Carry forward of Activities

Hi,

I have a lead and there are activities entered for the lead. When I convert
this lead into an Opportunity, Account or Contact, can I also move these
activities along with converting the lead.

Kindly help with your thoughts.

Thanks,
-Jaison

0
Jaison
7/31/2004 5:40:08 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Jaison,

No, you can't.  The reason is that CRM (unlike some other crm products) only
links one entity to each activity.

If I wanted to bring a copy of activities from Leads over to an Account, I
guess that I could create a PostCallback function on the create of the
Account to search for Activities from the related lead and then duplicate
them in the Account.

Stephen

"Jaison" <jaison@netgalactic.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have a lead and there are activities entered for the lead. When I
convert
> this lead into an Opportunity, Account or Contact, can I also move these
> activities along with converting the lead.
>
> Kindly help with your thoughts.
>
> Thanks,
> -Jaison

0
Stephen
7/31/2004 10:31:59 PM
Stephen is correct that there is no simple way to do this today.
We are working to address this in MSCRM v2.0

Regards,
Alex
--
This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.

"Stephen Redmond" wrote:

> Jaison,
>
> No, you can't.  The reason is that CRM (unlike some other crm products) only
> links one entity to each activity.
>
> If I wanted to bring a copy of activities from Leads over to an Account, I
> guess that I could create a PostCallback function on the create of the
> Account to search for Activities from the related lead and then duplicate
> them in the Account.
>

> Stephen
>

> "Jaison" <jaison@netgalactic.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have a lead and there are activities entered for the lead. When I
> convert
> > this lead into an Opportunity, Account or Contact, can I also move these
> > activities along with converting the lead.
> >
> > Kindly help with your thoughts.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > -Jaison

Forward to Multiple SMTP Addresses
Does anyone know of a way to automatically forward an individual's incoming email to more than one SMTP address? The user properties only allows you to select one account/contact and I don't see a way to create a group of contacts. Thanks >> Joe Create a DL(distribution group) ad users as a member into this group, who ever needs to get the copy of e-mails Go to user properties | add this distribution group and enable forward e-mails to it. Best, oz "JAG" wrote: > Does anyone know of a way to automatically forward an individual's incoming > email to ...

replacing old pc and want to carry contacts, tasks etc
I have bought a new PC and now want to transfer contacts, tasks, calendar etc from old PC to new one. What is the easiest way to do it. Diane Poremsky's Slipstick site has information on How and Where Outlook stores its information. Usually this information is stored in a PST file: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm -- Nikki Peterson [MVP - Outlook] "L. T. Portella" <portella@NOSPAMoptonline.net> wrote in message news:mL8Vb.14890$WY4.3351229@news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net... I have bought a new PC and now want to transfer contacts, tasks, calendar etc from old PC to...

Workflow Activities 08-31-04
Hi, I'm in the process of creating a sales process within CRM 1.2 & seem to have hit a bit of a stumbling block with the Activities process. The initial event will trigger when a lead is created, this should email the assigned owner and set up a Phone Call activity for them. Once the call is completed i'd like to have CRM schedule a meeting & update the probability of closing. I got the impression I should be able to us a 'Wait Activity Condition'. However the phone call activity doesn't show up in the list! Any clues as to where i'm going wrong? Thanks, ...

How do I carry figures from one spread sheet to another
Much more detail is required before an answer can be provided. You want an accumulative total in a cell from one sheet to the next? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sat, 22 Aug 2009 14:31:01 -0700, Perry <Perry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: ...

Carry Forward Totals
I have 12 input worksheets - One for every month I have another 13 worksheets on these, the values from the 1st 12 is broken down to give totals for our 15 locations and the final is ytd totals for all. The problem occurs on the YTD sheet. For example, all the information was input in the January worksheet and carried forward to the Branch sheet and the YTD sheet as entered. The balancing of the spreadsheets did not occur until February 5 and by that time, data had been entered on the Feb sheet and carried forward to the YTD Sheet. I tried this on the YTD worksheet but doesn't wor...

