Case-management (gathering of e-mails)

Tracking of emails in MS-CRM can quite fast be a badly arranged sum of mails.
Is it in any way possible to make some kind of case-management?
What we want is to be able to gather e-mails concerning the same case /
matter in some kind of folder.

Hope someone can give us a good hint to solve this.

--
Charlotte
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

If you are using the CRM Tracking token, then inbound emails will
automatically be associated to the Case.

--

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

"Charlotte" <Charlotte@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Tracking of emails in MS-CRM can quite fast be a badly arranged sum of
mails.
Is it in any way possible to make some kind of case-management?
What we want is to be able to gather e-mails concerning the same case /
matter in some kind of folder.

Hope someone can give us a good hint to solve this.

--
Charlotte

0
Matt
11/3/2006 6:13:06 PM
Thanks for your answer.
We are using the “Tracking token”, but sometimes the customers start a new
mail – on the same case - which then does become another token no. How do I
collect the “tracking tokens”, so I can make some kind og case-management?

--
Charlotte

"Matt Parks" wrote:

> If you are using the CRM Tracking token, then inbound emails will
> automatically be associated to the Case.
>
> --
>
> Matt Parks
> MVP - Microsoft CRM
>

> "Charlotte" <Charlotte@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>
> Tracking of emails in MS-CRM can quite fast be a badly arranged sum of
> mails.
> Is it in any way possible to make some kind of case-management?
> What we want is to be able to gather e-mails concerning the same case /
> matter in some kind of folder.
>
> Hope someone can give us a good hint to solve this.
>
> --
> Charlotte

can't delete e mails from deleted messages box
can't delete e mails from deleted messages box they seem to be blocked... what's the easiest way to get them deleted anyhow? You can try compacting and repairing the database with my Windows Mail Utility (www.oehelp.com/WMUtil/) steve "jimjohn37" <jimjohn37@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:50667349-1D7C-4025-BBAA-64D009A32867@microsoft.com... > can't delete e mails from deleted messages box > they seem to be blocked... > what's the easiest way to get them deleted anyhow? ...

protected storage, POP3 mail, single user, multiple profiles
Situation: if a user logs into windows (w2k or xp) and has multiple outlook profiles setup, outlook (protected storage) seems to only remember the last 'saved' POP3 account passwords from the last profile. If the user switches profiles then they are prompted to enter the POP password(s) for the new profile -- if they select 'save this password in your password list' and they switch to another profile, they will once again be prompted... I think this is a bug but need confirmation -- thanks //RB ...

select case from combobox and option group
I have an series of actions that need to be executed from differnt types of controls on 2 different forms one control is an option group, the second is a combobox (limit to list = yes) the commands had already been moved to a sub, SetPresetOptions(frm as Access.form) <call SetPresetOptions(me) > , which is located in the same module as the option group (and can be moved to a differnet module if needed) the code reads something like this: Select Case optSetPresetOptions case = 1 do something case = 2 dosomething else case = .... Ho...

Outlook 2003 Rules and Junk e-mail.
I have rules set up that move email from different accounts into different folders. Under Outlook 2003 i had a rule to move junk e-mail to a junk folder. Now under 2003, the Junk e-mail filter and blocked senders list do that for me. Unfortunately it appears that the Junk filter runs BEFORE any rules, and my rules move the junk e-mail right back out of the junk folder into my mail folders! Any suggestions to implement a "and stop processing more rules" on junk e-mail. 2003 no longer gives an option to add a junk e-mail rule. Same exact problem here... I think it's a bu...

Mail being sent "on behalf of" the default email address
Hi, I've been searching everywhere for an answer to this but with no result. Can somebody help me? I'm using Outlook 2002 without Exchange Server and have 6 accounts set up on it. All of a sudden, my emails are being sent with the following in the "From" field. "user1@domain.com on behalf of default@email.com". Has anyone any idea why Outlook has started to do this and how I can change it? Thanks very much for any help :-) You can choose which account to send from in the toolbar of you message. It will then use the account you select at that time. It i...

Re; outlook e-mail
I am having a problem when I am in a document and hit file, send to, it pops up with the internet yahoo instead of our in house list of e-mails. How do I fix this? Thank you ...

