Cannot send direct emails - need a reference site

i was unable to send direct emails through the CRM, i ran a repair and found
several errors so i installed everything from scratch on a clean system.

Still i cannot send direct emails from My Workplace in CRM. But i can send
emails through the outlook on the client pc.
I have seen that most of the issues submitted here in the community, refer
to the inability of sending emails. therefore, i would like to speak with
someone who has his CRM up and working, as i have spent almost a week trying
to figure out what's going on.

i have also purchased MailMerge for including attachments in quick
campaigns, but since i cannot use quick campaigns for direct emails MailMerge
is useless to me.

regards

Maria

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Did you set your default mail server as the outgoing email server? You can
use the SMTP server that is in IIS, assuming you have installed it. Also,
make sure port 25 is not blocked by any security device/settings or antivirus
software.
--
Matt Wittemann, CRM MVP
http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com

"Maria" wrote:

> i was unable to send direct emails through the CRM, i ran a repair and found
> several errors so i installed everything from scratch on a clean system.
>
> Still i cannot send direct emails from My Workplace in CRM. But i can send
> emails through the outlook on the client pc.
> I have seen that most of the issues submitted here in the community, refer
> to the inability of sending emails. therefore, i would like to speak with
> someone who has his CRM up and working, as i have spent almost a week trying
> to figure out what's going on.
>
> i have also purchased MailMerge for including attachments in quick
> campaigns, but since i cannot use quick campaigns for direct emails MailMerge
> is useless to me.
>
> regards
>
> Maria

of cource i have installed it. where will i check if the default mail server
is set as the outgoing?

rgs
\
maria

"MattNC" wrote:

> Did you set your default mail server as the outgoing email server? You can
> use the SMTP server that is in IIS, assuming you have installed it. Also,
> make sure port 25 is not blocked by any security device/settings or antivirus
> software.
> --
> Matt Wittemann, CRM MVP
> http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com
>

> "Maria" wrote:
>
> > i was unable to send direct emails through the CRM, i ran a repair and found
> > several errors so i installed everything from scratch on a clean system.
> >
> > Still i cannot send direct emails from My Workplace in CRM. But i can send
> > emails through the outlook on the client pc.
> > I have seen that most of the issues submitted here in the community, refer
> > to the inability of sending emails. therefore, i would like to speak with
> > someone who has his CRM up and working, as i have spent almost a week trying
> > to figure out what's going on.
> >
> > i have also purchased MailMerge for including attachments in quick
> > campaigns, but since i cannot use quick campaigns for direct emails MailMerge
> > is useless to me.
> >
> > regards
> >
> > Maria

There's a good KB article "How to change the incoming or outgoing Microsoft
Exchange Server settings after the original installation of Microsoft
Dynamics CRM is completed" at
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/906471.
--
Matt Wittemann, CRM MVP
http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com

"Maria" wrote:

> of cource i have installed it. where will i check if the default mail server
> is set as the outgoing?
>
> rgs
> \
> maria
>

> "MattNC" wrote:
>
> > Did you set your default mail server as the outgoing email server? You can
> > use the SMTP server that is in IIS, assuming you have installed it. Also,
> > make sure port 25 is not blocked by any security device/settings or antivirus
> > software.
> > --
> > Matt Wittemann, CRM MVP
> > http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com
> >

> > "Maria" wrote:
> >
> > > i was unable to send direct emails through the CRM, i ran a repair and found
> > > several errors so i installed everything from scratch on a clean system.
> > >
> > > Still i cannot send direct emails from My Workplace in CRM. But i can send
> > > emails through the outlook on the client pc.
> > > I have seen that most of the issues submitted here in the community, refer
> > > to the inability of sending emails. therefore, i would like to speak with
> > > someone who has his CRM up and working, as i have spent almost a week trying
> > > to figure out what's going on.
> > >
> > > i have also purchased MailMerge for including attachments in quick
> > > campaigns, but since i cannot use quick campaigns for direct emails MailMerge
> > > is useless to me.
> > >
> > > regards
> > >
> > > Maria

Migrating all email / folders / address book from Outlook Express
I am have been using Outlook Express for many years on what is now a Windows XP computer. Now I have a new laptop with XP and Office XP with Outlook 2003. I want to migrate ALL of my Outlook Express email - preserving headers, dates, attachments, folder structure, address book, etc. to Outlook 2002/XP. What is the best way to do this? It is very important that I not lose any existing email message, attachments, headers, etc. I couldn't find any useful info in the KB.. seems like there should be a lot of help with this, assuming MS really wants me to move from express to regular outlook ...

