Cannot open reports from outlook client

Hey,

I have 2 clients with the same problem in that they cannot open reports
from the outlook client, but they can access the reports successfully
if they run the reports from the server, or if they access the reports
web site directly, eg http://server/reports

I have checked all registry entries and config files to make sure they
specify the server name and not localhost or a dns entry, but still no
go.

Both clients are running SBS 2003 with outlook 2003 sp2.

Anyone have any other ideas?

Thanks,

Topher

0
topher
5/26/2006 1:33:19 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Maybe this will help. Anne

Error message when you try to start Microsoft Outlook after you install the
Microsoft Dynamics CRM client for Outlook: "There is a problem communicating
with the Microsoft CRM Server"
View products that this article applies to.
Article ID : 910090
Last Review : 2006-05-23
Revision : 2.0
SYMPTOMS
You receive the following error message when you try to start Microsoft
Outlook:
There is a problem communicating with the Microsoft CRM Server. The server
might be unavailable. Try again later. If the problem persists, contact your
system administrator.
If you click OK, you receive the following error message:
An error occurred loading Microsoft CRM functionality. Try restarting
Microsoft Outlook. Contact your system administrator if error persists.
This issue occurs after you install the Microsoft Dynamics CRM client for
Microsoft Office Outlook (the Outlook client).
CAUSE
This issue occurs if you used the IP address of the Microsoft Dynamics CRM
server instead of the DNS name during the Outlook client installation. An
example of a DNS name is http://crm.
RESOLUTION
To resolve this issue, add the IP address of the Microsoft Dynamics CRM
server to the Trusted Sites list of the Local intranet zone on the Outlook
client computer:1. Start Internet Explorer.
2. On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
3. Click the Security tab.
4. Click Local intranet, click Sites, and then click Advanced.
5. In the Add this Web site to the zone box, type the IP address of the
Microsoft CRM server, and then click OK three times.
6. Restart Microsoft Outlook.

--
Anne Stanton
The Norwich Group

"topher" wrote:

> Hey,
>
> I have 2 clients with the same problem in that they cannot open reports
> from the outlook client, but they can access the reports successfully
> if they run the reports from the server, or if they access the reports
> web site directly, eg http://server/reports
>
> I have checked all registry entries and config files to make sure they
> specify the server name and not localhost or a dns entry, but still no
> go.
>
> Both clients are running SBS 2003 with outlook 2003 sp2.
>
> Anyone have any other ideas?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Topher

Hi Anne,

thanks for the reply but unfortunately it has not resolved the problem.

The client install was done using the machine name for the server, and
the port number remains at 5555.

Should I do the same for the server name by adding it to the local
intranet trusted sites list?

Thanks again for your reply.

Chris

0
topher

Outlook will not connect
I have just purchased a new HP computer with Vista and also Office 2007. I cannot get Outlook to work. Upon clicking on the icon I get a blue page with the message “The connection to Microsoft Exchange is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete this action.” Then a popup asking for server and mailbox info. I have filled this in and pressed ok. I get a message- “Cannot open your default email folders. The file C:\Users\Joseph\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook.ost is not a offline folder file.” I can get no help online or anywhere else. Can you help? Many thanks, Jo...

Hyperlinks and outlook
Everytime I press a hyperlink, outlook express starts, but I want outlook 2000 to start instead, how do I change that? I already changed it on the control panel + internet options, and have it pointing to outlook 2000 but still launches outlook express. Any ideas? See if the tip in the first highlighted section of the following article works for you: http://www.slipstick.com/config/defaultmailer.htm -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:8S5Ab.14154$...

report disappeared
I was trying to run a Documenter report showing all object permissions. It had an error so didn't complete the report. Now when I try to do it again I get an error that says "Table 'doc.tblObjects' already exists" but I can't find the report anywhere. Where would it be? It should be where ever your Word has for default file location - maybe My Documents.' When you get that message just let Access overwrite it with the latest report. -- KARL DEWEY Build a little - Test a little "Kim" wrote: > I was trying to run a Documenter report showing all...

