Cannot Run Report - Get Error Message

I created some reports last year that totalled by Quarter. Everything
ran good for me (Administrator) and the Office Manager (also an
Administrator).

The person taking over the Marketing Reports tried to run the reports
himself the other day, and got the following error:

An error has occured during report processing. (rsProceesingAborted)
     Query execution failed for data set 'blahblah_mscrm'.
(rsErrorExecutingCommand)
               EXECUTE permission denied on object 'Fn_GroupQuarter',
database
               'blahblah_mscrm', owner 'dbo'.

I've run through the basic security stuff that I know about, but I'm
not to sure where this issue lies, or can be fixed. Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Ken
0
kwcraft (9)
1/30/2008 7:37:30 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

On Jan 30, 2:37=A0pm, KenCraft <kwcr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I created some reports last year that totalled by Quarter. Everything
> ran good for me (Administrator) and the Office Manager (also an
> Administrator).
>
> The person taking over the Marketing Reports tried to run the reports
> himself the other day, and got the following error:
>
> An error has occured during report processing. (rsProceesingAborted)
> =A0 =A0 =A0Query execution failed for data set 'blahblah_mscrm'.
> (rsErrorExecutingCommand)
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0EXECUTE permission denied on object 'Fn_Gro=
upQuarter',
> database
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0'blahblah_mscrm', owner 'dbo'.
>
> I've run through the basic security stuff that I know about, but I'm
> not to sure where this issue lies, or can be fixed. Can anyone help?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ken

SCRATCH THAT. I figured it out while I was typing the message...

I had to turn EXECUTE Permissions on for the Security group on the
custom Function.

thanks
0
kwcraft (9)

undeliverable message #4
Hello, Every once in awhile some users get the following message: -----Original Message----- From: System Administrator Sent: Tuesday, December 07, 2003 9:09 AM To: Lastname, Firstname Subject: Undeliverable: subject text Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: subject text Sent: 12/7/2003 9:09 AM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: Lastname, Firstname on 12/7/2003 9:09 AM The recipient was unavailable to take delivery of the message MSEXCH:MSExchangeIS:SITE:SERVERNAME This thing is random, it ...

Auto-print Pivot Table Report that cycles through all Page Field values...
Suppose I have a pivot report with a Page Field. In my case, it allows a drilled-down view for a given state using source data covering all states. Pretty common use case, I imagine. I'd like to be able to have excel print a multi-page report for all states (not together, but individually). It should just cycle through all values of the page-field value. This seems like a pretty basic thing to want to do with a pivot table but so far I don't see that it's possible. I mean, sheesh, they even called it the "page field" as if it's supposed to be part of a multi-pag...

CRM 1.0 Crystal Print report error
Hi I am trying to use the builtin crystal reports and every report is coming back with the below error any advice on how to solved this? Regards J Error encountered by Crystal PageServer ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- ---- The error message returned is: Error detected by database DLL. [On Cache/Page Server: CRMSERVER.pageserver] You may need to restart your Crystal Services on your application server: You can accomplish this via the following stepsL 1. Click Start, point to Programs, point to Crystal Enterprise, and click Crystal Con...

Need only one DLL instance to run...

How to create a "SO on hold" report in SmartList?
Hi, I tried both (GP -> SmartList -> Sales Transactions) and (GP -> SmartList -> Sales Line Items) and add "SO Number" and "Hold" two columns into the report. We do have lots of SO are on hold, but in the "Hold" column it shows "no" for all SOs. Can anyone show me how to create a "SO on hold" report in the SmartList? Thank you very much. stien You wont find this in Smartlist unless you have Smartlist Builder. You need to report agains the SOP10104 Table, the Sakes Process Holds Work and History table. This table contains...

run time error 10-22-03

Payables Batch error
Hi All, While trying to run Payables Checks (In payables management) we got the following error message: Duplicate check numbers exist for checks in batch To resolve this error, we closed out of the windows so that we could try and recover our check batch, but the batch is not available in the batch recovery window. When we try to view the payables batch (Transactions->Purchasing->Batches), the batch status is stuck on "Check Processing" and when we select that batch, we get the following error message: This batch cannot be edited. Please check the batch status in Batch...

System Error when opening Excel 2007
A client is receiving this error "system Error &H80004005(-2147467259)" in excel 2007 when opening a new file or an exisiting file. This error came up after visio 2003 was uninstalled and visio 2007 got installed on his system. This error can be a lot, and I looked a bit around where they say it might be something with memory. But then I wonder why he never gave this error before untill visio 2007 got installed. Any help is welcome and I would be very thankfull to those who can help me in this issue. Greetz ...

Automatically run macro

Excel Continuous Running Total

FRx report #2
Hi, I have an Income Statement in FRx which is restricted in the row format to pull a specific department and also uses account filters with the same restriction in the column format. I now have to modify that report to include a new department that just got created. In the column format, I included a separate column in the Month-to-date and YTD sections with the account filters restricted to that department. The problem with the report is that it doesn't tie with the GL trial balance. I'm not sure what the problem is but I'm guessing is with the row format. I would appreciate any...

