Case ID v/s Email tracking token

CRMers,

When you create a case for a support email, by default the generated
case id is of the form CAS-number-suffix. When a support person replies
to the email, the CRM system automatically adds an email tracking token
to the subject line. This email tracking token is not the same as the
case id.

Questions:
1. Why can't the email tracking token be the same as the case id? Won't
it make sense to use case id to track emails for a given support case?
2. Even if they are different, how can I disable automatic placement of
tracking token on the subject line? We do not wish to confuse the
customers with two tokens. The case ID should be the only token.

When I open a support case with Microsoft, the standard "new case
acknowledgement" email that I receive from Microsoft actually has the
case id and not the email tracking id. This is the way it should be.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Pradeep

0
Pradeep
4/23/2006 7:53:23 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

The email tracking token and the case id differ because email tracking is
also used for emails which are not related to cases but forinstance are
related to quotes.

You can disable the email tracking by going to Settings > Organization
Settings > System Settings, tab E-mail tracking and choose no for the Track
e-mail option. This should remove any token from new mail conversations.

"Pradeep" wrote:

> CRMers,
>
> When you create a case for a support email, by default the generated
> case id is of the form CAS-number-suffix. When a support person replies
> to the email, the CRM system automatically adds an email tracking token
> to the subject line. This email tracking token is not the same as the
> case id.
>
> Questions:
> 1. Why can't the email tracking token be the same as the case id? Won't
> it make sense to use case id to track emails for a given support case?
> 2. Even if they are different, how can I disable automatic placement of
> tracking token on the subject line? We do not wish to confuse the
> customers with two tokens. The case ID should be the only token.
>
> When I open a support case with Microsoft, the standard "new case
> acknowledgement" email that I receive from Microsoft actually has the
> case id and not the email tracking id. This is the way it should be.
>
> Thank you in advance for your help.
>
> Pradeep

Patrick,

Thank you for your help. I just wish to understand the effect of not
tracking the email.

When the customer replies to a support email, the email is sent to the
support person directly and not to the support queue. As tracking is
turned off, it will never show up in CRM and will be available only in
Outlook. This implies that all of our support persons must run CRM
Outlook client. Besides this, the support person would also need to do
the following things:

1. need to explicitly click on "Track in CRM" button from Outlook.
2. need to explicitly attach the support case to the email.

Did I miss any other drawback of not tracking the email automatically?

Appreciate your help.

Pradeep

0
Pradeep

Event ID 2887
I've been getting this error since we upgraded the domain controllers to server 2008. After enabling the detailed logging I get event ID 2887 about every 3 minutes from my Mac computers: The following client performed a SASL (Negotiate/Kerberos/NTLM/Digest) LDAP bind without requesting signing (integrity verification), or performed a simple bind over a cleartext (non-SSL/TLS-encrypted) LDAP connection. Client IP address: 207.157.74.96:49660 Identity the client attempted to authenticate as: NSSTC-UAH\christymac$ We've tried forcing them to digitally sign their LDAP ...

Microsoft Word
I have created a new Microsoft Word Form and would like to insert at the bottom a simple button or link the user can press when the form has been completed which will automatically insert the completed form into an email(as an attachment) ready to be sent. How can I accomplish this? Thanks in advance. -- KPFDCO3 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ KPFDCO3's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/222188.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/ms-office-support/1338781.htm http://forums.techarena.in ...

Email Messages disappearing
I have my email (Microsoft Outlook on Microsoft XP) set up to go to specific folders dependent on who sends it. Well, there are messages unread in certain folders it will have a number next to it. Well, I'll click on the folder and the number changes. Not one number but multiple. Like it says there are 5 messages in the folder unread, I'll click on it and then it says one and the other 4 messages are missing. I don't know what is causing this. Rachel rachel <rachel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have my email (Microsoft Outlook on Microsoft XP) set up t...

How to make the title bars in MDI's MainFrame and ChildFrame narrower?
I want to have as much space for multiple views in MDI application. The title bar for each child frame (plus the title bar for MainFrame itself ) take too much space. I removed the title bar for a child frame by removing WS_CAPTION in window style - however the children/views do not want to tile in this approach. At least, is there any way to squeeze the width to absolute minimum, for both ChildFrame and MainFrame? I use MFC 6.0 on WinXP. You cant get away without painting the Nonclient area yourself if you want to do this. You will need to override NCCalcSize as well. Its a good amou...

