Capabilities Question

Hi,  Being a developer I thought I would go to the source!  Sorry if this is
a sort of sales question.

Do you think the Service module would cater for a Web Design Company job
system?

We currently use a SharePoint service to do this but like the looks of
Dynamics.

Core parts of the system should;

1.  Jobs Description
2.  Time & Cost Management
3.  Job Status (New, Awaiting Customer, etc)
4.  Reporting
5.  Task logging etc
6.  Maintenance Contracts (Ie Pay $x up front and service times deducted
from allowance)

Do you think Dynamics can handle this and would I need to mod it?

Thanks Daren
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

On Tue, 8 Jan 2008 02:44:01 -0800, newsgroups@webdesignmagic.com.au
<newsgroupswebdesignmagiccomau@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi,  Being a developer I thought I would go to the source!  Sorry if this is
>a sort of sales question.
>
>Do you think the Service module would cater for a Web Design Company job
>system?

Yes

>We currently use a SharePoint service to do this but like the looks of
>Dynamics.
>
>Core parts of the system should;
>
>1.  Jobs Description
Either use case entity or create custom job entity which can be done
through the UI
>2.  Time & Cost Management
Use Service Activites to manage all time spent against case/job
>3.  Job Status (New, Awaiting Customer, etc)
Set the statuscode attribute to the required values and add this
attribute to the form
>4.  Reporting
Standard functionality i.e., advanced find will fulfil ost
requirements along with export to Excel
>5.  Task logging etc
Standard functionality
>6.  Maintenance Contracts (Ie Pay $x up front and service times deducted
>from allowance)
Standard functionality in Contracts - have alot into allotment types
which can be amount time or number of incidents which are decrements
automatically as used

>Do you think Dynamics can handle this and would I need to mod it?

Yes and Yes

--
Julian Sharp
Vigence

I'm a moron ---- GAL Security permissions question
I was tyring to deny access to the GAL so that users would get a new GAL i created.. before I noticed the security setting that read "Open Address List" I decided to deny the everyone group READ access to the GAL. Now everyone can still access it just fine because they still have "OPen Address List" rights, but I can NOT see it within ESM anymore to adjust it!!! How in the world to I revert that deny setting? ADSI Edit? I couldn't find it. ...

Contacts/Address Book Question
When I open a new message > click on the To; for an e mail address; I always have to click the dropdown at Show Names From the .........list. I have to pull up my Contacts. How do I set my Contacts as the default. Go into Tools > Address Book, and then, in the Address Book window, select Tools > Options. The setting you want is the top one, "Show this address list first." -Peter "Techie" <techtechxxxx@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1169835293.648233.294420@a75g2000cwd.googlegroups.com... > > When I open a new message > click on the To; for...

Unusual question
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Since I have no idea where or to whom to turn to, to find a solution to an annoying thing or two, I thought I might throw it out on this site and see if anyone knows anything about this: 1. Log-in refuses to remember me: Each time I log in, I have to re-write my entire email address and, of course, my password. Is there any remedy for this? 2. Lately, when I have posted something, even though I click "Email me when replies are posted" I receive nothing in my email inbox even though I am getting answers (I get...

does office 2003 have newgroup capability?
"tyson" <tyson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D135C874-2046-4A92-937A-24D905AE15AA@microsoft.com Not natively, no. It calls OE when you hit the "News" menu item. ...

Create capability to Paste Text into an Excel Footer
The ability to past copied text into a "Custom" Footer does not appear does not appear to be a feature availble in Excel 2003. Once into the "custom footer" sub window, the capability to paste copied text is not available. On Line help also does not address this capability (as far as directions) ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggesti...

Synchronize Question
Is it true that unless you have a "Corporate or Workgroup" version of Outlook that a user can't sychronize with an Exchange server? tks, steve If you aren't using Outlook 2002 or 2003, or using prior versions in Corporate/Workgroup mode (note - this isn't a different version, just a different installation option, and you can change it), you can't connect to an Exchange server. If you want to change from Internet Only to C/W, get out your installation media, go to tools | options, find the Reconfigure Mail Support button, and click it. sjs wrote: > Is it true ...

OWA Config Question
I have 1 Windows 2003 domain in 2 separate sites. One site is in California and the other site is in NYC. There is an Exchange 2003 server in each site. The site in NYC is the only Exchange server connected to the internet, so all inbound and outbound smtp traffic goes through the NYC Exchange server. We have OWA setup (No front end servers), and it works for the NYC site, but it does not work for the Cal site. Whenever the Cal people try to access owa, the server returns the AD address of the Cal exchange server and that is blocked by the firewall so naturally, it does not work. OWA w...

