Case Emails

 I want to write an email template which will be sent information to a third
party (account & contact) to notify them about the service case from within a
Case activity.
I find that using workflow always put the email to the client, which I
really dont want to do.
Using templates to drop into an email (activity) I am opening seems to only
give me access to global and account templates rather than case based
templates I require.

I can write the template easily as a Case template, but how do I access it?

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi Jeff,

To access case template from an email activity you would need to set the
regarding of the email activity to the Case with which you would want the
mail sent.

But using the Case Template in your scenario might not work most probably.
When you create a case template, if you intend to use "Account" or "Contact"
in your template, it would refer to the Account/contact associated with the
case and not the 3rd Party you are trying to email. So it would say "Hi
Adrian(contact associated with case)" instead of "Hi Alan(the user you want
to send the mail to)"

We had developed a custom solution for one of our clients where we they had
to send an email for a custom entity and wanted information from that custom
entitiy merged. We could provide you with a similar custom solution if your
are interested.

Sam
_______________
Inogic
Innovative Logic
Innovative solutions for your SME ERP/CRM products
E-mail: crm@inogic.com
Web: www.inogic.com
--------------------------

"technojeff" <technojeff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I want to write an email template which will be sent information to a
> third
> party (account & contact) to notify them about the service case from
> within a
> Case activity.
> I find that using workflow always put the email to the client, which I
> really dont want to do.
> Using templates to drop into an email (activity) I am opening seems to
> only
> give me access to global and account templates rather than case based
> templates I require.
>
> I can write the template easily as a Case template, but how do I access
> it?

0
Sam
8/31/2007 4:23:05 AM
Sam,
I have checked the "regarding" within the activity, but when I try to insert
a template, I definately only get access to Global and account templates, and
not the Case templates (of which I have 4 set up.) What I have found is that
I can select the case templates when the list of accounts is on the screen.
By selecting any record, but not opening it, I can select the appropriate
template which it immediately attempts to send. Unfortunately, I do get a
system error message to te3ll me that the CRM buk email isn't available. I
would like to know, is, if this is the approach you take, and should I get
the bulk email service implemented.

"Sam - Inogic" wrote:

> Hi Jeff,
>
> To access case template from an email activity you would need to set the
> regarding of the email activity to the Case with which you would want the
> mail sent.
>
> But using the Case Template in your scenario might not work most probably.
> When you create a case template, if you intend to use "Account" or "Contact"
> in your template, it would refer to the Account/contact associated with the
> case and not the 3rd Party you are trying to email. So it would say "Hi
> Adrian(contact associated with case)" instead of "Hi Alan(the user you want
> to send the mail to)"
>
> We had developed a custom solution for one of our clients where we they had
> to send an email for a custom entity and wanted information from that custom
> entitiy merged. We could provide you with a similar custom solution if your
> are interested.
>
> Sam
> _______________
> Inogic
> Innovative Logic
> Innovative solutions for your SME ERP/CRM products
> E-mail: crm@inogic.com
> Web: www.inogic.com
> --------------------------
>

> "technojeff" <technojeff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I want to write an email template which will be sent information to a
> > third
> > party (account & contact) to notify them about the service case from
> > within a
> > Case activity.
> > I find that using workflow always put the email to the client, which I
> > really dont want to do.
> > Using templates to drop into an email (activity) I am opening seems to
> > only
> > give me access to global and account templates rather than case based
> > templates I require.
> >
> > I can write the template easily as a Case template, but how do I access
> > it?

Hi Jeff,

If the regarding of the activity is associated with a case and you have case
templates created not sure why they dont show up to you. You say the account
templates show up. For account templates to show up did you select the
account in the from or To of the email?

I am not very clear with the second part of your mail regarding the template
selection and immideate sending of the mail. May be if you could give the
steps followed we would get a better idea to your problem.