Urgent! "Query builder Error: No entity" message in the workflow s
Hello, I think I deleted an entity which was referenced by a workflow, and now whenever I go in the SETUP\Workflow screen I get a "Query Builder Error: No entity" message. I can't even access the workflow list. Do you guys have any solution to this problem? Thanks 1) Restore your database from a backup from before you deleted the entity 2) Import a customizations.xml file backed up from before you deleted the entity 3) Try re-creating the deleted entity, with the same name, and manually hack the database to set the entity type code (something like 10001) to the same a...

select case from combobox and option group
I have an series of actions that need to be executed from differnt types of controls on 2 different forms one control is an option group, the second is a combobox (limit to list = yes) the commands had already been moved to a sub, SetPresetOptions(frm as Access.form) <call SetPresetOptions(me) > , which is located in the same module as the option group (and can be moved to a differnet module if needed) the code reads something like this: Select Case optSetPresetOptions case = 1 do something case = 2 dosomething else case = .... Ho...

Sometimes can't save with Wizard's Save button
I need to replace the DoMenuItem command below: DoCmd.DoMenuItem _ acFormBar, _ acRecordsMenu, _ acSaveRecord, , _ acMenuVer70 With something that will update the record with all the fields that have changed. Maybe a loop or somthing that will cycle through all the controls on the form that have a control source. The reason is the DoCmd.DoMenuItem method is causing all Access (2003) clients to get locked out of certain blocks of records and I can't seem to find any answer why. The reason I want something that will loop through the controls is because I am using th...

Are attribute values case sensitive?
I know that elements and attribute names are case sensitive, but are the actual attribute values case sensitive when referred to from within an xsl stylesheet for example? Thanks, Kathy *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com *** Don't just participate in USENET...get rewarded for it! "Kathy Burke" <kathyburke40@attbi.com> wrote in message news:e$wBHf5iDHA.624@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > I know that elements and attribute names are case sensitive, but are the > actual attribute values case sensitive when referred to from within an > xsl styleshee...

Incoming Emails
Hello, We installed the CRM1.2 on the same server with exchange. Everything is working fine except that the CRM users can not see incoming emails inside CRM although these emails are CRM emails. Can anybody tell what is the reason of that? Regards, Khalid Do you have installed the Router? The Router is a bridge=20 between the Exchange and the CRM who study the incoming=20 flow of emails and copy to the CRM everything who is of=20 the CRM. I hope who that help you.=20 []'s Vin=EDcius Pitta Lima de Ara=FAjo >-----Original Message----- >Hello, > We installed the CRM1.2 o...

Not recieving emails...
I have established an email account with Windows email and linked my yahoo email account. I can send messages yet I do not recieve the test messages to my Windows Mail account they do go to my Yahoo account but not to my Windows Mail inbox. I do not know what to do. Looked for answers on Windows website but did not find what I was looking for can someone please help me. Also when I click on the Send/Recieve tab it has me log in to my email account and then does not take login. Yet the account works. I do not understand. Thanks Jim It is a Yahoo Plus account - right? You must...

SOP Site ID
We have different Sites, but every single item is only assigned to one site. In SOP transactions you can define a default site and you can change the site per line item. Is it possible to get the assigned site automatically per line item, because not every order entry clerck knows the site per item. Thanks, Toni Not without a modification. Why do you have your items split up like this? -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books at http://www.AccoladePublications.com "Toni&quo...

Event ID 8263
Has anyone come across this problem in Exchange2003 on Server 2003 Standard: Event Type: Warning Event Source: EXCDO Event Category: General Event ID: 8263 Date: 10/26/2005 Time: 9:59:10 AM User: N/A Computer: EXCHANGE Description: The recurring appointment expansion in mailbox User Name has taken too long. Some recurring appointment instances may not be visible at this time. To ensure that the calendar view is correct, please refresh the calendar view in Microsoft Outlook Web Access. *** This message is in the Application Log on my exchange server when an end user is accessing, from ...

Outlook 2002 profile(s) question (on 98SE)
I recently started using Outlook (2002) to sync a PDA with Pocket PC on it. I had no problems with my first install. I could open Outlook without it requesting a profile. As a result I never looked at the profile 'situation'. I had a lot of sync problems and general problems with my PDA. I thought they might be related to Outlook 2002, so I uninstalled and reinstalled. After doing so, I had the, evidently, well known PSTPRX.dll problem, requiring that I make another profile. At that time I discovered that there were already two profiles. One was named Outlook and the othe...

Email Issues
Just got Windows 7 on a new computer and decided to try the live mail. Having trouble since day one! I have been intermittenly able to send or receive email -- more often I can't. Sometimes I get an error message that says my virus software may be the cause. Called the virus people - they said to uninstall and reinstall virus software, it may have been due to an update. Tried that. Sometimes it says server response is the problem. Can someone tell me how to fix this? LIz schrieb: > Just got Windows 7 on a new computer and decided to try the live mail. > Havin...

