Case, Quote numbering

We should have the ability to number the cases without having a suffix.  If
we do have a suffix, we should be able to define the suffix.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=03d3c78b-fe7a-48f7-9764-c8e57f441e12&dg=microsoft.public.crm
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

The suffix is used so that when users go offline, they won't create
duplicates.

--

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

"Leah" <Leah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
We should have the ability to number the cases without having a suffix.  If
we do have a suffix, we should be able to define the suffix.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=03d3c78b-fe7a-48f7-9764-c8e57f441e12&dg=microsoft.public.crm

0
Matt

select case from combobox and option group
I have an series of actions that need to be executed from differnt types of controls on 2 different forms one control is an option group, the second is a combobox (limit to list = yes) the commands had already been moved to a sub, SetPresetOptions(frm as Access.form) <call SetPresetOptions(me) > , which is located in the same module as the option group (and can be moved to a differnet module if needed) the code reads something like this: Select Case optSetPresetOptions case = 1 do something case = 2 dosomething else case = .... Ho...

Urgent! "Query builder Error: No entity" message in the workflow s
Hello, I think I deleted an entity which was referenced by a workflow, and now whenever I go in the SETUP\Workflow screen I get a "Query Builder Error: No entity" message. I can't even access the workflow list. Do you guys have any solution to this problem? Thanks 1) Restore your database from a backup from before you deleted the entity 2) Import a customizations.xml file backed up from before you deleted the entity 3) Try re-creating the deleted entity, with the same name, and manually hack the database to set the entity type code (something like 10001) to the same a...

Are attribute values case sensitive?
I know that elements and attribute names are case sensitive, but are the actual attribute values case sensitive when referred to from within an xsl stylesheet for example? Thanks, Kathy *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com *** Don't just participate in USENET...get rewarded for it! "Kathy Burke" <kathyburke40@attbi.com> wrote in message news:e$wBHf5iDHA.624@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > I know that elements and attribute names are case sensitive, but are the > actual attribute values case sensitive when referred to from within an > xsl styleshee...

"Ghost" sheet objects returned while using Excel.Application
I am trying to parse a spreadsheet using JavaScript and I'm finding "ghost" Sheet objects in the file. It seems that if the user copied and renamed the file and then deleted some tabs that those tabs are still accessible programmitcally. If I view the excel file in Excel or try to load it into SQL Server then the "ghost" tabs don't show up. But if I read it using the Excel.Application in JavaScript then they show up. Here's an excerpt of what I'm doing: var wb = XLS.WorkBooks.Open(fname); var ws = XLS.Sheets; var cell = null; var e = new Enumerator(XLS....

Can "Out of Office" calendar items switch on automatic email repli
I am fairly sure there is not a standard way to do this, but does anyone know of a not so standard way? The scenario: I've booked an appointment as all day and/or "out of office" and Outlook switches on/off automatic replies for me for that duration. Solution: ? Obviously I would want to tailor the message for each appointment, probably at the time I set the meeting, with the option to change/cancel when I get a reminder for the meeting. Am I asking too much :) Version of Office? Type of mail account? "voxstealth" <voxstealth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote...

How to do "cross posting"?
Hi How to do "cross posting"? Thanks & Regards Pradeep M V Cross Posting is mentioned in below post and i'm not sure how to do it. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?&query=pradeep&lang=en&cr=US&guid=&sloc=en-us&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains&p=1&tid=c3c5de83-4a26-4da1-80fb-9b0096863bd0&mid=efdc2d21-8c87-4845-8619-7b90b6deb8f0 "Pradeep M V" wrote: > Hi > > How to do "cross posting"? > > Thanks & Regards > > Pradeep M V > I...

Can I make a "tab name" the "chart title"? (question on this)
In this thread, where I got the title of my own thread here from, http://groups.google.ca/group/microsoft.public.excel.charting/browse_thread/thread/83e2856f6e0dca33/674df8d582510513?hl=en&lnk=gst&q=tab+name#674df8d582510513, Bernard V Liengme's solution seems to work very well. I put the tab name formula below in the sheet and then referenced it in the chart title as directed: =MID(CELL("Filename",A1),FIND("]",CELL("Filename",A1))+1,255) Seems to work great, at least so far <g>. The challenge is that though the tab name solution is perfect a...