Sam
_______________

> [...]
>> Innovative solutions for your SME ERP/CRM products
>> E-mail: crm@inogic.com
>> Web: www.inogic.com
>> --------------------------
>>

>> "technojeff" <technojeff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > I want to write an email template which will be sent information to a
>> > third
>> > party (account & contact) to notify them about the service case from
>> > within a
>> > Case activity.
>> > I find that using workflow always put the email to the client, which I
>> > really dont want to do.
>> > Using templates to drop into an email (activity) I am opening seems to
>> > only
>> > give me access to global and account templates rather than case based
>> > templates I require.
>> >
>> > I can write the template easily as a Case template, but how do I access

0
Sam
8/31/2007 10:37:32 AM
My initial approach was to open the case - create a new activity (email) This
automatically populate the regarding to the the appropriate case.
The email "to" is set to either an account  or a contact (when the global
and contact templates may be selected.
In our implementation I only have the opportunity to select  Account;
Contact; Lead; Queue; User.   I then try to use the "insert template" button
within the email form. Whichever one I chose, I only get access to the global
and appropriate template types associated to the TO field.) I am still unable
to select the case templates.

My second approach is based on the actives cases list. I can highlight the
appropriate case. I then select the "use direct email" button whcih opens a
dialogue where I can chose to send a template to the selected account. I can
select case templates from this dialogue. I then hget an error message which
is probably my implementation and need to enable the bulk email.

I general, I wanted to do this within the case as an activity. (initial
approach) However, if I can get the second method working, I can use this as
a work around. All the data I need to send is found within the case record.

"Sam - Inogic" wrote:

> [...]
> >> the
> >> case and not the 3rd Party you are trying to email. So it would say "Hi
> >> Adrian(contact associated with case)" instead of "Hi Alan(the user you
> >> want
> >> to send the mail to)"
> >>
> >> We had developed a custom solution for one of our clients where we they
> >> had
> >> to send an email for a custom entity and wanted information from that
> >> custom
> >> entitiy merged. We could provide you with a similar custom solution if
> >> your
> >> are interested.
> >>
> >> Sam
> >> _______________
> >> Inogic
> >> Innovative Logic
> >> Innovative solutions for your SME ERP/CRM products

hi jeff

>My initial approach was to open the case - create a new activity (email)
>This
> automatically populate the regarding to the the appropriate case.
> The email "to" is set to either an account  or a contact (when the global
> and contact templates may be selected.
> In our implementation I only have the opportunity to select  Account;
> Contact; Lead; Queue; User.   I then try to use the "insert template"
> button
> within the email form. Whichever one I chose, I only get access to the
> global
> and appropriate template types associated to the TO field.) I am still
> unable
> to select the case templates.

In the above scenario when you click on Insert Template, you should be
prompted with "Select Template Target" dialog box. This would show you the
case  and the entity that you have chosen in "To" and the Templates
displayed would be based on one you select from the list in the Template
Target dialog box.

Hope this helps!

Sam
_______________

> [...]
>> > Sam,
>> > I have checked the "regarding" within the activity, but when I try to
>> > insert
>> > a template, I definately only get access to Global and account
>> > templates,
>> > and
>> > not the Case templates (of which I have 4 set up.) What I have found is
>> > that
>> > I can select the case templates when the list of accounts is on the
>> > screen.
>> > By selecting any record, but not opening it, I can select the
>> > appropriate
>> > template which it immediately attempts to send. Unfortunately, I do get
>> > system error message to te3ll me that the CRM buk email isn't
>> > available. I
>> > would like to know, is, if this is the approach you take, and should I

0
Sam
9/3/2007 4:32:16 AM
I wish it did, even when I start from within the case and the "to" is the
account, for some strage reason my implemetation deoesn't let me select a
case template.

I am stuck!

"Sam - Inogic" wrote:

> [...]
> > record.
> >
> > "Sam - Inogic" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi Jeff,
> >>
> >> If the regarding of the activity is associated with a case and you have
> >> case
> >> templates created not sure why they dont show up to you. You say the
> >> account
> >> templates show up. For account templates to show up did you select the
> >> account in the from or To of the email?
> >>
> >> I am not very clear with the second part of your mail regarding the
> >> template
> >> selection and immideate sending of the mail. May be if you could give the
> >> steps followed we would get a better idea to your problem.
> >>
> >> Sam
> >> _______________
> >> Inogic
> >> Innovative Logic
> >> Innovative solutions for your SME ERP/CRM products

Havent seen this before

Sorry could not be of much help...