Can "Out of Office" calendar items switch on automatic email repli
I am fairly sure there is not a standard way to do this, but does anyone know of a not so standard way? The scenario: I've booked an appointment as all day and/or "out of office" and Outlook switches on/off automatic replies for me for that duration. Solution: ? Obviously I would want to tailor the message for each appointment, probably at the time I set the meeting, with the option to change/cancel when I get a reminder for the meeting. Am I asking too much :) Version of Office? Type of mail account? "voxstealth" <voxstealth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote...

Outlook-Earthlink's Webmail interface
I have been using Earthlink's webmail as a spamblocker. Mail used to go to webmail, safe mail would automatically go to my Outlook Inbox. I also recieved a daily email directing to the webmail site to go through my suspected spam. But after installing Windows XP, everything remains in the webmail system. I noticed there are security settings in Outlook similar to webmail. Do I need webmail? If so, how do I make Outlook my default mail handler? Thanks. Karen On Sat, 24 Apr 2004 15:14:14 -0700, <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have been using Earthlink'...

Cleaning-up emails before Forwarding problem.
XP Pro SP3 - IE8 - MS Office 2003 - all updates installed. Many of the emails I receive from some friends have been forwarded multiple times. As a result, there are a series of email Headers, complete with all of the email addresses of previous recipients, in the body of the email. Not wanting to continue broadcasting these email addresses, and to make the email easier to read, I have always 'cleaned-up' these emails before I forward them to my other friends. In the past (prior to upgrading to SP3 and IE8), I would select 'Forward' and the result would be a copy...

MSCRM Bulk Email Service Error
I am trying to have a workflow email a user that a lead has been assigned to them. The workflow Monitor says it has run, but it never comes through. I have read that you need to have the Bulk Email Service running, but when I enable it and start it I get the following error. Any Suggestions? The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( CrmBulkMailService ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Hel...

Auto Delivery of emails
have a customer who is obtaining emails from another user in his company. Spoke to both users. Neither does not recall how this occurred. The first user "had" an assistant who 'did something' so that when he and she were at a conference had his emails forwarded to the second but his secretary died recently and he does not know what she did. I checked his outlook for delegation....none. I checked his mailbox on exchange for Delivery Options and none exists...yet, the other user still gets the first users mail forwarded....all his emails. The first user "gets&q...

outlook account/email after XP 'upgrade'
I'm looking for advice. I just reinstalled XP Pro using the 'upgrade' option to preserve my programs and settings, etc.. The upgrade seemed to go OK, but now when I run outlook it has no knowledge of my previously working account, and no knowledge of any of my email. Any advice on how to get access to the previous email accounts/email? Thanks, Rob ...

Setting child text value to custom property on parent in grouped s
Have a shape that is comprised of a group of two shapes, a text field and an image. On the parent shape I have a custom property field with “Ask on drop” toggled on. Is it possible to set the value of the child text field to be the entered value of the parent custom property field? If so, how do I do this? TIA Hi UKD, You need enter a more complicated formula in the Insert > Field dialog -- the sub-shape's text needs to do a "cross-sheet refernence" to get to the group's prop-value. Try this: 1. Get the group's SheetID by selecting the group, choosing For...

Case Lookup 04-21-06
Is there a way to prevent resolved cases from appearing in the case lookup? Specifically... Create an email in Outlook. Click the 'Track in CRM' button. Click the 'Regarding' button. Change the 'Look For' to Cases. Currently this lookup displays all cases with no restrictions. I would like to restrict this to only show active cases. ------=_NextPart_0001_2F86B88A Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Cindy, Thanks for the post. I will have to take a look at this to see if there is a way to filter the view. A quick glance at the issu...

Retreiving deleted email
Can anone help me? I recently, about one or or two days ago, I deleted some very important letters and correspondence in Outlook express using hotmail as my mail. Is there a trick to retrieving these deleted files..please someone must know? Thank you all in advance. Steve There is no trick. With hotmail, if it is gone, it cannot be recovered. "Steve martinez" <stever533@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ce2e01c48a5f$33a36910$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Can anone help me? > I recently, about one or or two days ago, I deleted some > very important letters and correspond...

Unit Of Measure inventory v. purchasing
I have a unit of measure schedule setup for a product that we purchase in Rolls, but use in our Manuf. Bill Of Materials in Feet. I have the correct equivelents setup and the purchasing defaults etc. When I recv. a PO for the item I enter the recpt. U of M as Rolls and it automatically does the calculation to feet and shows the number of feet in our inventory. But I would like our inventory to show in rolls not in feet. Is this possible or will the inventory always show the quantity in the Base U of M?? -- Thanks Knavas ...

email accounts #4
Out look no longer is allowing me to change default settings i.e., email accounts. And at the same time it only checks for mail on the default account and will not check on the second account... (Outlook express works just fine)... ...