Quick question regariding formatting
Is there a way to set up cells in a single column where the contents would stand out when below a certain number? In my case, each column represents an item a list of customers have in stock. When the inventory falls below a certain number that I would define, it would stand out, perhaps in red, or bold, parenthesis - anything outside of the normal font would help.. thank you! -- B'rgds, Vinnie Vinnie Format>Conditional Formatting will do the trick. Select the column or range and Format>CF>Cell Value is: Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 16 Jun 2006 16:04:37 -04...

Profile question...
One of the small networks I manage had a Win2k DC that crashed. We replaced it with a 2008 SBS & since most of the clients were XP, I was able to join computers to the new domain & copy the profiles from the old location to the new location. That was until I got to the Vista laptop. On this computer, the profile shows as 'Unknown' & the 'copy to' option is grayed out. I am currently copying the contents of the C:\Users\username folder to the C:\Users\user.newdomain folder. Will this be all I need? Is there an easier way? Also, under system properties>u...

easy question : extract hexa values and fill an array
I want to do something like that : void wtoiStr(BYTE* IDServer, wchar_t* wszIDServer) { } BYTE IDServer[16]; and to call it like that wtoiStr(IDserver, "0aec6f7512cd1b76f2e1cbbc3eddddbe") the function needs to take 2 characters by two (because it represents a byte) and to put it inside IDServer array. So I will have after : IDServer[0] = 0x0a; IDServer[1] = 0xec; thanks "mosfet" <tricubes@wanadoo.fr> wrote in message news:bthc46$d4i$1@news-reader2.wanadoo.fr... > I want to do something like that : > > void wtoiStr(BYTE* IDServer, wchar_t* wszIDServer...

excel question #13
the_________ cell is the cell that you currently edit or modify? Homework? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany steve wrote: > the_________ cell is the cell that you currently edit or modify? Hi Steve sounds like homework so here's some multiple choice options for you: a) current b) last c) active d) A1 any of these ring a bell? Cheers JulieD "steve" <steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EB3AE4BC-4F47-4413-8AC9-C5AC999289E7@microsoft.com... > the_________ cell is the cell that you currently edit or modify? ActiveCell -- Cord...

Raid question
Hi all. I'm just back from a RAID 0 configuration. I have a ASUS P4P800-SE as MB, P4 3.2 Ghz, last BIOS UPDATE, I have 2 HDD : MAXTOR 6Y160M0 SATA, that I have configured as 1 "RAID 0" disk, the result was terrible, sometime CHKDISK was starting by itself, and I have lost some data so I'm back to use NORMAL disks. I don't know if RAID 0 is really so instable (or this was only a problem of mine) but I'd like to know which is the best (within a common system) RAID configuration (0+1, 5, 10 ecc ecc) I'd like also to know if someone else have had these kind of pr...

SelectionChange Event question
I want a simple message box that displays whenever I create a new selection in a worksheet. The message box needs to display both the address of the last selection and the address of the new selection. I have the following solution: Dim LastSelected As String Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) MsgBox LastSelected & Target.Address LastSelected = Target.Address End Sub This works fine except for the first time through, when LastSelected is empty. How can I get the initial selection to display in the message box? Many thanks. ...

How will the Footer div stick to bottom of screen?

A performance/progress question on Defrag
I located an old hard drive stored on a shelf the other day and connected it to my Vista machine with a USB dongle. I decided to defrag it (350Gb). Now, I already know that Vista's defrag provides NO indication of progress other than that pretty lame statement that "this may take a few minutes to a few hours". I've seen mention of other defraggers here in this NG and am wondering if any of them provide visual progress indications. Previous OS's used either marching colored blocks, or slowly moving vertical bands in a window. Vista's, on the other ...

Question on BCP
I used the following format file in a BCP command: 9.0 21 1 SQLCHAR 0 15 "|" 1 ISILocator SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS 2 SQLCHAR 0 21 "|" 2 PaperKey SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS 3 SQLCHAR 0 16 "|" 3 ISIKey SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS 4 SQLCHAR 0 7 "|" 4 PubYr "" .... 21 SQLCHAR 0 7 "\r\n" 4 TapeYR "" Notice the last line. I wrongly had the data go to the 4th field in the table, when it was supposed to go the 21st field. I expected to find that this fourth field was incorrect. I...

