Case 'Actual Duration' not getting updated in SQL

Knowledge Base article 913391: The "Actual Duration" field displays an
incorrect value when you view the "Resolve Case" dialog box in Microsoft
Dynamics CRM 3.0

This article corrects the time when you resolve a case by adding some script
to an onsave event.

Here is where it doesnt work:
Lets say you go back and change the time from 2 hours to 4 hours on a
Service Appointment.  The form shows your updated time by running the onsave
event but when you resolve the case, you original time displays and not the
updated time.  I looked in SQL and the ActualDuration and ScheduledDuration
do not match.  While the form is getting updated with a script, the database
is not - making our billable time off!

Anyone have any suggestions?

TIA

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

select case from combobox and option group
I have an series of actions that need to be executed from differnt types of controls on 2 different forms one control is an option group, the second is a combobox (limit to list = yes) the commands had already been moved to a sub, SetPresetOptions(frm as Access.form) <call SetPresetOptions(me) > , which is located in the same module as the option group (and can be moved to a differnet module if needed) the code reads something like this: Select Case optSetPresetOptions case = 1 do something case = 2 dosomething else case = .... Ho...

About Unit calculation with a fixed duration task
Hello, Usually Units = Work / Duration, but in some case it seems this formula doesn’t work. I performed some basic tests in project: First test: I created a fixed duration task: 1 resource, Units = 100%, Work =5d, actual Work=0, so Duration = 5d and Remaining work =5d I changed Rem Work from 5d to 6d, the task become Units= 120%, Work =6d, so Duration = 5d and Remaining work =6d which is fine. Second test: I created a fixed duration task: 1 resource, Units = 100%, Work =5d, actual Work=1d, so Duration = 5d and Remaining work=4d I changed Rem Work from 4d to 5d, the task beco...

How can I get a validation to run in a macro on a shared workbook?
I have a shared workbook that runs a macro with a validation. The macro references the cells below it, which contain the validated macro and creates blank copies of the cells. When the workbook is unshared, the macro runs fine and creates the new rows with the validation. When the workbook is shared, however, the macro only creates the new rows, it does not put in the validation. Look in Excel's help for: Features that are unavailable in shared workbooks You'll see this: Unavailable feature: Add or change data validation Alternatives: Cells continue to be validated ...

Your holiday donation can be a gift of hope to children in need. Get free stuff for your baby when you donate to Save the Children, Please help us with the children----> http://www.hot52.net/baby/1.
Your holiday donation can be a gift of hope to children in need. Get free stuff for your baby when you donate to Save the Children, Please help us with the children----> http://www.hot52.net/baby/1.html ...

Why am I getting a #VALUE! Error?
Previously I had this formula which was working fine: =IF(AND(OR($E$5=1,$E$5=2),$E$2="...3/12...",$E$3=" inch"),VLOOKUP($E$6,lookup!$C$3:$D$19,2,0),IF(AND($E$5=3,$E$2="...3/12...",$E$3=" inch"),VLOOKUP($E$6,lookup!$E$3:$F$19,2,0),"")) But after I add another part onto the end of the formula I am no getting a #VALUE! error (even though, if I enter information in th referenced cells, it seems to work fine and return the correc numbers): =IF(AND(OR($E$5=1,$E$5=2),$E$2="...3/12...",$E$3=" inch"),VLOOKUP($E$6,lookup!$C$3:$D$19...

Limits in SQL query
Good day Group, As a newbie to sql programming in vba I have run into problems. By help from checking old posts in this group I have managed to write codes that with a ADO connection and sql statement extracts data from a closed workbook. I have data in a list in the source workbook that is in abt 4000 rows and 60 columns, When runing the code I will only have 1024 rows extracted. Some columns has cells with up to 500 characters. How to overide this row limit? Brgds CG Rosen ' this code gives only 1024 rows. Why? szSQL = "SELECT * FROM [db_test1$]&qu...

updating one field based on another
I have a simple form which has on it not more than a combo box [cboNoteTilte], a text box [txtNoteText], (and 1 or two other irrelevant (to this post) command buttons) The way I want the form to function is that the user selects a value in the unbound [cboNoteTitle], and a related value is displayed [txtNoteTitle] all of the fields used are in the same table, which is the datasource for the table (none of the controls are meant to edit any of the values in any of the fields in OptNotes) ie: table OptNotes has fields: - [OptionId] (which is the bound datasource column in ...

where can i get the addin MEgaStats for excel?
i am taking statistic s and it was highly recommended to get this add-in? Can anyone help me? Hi, Did you try google? http://blue.butler.edu/~orris/megastat/index.html Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "hUGH" <hUGH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:86EFBA10-8273-4F9B-B046-9D76512B36FF@microsoft.com... >i am taking statistic s and it was highly recommended to get this add-in? >Can > anyone help me? "hUGH" wrote: > i am taking statistic s and it was highly recommended to get this add-in? C...