Sam
_______________

> [...]
>> > unable
>> > to select the case templates.
>> >
>> > My second approach is based on the actives cases list. I can highlight
>> > the
>> > appropriate case. I then select the "use direct email" button whcih
>> > opens
>> > dialogue where I can chose to send a template to the selected account.
>> > can
>> > select case templates from this dialogue. I then hget an error message
>> > which
>> > is probably my implementation and need to enable the bulk email.
>> >
>> > I general, I wanted to do this within the case as an activity. (initial
>> > approach) However, if I can get the second method working, I can use
>> > this
>> > as
>> > a work around. All the data I need to send is found within the case

0
Sam
9/4/2007 4:29:14 AM
On Sep 3, 5:58 pm, technojeff <technoj...@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> [...]
> > > global
> > > and appropriate template types associated to the TO field.) I am still
> > > unable
> > > to select the case templates.
>
> > > My second approach is based on the actives cases list. I can highlight the
> > > appropriate case. I then select the "use direct email" button whcih opens
> > > dialogue where I can chose to send a template to the selected account. I
> > > can
> > > select case templates from this dialogue. I then hget an error message
> > > which
> > > is probably my implementation and need to enable the bulk email.
>
> > > I general, I wanted to do this within the case as an activity. (initial
> > > approach) However, if I can get the second method working, I can use this
> > > as
> > > a work around. All the data I need to send is found within the case

Hi Jeff
I have been following this discussion with interest and hoping a
solution could be found as my experience is EXACTLY the same as
yours.  Does anyone have any idea why the "Select Template Target" box
is not appearing?
Bri

0
brionybjb

Personalizing Bulk Emails
Hi Is there a way to personalize bulk emails with an email template? Thank's for some infos. Michel In 3.0 you might want to create a campaign and do an email via mail merge so you get the full power of word etc ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm "Michel" <michel_mueller@bluewin.ch> wrote in message news:%23VmJxxDSGHA.1780@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hi > > Is there a way to personalize bulk emails with an email template? > > Thank's for some infos. > > Michel > I knw...

Email Messages disappearing
I have my email (Microsoft Outlook on Microsoft XP) set up to go to specific folders dependent on who sends it. Well, there are messages unread in certain folders it will have a number next to it. Well, I'll click on the folder and the number changes. Not one number but multiple. Like it says there are 5 messages in the folder unread, I'll click on it and then it says one and the other 4 messages are missing. I don't know what is causing this. Rachel rachel <rachel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have my email (Microsoft Outlook on Microsoft XP) set up t...

Microsoft Word
I have created a new Microsoft Word Form and would like to insert at the bottom a simple button or link the user can press when the form has been completed which will automatically insert the completed form into an email(as an attachment) ready to be sent. How can I accomplish this? Thanks in advance. -- KPFDCO3 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ KPFDCO3's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/222188.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/ms-office-support/1338781.htm http://forums.techarena.in ...

select case from combobox and option group
I have an series of actions that need to be executed from differnt types of controls on 2 different forms one control is an option group, the second is a combobox (limit to list = yes) the commands had already been moved to a sub, SetPresetOptions(frm as Access.form) <call SetPresetOptions(me) > , which is located in the same module as the option group (and can be moved to a differnet module if needed) the code reads something like this: Select Case optSetPresetOptions case = 1 do something case = 2 dosomething else case = .... Ho...

incoming email
We have an exchange 2003 server and just recently we have been having problems receiving some emails. People who have emailed us in the past will send an email but not get any response not even "message undeliverable". Does anyone have any idea? I tried contacting the dsl provider but no luck. Jeannine wrote: > We have an exchange 2003 server and just recently we have been having > problems receiving some emails. People who have emailed us in the past will > send an email but not get any response not even "message undeliverable". > > Does anyone hav...

Trace emails with no headers
How do I trace emails with no headers that are in my inbox. I suspect someone wiped out the sender's information and message contents before I could see it. Could these be viruses disguised as emails? On Fri, 4 Jun 2010 15:08:02 -0700, cgd1947 <cgd1947@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How do I trace emails with no headers that are in my inbox. I suspect >someone wiped out the sender's information and message contents before I >could see it. Could these be viruses disguised as emails? Every e-mail has headers. If you look at the FULL headers, what d...

Tracking Email
Hi How does a person change the size of the email attachments allowed to be 'tracked' in CRM? We've got an email with lots of attachments and are getting an error message stating that the attachment is either not a valid type or is too large. It cannot be uploaded or downloaded. Attachments are simple excel, word and pdf documents so nothing wierd there, however the size is approx 3 mb. Thanks See http://ts2community.com/blogs/larrylentz/archive/2007/10/28/53040.aspx -- David Jennaway - Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP Web: http://www.excitation.co.uk "DMT" wrot...