WinXP asks for activation, says it is activated, then shuts
You cannot vote on your own post 0 I moved my dual boot PC between rooms. I also now have the sound hooked up to spdif port and video to a s-video port. XP had been running just fine before the move. The only hardware change is the addition of a usb wireless-n adapter. When I started up the box in the new location I received a message right at the splash screen saying the copy of xp needed to be activated. I clicked okay, the message disappeared and the screen went blank. The splash screen came up again with another activation warning but in a different "box". I cli...

Active Cell Border #2
All, I have an Excel workbook (Mac version) in which the active cell border is light blue, instead of the usual black. I'm not sure how to change this setting. Any ideas? It would be handy to know if this can be changed in the Windows version too. Thanks in Advance. M ...

Forward certain mail to user
We have an exchange 2003 server with a couple dozen legacy SMTP domains. We would like to remove them, but there may still be mail being sent through them. How might I best determine what mail is still being sent to the legacy domain so that we can notify the sender of the correct address before removing the old domain? What I envision is a report that I could run periodically or have all of the mail to the legacy domain sent to a central mailbox as well as the original recipient. - but I'm open to suggestions. Look at the SMTP logs to determine if any addresses from the le...

Forwarding copies of email
Hi I set up my home email account to forward a copy of all emails to my work email account. I want to stop doing this but can't find how to do this. Any help would be appreciated. thanks Tools | Message Rules | Mail? -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Kirbey" <Kirbey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DAD63316-27A6-46F3-8B0D-6272E04CF7EF@microsoft.com... > Hi > I set up my home email account to forward a copy of all emails to my > work > email account. I want to stop doing this ...

Unable to reply to or forward a message in Outlook Web Access
Exchange 5.5. Suddenly, users are unable to reply to or forward a message in Outlook Web Access. Message size doesn't matter. I have 2 XP and 1 NT4 workstations on my desk. 1 XP system had the above problem, the others worked fine. I have rebooted the XP system that worked and now it can't forward or reply in OWA Haven't made any changes in the web or Exchange servers Thanks Dan Popup blockers blocking the additional popup browser window? Try holding the Ctrl key while clicking Reply or Forward. Thanks, Richard Roddy Microsoft Exchange Support This posting is provided &...

Showing All Activities in Workflow
Hi All I have a workflow in which there are around 15 activities, which are to be strictly perform one after another but at the same time all of these activities should be visible to its owner but this User should not be allowed to perform an Activity if Activity previous to this one is not completed. At the moment I create next Activity after completion of Previous Activity, in this case User can see only that activity which he is suppose to act on. Can I do this in CRM 1.2? Hi, You can accomplish this by using the wait command in the workflow. Create a salesproces with stages for...

Creating Activities for Multiple Accounts
Hey Everyone, I appreciated the help on the last question, so of course I have another one. How am I able to create a "mass activity" for multiple accounts? For example, I would like to create an activity on multiple accounts when a fax blast goes out so that it's recorded for all of the accounts targeted. Any information is greatly appreciated! Thanks! Tiffany Tiffany, If it were me I would create a Quick Campaign. By doing so you will have the ability to track any responses you get. ~Dave ...

Log Activities
Is it possible to have an ASPX page where we can choose a customer and add a line that would allow a description and then choose letter, etc. and post into CRM? I'm looking for a way that when I run a certain process in an online page to save an activity in CRM. ...

What ports are required for Windows Mobile (Active Sync)?
I'm testing the Dash and Windows Mobile to connect to our Exchange 2003 Server. When I opened several ports on our hardware firewall my owa quit responding but WIndows Mobile works fine. What ports are required to be opened for Active Sync to work? I read several post that listed different ports that are required for Windows Mobile. (www, smtp, pop3, 143, 993,50, 51, 500, 443, 990, 995, 999, 5721, 5678, 5679, 26675) Windows Server 2003, Exchange 2003, Current Updates applied. Thanks Charles W WM5 requires 443. That's it. Nothing else. Same as OWA. "Charles W" <...

Carry over expenses?
Is there any way to carry over a negative expense balance to the next month where income exceeds expenses other than falsifying dates? It seems to occur depending on paydates, income is estimated and expenses equal income overall. ...

