Case filled out from SharePoint

I need to have a simple form my users fill out to submit a case.  This would
include the Business Required fields on the CRM Case form.  Is there an easy
way to do this using SharePoint?

In other words, the user would go to the SharePoint site, click a link to
"Submit a Support Request".  This would open a form (Infopath perhaps?)
where they fill in a few simple items, click submit, and a new CRM Case is
created.  This then would fire any pertinent workflows as if the case had
been created from within CRM itself.

I'm aware there are 3rd party solutions out there but would prefer to do
this without spending an arm and 2 legs.

Thank you,

Neil

0
Neil
4/17/2006 4:59:52 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

easily done...just create a web part page in SharePoint and then put a
"web page viewer" webpart on that page and then open up a new case form
in CRM...hit f11 so yu get the form url, use that url in the page
viewer web part and voila...you're in business.

0
SteveT
4/17/2006 5:51:42 PM
Great tip - one thing I should have mentioned however is - many of the
internal people we support are not CRM users - this won't work for them I
believe...

Any other thoughts?

Thanks!

Neil

"SteveT" <drumguy61-google@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> easily done...just create a web part page in SharePoint and then put a
> "web page viewer" webpart on that page and then open up a new case form
> in CRM...hit f11 so yu get the form url, use that url in the page
> viewer web part and voila...you're in business.

0
Neil
4/17/2006 6:00:14 PM
Nice... sounds very easy too. But what if my Portal was an extranet. In other
words, I have a form for "new users" to fill in to register, and I want that
account setup in CRM as well... How secure would that be? would my internal
contacts and data be exposed to the public or these new users?

Thanks,
Doug

"Neil" wrote:

> Great tip - one thing I should have mentioned however is - many of the
> internal people we support are not CRM users - this won't work for them I
> believe...
>
> Any other thoughts?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Neil
>
> "SteveT" <drumguy61-google@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > easily done...just create a web part page in SharePoint and then put a
> > "web page viewer" webpart on that page and then open up a new case form
> > in CRM...hit f11 so yu get the form url, use that url in the page
> > viewer web part and voila...you're in business.

How delete items in auto fill-in?
It is about Auto Fill-in feature. How do I erase some items that show when I am filling out a sweeps form etc? I have old zip codes I want to delete etc. How do I delete ones with wrong spellings etc ? ...

select case from combobox and option group
I have an series of actions that need to be executed from differnt types of controls on 2 different forms one control is an option group, the second is a combobox (limit to list = yes) the commands had already been moved to a sub, SetPresetOptions(frm as Access.form) <call SetPresetOptions(me) > , which is located in the same module as the option group (and can be moved to a differnet module if needed) the code reads something like this: Select Case optSetPresetOptions case = 1 do something case = 2 dosomething else case = .... Ho...

Are attribute values case sensitive?
I know that elements and attribute names are case sensitive, but are the actual attribute values case sensitive when referred to from within an xsl stylesheet for example? Thanks, Kathy *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com *** Don't just participate in USENET...get rewarded for it! "Kathy Burke" <kathyburke40@attbi.com> wrote in message news:e$wBHf5iDHA.624@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > I know that elements and attribute names are case sensitive, but are the > actual attribute values case sensitive when referred to from within an > xsl styleshee...

Sharepoint (WSS) and RPC over HTTPS
Hi, did somebody know if this works, are Supported and perhaps some start point to learn ? Thanks What are you trying to achieve? SharePoint is a web based application interface. You can simply setup https directly. -- Daniel A. Galant Imagine what we could be... if we could just imagine. "mv" <mv@mv.mv> wrote in message news:OeZPJ5IrKHA.728@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Hi, did somebody know if this works, are Supported and perhaps some start > point to learn ? Thanks ------=_NextPart_0001_C50D9049 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Enc...

Filling without copying border settings?
Is there a way to Fill-Down or Fill-Right in Excel without affecting borders? I have written macros to do such things but I end up using Excel on so many computers that I am compelled to see if there is a simpiler solution? Often I have a preformated form, and I end up having to reformat cells because the border outline ends up either getting removed or copied into interior cells. Hi David, With the Ctrl key depressed, drag with the right mouse key - you will see options to Fill Values or to Fill Formats. --- Regards, Norman "davidd31415" <davidd31415@yahoo.com> wro...

A form to be filled in and then to be used for a query
Hi ! I'm using MS Access 2003. In my table I have yes/no fields F1 to FN. In my query I want to select records from this table according to the values of F1, ... , FN. I want to use an entry form for specifying my query. My entry form will have checkboxes for specifying the values of F1, ..., FN. A record is to be selected from my table whenever it has "yes" values for all fields checked in the entry form. (Unchecked fields are ignored .) To carry out the query, I would like to check the values in the entry form, then push a button to have another form show up which display...