Are attribute values case sensitive?
I know that elements and attribute names are case sensitive, but are the actual attribute values case sensitive when referred to from within an xsl stylesheet for example? Thanks, Kathy *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com *** Don't just participate in USENET...get rewarded for it! "Kathy Burke" <kathyburke40@attbi.com> wrote in message news:e$wBHf5iDHA.624@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > I know that elements and attribute names are case sensitive, but are the > actual attribute values case sensitive when referred to from within an > xsl styleshee...

Not recieving emails...
I have established an email account with Windows email and linked my yahoo email account. I can send messages yet I do not recieve the test messages to my Windows Mail account they do go to my Yahoo account but not to my Windows Mail inbox. I do not know what to do. Looked for answers on Windows website but did not find what I was looking for can someone please help me. Also when I click on the Send/Recieve tab it has me log in to my email account and then does not take login. Yet the account works. I do not understand. Thanks Jim It is a Yahoo Plus account - right? You must...

Incoming Emails
Hello, We installed the CRM1.2 on the same server with exchange. Everything is working fine except that the CRM users can not see incoming emails inside CRM although these emails are CRM emails. Can anybody tell what is the reason of that? Regards, Khalid Do you have installed the Router? The Router is a bridge=20 between the Exchange and the CRM who study the incoming=20 flow of emails and copy to the CRM everything who is of=20 the CRM. I hope who that help you.=20 []'s Vin=EDcius Pitta Lima de Ara=FAjo >-----Original Message----- >Hello, > We installed the CRM1.2 o...

Cleaning-up emails before Forwarding problem.
XP Pro SP3 - IE8 - MS Office 2003 - all updates installed. Many of the emails I receive from some friends have been forwarded multiple times. As a result, there are a series of email Headers, complete with all of the email addresses of previous recipients, in the body of the email. Not wanting to continue broadcasting these email addresses, and to make the email easier to read, I have always 'cleaned-up' these emails before I forward them to my other friends. In the past (prior to upgrading to SP3 and IE8), I would select 'Forward' and the result would be a copy...

MSCRM Bulk Email Service Error
I am trying to have a workflow email a user that a lead has been assigned to them. The workflow Monitor says it has run, but it never comes through. I have read that you need to have the Bulk Email Service running, but when I enable it and start it I get the following error. Any Suggestions? The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( CrmBulkMailService ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Hel...

Can "Out of Office" calendar items switch on automatic email repli
I am fairly sure there is not a standard way to do this, but does anyone know of a not so standard way? The scenario: I've booked an appointment as all day and/or "out of office" and Outlook switches on/off automatic replies for me for that duration. Solution: ? Obviously I would want to tailor the message for each appointment, probably at the time I set the meeting, with the option to change/cancel when I get a reminder for the meeting. Am I asking too much :) Version of Office? Type of mail account? "voxstealth" <voxstealth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote...

Email Issues
Just got Windows 7 on a new computer and decided to try the live mail. Having trouble since day one! I have been intermittenly able to send or receive email -- more often I can't. Sometimes I get an error message that says my virus software may be the cause. Called the virus people - they said to uninstall and reinstall virus software, it may have been due to an update. Tried that. Sometimes it says server response is the problem. Can someone tell me how to fix this? LIz schrieb: > Just got Windows 7 on a new computer and decided to try the live mail. > Havin...

Retreiving deleted email
Can anone help me? I recently, about one or or two days ago, I deleted some very important letters and correspondence in Outlook express using hotmail as my mail. Is there a trick to retrieving these deleted files..please someone must know? Thank you all in advance. Steve There is no trick. With hotmail, if it is gone, it cannot be recovered. "Steve martinez" <stever533@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ce2e01c48a5f$33a36910$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Can anone help me? > I recently, about one or or two days ago, I deleted some > very important letters and correspond...

Case Lookup 04-21-06
Is there a way to prevent resolved cases from appearing in the case lookup? Specifically... Create an email in Outlook. Click the 'Track in CRM' button. Click the 'Regarding' button. Change the 'Look For' to Cases. Currently this lookup displays all cases with no restrictions. I would like to restrict this to only show active cases. ------=_NextPart_0001_2F86B88A Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Cindy, Thanks for the post. I will have to take a look at this to see if there is a way to filter the view. A quick glance at the issu...

outlook account/email after XP 'upgrade'
I'm looking for advice. I just reinstalled XP Pro using the 'upgrade' option to preserve my programs and settings, etc.. The upgrade seemed to go OK, but now when I run outlook it has no knowledge of my previously working account, and no knowledge of any of my email. Any advice on how to get access to the previous email accounts/email? Thanks, Rob ...