CRM3.0 needs to support single Exchange 2007
Microsoft CRM needs to support Exchange 2007 without the need to have an Exchange 2000/2003 server deployed. It is not acceptable for customers to wait and be expected to wait to CRm4.0 is released then upgrade to this CRM version. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the me...

Outlook 2003 HTML emails
Hi, I am using Outlook 2003 under WinXP SP3 with all updates installed. Quite often I receive HTML emails that has one of more solid lines to the left of the text and/or pictures in the body of the message. I suspect that these lines are the HTML equivalent of > found in forwarded plain text messages. Can anyone suggest how I can clean up the email by deleting the solid line(s) before forwarding the message on to other recipients? -- Cheers . . . JC In article <3n7o451ierhkjb2dltgturi1bu6m5fh94l@4ax.com>, jc@invalid.net says... > Hi, > > I am using Outlook 2003 unde...

Exchange 2003 doesnt send email while logged on
When im logged onto the server using RDP or from the server console itself all of my SMTP outbound smtp emails are queued. Once I log off the server everything works correctly. The accounts im using to log on are the domain admins accounts and even the local admin account, neither works. I tried running domainprep and forestprep while logged on as domain admin but that didn't resolve the issue. Any ideas?? On 8 May 2006 07:53:00 -0700, Bbruce2k5@gmail.com wrote: >When im logged onto the server using RDP or from the server console >itself all of my SMTP outbound smtp emails a...

Only Administrator can send mail to certain domains
Since installing a new Exchange Server (Exchange 2003 w/ SP2 on Server 2003 w/ SP1) we have been unable to send mail to certain domains. And it looks like those domains are also using Exchange Servers. Today we found that emails sent from the Administrator account go through OK but all others do not. The return failure messages vary but predominately we rec'v the message that the email could not be delivered in the specified time. I've checked the usual suspects - checked Reverse DNS, telnet succesfully to their mail server. What does the Administrator's ability to send and ever...

unable to set up email
here is the message I get The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider. The rejected e-mail address was 'antysandy@gmail.com'. Subject 'erasdf', Account: 'pop.gmail.com ', Server: 'smtp.gmail.com', Protocol: SMTP,...

Excel Not Talking To Outlook [Email Settings] #2
This is a follow up to an older thread on the same problem. Search groups.google.com for the same subject and you'll find the previous thread (which lacked an answer). I'm just posting here for posterity. When sending email from Excel and expecting to see your Outlook contacts box come up for you but instead you see a strange box letting you choose "shared contacts" or "this identity's contacts", the answer is that Internet Explorer is set up to use Outlook Express for email instead of Outlook. Open IE, go to Tools > Internet Options > Programs tab. Chan...

Money2004 & $50 gift from ING Direct
I finally clicked on the ING ad from within Money 2004, typed in my Money registration number, signed up for a savings account online with ING, and ING deposited $50 to my savings account. ING is paying 3% interest and I want to deposit more money into my account at ING. How can I verify if ING is for real and not an Internet scam? Thanks, ING is a major European (Dutch, I think) bank with an internet bank division serving the US. It is not a scam. Go to their website https://secure1.ingdirect.com for more details. Note however that currently another internet bank Emigrant Direct ...

smtp connectors repeatedly sending same emails.
Running SBS 2003 Exchange 2003 Cutomers have complained that they are receiving the same email over and over again. Looked at the connectors in Exchange manager and found there to be three additional SMTP connectors with the domain names of the people receiving the emails, and every 15 minutes when the POP3 connector retrieves emails, these SMTP queues are sending out the emails again. I have frozen the queues for the time being but when the server gets rebooted they will get unfrozen and send out all the emails that have built up since. Please can some tell me how to delete these fr...

