dialog that is called later (domodal or showwindow), the program crashes with an assertion failure on line 135 of afxwin2.inl. My question is what is the difference and how do I work around this? jorj Is it an ActiveX control? Is your control getting created properly? -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Jordon Hofer" &...

Customizing Users from Address
-- J Wilmer ...

Adding custom tabs
Hi all I'm aware of adding new tabs in the home page (left pane), using the config file. Is there any possibility that new tabs are created inside Contact form? Basically, I need to extend the usage of Contact form by adding multiple new tabs and forms inside that as customization Thanx in advance --- Regards Paras Dear Paras, You can use the same config file for adding (vertical) tabs to the left side of the contact screen. Please view the SDK for more details. Please mind that adding tabs horizontally is possible by using the system custimization at the settings of CRM. With k...

service packs on customer source
What happened to all the service packs on Customer Source? When I check on them, nothing is listed. Also what is the eta of GP 10? Thank you in advance! Jeremy, SP2 for 9.0 is here: https://mbs.microsoft.com/customersource/support/downloads/ servicepacks/microsoftdynamicsgp90servicepack2.htm?printpage=false FRx Service Packs are here: https://mbs.microsoft.com/CMS/Templates/document/SupportGeneral.aspx? NRMODE=Published&NRNODEGUID={E53F43C1-13E2-41EB- B2E1-30E5623A85FB}&NRORIGINALURL=/customersource/support/downloads/ servicepacks/frx67gpOverview.htm&NRCACHEHINT=Guest&...

How can I use fill hand to copy the fomula in this case?
Here is my fomula: B1: =sheet2!A1 B2: =sheet2!A4 B3: =sheet2!A7 B4: =sheet2!A11 ......... Is it possible to use fill handle to copy the fomula automatically in my case?, If so, how? Thanks. Sabrina I assume that B4 should read = sheet2!A10 with a help column in sheet1 enter the first function in B1 and fill that down the column enter in C column a series of 1<><>2<><>3<><>and extend that down th column do a sort on C column delete the surplus rows Sabrina Wrote: > Here is my fomula: > B1: =sheet2!A1 > B2: =sheet2!A4 > B3: =sheet2!A...

change lower case text to upper case text
is it possible to change lower case text to upper case text in microsoft excel 2000 Yes, in an empty column enter =UPPER(A1) and copy down, in that column Copy > Paste Special > Values to lose the formulas, then Cut > Paste back to the original location. If you want to use code, see you Jimmy here, http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/proper.htm Regards, "rotty" <rotty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C15B5928-15B4-4AE6-8486-F86589685F77@microsoft.com... > is it possible to change lower case text to upper case text in microsoft > excel 2000 Y...

Duplicate Customers in HQ and SO
One of new customers called me today with a bizarre problem. In store operations, about 20% of the customer records are duplicates. It's not the kind of duplicate where it loks like someone typed in the information twice. It looks like an error in SO or HQ. The customer records that are duplicated have the exact same account number as well. I can image an senario that caused it, but I'd like some feedback from other users. This customer hs had RMS for about 6 months now. We just acquired them last month and are straightening out a whole lot of problems. My thought is they had t...

outlook express 6 #4
I just recently lost my computer and had someone at my husbands work put it back so I thought. Now when I want to send and email and check my spelling I can't. I went to help and it said that if I didn't have Microsoft Word, Excel or Powerpoint that it wouldn't work. I had I believe Word but I don't know how to get it back. I have a Compaq computer and I got this computer in 1998. Is there a way I can get it back or download it again for free or is there someway around it so that the spell check will work again. Thanks. Pam You could reinstall it from the Offic...

Customization
Hi there, I'm new to CRM and trying to customize it. I've got some question. I hope there's someone to help me out...please...:( 1. How can I rename the case status: Active and Resolved to Open and Closed? 2. I need to customize My Active Case View. When the user select the view, is there any way to show the shared cases? Thank you in advance, semaj ...

Salary USD$4 ten thousand dollars every week #2
Salary USD$4 ten thousand dollars every week Film http://www.probuilderplus.com/htdocs/powerline2.swf We Don't Leave Anything Up to Chance. Just plug into our proven 3-Step Wealth Generation System. 1. No Selling! 2. No Meetings! 3. No Pressure! FREE join than see the website http://favorjean.probuilderplus.com/ I thought it was just hype, but... ...

Adding new customized Reports do not work
I installed the Microsoft Report Manager on the CRM server. I then installed Crystal Reports 9.2.2 on my client machine. I had to create a couple of ODBC connections from my machine to the CRM server. I then wrote a custom report and then copied it to the CRM server's C: drive TS'd into the CRM server, went into the Report Manager and added the report. Then logged into the CRM system from my client machine and tried to view the report and it tells me "Failed to load database information. File <filename.rpt>" Did I publish the report wrong or does it have anything ...

Custom scrollbar problem
Hi, I have VC++ 6, use MFC, and have an MDI based app. I wish to add scroll bars to my CChildFrame. However, I do not wish these scrollbars to stretch over the entire width and height of the frame window, but only a portion, depending on the size of a square I draw in the CView it hosts. This is why I can not seem to simply add WS_HSCROLL and WS_VSCROLL to the window style of the Frame window, because those scrollbars do stretchover the entire width. I also have a docking window attached to the left of the frame, and the horizontal scroll bar stretches over the entire width of the frame win...

How to: Set default value for common control in custom form
I've created a custom journal form, and added the Entry Type control. I'd like to set the default value to 'Note', but the control's properties don't allow me to change the default text value from 'Phone Call'. I've tried adding the control by dragging it from the Field Chooser as well as creating a new combobox but had no luck. Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks. Try setting it in the Item_Open event handler: Function Item_Open() If Item.Size = 0 Then Item.Type = "Note" End If End Function FYI, there is a newsgroup speci...