Cannot save personal options in crm 4 - Error "The text entered ex

I am getting an error message " the text entered exceeds the maximum length"
if I try and save any settings in personal options

Using CRM 4.0

Anyone else having the same issue ?

0
Kirpalani (1)
1/21/2010 2:23:02 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Do Not Allow Email Option
It seems that if you have the email option set to “Do Not Allow”, then you cannot send an email to the contact from CRM. Does anyone know how to turn off this code? I do not think it can be done and in the meantime I have offered the following option to the client… Option 1 – Have all users send the email from Outlook itself, I recommend this option as it offer a more robust email tool than the CRM Email window. Option 2 – Expose the field again and allow the users to change it as needed Option 3 – Set all contact to email = Allow/Yes …. Any insight is extremely appreciated. ...

Unable to save password in Outlook 2003

Managing Views in CRM 3.0
I'm looking for a tool with wich i can manage views in CRM 3.0. Now it's a lot of work to create and maintain a consistent set of custom views. For example: the skill levels of our users have to be visible in the Service Calendar. Therefor i created custom fields with 5 levels (none...expert) and in these views users are filtered (filter: show only skill level moderate...expert). Now, when products come and go, i have to create more views. If somebody wants to see an extra column/field, i have to change 24 views now... So: who has some good advice? Thanks, Hans ...

Save and save as

ATI Catalyst 10.4's are out
There's a new release of ATI drivers for their graphic cards. http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_catalyst.aspx It corresponds to the April release. Better late than never. A few fixes related to HD playback and, of course, game fixes. Carlos Thanks as always Carlos.. now lets see if I can get that 7.4 just a little higher.. "Carlos" <Carlos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:502FF3E0-4371-43AE-8F93-3C7D48B6987F@microsoft.com... > There's a new release of ATI drivers for their graphic cards. > http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_catalyst.a...

Unable to deliver the message due to a recipient problem #4
Hi All, I am running Exchsrvr 5.5 SP4 with Post Sp4 fixes in installed. I have a user who sent an email to 4 recipients in the company and he got this error "Unable to deliver the message due to a recipient problem". None of the article in the knowledge base can help Anyone ever encountered this? Did any of them receive the message? Please post the complete NDR. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Vincez" <Vincez@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AFF49776-E253-4469-9561-140824BDBC05@microso...

Text box in the Bar chart
I have inserted text box in the Bar chart. not able to format the text inside the text box... any guidance please.......its bit urgent You can control the box by right clicking and choosing "Properties." I don't think you can change the text settings - or if there is a way, I haven't found it. - Andrew Lavinsky Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm > I have inserted text box in the Bar chart. not able to format the text > inside the text box... > any guidance please.......its bit urgent mukund.y -- Select the text inside the text b...

Saving Images

Canadian CRM Discussion List
Hi all: If anyone working with CRM is located in Canada, please let me know as I would like to get some discussion groups going. Thanks. John. John Feel free to ask any crm questions here as we have an international audience "John Straumann" <jstraumann@cogeco.ca> wrote in message news:eMioB96qDHA.2520@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hi all: > > If anyone working with CRM is located in Canada, please let me know as I > would like to get some discussion groups going. > > Thanks. > > John. > > ...

"Unattainable" savings goals

Saving default tabs

Save to unProtect a Document?

Save csv format to dbf format

Adding text to a form
I tried to find an answer today but I could not I wan't to insert a stic help text in the accounts form. I do not want to use popups I jest want to put a text in the bottom of the form How do I do this? I had the same problem - I ended up creating a section to use that as my static text. You would think there would be a better solution that that, but I could not find any. "stella7113" wrote: > I tried to find an answer today but I could not > > > > I wan't to insert a stic help text in the accounts form. I do not want > to use popups I jest want...

How to show multi-line text on a tooltip(CToolTipCtrl)?
Thanks! You can use SetMaxTipWidth and then use \r\n to break lines. --- Ajay Thanks a lot! I used SetMaxTipWidth( 1024 * 8 ) to support this feature successfully. But there is not any official documents from MS I can find to introduce that SetMaxTipWidth can produce this effect. So maybe I wanna do more test on different Window OSes. Thanks again! "Ajay Kalra" <ajaykalra@yahoo.com> news:1160827675.832962.264430@h48g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... > You can use SetMaxTipWidth and then use \r\n to break lines. > --- > Ajay > You could try this control that Dun...

Formatting text string
Justify Distributed: I'm trying to redistribute a single long text string from one cell (continued over may cell in that same row) to an area below consisting of several rows and cells. Note: I thought that in the pest I accomplish this by selecting the intended area and then formatting re Format / Justify Distributed. But now that box is grayed out. Is that formatting option no longer available? -- Paul Ops! I forgot to mention... We're running Excel 2002. -- Paul "Paul from B I" wrote: > Justify Distributed: I'm trying to redistribute a single long tex...

Daylight Savings Time #2

Probl�me to start reporting with CRM 3.0
Hello We have the CRM 3.0. In fact I made a report with visual studio 2005 with SQL Server 2005. The report has a hidden parameter. When I The visualized with visual studio, it works well. But when I includes the Level of CRM and try to start my error: "Reporting Services Error" "For more information about this error navigate to the report on the server Local server machine, or enable remote errors " "SQL Server Reporting Services Think you for your assistance Are you using a shared data source in your report? If you run the report directly from the CRM server, it...

Installing CRM on 2003 Web Edition
Has anyone installed CRM 1.2 on Windows Server 2003 Web Edition. The implementation guide is says it is a supported OS, I am planning on attaching WS03 Web Edition to an SBS 2003 server. I know that the supported configuration has everything on the single SBS box, but I would much rather put some things on other boxes. I am also planning on putting SQL Server on its own box as well. Any comments on this configuration? thanks, Geoff Hi, Beware that SQL Server cannot be installed on a Web Server edition ! -- Olivier Schmitt Microsoft Business Solutions Support Ce message est fourni...

Personal macros file
I keep a number of blocks of code in my personal.xls startup file just to have them readily at hand and perform routine tasks more quickly (and sometimes to save bits that were hard to figure out how to do). My company has chosen a somewhat chaotic approach to transitioning staff/depts from Excel 2003 to 2007, resulting in my needing to have both application versions on my PC at the same time. Believe me, I KNOW this is not recommended. So, here is my question. I've succeeded in creating one personal.xls file in my startup folder that opens for either application - though...