OMA\Active-Sync\OWA and ISA 2004
Currently I am running Exchange Ver 6.5 (Build 7638.2 SP2). I have OWA working externally using SSL-to-SSL on my ISA 2004 firewall. This was configured according articles on MS and isaserver.org. I have OWA-Forms based authentication set on the firewall. I need to get a Treo 650 working remotely through the ISA firewall. The device will sync up just fine internally. Any ideas on how I should get the device to work externally would be greatly appreciated. ...

forwarding emails
When i forward an email, outlook 2000 takes it out of my inbox and puts it into my sent box. This is a new problem, as it has always kept it in inbox and created a new entry in sent. Help! ...

Carry Over Date
I have a subform that is used to show all the service records for a piece of equipment. There is a textbox on the form that is linked to a field titled [Date]. This shows the date the service was performed. There is also a field on the subform [LastServDate]. I want the [Date] information in the previous record to populate the [LastServDate] field on the new service record. Thanks for your help if you need a better explanation let me know. -- Thanks, Nikki The word "Date" is a reserved word in Access and should not be used as a field or control name because it can cause probl...

Forwarding or Routing email of an employee that has left
I'm looking for a way to forward or reroute an employee that has left to their department supervisor. There are two ways that I would like to use this. 1) When an employee has been terminated and I would lock their account in active directory and use them to establish the employee coming in to replace them. 2) When an employee gets done and we delete them from active directory. I appreciate any help. Thanks. Inline. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "Darlene" <Darlene@discussions.mic...

Budget Carry-Over
You can carry over your cell phone minutes month to month, can you do it with your budget items too? I'd like to know if it is possible to setup the budget so that if I go over in a category that the amount over is deducted from next months budget, or if I'm under.. bonus.. it is added and I can spend more next month. Thanks, Sebastian Hello Sebastian, This is one of those features that you would think Money would provide, but it does not. I have a way that I do this using classifications. But this is very much a hack. Brian > You can carry over your cell phone minutes ...

Case number to appear in service activity
Does anyone know how to get the case number to automatically populate a custom field in a service activity. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks, Randy Way Lite Technology, Inc. www.litetech.com you can do this using callouts -- Regards, MS CRM Certified Professional http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com Chat with me on MSN / Gmail / Skype : ID Is :.. mscrmexpert@gmail.com "Randy Way" wrote: > Does anyone know how to get the case number to automatically populate a > custom field in a service activity. Any help on this would be greatly > appre...

Auto forward doesn't work for email sent to distribution list
Hi there, When I sent an email to a distribution list it's not auto forwarded for people (members of this distribution list) who have there Out of Office Assistant configured with "forward all messages to email@address.com". For all other messages the auto forward works fine. Anyone any idea to solve this problem??? Many thanks in advance, Lex. Define "auto forward". -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Lex Haak" <LexHaak@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08428C3D-3227-4705-8...

Attachment is only available by forwarding the message or using File Save comman
I have a problem where I receive an e-mail message with an attachment but the attachment does not appear in the message. I can only view the attachment if go File/Save Attachments or if I forward the e-mail, the attachment is visible in the forwarded message and I can then open it. I am running Windows XP/Office XP with all the latest service packs and updates. I am connecting to a POP3 server. I have tried changing the default e-mail editor, tried with and without the preview pane. The attachments are not blocked by Outlook as they are PDF's. Any ideas? ...

Carry the field
Access 2007, have a table that looks up two fields in another table. Fld1 and Fld2. Fld2 is a description of Fld1. So when the user select Fld1, how can I get Fld2 to carry on to this new table? Striker3070, In a well normalized database you would not store the description in two tables. You can use DLookup to get the description to display on your form. If numeric... =DLookup("Fld2", "YourTable", "[Fld1]=" & Me![Fld1]) If text... =DLookup("Fld2", "YourTable", "[Fld1]='" & Me![Fld1] & &quo...

Forwarding messages with attachments
I have set up a rule to forward incoming mail with attachments to a specific folder and it does it well except for one thing. I will occassionally get an email that has no file actually attached to it, but my rule forwards it anyway due to a graphic or background present in the email. How can I re-route ONLY those emails with an actual attachment and have it (Outlook 2007 on Windows XP) ignore the others? Luke wrote: > I have set up a rule to forward incoming mail with attachments to a specific > folder and it does it well except for one thing. I will occassionally ge...