Are attribute values case sensitive?
I know that elements and attribute names are case sensitive, but are the actual attribute values case sensitive when referred to from within an xsl stylesheet for example? Thanks, Kathy *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com *** Don't just participate in USENET...get rewarded for it! "Kathy Burke" <kathyburke40@attbi.com> wrote in message news:e$wBHf5iDHA.624@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > I know that elements and attribute names are case sensitive, but are the > actual attribute values case sensitive when referred to from within an > xsl styleshee...

Multiple Mail Downloads
I just installed Outlook 2003, upgrading from office 97 to 2003 but using OE, on my XP-SP1 box and it keeps downloading the same mail over and over. I keep my mail on the server for a few days and when using OE, it kept track of what was new and already downloaded. Surely, Outlook does the same and I'm just missing that setting somewhere. I thought my problem might be due to importing all my OE settings and I tried removing Outlook using Add/Remove and starting over. Unfortunately, after I rebooted and brought it back, all the settings were retained. I suppose there are extend instruc...

Create a Macro in Manager
Hi, Is there a way to create macros in manager? I would really like to cut a lot of the keystrokes out of printing labels. TIA, Laura ...

Word2007 content management
Welcome, I have a question, I use MS Office 2007, I work with documents and often the same document is often repetitive text, how to develop the fields, where one exchange of any other adjustment contained in the document? I have about 40 phrases in a document repeated many times. Please help. I thank you in advance. See http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Repeating_Data.htm. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so all may benefit. Algirdas wrote: > Welcome, ...

Does every one else have to micro manage MS$?
Just wondering if I am alone on this but it seems like with this app the longer you use it the more things come up that are just baffling.. For me it is duplicate transactions showing up, things not matching from the bills area back to the account register and the latest is ever transaction from my bank comes by default with NICOR as the payee and marks it as a utility. I know allot of the problem is the different banks and companies the software has to work with but common these discrepancies and constant need of babysitting almost makes it a wash for any efficiencies gained. I wen...

mail box management
Hi All., Can anyone tell me how i can get exchange to delete all e- mails from everyones deleted items folder once a week, ie every saturday. Thanks In what version ???? Sorry! exchange 2k. we are also using group policy but i cant find anyting in here. I do know there is a client setting but i would really like to run it from the server. >-----Original Message----- >In what version ???? >. > Hello Nic In ESM, create a new Recipient Policy (type Mailbox Management) make sure the LDAP filter you uses includes all and only all (not Public Folders etc .. by mistake) user m...

GP 10 for Events Managment company
I've recently started a project for a client whose core business is mainly events management. We'll be re-implementing GP 10 for financial reporting purposes - however I have a few questions before we start setups, namely 1. What is "best practice" for a COA (chart of accounts) structure? Since the company will be planning multiple events throughout the year, I dont think its wise to build each event into the COA structure. Is my thinking correct? Furthermore, the co's budget is not being inputted into GP by event which further signifies to me that I may not ...

Project Server 2007 Manage Users Page Missing Show Options
Today it appears that my Manage Users page has become modified. The "Show" options" (All Users, Specific user) are no longer visible. Note: I have 2 instances: Production and Train. This issue is occurring in the Production instance only. When I launch Manage Users, all I see is the Search option, and aside from that, the page is blank. I can search for users, and if they have an account, it will find them. But the listing of users I always see is gone. I have made no configuration changes. I do not even know what would cause this to happen. Can anyone out there hel...

Case Lookup 04-21-06
Is there a way to prevent resolved cases from appearing in the case lookup? Specifically... Create an email in Outlook. Click the 'Track in CRM' button. Click the 'Regarding' button. Change the 'Look For' to Cases. Currently this lookup displays all cases with no restrictions. I would like to restrict this to only show active cases. ------=_NextPart_0001_2F86B88A Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Cindy, Thanks for the post. I will have to take a look at this to see if there is a way to filter the view. A quick glance at the issu...

Letter case problem
I try to use a lowercase letter i in a cell, just as a bale for a list of items, all by itself, and Excel insists on changing it to an uppercase I. It does not make any difference if I specify that the cell is text. In fact, nothing I have found solves this problem. Does anyone know how to make Excel behave in this case? "docbnj" <psboyer@patmedia.net> wrote in message news:1143390556.519705.230640@j33g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... >I try to use a lowercase letter i in a cell, just as a bale for a list > of items, all by itself, and Excel insists on changing it to an...