Newbie question on CString Replace method
Hi, I Try to use CString's Replace method to get rid of double- quote characters in it. I tried : strBuffer = strBuffer.Replace('\"', '\0'); and strBuffer = strBuffer.Replace("\"", ""); Both of them give me strange result. Thanks in Advance Danny, Replace() method returns the number of replaced instances. You need to call strBuffer.Replace("\"", ""); NOT strBuffer = strBuffer.Replace("\"", ""); -- Vladimir Khvostov Danny Ni wrote: > Hi, > > I Try to use CString's Repla...

sumif question #3
I am having a block right now with this. I want to get data from a different worksheet but I need a formula that will sum on two different conditions as follows. Sheet 1 Rep Account# Account Name Sales Sheet 2 Rep Account# Account Name Sales I want to pull the sales data from sheet 2 into sheet 1 based on Rep and Account# Thanks ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ =SUMPRODUCT((Rep="brianwa")*(Acct="account#")*(Sales)) -- Gre...

Subreport question
I have a report and subreport working just fine as far as outputing the data I need. The problem is formatting. When I click on properties for the subreports, there is no column width adjustment. I have been going and adjusting the column width on the tables serving as a source for the subreports and that works fine by trial and error. I was wondering if there is a way to make all the formatting on a report with subreports look exactly the same without having to go through the rigamarole. Also, I have lines around all the subreports and no lines around the data in the main report. I kn...

ADO question
I've been using ODBC for all of my DB connections, but found a solution for a problem I was having using ADO. I've been reading mdsn all day searching for something that is coherent regarding ADO. I want to post my code, and tell you where I'm having problems. Most of this is borrowed and not yet cleaned up. I'm trying to execute a stored command (SQL Server) by issuing a raw SQL command in the form of "strSQLDBFetch". When I issue this command in an SQL command line, I get all of the databases on the server I'm connected to. My problem is after the connecti...

SQL check query question
Hi everybody - I am trying to write a sql query that will pull in the check number/ and invoice number that it paid. It would also be nice if it could pull in the journal entry number as well. Any suggestions? let me revise my question please: my manager wants a report that will show the check amount paid on a PO Invoice. I need to be able to query the vendor/check number/check amount/po invoice ** the part I am struggling with is getting the query to pull the po invoice! what table would link the check number with the po invoice? "Michael@nyresume.com" wrote: > Hi everyb...

The Questions part 4
1- Changing Admin group name in the production exchange server can make any trouble ... if yes then please tell me the solution 2- In routing group bridgehead server is elected by poll or we have to define it 3- What is the Difference between Dir Sync Requester and Dir Sync Server 4- What is the difference between routing connector and smtp connector thanks for answering me those questions ... i will appreciate your participation. 1. Should not be a problem. 2. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822929/en-us. I'd recommend specifying more than 1 server if possible. 3. In what contex...

BCC question
Hello I am running Exchange 2003 sp2. A user sent out an email to another user both users are on the same Exchange server, but another user also got this email. Example joe sent the email to mike mike got the email but so did susan. I looked at the email and there doesnt appear to be any BCCing going on. IS it possible that Exchange accidentally BCC'd the email to another user? i also looked at the recpients account and the deliver option is at the defaults. Thanks I'd check Outlook delegates or forwarding rules on Mike's client. The source problem is highly unlikely to ...

CRM mailmerge capabilities, do these capabilities exist?
Does anyone know what, if any, mail merge capabilities exist in the Microsoft CRM package? Thanks, Chris Hi Chris, So far, this is what I have figured out: I will run a query in CRM for the contacts that are desired for the mailing. I then export these to excel and use Word to do the actual mail merge. I don't believe there is a simpler way, but if anyone knows, I would like to learn this as well. Best, Gina >-----Original Message----- >Does anyone know what, if any, mail merge capabilities exist in the >Microsoft CRM package? > >Thanks, >Chris > > >...

Forms in Sharepoint: lookup field auto-update capability on entering data?
Hi all, I'm looking to design a form for sharepoint that will have a number of fields that are lookup fields. For the lookups, I would like the user to be able to enter in a value that does not exist in the lookup's source list of values (in addition to choosing from what's already there) and if a new value is added, have it be added to that lookup's source list on submitting the form. I have a feeling that this functionality might be available in Infopath but am not sure. Is this the case? If so, could anyone suggest a site/book/lesson that would walk me through th...