Preview
I am using Publisher 2007 with Windows 7 and everytime I try to preview the document, Publisher goes into "not responding" mode and resets the preview all over again and again and again.... Any ideas how to fix this? Is your video/graphics driver current? Take a look at the 4th FAQ here: http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs Windows 7 may have the display properties placed differently. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Ulli" <Ulli@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DEB7AA38-7A4F-4F36-842D-EB8CF67ABD01@microsoft.com... ...

Extracting Email Addresses within Message
Help! I have been receiving a very large amount of returned email errors. Over 200. In order to properly investigate and validate email addresses enclosed in each returned email error message, I need to create a complete list of them. Without going into each and everyone to cut & paste. That would take way longer than I have available. Is there a method or freeware utilities that could extract all email addresses from within the message area of each email automatically? Thank in advance. //Ken The root-cause of these messages are probably spammers and virus-infected machines on the...

Saving reports as a .pdf or .rpt file.
Hello: Can someone please tell me how I can save my Excel reports as a .pdf or .rpt file, if this is possible? Your help is greatly appreciated. Regards, Dinesh. Dinesh, Not sure about .rpt files, but to save as a pdf you need to own the full version of acrobat (not just the reader). Then you can print to pdf. Dan E "Dinesh" <needhelp@needhelp.com> wrote in message news:0b4401c381eb$aea173a0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Hello: > > Can someone please tell me how I can save my Excel reports > as a .pdf or .rpt file, if this is possible? Your help is > greatly...

Money 2002 will not run

Access 2007 Layout View for reports upgraded from Access 2003
I notice that in Access 2007 only those reports newly created in Access 2007 appear to have access to Layout View. In an ACCDB that had been converted from an Access 2003 MDB the reports that had originally been created in Access 2003 do not have access to this feature. Any attempt to do so is met with a "Layout view is unavailable for this Report." message. Is there any way, short of recreating the report and manually copying over its controls and code, to upgrade such reports so that Layout View is accessible? Hi Benjamin, 1. Open the report in design view 2. Open the property s...

Re: Workflow just wont run automatically, i have to run them manually
Yes, but i realized what i was doing wrong. I assumed [bad idea] that if i create a case and hit Save & Close the first time, taht the rule will run. In order for the rule to run automatically, it has to be Save, once it saves it, then Save & Close. Thanks for your reply. "Hi, Did you check the workflow monitor to see if the rules get triggered correctly and complete sucessfully ? Have a nice day, St=E9phane Dorrekens " --------------= Posted using GrabIt =---------------- ------= Binary Usenet downloading made easy =--------- -= Get GrabIt for free from http://...

Not-Selling Item Report
Is there a not-selling item report available? I would like to know which of my items have not sold in a certain period. There is a Last Sold column available on the Item reports. You could filter the report by this column. -- Jason Hunt Advanced Computer Systems Thanks for your help. This is exactly what I was looking for. (Should have found that myself). "Jason Hunt" <jhunt@advcs.ca> wrote in message news:f525685410ce8c7c3eeb9ee49c0@news.microsoft.com... > There is a Last Sold column available on the Item reports. You could > filter the report by this co...

Error message Importing INV File
I am using Money 2005 Samll Business and when I try to import a custom invoice I receive the following error message. Money cannot import an INV file that was created before July, 2002. Please try importing a more recent version of the file. I just created my file tonight and the properties say it was created 11/19/04 so there should be no problem with the date. I am set up for US regional settings. Has anyone ran into this and figured a way around it? Thanks, ...

Outlook Still Running
I am running XP Pro with Office 2003 Pro and sometimes when I exit out of Outlook, Outlook.exe and Winword.exe stay as processes still running. Does anyone else have this problem and what can do to make sure this does not happen? Thanks for your help -- Neil Remove ABCD from Email address to reply <neil154ABCD@earthlink.net> wrote: > I am running XP Pro with Office 2003 Pro and sometimes when I exit > out of Outlook, Outlook.exe and Winword.exe stay as processes still > running. Does anyone else have this problem and what can do to make > sure this does not happ...

percentages calculated for a report
I have a report for a query that pulls from 3 tables. The main table contains employee hours by month and budget code. The supplemental tables contain budget code descriptions and additional employee information. In the code footer, I calculate the total hours by code for the year-to-date. In the employee footer, I calculate the total hours by employee for the year-to-date. What I would like to add is column that shows the total hours by code as a percent of the total hours by employee. Is this possible? If so, how do I do it? Hello. C. Adamek wrote: > I have a r...

Very strange problems while running Great Plains on workstations
I notice that a few workstations in an office I support are having problems when they run Great Plains. Excel, Outlook, Word and Dynamics.exe are showing in the Application event log as being Hanging or Faulting. I also see Fault Bucket errors, but when I search online I cannot find any information online. Here is one of the Fault Bucket errors: 3:15:35 pm 28-Sep-06 Application Hang None 1001 N/A Fault bucket 296734104. Also, these workstations are experiencing problems printing PDF files. Has anyone out there seen this behavior and if so, how can these problems be fixed? Thank you, ...