Exchange 2003 & Junk E-mail
We are running Exchange 2003 and Client is running Outlook 2003 and on Exchange we activated the IMF as well as the connection filter. When the users receive email that is Junk and utilize the feature in outlook to add the email to the junk email folder, the same email comes back again in the INBOX. The question is the following: Does the Junk email folder on the client side get scynchronized with the server side? Is there a folder on the server side for the junk email? If a user receives an email and it does not appear in the Junk email nor Inbox, can I search for it on the server s...

How can I use fill hand to copy the fomula in this case?
Here is my fomula: B1: =sheet2!A1 B2: =sheet2!A4 B3: =sheet2!A7 B4: =sheet2!A11 ......... Is it possible to use fill handle to copy the fomula automatically in my case?, If so, how? Thanks. Sabrina I assume that B4 should read = sheet2!A10 with a help column in sheet1 enter the first function in B1 and fill that down the column enter in C column a series of 1<><>2<><>3<><>and extend that down th column do a sort on C column delete the surplus rows Sabrina Wrote: > Here is my fomula: > B1: =sheet2!A1 > B2: =sheet2!A4 > B3: =sheet2!A...

Business Manager Crashes Outlook 2003
Outlook will open, but if I try to perform any function, even open an email, I get the massage "Business Contact Manger has encountrered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." Dependin on the function I try to perform, sometimes I do not even get the message, the progem just closes. ...

change lower case text to upper case text
is it possible to change lower case text to upper case text in microsoft excel 2000 Yes, in an empty column enter =UPPER(A1) and copy down, in that column Copy > Paste Special > Values to lose the formulas, then Cut > Paste back to the original location. If you want to use code, see you Jimmy here, http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/proper.htm Regards, "rotty" <rotty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C15B5928-15B4-4AE6-8486-F86589685F77@microsoft.com... > is it possible to change lower case text to upper case text in microsoft > excel 2000 Y...

How to print e-mail to another printer in network
We have a small network with several printers, How can I print my email to some other printer other than my default printer? File > Print > choose another printer, if you have added that printer to your printers folder. Is that what you're looking for? -- Kathleen Orland Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.howto-outlook.com/ "DK" wrote: > We have a small network with several printers, How can I print my email to > some other printer other than my default printer? Unfortunately some options will still only print to the default printer. ...

Customization
Hi there, I'm new to CRM and trying to customize it. I've got some question. I hope there's someone to help me out...please...:( 1. How can I rename the case status: Active and Resolved to Open and Closed? 2. I need to customize My Active Case View. When the user select the view, is there any way to show the shared cases? Thank you in advance, semaj ...

Mailbox Manager #2
After upgraden our Exchange 2000/Windows 2000 to Exchange 2003/Windows 2003 our clients get no e-mail anymore form the Mailbox Management process. In the Event viewer I get the following message: Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeSA Event Category: Mailbox Management Event ID: 9313 Date: 18-1-2004 Time: 0:08:20 User: N/A Computer: EXMAIL Description: Microsoft Exchange Server Mailbox Manager failed to send the following message: Subject: The Microsoft Exchange Server Mailbox Manager on EXMAIL completed processing successfully. Recipient: ........ Error: c1050000 For more inf...

how do i select/copy/paste into an e-mail
I just got Word 2007. When I select and copy it will not past into an e-mail post. I was using 2003 and it was so easy! Can you paste into other applications, such as NotePad? -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Mayree" <Mayree@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1F5E672D-C043-4A38-8740-4344569BFEEF@microsoft.com... >I just got Word 2007. When I select and copy it will not past into an >e-mail > post. I was using 2003 and it was so easy! > ...

Schedule a Macro with Windows Task Manager
I am trying to do so, but it is not working. My .bat file: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11 E:\IT Dept\Access\database name.mdb /x Marco Name Is this correct? hi, On 03.03.2010 20:44, lindag wrote: > I am trying to do so, but it is not working. > > My .bat file: > C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11 > E:\IT Dept\Access\database name.mdb /x Marco Name > > Is this correct? No, see http://support.microsoft.com/kb/209207 You need to specifiy the Access executable, e.g.: Set ACCESS = "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10...