Outlook 2000 Error "BEEP"
A PC running Windows 2k Pro with Outlook 2k is giving an error beep when new emails come in. The speakers have been muted and the beep is coming from the speaker mounted inside the PC (not that that means anything). I've looked in the event viewer and didn't see any errors. Is there somplace else I can look? The only changes I made before this happened: 1) Added File and Print sharing 2) Set PC to use NetBIOS over TCP/IP Since then I've set everything back and it's still making the error beep. ...

Why is "Do not check spelling or grammar" always turned on
Hi everyone, this happens to me with (almost ?) every message I start in Outlook. Happens for New Messages and Replies equally. I do use a standard E- Mail Signature. Could that have something to do with it? Whenever I select the text and do Shift-F1 the "Do not check spelling or grammar" checkbox is selected when I click on Language. Why is this thing turned on? I know how to turn it off, but I don't want to have to do this for every message. Does anyone know the registry setting or option that is making this happen? Thank you. Martin Kultermann eStar Commu...

Case Lookup 04-21-06
Is there a way to prevent resolved cases from appearing in the case lookup? Specifically... Create an email in Outlook. Click the 'Track in CRM' button. Click the 'Regarding' button. Change the 'Look For' to Cases. Currently this lookup displays all cases with no restrictions. I would like to restrict this to only show active cases. ------=_NextPart_0001_2F86B88A Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Cindy, Thanks for the post. I will have to take a look at this to see if there is a way to filter the view. A quick glance at the issu...

can't bring "single instance" tray app to foreground
I'm using the single instance class found at <http://www.codeproject.com/threads/simplesingleinstanceapp.asp>. When the first instance of my app receives the notification that another instance was launched, it shows a dialog displaying the args received. The problem is that this dialog does not become the frontmost/active window. I'm doing something like this: void CTrayApp::OnSecondInstance(UINT, LPARAM) { m_pMainWnd->SetForegroundWindow(); AfxMessageBox(GetSecondInstanceCmdLine(), IDOK); } which throws up the dialog but it's behind the active window (generally t...

automatic comas for numbers greater than 999
I want exel to automaticly add comas for numbers greater than 999. How do I accomplish this? jonj34 wrote: > I want exel to automaticly add comas for numbers greater than 999. How do I > accomplish this? FORMATCELLS...NUMBER..Make sure that the 1,000's seperator checkbox is selected.. ...

Outlook 2003 "Enter Network Password" dialog box (tried everything)
I used to have multiple accounts on the same email server, and I thought that was the problem with the passwords not being saved due to Outlook not serializing the connections. But then I removed the other accounts from send/receive and it still happens!!! Is there any sure fire way to get Ooutlook 2003 to stop doing this and remember my f**king passwords??? This is so annoying...ughhhhh!!! I have deleted registry keys, hacked settings, yet nothing has worked. Let me know if any of you guys find out how to get this problem fixed with the "Enter Network Password" dialog box... N...

Number formats and fields
Hi All! I have a list of equations in a word document that I need to add a reference (the first equation in the document will be equation A, the second will be equation B, etc). So I need a numbering field. However, when I get to equation 28 I want the format to be AB, then 29 to be AC, not BB, CC like the default A, B, C… numbering gives you. However, I will be adding other equations randomly throughout the document and referring to the equation reference in text paragraphs, so I would like them to auto update when I add another equation in the middle of the document. Doe...

Letter case problem
I try to use a lowercase letter i in a cell, just as a bale for a list of items, all by itself, and Excel insists on changing it to an uppercase I. It does not make any difference if I specify that the cell is text. In fact, nothing I have found solves this problem. Does anyone know how to make Excel behave in this case? "docbnj" <psboyer@patmedia.net> wrote in message news:1143390556.519705.230640@j33g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... >I try to use a lowercase letter i in a cell, just as a bale for a list > of items, all by itself, and Excel insists on changing it to an...

