Case Lookup 04-21-06

Is there a way to prevent resolved cases from appearing in the case lookup?

Specifically...

Create an email in Outlook.  Click the 'Track in CRM' button.
Click the 'Regarding' button.  Change the 'Look For' to Cases.

Currently this lookup displays all cases with no restrictions.  I would like
to restrict this to only show active cases.

0
Cindy
4/21/2006 3:38:36 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

------=_NextPart_0001_2F86B88A

Hi Cindy,

Thanks for the post.   I will have to take a look at this to see if there
is a way to filter the view.  A quick glance at the issue makes me think
that it is operating as designed but I will take a closer look and get back
to you.

Thanks again and have a great weekend.

Kind regards,
Mike

	PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided to assist with
break/fix
	issues and simple how to questions.
�	======================================================
	We also love to hear your product feedback!
	Let us know what you think by posting
	from the web interface: Partner Feedback
	from your newsreader:  microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback.
	We look forward to hearing from you!
that others
	may learn and benefit from this issue.
rights.

------=_NextPart_0001_2F86B88A

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Hi Cindy,
\par
\par Thanks for the post.   I will have to take a look at this to see if there is a way to filter the view.  A quick glance at the issue makes me think that it is operating as designed but I will take a closer look and get back to you.
\par
\par Thanks again and have a great weekend.
\par
\par Kind regards,
\par Mike
\par
\par \tab ======================================================
\par \tab PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided to assist with break/fix
\par \tab issues and simple how to questions.
\par \~\tab ======================================================
\par \tab We also love to hear your product feedback!
\par \tab Let us know what you think by posting
\par \tab from the web interface: Partner Feedback
\par \tab from your newsreader:  microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback.
\par \tab We look forward to hearing from you!
\par \tab ======================================================
\par \tab When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so that others
\par \tab may learn and benefit from this issue.
\par \tab ======================================================
\par \tab This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
\par \tab ======================================================
\par
\par
\par
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_2F86B88A--

0
mchristl
4/21/2006 9:37:10 PM
------=_NextPart_0001_2F85FEA1

Hi Cindy,

I will close this post as it is a duplicate of the others you have listed.
I will get back to you soon through the other post.  What you are saying
does make sense.

Kind regards,
Mike

	PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided to assist with
break/fix
	issues and simple how to questions.
�	======================================================
	We also love to hear your product feedback!
	Let us know what you think by posting
	from the web interface: Partner Feedback
	from your newsreader:  microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback.
	We look forward to hearing from you!
that others
	may learn and benefit from this issue.
rights.

------=_NextPart_0001_2F85FEA1

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Hi Cindy,
\par
\par I will close this post as it is a duplicate of the others you have listed.  I will get back to you soon through the other post.  What you are saying does make sense.
[...]
------=_NextPart_0001_2F85FEA1--

0
mchristl

Using table field in Lookup Wizard
In a particular table I need to reference fields of that table to a Lookup Wizard in the same table. This is a genealogy database and there is a filed for parentMother and a field for parentFather, which should reference the unique key numbers of the proper entry, NULL is possible. However, the Lookup Wizard will not let me reference fields of the current table. I even tried writing a query on the ID and name fields, but the Lookup Wizard will not let me use a query that references the same table. This is with Access 2007 on a Windows XP installation. I must stress that I am n...

Update Table 04-20-07
I have a textbox (txtSkipNumber) in a form. The value in this textbox is 1 when I click on a command button (cmdEmpty) the value in the txtSkipNumber increase by 1 (i.e. will change to 2) when I go back into the table (tbl_SkipProcess) for this form there's only one entry and under the field name for Skip Number i.e the entry for Skip Number 1 has changed to 2. Any ideas how if I click on cmdEmpty a new entry is created in tbl_SkipProcess to allow for the new skip number? Thanks ...

Function Lookup
=IF(Routing_Count_04072010!A:A = "COB",Routing_Count_04072010!B:B,0) I can use the above as long as the fields do not change and it works perfectly. When the field moved on the new sheet. I still get a return of True and a value of 23. Which is correct; however, it show final result as 0. Is there another function I should be using. Basic Idea is if it finds the value of COB in Column A. It will return the Amount listed in Column B from the same Row. Thanks Try =IF(ISNUMBER(MATCH("COB",Routing_Count_04072010!A:A,0)),INDEX(B:B,MATCH("COB"...

select case from combobox and option group
I have an series of actions that need to be executed from differnt types of controls on 2 different forms one control is an option group, the second is a combobox (limit to list = yes) the commands had already been moved to a sub, SetPresetOptions(frm as Access.form) <call SetPresetOptions(me) > , which is located in the same module as the option group (and can be moved to a differnet module if needed) the code reads something like this: Select Case optSetPresetOptions case = 1 do something case = 2 dosomething else case = .... Ho...