Outlook 2000 won't start
After fighting spyware for 2 days last week, Outlook 2K has stopped running on a Win2K machine. I can see the calendar & appointments when starting, but an immediate error pops up that says "Operation Failed" then the program crashes. We've tried the inbox repair tool (no problems found), uninstalling and reinstalling Outlook, command line Outlook safe mode. It still won't start. Possibly related problem: in Control Panel | Mail... we can't pull up the profile. When Mail is clicked, nothing happens, so we can't edit, delete or add a profile. Any suggesti...

Publisher 2000

Outlook Calander #3
Does anybody know if there is a way to have Outlooks calendar display the month with "full squares" for Sat and Sun just like other days of the week in the month display mode. I have a lot going on the weekends. Having Sat/Sun as one "square" makes it difficult to read. I cannot see any way to do this from the buttons menu. I am using Office Outlook 2003. Thanks in advance right click on the calendar and choose other settings - untick the compress weekend days option. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNo...

Microsoft CRM Reporting Services DateTime Parameter
Hello, I've built a report for a client using Reporting Services in VIsual Studio 2005. The report is viewed in CRM 3.0. I have, among others, 2 parameters that are using DateTime format. The client would like to be able to enter parameters for not only date, but time of day as well. As of right now, the parameter control only allows them to enter a date. I have been unable to find a way to expand the selection to include the desired time of day to the parameter. Is this even supported? Thanks, CJ ...

opening links in outlook

Outlook Mail Editor Does Not Close When Outlook Closes
Config: WIN2K & Outlook 2K with latest service packs. Word is my email editor. When I close Outlook the WINWORD.EXE process continues to run. (There are no open email messages when I close Outlook.) If I subsequently open Word it will not to print because it says a default printer does not exist. If I stop the WINWORD.EXE process in the Task Manager before launching Word it prints fine. I couldn't find an applicable Knowledge Base article for this. Any help is greatly appreciated. Geary ...

Problem trying to open old money file

Email with tiny attachments open slow

Outlook 2003 stops writing
when writing the text the keyboard seems to lose contact with the system and interrups writing for a few seconds. The marker disappears and there is no memory of the keys used. It happens both with the built-in keyboard on my laptop as well as when I use an externa keyboard. Vista Premium. -- gunsan That is more likely to be a problem with win, or your hardware "gunsan" <gunsan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4522D556-4482-4179-B34A-8B97BB8E7B3D@microsoft.com... > when writing the text the keyboard seems to lose contact with the system > and > ...

Need an open house sign in sheet

cannot open excel file from outlook

opening links

report definition not valid
Good Afternoon. I have been getting this error recently. "The report definition is not valid. Details: The report definition element 'ConnectionProperties' is empty" Every time I make changes to the report and save it, an incomplete ConnectionProperties element is added back to the rdl as follows: <ConnectionProperties> <ConnectString /> <IntegratedSecurity>true</IntegratedSecurity> </ConnectionProperties> If I remove this element and run the report, it works again until I make another change to the re...

Purchase Request Resolution Report contains no data
Our user would like to print all the items listed in Purchase Request Resolution Grid but when we click on the Print button the report doesn't bring up any data. Any idea? Speedy, The report attached to the print button on Purchasing Request Resolution contains the "Actions" that were taken on items in the window. For example. Action Performed PO Number Vendor ID Vendor Name Vendor Item Number Item Number Item Description Quantity Ordered U of M Site ID Due Date =================================================...

Outlook 2002 Spam Filter freeware?
I'm looking for Anti SPAM freeware/shareware, that acts as a plug-in to Outlook 2002 and deletes Spam from my email server, without downloading it to Outlook at all. Thus when running outlook it would interact with the Anti Spam software and receive only non-spam through it (subject to a learning process obviously!). Thanks in anticipation :) Google is your friend. However, that plug-in would not be an Outlook plug-in since Outlook has nothing to do with deleting from server prior to download, via rules or any other method. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies t...

Outlook error codes
I would appreciate any help! Outlook 2007 refuses to startup, error messsage: catastrophic failure (0x8000FFFF) and the following: C:\Users\Matt\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\ Outlook.pst is not a personal folders file. error code now being displayed: 0x80040119 (is this a registry problem?) the above was the default folder and as such contains a large amount of my inaccessible data Have been unable to activate (or even locate) inbox repair tool (Scanpst.exe), which I understand was installed with Outlook have neutralized spyware uninstalled and reinstalled Outlook 2007, to no ...