Debt planner GET STARTED button does nothing (Money 2004 deluxe)
I'm using Money 2004 deluxe. When I access the Debt Reduction Planner, the "Get Started" button is shown and enabled. However when I click it, nothing happens. No error message, no next page - nothing. Please advise. Thanks! I have exactly the same problem. On two different computers! Tell me, are you running Windows XP Service Pack 2 RC2? Running the release candidate of SP2 is the only "unusual" thing about the setup of these two computers. I have tried uninstalling the software and reinstalling it on both systems, to no avail. There is another anomalous ...

CRM SQL Settings
When SQL Server was installed for CRM 3.0 the default settings were used. We discovered that we need some database connection settings turned on such as ansi_nulls, Ansi_warnings, quoted_identifier and arithabort. Can we script all the CRM stored procedures and re-create them with these settings ON or will this make our application unsupported by Microsoft? I couldn't find any details in the white paper about specific database/server settings for the SQL server except to use the default collation settings. use the redeployment wizard for this -- Regards, MS CRM Certified Profession...

Are attribute values case sensitive?
I know that elements and attribute names are case sensitive, but are the actual attribute values case sensitive when referred to from within an xsl stylesheet for example? Thanks, Kathy *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com *** Don't just participate in USENET...get rewarded for it! "Kathy Burke" <kathyburke40@attbi.com> wrote in message news:e$wBHf5iDHA.624@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > I know that elements and attribute names are case sensitive, but are the > actual attribute values case sensitive when referred to from within an > xsl styleshee...

Trouble getting calendar to synch to Outlook 2007
I sync my Dell ASUS to two computers. It synchs fine on Outlook 2003 at my office. Here at home, everything synchs except my calendar. At home I have Outlook 2007. Any suggestions? -- MJB "MJ" <MJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:70F2DAB4-AD0C-491A-B6CC-485AD0FFC570@microsoft.com... >I sync my Dell ASUS to two computers. It synchs fine on Outlook 2003 at my > office. Here at home, everything synchs except my calendar. At home I have > Outlook 2007. Any suggestions? You first. What are you using to sync with Outlook? -- Brian...

2005 updating Credit card limit
Using the Std. Ver of 2005: MSMoney helps tells me I can go into the account and where to alter the amount of credit but it is wrong. The help said there is a button I can use to update the credit limit of the account but....it isn't there. The only time there was a chance to enter that was when the account was setup. I'm using the advanced mode. Any thoughts appreciated. Jim In microsoft.public.money, Jim-G wrote: >Using the Std. Ver of 2005: MSMoney helps tells me I can go into the >account and where to alter the amount of credit but it is wrong. The help ...

Case Lookup 04-21-06
Is there a way to prevent resolved cases from appearing in the case lookup? Specifically... Create an email in Outlook. Click the 'Track in CRM' button. Click the 'Regarding' button. Change the 'Look For' to Cases. Currently this lookup displays all cases with no restrictions. I would like to restrict this to only show active cases. ------=_NextPart_0001_2F86B88A Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Cindy, Thanks for the post. I will have to take a look at this to see if there is a way to filter the view. A quick glance at the issu...

How to update a document
I have a large document in which I'd like to have the user enter some values for several static names, press a button to have Word automatically update all references to those static names throughout the document. The table looks like this and there are more name/value pairs. The user will update the value for each name as required. Name Value Current release 1.5.4.7 Upgrade release 1.5.5.1 UI Server name Sterling DB server name Sterling Further down in the document are references to these Names such as the following. For us the Names are Bold ...

Get Money 2005 Now.....
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=1089242602314&skuId=6770746&type=product When you buy Works Suite 2005. Odd that you can buy Money 2005 via Works Suite, but it's still not shown available as a standalone. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com ~pay it forward~ This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. It seems to come with only the standard version though.... -- regards, Michael Abbaticchio MVP for Exchange Server http://exchange.mvps.org "Brian Kvalheim - [MSFT MVP]" <bk...

Letter case problem
I try to use a lowercase letter i in a cell, just as a bale for a list of items, all by itself, and Excel insists on changing it to an uppercase I. It does not make any difference if I specify that the cell is text. In fact, nothing I have found solves this problem. Does anyone know how to make Excel behave in this case? "docbnj" <psboyer@patmedia.net> wrote in message news:1143390556.519705.230640@j33g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... >I try to use a lowercase letter i in a cell, just as a bale for a list > of items, all by itself, and Excel insists on changing it to an...