Are attribute values case sensitive?
I know that elements and attribute names are case sensitive, but are the actual attribute values case sensitive when referred to from within an xsl stylesheet for example? Thanks, Kathy *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com *** Don't just participate in USENET...get rewarded for it! "Kathy Burke" <kathyburke40@attbi.com> wrote in message news:e$wBHf5iDHA.624@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > I know that elements and attribute names are case sensitive, but are the > actual attribute values case sensitive when referred to from within an > xsl styleshee...

Letter case problem
I try to use a lowercase letter i in a cell, just as a bale for a list of items, all by itself, and Excel insists on changing it to an uppercase I. It does not make any difference if I specify that the cell is text. In fact, nothing I have found solves this problem. Does anyone know how to make Excel behave in this case? "docbnj" <psboyer@patmedia.net> wrote in message news:1143390556.519705.230640@j33g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... >I try to use a lowercase letter i in a cell, just as a bale for a list > of items, all by itself, and Excel insists on changing it to an...

Access 2007 Lookup not returning records in Form
Hi. I created a db in 2007 version of Access using the "Projects" Template , however, saved as mdb file (I am the only one in my dept that has the higher version). I created a lookup field in a form which has a few subforms and contains all of my Projects from the Projects table. When I pick from the drop down list and select a different project, my form information does not reflect the fields associated with that project. It doesn't matter which Project I pick, the info stays the same. What is bizarre is that when I put the db on a shared area/server for others to ac...

Runtime Error 10-28-06
Hi, When i try to open system settings option in organizational setting its giving a runtime error - Contact your system Administrator- And more over i cannot access any menus of CRM From that Screen please help me to solve the issue Tony, are the reports working correctly? I think the problem is related to the Nt authority/network service that has to be added into the reportserver security. You will find additional information on following blog: http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.crm/browse_thread/thread/a1900e2de47ad949/232d5e1076b07dd9?lnk=gst&q=report+server+nt+au...

Case Lookup 04-21-06
Is there a way to prevent resolved cases from appearing in the case lookup? Specifically... Create an email in Outlook. Click the 'Track in CRM' button. Click the 'Regarding' button. Change the 'Look For' to Cases. Currently this lookup displays all cases with no restrictions. I would like to restrict this to only show active cases. ------=_NextPart_0001_2F86B88A Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Cindy, Thanks for the post. I will have to take a look at this to see if there is a way to filter the view. A quick glance at the issu...

How can I use fill hand to copy the fomula in this case?
Here is my fomula: B1: =sheet2!A1 B2: =sheet2!A4 B3: =sheet2!A7 B4: =sheet2!A11 ......... Is it possible to use fill handle to copy the fomula automatically in my case?, If so, how? Thanks. Sabrina I assume that B4 should read = sheet2!A10 with a help column in sheet1 enter the first function in B1 and fill that down the column enter in C column a series of 1<><>2<><>3<><>and extend that down th column do a sort on C column delete the surplus rows Sabrina Wrote: > Here is my fomula: > B1: =sheet2!A1 > B2: =sheet2!A4 > B3: =sheet2!A...

External lookups won't load
I have a workbook that references information from three external workbooks saved in different folders. When these external workbooks are closed the data won't update, and when I try to force it to I get '#VALUE!' errors for all fo the data it's trying to pull. However when I open the other workbooks then the cells wil update like they should. I need to get it so the table will update without having to open all of the files. It may be because of the volume of lookups. There are 2000 rows with 3 columns doing a search through one column of about 1000 rows in the external ...

Sending fax 04-14-04
Hi; I can send fax with the Outlook by writing "Fax-Server" to the to part and the fax-number to the to part of the Message as [021242345678]. Is it possible to create a e-mail template that does the same thing? Because I want to send fax to the list of customers... Alper Can You would need some additional software perhaps on the exchange box to pick up the email as being a fax then have it forwarded to a fax server. In short you would need an additional connector on exchange. As of now I am not aware of any such solution for CRM although I cna imagine it is only a matter of time...

change lower case text to upper case text
is it possible to change lower case text to upper case text in microsoft excel 2000 Yes, in an empty column enter =UPPER(A1) and copy down, in that column Copy > Paste Special > Values to lose the formulas, then Cut > Paste back to the original location. If you want to use code, see you Jimmy here, http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/proper.htm Regards, "rotty" <rotty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C15B5928-15B4-4AE6-8486-F86589685F77@microsoft.com... > is it possible to change lower case text to upper case text in microsoft > excel 2000 Y...

Using lookup function
Hi, I am trying to code a spdsht that can be used to monitor diskspace across multiple servers and logical drives per server. The data acquisition is complete and i have no problems automating the collection of the data using a wmi script and feeding it into excel and generated basic time vs diskspace charts. What i want to create is a simple dashboard style chart that will show any logical drive that is below a certain threshold to provide a clear visual warning to the operator. At the moment I have a simple min() function using if() to remove servers whose free space is great than ...