How can I use fill hand to copy the fomula in this case?
Here is my fomula: B1: =sheet2!A1 B2: =sheet2!A4 B3: =sheet2!A7 B4: =sheet2!A11 ......... Is it possible to use fill handle to copy the fomula automatically in my case?, If so, how? Thanks. Sabrina I assume that B4 should read = sheet2!A10 with a help column in sheet1 enter the first function in B1 and fill that down the column enter in C column a series of 1<><>2<><>3<><>and extend that down th column do a sort on C column delete the surplus rows Sabrina Wrote: > Here is my fomula: > B1: =sheet2!A1 > B2: =sheet2!A4 > B3: =sheet2!A...

change lower case text to upper case text
is it possible to change lower case text to upper case text in microsoft excel 2000 Yes, in an empty column enter =UPPER(A1) and copy down, in that column Copy > Paste Special > Values to lose the formulas, then Cut > Paste back to the original location. If you want to use code, see you Jimmy here, http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/proper.htm Regards, "rotty" <rotty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C15B5928-15B4-4AE6-8486-F86589685F77@microsoft.com... > is it possible to change lower case text to upper case text in microsoft > excel 2000 Y...

Error in :"Transfers out of Budget Accounts"
I know this is a popular theme here in this newsgroup but i'll throw it out there anyways... My issue is in the budget. I was able to get it to count all of my transfers under a special "Transfers to Know for Budget" category. I have placed all my savings goals and etc here that were not being captured by the "Transfers out of budget accounts" line item in my budget. The actual probelm is that when I view the annual/monthly budget in reports view it counts my stock/mutual fund purchases under this "transfers out of budget accounts" category. Does anyo...

Customization
Hi there, I'm new to CRM and trying to customize it. I've got some question. I hope there's someone to help me out...please...:( 1. How can I rename the case status: Active and Resolved to Open and Closed? 2. I need to customize My Active Case View. When the user select the view, is there any way to show the shared cases? Thank you in advance, semaj ...

Autocomplete for "To" field in Outlook?
Does anyone know how or if it's even possible to enable an autocoplete like feature for the "To:" field in Outlook 2000 or XP? Thanks. MP Outlook 2000, no. Outlook 2002, yes: Tools > Options > Preferences > E-mail Options... > Advanced E-mail options... > Suggest names -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "mp" <melpoke@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:FZb1b.108704$0v4.7676702@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net... > Does anyone know how or if it's even possible to enable an autocoplete like > feature for the "To:" field in Out...

Format number
I'm always struggling with formatting numbers, despite all the online examples. I need to format 12470 to 124.70. Thanks in advance, Anna Anna wrote: > I'm always struggling with formatting numbers, despite all the online > examples. > I need to format 12470 to 124.70. You can't, they are different numbers. What you can do, e.g., is convert an integer 12470 to a floating-point 12470.0, then divide it by 100.0, and display it as foo.ToString("#.00"). HTH, -rick- > You can't, they are different numbers. What you can do, e....

How can add a "label colour" in this routine?
How can add a "label colour" in this routine? Sub MakeAppointmentInOutlook2003() Dim olApp As Outlook.Application Dim olApt As AppointmentItem Set olApp = New Outlook.Application Set olApt = olApp.CreateItem(olAppointmentItem) With olApt .Start = Range("A2") .Duration = Range("B2") .Subject = Range("C2") .Location = Range("D2") .Categories = Work .Display .Save End With Set olApt = Nothing Set olApp = Nothing See http://www.outlookcode.com/codedetail.asp...

How can I add the "open with" as a choice to Outlook menus?
A co-worker with a mac sends me a .txt file attachment. If I 'preview' the file in Outlook, all the formatting is fine. However, if I open the attachment (default is to open a .txt file with notepad), the formatting is lost. I know I can either: 1) save the file to disk, and then from Windows explorer, do an "open with" to open it with Wordpad. 2) Change the file type associatein for .txt files so they will always open with wordpad. I don't like either of these choices. Option 1 adds extra steps (I may not want to save the file at all!). Option...

Find Cases by Case No
Hi there! Our Tech Dept wants to find quickly a Case by typing the Case No, but the default Search field for CRM searches by Title, which is not always easy to guess. Can we do something to change it, either unsupported or no? There is also the Advanced Find Utility, but can we make a shortcut for our Tech Dept which will have pre-selected the Case Object and, ideally, the Case No contains xxx row? Any ideas will be appreciated. Regards, Elena ...

"File not found" and "The form name is misspelled..." errors
I am still bulding a database. It contains no data, and contains no embedded macros. Yet, when I go to build code, I get these errors: "File not found" followed by "The form name * is misspelled or refers to a form the doesn't exist" The problem does not lie in the form that automatically opens when the database opens, and there are no embedded macros (I've read that these are the two main places an error such as this can occur). I did a search in the code box, and do find the two subforms listed even though neither contains any kind of code. I ca...