How to get text from the VC editor from within an Add-In?
I have created an add-in by use of the Add-In wizard for the Visual C+ + 6.0 enviroment. I now need this add-in to access the line of code that is at the current cursor point. I have searched through MSDN on the microsoft web site and have found that it may have something to do with the Application object, but the code that the wizard has produced does not include this object (and all the examples are in VB which does not help!). Can anyone help me?? On Wed, 27 Feb 2008 08:59:35 -0800 (PST), Ricky <ricky2m_1974@yahoo.co.uk> wrote: >I have created an add-in by use of the Add-In wi...

Which messages actually got sent?
Gurus, Mine is an Exchange 2003 organization with about 40 users. I have only one Exchange server. Last week, a marketing individual came in in the early morning and emailed about 3000 emails to various addresses. The message was the same one to each recipient, and it was about 1/2 megabyte in size. I have only a 1Meg dsl connection, so all day our DSL was effectively choked with the mail server trying to send these mails out. Finally in the late afternoon, I had to go into the queues and delete the messages that were still in the various connectors, waiting to be delivered. Now I so...

How can I use fill hand to copy the fomula in this case?
Here is my fomula: B1: =sheet2!A1 B2: =sheet2!A4 B3: =sheet2!A7 B4: =sheet2!A11 ......... Is it possible to use fill handle to copy the fomula automatically in my case?, If so, how? Thanks. Sabrina I assume that B4 should read = sheet2!A10 with a help column in sheet1 enter the first function in B1 and fill that down the column enter in C column a series of 1<><>2<><>3<><>and extend that down th column do a sort on C column delete the surplus rows Sabrina Wrote: > Here is my fomula: > B1: =sheet2!A1 > B2: =sheet2!A4 > B3: =sheet2!A...

Windows Mail-Getting REALLY Frustrating!
I'm starting to get really irritated now. A couple of weeks ago I wrote on this board that I had somehow lost my self created folders in Windows Mail for archiving my old e-mails. Well thanks to some 'posters' here, I managed to find them and have nearly gotten back all my old e-mails. Now for some reason everytime I open up and use Windows Mail, it completely hogs my CPU and makes using it pretty much impossible. I can hear the PC revving up like a jet engine after I open up the application and forget about trying to write anything. Press a letter and about two ...

get rid of extra spaces between paragraphs worked only once.
Changed style from Word 7 to Word 3, used help online, but still have 2 left with spaces I cannot get rid of on my last page. Got any help for me? -- Only fools and bigots prefer French over Spanish to be taught in public or private schools. In the Styles pane (Ctrl+Alt+Shift+S), right-click the style name and choose Modify from the context menu. In the Modify Style dialog box, click Format, Paragraph. Make sure that Line Spacing is what you want, and that Spacing Before and Spacing After are both set to zero. Click OK. To transfer the style definition to the attached template, d...

Can't get Windows XP SP3 to recognise my Canon SX120 IS camera via
I can't get my Windows XP SP3 PC to recognise my Canon SX120 IS camera via USB. It does recognose other devices via the same USB port. The camera is recognised by other Windows XP SP3 PC's using the same USB cable. Any ideas, anybody? Did any software come with the camera? If so, did you install it? If so, have you tried uninstalling then reinstalling the software? Have you contacted Canon tech support about the problem? -- Google is your friend..... "Julia Hopkins" <JuliaHopkins@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:317E0E3D-AEE2-...

change lower case text to upper case text
is it possible to change lower case text to upper case text in microsoft excel 2000 Yes, in an empty column enter =UPPER(A1) and copy down, in that column Copy > Paste Special > Values to lose the formulas, then Cut > Paste back to the original location. If you want to use code, see you Jimmy here, http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/proper.htm Regards, "rotty" <rotty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C15B5928-15B4-4AE6-8486-F86589685F77@microsoft.com... > is it possible to change lower case text to upper case text in microsoft > excel 2000 Y...

How do I get auto fill to do decending numbers in a column?
I am trying to get excel to do decending numbers from 50 to 1 in a column and no matter what I try it still will not do it. What am I doing wrong? Hi one way, type 50 in the first cell, underneath it type 49, then select both cells, now go to the fill handle on the 49 and drag down. Cheers JulieD "oesqueen" <oesqueen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:082D4471-39F1-41E1-B50C-5420B18526BF@microsoft.com... >I am trying to get excel to do decending numbers from 50 to 1 in a column >and > no matter what I try it still will not do it. What am I doing...