Queues not picking up email.
What I am working with right now is a Support and Sales queue that is tied to email accounts inside CRM. When email is sent to the appropriate email account CRM should be picking up these email messages and populating them into their respective queues, but its not. I am at a loss of where to go from this point forward to troubleshoot the breakdown in communication. When i send emails to the queue email address accounts I am not getting any Delivery Failures and the mailbox sizes are growing when i check them in the System Manager for Exchange. My end result here is to be able to use 360'...

stop automatically making email address
I am going to KILL excel. How do you stop it from automatically convertine email addresses into hyperlinks?? In Excel 2002: Tools> AutoCorrect Options > Autoformat As You Type. Then uncheck Internet and Network Paths with Hyperlinks. Hope this helps Rowan "lily" wrote: > I am going to KILL excel. How do you stop it from automatically convertine > email addresses into hyperlinks?? ...

Send email from group mailbox
I have a group mailbox set up in my Outlook profile (it's set up as an additional mailbox in my profile). Therefore I have my personal email, and this group mailbox appears as a folder in my folder list. Let's call the group mailbox, "XX Group". If I "Reply" to a message received from the group mailbox, a "From" field appears and "XX Group" is listed in that field. If I send the message, the message will appear to be from "XX Group" instead of from me. However, if I simply open a new mail message, I don't get that "From&qu...

Certain email not received
Hello to all of you, One of my customer as troubles receiving email from me. I'lm using Outlook 2003. My customer is also using Outlook 2003. Since a few weeks ago, she can no longer receive my email in Outlook 2003. However, she receives them fine in Outlook Express. The puzzling thing is that all was working fine until the end of may. I've looked at the SMTP in both Outlook and Outlook express and they are the same. I've tried sendinf a email from a different computer (with Outlook 2000 this time) with the same problem. I must admit to not understanding this problem! Any...

How to use autofilter in excel with formula reference changing
Hi, I have a table A B C 1 forro 120 2 ment 80 40 3 forro 50 30 4 ment 40 10 5 ment 30 10 6 forro 20 10 7 forro 10 10 8 forro 5 5 Starting from C2, the column C has a formula (=B1-B2) result = 40; (=B2-B3) result = 30; etc... When I apply autofilter the formula in cell C keeps the original information (=B1-B2), and I would like to have a formula to change and shows de result as below (=B1-B3) result = 70; (=B3-B6) result = 30; etc... A B C 1 forro 120 3 forro 50 70 6 forro 20 30 7 forro 10 10 8 forro 5 5 The objective is to have a formula considering jus...

disable unauthorized sending on IMC
Hello, my IMC on Exchange 5.5 is configured not to relay but it is still possible to connect to the IMC using telnet and sending message on behalf of any user known in the Exchange 5.5 GAL to any user in my company. How can I disable that? Thanks Rolf "Rolf Rettinger" <rolf.rettinger@tarsom.com> wrote: >my IMC on Exchange 5.5 is configured not to relay but it is still possible >to connect to the IMC using telnet and sending message on behalf of any user >known in the Exchange 5.5 GAL to any user in my company. How can I disable >that? Stop using SMTP. Seriou...

Can't Automatically Send/Receive
Using Microsoft Office 2003 through an exchange server. Even though all the right boxes are checked and/or unchecked (I think), I cannot get Outlook to automatically receive messages as they come in. I have to hit the send-receive button every time to see if new messages have arrived. HELP! "Jan Groshan" <jangro@pacbell.net> wrote in message news:BX69g.25353$4L1.16834@newssvr11.news.prodigy.com... > Using Microsoft Office 2003 through an exchange server. Even though > all the > right boxes are checked and/or unchecked (I think), I cannot get > Outlook to > ...

how to scan an image into new email message.
anyone know how to scan an image directly into a new outlook email as an attachment, with out saving the image to a disk manualy? -- 5khzgjf9e001@sneakemail.com The scanning software may have a "scan to email" function. James <See.My.Sig@The.Bottom.com> wrote: > anyone know how to scan an image directly into a new outlook email as > an attachment, with out saving the image to a disk manualy? Nothing can be on your computer without being on your disk, just like you cannot have a thought without it residing in your brain. -- Brian Tillman Brian Tillman wr...