Auto Delivery of emails
have a customer who is obtaining emails from another user in his company. Spoke to both users. Neither does not recall how this occurred. The first user "had" an assistant who 'did something' so that when he and she were at a conference had his emails forwarded to the second but his secretary died recently and he does not know what she did. I checked his outlook for delegation....none. I checked his mailbox on exchange for Delivery Options and none exists...yet, the other user still gets the first users mail forwarded....all his emails. The first user "gets&q...

Letter case problem
I try to use a lowercase letter i in a cell, just as a bale for a list of items, all by itself, and Excel insists on changing it to an uppercase I. It does not make any difference if I specify that the cell is text. In fact, nothing I have found solves this problem. Does anyone know how to make Excel behave in this case? "docbnj" <psboyer@patmedia.net> wrote in message news:1143390556.519705.230640@j33g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... >I try to use a lowercase letter i in a cell, just as a bale for a list > of items, all by itself, and Excel insists on changing it to an...

very simple and useful, email password recovery tool
Outlook Password Recovery is a easy-to-use and wide compatiable tool, capable of instantly recovering email passwords for popular email clients, such as Outlook, Outlook Express, Windows Mail, Incredimail, Eudora, etc. http://www.top-password.com/outlook-password-recovery.html -- johneou johneou wrote: > Outlook Password Recovery is a easy-to-use and wide compatiable tool, > capable of instantly recovering email passwords for popular email > clients, such as Outlook, Outlook Express, Windows Mail, Incredimail, > Eudora, etc. > > http://www.top-password.com/outlook-pa...

email accounts #4
Out look no longer is allowing me to change default settings i.e., email accounts. And at the same time it only checks for mail on the default account and will not check on the second account... (Outlook express works just fine)... ...

Setting Up Email Accounts From All Other Email Providers
When will Windows Live Mail (desktop) allow it's user's to be able to set up email accounts with Yahoo, Gmail, AOL & all the others? Why do they have to be limited to Hotmail & MSN email accounts? You are misinformed. "Lex Luthor" <LexLuthor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:32EE0AA8-6E79-45FB-8ACD-707FF9298C6F@microsoft.com... > When will Windows Live Mail (desktop) allow it's user's to be able to set > up > email accounts with Yahoo, Gmail, AOL & all the others? Why do they have > to > be limited to...

Email Merge with Attachments
I noticed some post about Email Merge not being able to use attachments in some prior versions. I also noticed it is still not a feature in the new version 4. I have a few questions that I would like answered: 1. Is there a logical reason why this feature is left out without blaming security or spam? I have read all the work arounds by various MVP people and can not envision any end user do it on top of the standard CRM procedure. 2. Does anyone know of an Add-On that acheives this that is based in the US and works with Campaign Activities? 3. Is there a method to acheive the s...

How can I use fill hand to copy the fomula in this case?
Here is my fomula: B1: =sheet2!A1 B2: =sheet2!A4 B3: =sheet2!A7 B4: =sheet2!A11 ......... Is it possible to use fill handle to copy the fomula automatically in my case?, If so, how? Thanks. Sabrina I assume that B4 should read = sheet2!A10 with a help column in sheet1 enter the first function in B1 and fill that down the column enter in C column a series of 1<><>2<><>3<><>and extend that down th column do a sort on C column delete the surplus rows Sabrina Wrote: > Here is my fomula: > B1: =sheet2!A1 > B2: =sheet2!A4 > B3: =sheet2!A...

Outllok 2003 Crashes when viewing HTML emails which have links
Dear All, I use Office 2003 standard edition with XP professional. My version of Office 2003 is sp2 with all updates installed. Xp is also updated with all latest updates. I have had no problems with Outlook until a few days ago. Approximately since a week ago, whenever I view a HTML email which has links in them with the reading pane on, Outlook crashes & shuts itself down, it gives an error message & restarts. Why would this have happened? I am not too sure what has caused it. I also have a Novell client 4.91 sp2 installed which logs into a Novell bindery server & an NT s...