Customization
Hi there, I'm new to CRM and trying to customize it. I've got some question. I hope there's someone to help me out...please...:( 1. How can I rename the case status: Active and Resolved to Open and Closed? 2. I need to customize My Active Case View. When the user select the view, is there any way to show the shared cases? Thank you in advance, semaj ...

Lookup and Reference Lists
Here's the situation. In Sheet1 I have a list of about 1200 items in following format: T0000 ---- AAA 00000 BBB 11111 CCC 22222 T0001 ---- AAA 11111 DDD 33333 and so on. In Sheet2, as follows: T0000 T0500 T0700 AAA BBB CCC DDD T0003 T0100 T0900 T1000 T0350 AAA BBB CCC DDD There are about 300 of these blocks in Sheet2. And my task is to fill out the blank cells under each id numbers in Sheet2 with their corresponding values (if any) in Sheet1. I am fairly new to Excel and don't have a clue as to how to go about this...

perform dns lookup on incoming messages
Hi, Do I need to enable the "perform dns lookup on incoming messages" to be more secure? My domain01.local has no reverse dns but on my ISP I have one reverse ptr on my domain.com. Do I need to enable reverse dns on my domain01.local as well if I enable the above question? Please advise, Roto01 On Mon, 5 Feb 2007 09:10:02 -0800, Roto01 <Roto01@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > >Do I need to enable the "perform dns lookup on incoming messages" to be more >secure? That won't make you more secure, and that feature doesnt work the way it ...

Adding Data to a lookup column in a form
I have a lookup column I am using in form pulling data from table. When I add data into the lookup column it only appears in the table I am using in the form. I also want it to be added to the table that the lookup column is pulling the data from. How do I get it to be add to the lookup table in addition to the main table that the form is using? Hi Alaska1, Try one of the methods that Access MVP Allen Browne discusses here: Adding values to lookup tables http://www.allenbrowne.com/ser-27.html Say "hello" to Sarah for me! Tom Wickerath Microsoft Ac...

Find Cases by Case No
Hi there! Our Tech Dept wants to find quickly a Case by typing the Case No, but the default Search field for CRM searches by Title, which is not always easy to guess. Can we do something to change it, either unsupported or no? There is also the Advanced Find Utility, but can we make a shortcut for our Tech Dept which will have pre-selected the Case Object and, ideally, the Case No contains xxx row? Any ideas will be appreciated. Regards, Elena ...

e-mail 06-21-06
add a return to sender button without opening the e-mail ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=1082aa41-381a-4470-9172-92ca75e74398&dg=microsoft.public.crm ...

Merge cases / items into cases
Hi, With Dynamics CRM 3.0, is it possible to either merge cases in their entirety, or merge additional items into a case? By additional items I mean, for example, I have an ongoing case with a customer but then they send me a new email (that doesn't have the CRM tags) - can I merge that email into the existing case? Cheers. You can append the email to the case (providing the case is still open). To do this, set the Regarding field of the email -- David Jennaway - Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP Web: http://www.excitation.co.uk Blog: http://mscrmuk.blogspot.com/ "Wayno" wrote: ...

CRM 4.0 Cases
I am new to crm 4.0 was wondering if anyone can help with the following 2 points: a) Under Services -> Cases -> New, the Customers field is mandatory. I have a situation where a customer name/address information is not available but I need to add a case anyway. Is there a way to make this field non-mandatory? OR if I add a "Blank" customer is there a way to automatically add this customer upon saving the record provided it is blank when saving? b) Again under Services -> Cases -> New, if the customer you wish to enter is not on the database already, i.e. a new cust...

Error when reactivating cases
I have applied rollup 2, but am still getting this error when trying to reactivate any case: Unhandled Execution Error Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Source Error: An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stac...

Grouping contacts 09-28-04
Is there any way to create groups of contacts? Aside from adding them to Companies (Accounts), can they by added to multiple groups? For example, I may want to create a distribution list for all contacts that like wine, and another one for all contacts that receive the annual newsletter. One contact may be a member of both of these groups. I can't see any way of doing this in CRM, even though almost all Contact Management systems I have seen allow this (pretty basic) functionality. Any ideas? Nish Patel Cambridge Mercantile Corp. Hi Nish, You have 2 options here. 1. An ...

Bank Reconciliation 09-06-10
In the process of starting to use the Bank Reconciliation module we were advised to remove 'unused receipts'. I am getting an error message 'You cannot post. The fiscal period that contains the posting date has not been set up.' The transactions pertain to 2007, the deposit date is current. I have used the option before for 2007 transactions with another checkbook and it posted without any errors. I found myself in this same situation, unfortunately our support people did not provide much help. I got the 'unused receipts' done, eventually! "r...