A receipt highlighting if an email has been deleted unread
Hi! The above says it all really, as a recruiter pitching to new businesses everyday it would be invaluable to note if an email had been deleted unread by way of a receipt. This way the client could send out a subtle message to the recruiter and this would enable us to work on other ways to win over the client rather than assuming the email had been read and diregarded for other reasons. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button...

POP3 Email Accounts
I have added 5 POP email commections using the Exchange 2003 POP3 email manager tool and connected the delivery to 5 existing exchange email accounts. Each account can send out mail to the SMTP service but incomming mail is not placed in the associated exchange inbox for the accounts. Checking the application event log there are no errors just a confirmation of 5 email addresses created. Messages are removed from the POP ISP accounts associated with the requests and just disappear into the great Exchange black hole. Any Ideas S :) "Jasmor" <anonymous@discussions.m...

Problem w/email signature on scanned docs.
When we use our printer to scan a document to email, the email that comes up to send will not automatically add the signature that is set to go with mail from that user. Does anyone know if there is a setting I'm missing somewhere? We use Outlook 2003 and an HP LaserJet 3015 printer/scanner/fax. Thank you Pearl King "Pearl King" <paking@kc.rr.com> wrote in message news:e5tHJtuiJHA.956@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > When we use our printer to scan a document to email, the email that comes > up to send will not automatically add the signature that is set to go wi...

Update Query Needed 04-12-07
Hello everyone... I have column of prefixes that I need to append numbers too... My column currently looks like this... 787-222 787-221 787-721 I need to make it look like this... 787-222=787 787-221=787 787-721=787 The table name is LocalFaxPrefixes How do you add the "=787" to the end of each line in that Cell without having to do it manually? I Know how to paste an SQL View to a query, I just don't know how to write it from scratch. Thanks in advance for your help. Dale On Thu, 12 Apr 2007 11:57:27 -0400, Bikini Browser wrote: > Hello everyone......

Need to add cell comments in unlocked cell on protected worksheet
Using Excel 2002, I have a worksheet that I have "protected" so that only a certain block of cells can be selected/edited. Today, I have a new requirement to be able to add/edit/delete cell comments on those cells that remain unlocked. But the options to do so on the cell context menu disappear when the worksheet is protected, but reappear when the worksheet is unprotected. When you protect the worksheet, scroll down and check "edit objects". This will allow comments to be added/removed/changed--along with other objects (pictures/shapes/etc). dan400man wrote: >...

OL2007/Vista send problem
I have a problem sending email from OL2007, it is intermittent and only seems to be to selected email addys, although I cannot figure out why it sends to some and not to others. When attempting to send to some addys the send/receive goes absolutely crazy, with the number of tasks constantly increasing. The email does not send, and I have to close outlook and wait for 30secs for it to close itself down without sending the emails. Any suggestions as to why this is happening/how to fix it will be gratefully received!! ...

Outlook Encrypted Email Sending
Is it possible to configure an Outlook user to have encryption work as follows If I am sending an email to two people and I have a public key for one but not the other. Could Outlook inform me that I do not have the public key for one of the two people and ask me if I want to send it unencrypted? ...

Restore files only view the last month emails
I have outlook 2003 i added mi windows XP Pro to Domain then Xp create a new profile. I try to restore files from old user profile, but when i made it Only e-mails from last month and past appears !!! Please if somebody have any answer for this problem Please Help me After to made it i clean a virus called BackDoor.Berbew.F but i don't know if this was the problem. I search for All Pst files and any have mails from this month June ...