Case Lookup 04-21-06
Is there a way to prevent resolved cases from appearing in the case lookup? Specifically... Create an email in Outlook. Click the 'Track in CRM' button. Click the 'Regarding' button. Change the 'Look For' to Cases. Currently this lookup displays all cases with no restrictions. I would like to restrict this to only show active cases. ------=_NextPart_0001_2F86B88A Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Cindy, Thanks for the post. I will have to take a look at this to see if there is a way to filter the view. A quick glance at the issu...

Letter case problem
I try to use a lowercase letter i in a cell, just as a bale for a list of items, all by itself, and Excel insists on changing it to an uppercase I. It does not make any difference if I specify that the cell is text. In fact, nothing I have found solves this problem. Does anyone know how to make Excel behave in this case? "docbnj" <psboyer@patmedia.net> wrote in message news:1143390556.519705.230640@j33g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... >I try to use a lowercase letter i in a cell, just as a bale for a list > of items, all by itself, and Excel insists on changing it to an...

How can I use fill hand to copy the fomula in this case?
Here is my fomula: B1: =sheet2!A1 B2: =sheet2!A4 B3: =sheet2!A7 B4: =sheet2!A11 ......... Is it possible to use fill handle to copy the fomula automatically in my case?, If so, how? Thanks. Sabrina I assume that B4 should read = sheet2!A10 with a help column in sheet1 enter the first function in B1 and fill that down the column enter in C column a series of 1<><>2<><>3<><>and extend that down th column do a sort on C column delete the surplus rows Sabrina Wrote: > Here is my fomula: > B1: =sheet2!A1 > B2: =sheet2!A4 > B3: =sheet2!A...

change lower case text to upper case text
is it possible to change lower case text to upper case text in microsoft excel 2000 Yes, in an empty column enter =UPPER(A1) and copy down, in that column Copy > Paste Special > Values to lose the formulas, then Cut > Paste back to the original location. If you want to use code, see you Jimmy here, http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/proper.htm Regards, "rotty" <rotty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C15B5928-15B4-4AE6-8486-F86589685F77@microsoft.com... > is it possible to change lower case text to upper case text in microsoft > excel 2000 Y...

How do I get auto fill to do decending numbers in a column?
I am trying to get excel to do decending numbers from 50 to 1 in a column and no matter what I try it still will not do it. What am I doing wrong? Hi one way, type 50 in the first cell, underneath it type 49, then select both cells, now go to the fill handle on the 49 and drag down. Cheers JulieD "oesqueen" <oesqueen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:082D4471-39F1-41E1-B50C-5420B18526BF@microsoft.com... >I am trying to get excel to do decending numbers from 50 to 1 in a column >and > no matter what I try it still will not do it. What am I doing...

Customization
Hi there, I'm new to CRM and trying to customize it. I've got some question. I hope there's someone to help me out...please...:( 1. How can I rename the case status: Active and Resolved to Open and Closed? 2. I need to customize My Active Case View. When the user select the view, is there any way to show the shared cases? Thank you in advance, semaj ...

Find Cases by Case No
Hi there! Our Tech Dept wants to find quickly a Case by typing the Case No, but the default Search field for CRM searches by Title, which is not always easy to guess. Can we do something to change it, either unsupported or no? There is also the Advanced Find Utility, but can we make a shortcut for our Tech Dept which will have pre-selected the Case Object and, ideally, the Case No contains xxx row? Any ideas will be appreciated. Regards, Elena ...

Search the CRM from Sharepoint
Hi, i just have a question. Is there a Way to search trough the CRM 3.0 with the Sharepoint Portal Server 2003 Search? Crawling through the web Adress of the CRM does not work. It just returns the redirection Page of the CRM from which you're being redirected to the CRM main Page Perhaps a plug in or something like that? tank's, Marc This can be done, check out this article: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnmbscrm3/html/mbs_crmServicePortal.asp -- David Wasserman www.grandconsult.com "Marc-Michael Hohensteiner" wrote: > Hi...

Merge cases / items into cases
Hi, With Dynamics CRM 3.0, is it possible to either merge cases in their entirety, or merge additional items into a case? By additional items I mean, for example, I have an ongoing case with a customer but then they send me a new email (that doesn't have the CRM tags) - can I merge that email into the existing case? Cheers. You can append the email to the case (providing the case is still open). To do this, set the Regarding field of the email -- David Jennaway - Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP Web: http://www.excitation.co.uk Blog: http://mscrmuk.blogspot.com/ "Wayno" wrote: ...

How to get a warning message when less than 16 words are filled in
I am looking for a way in Excel 2000 to have a warning message when someone fills in less than 16 words in a cell. Is this possible? Earlier I received the following advice: Use this formula in Data > Validation > Settings > Custom > Formulas: IF(LEN(A1)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(A1," ",""))+1<15,"Minimum of 15 words","") In which A1 is the cell that should contain more than 15 words. However, this does not seem to work. No matter what number of words are filled in in cell A1, there always is an error message. Does anyone know of a way to do this...

fill column
How do I fill a column with sequential numbers [1 to 400] in an Access table that I can copy and paste to another Access table? No auto-number. Thanks, Mac Lloyd This might strike you as a rather round-about way, but it's fairly simple. Open an Excel spreadsheet. Create your column of sequential numbers. Close and save. Open Access. Import the spreadsheet you just made as a table. (now that you know how, are you willing to let us know "why"? What will having 400 sequential numbers in a table in Access allow you to do?) Regards Jeff Boyce Mic...

CRM 4.0 Cases
I am new to crm 4.0 was wondering if anyone can help with the following 2 points: a) Under Services -> Cases -> New, the Customers field is mandatory. I have a situation where a customer name/address information is not available but I need to add a case anyway. Is there a way to make this field non-mandatory? OR if I add a "Blank" customer is there a way to automatically add this customer upon saving the record provided it is blank when saving? b) Again under Services -> Cases -> New, if the customer you wish to enter is not on the database already, i.e. a new cust...

Error when reactivating cases
I have applied rollup 2, but am still getting this error when trying to reactivate any case: Unhandled Execution Error Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Source Error: An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stac...

Resolve Case, Resolution Type Field (Need more options)
I need to add more options to the Resolution Type Field (There is only the PROBLEM SOLVED option) and i can't find where , It seems to be a Pickup list but the form Resolve Case and its fields do not appear anywhere, Please let me know how can i do this if somebody knows it.... -- cB - Thanks in advance I'm having the same issue! "cB" wrote: > I need to add more options to the Resolution Type Field (There is only the > PROBLEM SOLVED option) and i can't find where , It seems to be a Pickup list > but the form Resolve Case and its fields do not appear...

Calculating a value in a form that fills in the original table
I use a form that has 2 subforms. In one of the subforms I type in a product number, which automatically brings up the value of that product. Then I tab over to enter the quantity. I wanted the form to automatically fill in the total price (quantity x unit price) when I enter the quantity, which I was able to get it to do by going to properties, but what it doesn't do is fill that value (total price) into the table that lists the total price. It does fill it in if I do not have that formula in the form and I just enter the total price by hand. Is there anyway to set it up to au...

upper case
Hi,experts I am looking for a sample code to convert a range of lower case cells for example (b2:b10) to upper case or define something to my userform textbox to do that, any help would be appreciated For Each cell In Range("B2:B10") cell.Value = UCase(cell.Value) Next cell -- HTH Bob (there's no email, no snail mail, but somewhere should be gmail in my addy) "bijan" <bijan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B8432D2D-322E-4860-9BBE-A82F4E392798@microsoft.com... > Hi,experts > I am looking for a sample code to convert a range of lo...

From Lower Case to Upper Case
I know Excel is not supposed to be a Word Processing program. Nevertheless, I have a lot of text on a work sheet that is all upper case. Is there a quick fix for converting upper case to lower case without exporting it to another application, changing the case and importing it back again. Thank you for any help here. Jerry You can enter this formula in a blank cell: =UPPER(A1) to convert whatever is in A1 to upper case, and then copy the formula down the column for as many entries as there are in column A. You can do this for other columns as necessary and then fix the values usin...

Case Reports; Average Case Turnaround Time and Number of Cases by
Case Reports; Average Case Turnaround Time and Number of Cases by Owner Y axis only shows zeroes even when bar chart represents a value and owner has multiple cases logged??? Does anyone know why this is happening and if there is a fix? "Sorcha" wrote: > Case Reports; Average Case Turnaround Time and Number of Cases by Owner > > Y axis only shows zeroes even when bar chart represents a value and owner > has multiple cases logged??? Hi Sorcha, I'd like to understand exactly what you're seeing and why this is happening and have a few questions. Have you c...

View all cases for an account
Hi all, Does anyone know if you can view the list of all cases for a account, even if the case has been allocated to contacts within an account. Thanks, Dre Hi Andre, Unfortunately this is not a standard function of MS CRM. Please have a look at www.c360.com . Several AddOns are available. I think the "c360 Activity Summary for Microsoft CRM" fixes your problem. Klaus "Andre Boyle" <andre@with.us> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:%23MEwfvFrEHA.3608@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Hi all, > > Does anyone know if you can view the list of all cases for a acc...