Cannot delete xml file - file based event scheduling - 172387

Hi,

I have a report scheduled with File based event scheduling in CR XI
Server version 11.5. The report is created with XML file as its
datasource. The report will be triggered if the event of xml file is
created in the source directory.
As per the schedule, it will look for the event to occur every 1
minute. Since I need to  enerate this report everytime the file comes
into the directory, I have to delete the file after  he report is
generated, so that, next time the file comes in, the report will be
generated  again. After the report is run for the first time
successfuly as the event occurs, I'm not able to delete the xml file,
so that I can place the file again into the same directory for the
report to get triggered again.
I have two versions of crystal reports server installed in two
different servers. One is the trial version (version 11.0) and the
other one is the purchased one (version 11.5) This operation of
deleting the xml file is working fine in the trial version but not on
the other. I found upon analysis that after successful generation of
the report, java.exe is invoked in the task manager and this is not
allowing to delete the xml file. If I kill the java.exe file, I'm able
to delete the xml file.

But, I could not see any java.exe file being invoked in the trial
version server. I'm able to delete as many times as I want and generate
the report as many times on the occurrence of the event.

0
karthik
8/25/2006 2:52:01 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Getting an error in my xml schema editor code.
Hi, I have an xsd file like this. <xsd:schema xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns="generic" elementFormDefault="qualified" targetNamespace="generic"> <xsd:element name="bookstore" type="bookstoreType"/> <xsd:complexType name="bookstoreType"> <xsd:sequence maxOccurs="unbounded"> <xsd:element name="book" type="bookType"/> </xsd:sequence> </xsd:complexType> <xsd:complexType name="bookType&q...

Cannot delete subreport

I would like to make a schedule for my dept. Who works what days .
I am supervisor for a nursing dept. I need to make a schedule for them to follow as to who works when and what shift. I need to be sure they all get the hours that they are required to work. Is there a template that would help me and be able to sort things out in the schedule as well? ...

How to Recover Deleted Sent Mail?

XPathDocument and retrieving xml string
I load an xml stream into a xpathdocument type, compile a xpath expression and select to specific node. I find the node and wish to return the innerxml of that node. When I use value of the current node I get back the "values" of the child nodes but no formatted xml which I need for transformations later in the sequence. Is there a way to pull pure xml from the xpathdocument? Robert Strickland wrote: > I load an xml stream into a xpathdocument type, compile a xpath expression > and select to specific node. I find the node and wish to return the innerxml > of that node....

Rule for Deleted Items

interesting way to schedule MS Access jobs
Hi everyone, I ran across some neat software to schedule MS Access database tasks to run any time of the day. Also, it doesn't rely on Windows Scheduled Tasks, so that is good. It uses it's own scheduling engine, check it out: http://macros.subpacket.com Cheers, Chris Hi Chris The standard guarantee is something like this We're so confident that macro scheduler will save you time and money by running tedious macro tasks late at night that if you are having any problems whatsoever, we will REFUND YOUR MONEY Instead this programme gives this We're so confident that m...

Making changes to customizations.xml and re-importing
On one of my first installations, using the wizard, I made the mistake of renaming accounts to vendors. Using customization, I went into the account entity and changed every reference to vendor to account that I could. But in some of the public views, like when I click account using Internet Explorer the first column says vendor name. If I export customizations and open the customizations.xml in FrontPage I can find all the references to vendor name. [We have a graphic design department, so we are a little familiar with XML, but the inpact of changes on MS CRM 3.0. They feel it is s...

Delete macros

OK to delete Deleted Items folder?

Microsoft Dynamics RMS Live Chat scheduled for May 7 #2
On Thursday, May 7th, 2009, the Microsoft Dynamics Retail Management System (RMS) team will host a Live Chat from 10 a.m. until 11 a.m. PT. In this chat, our experts will take questions on Service Pack 3 for Microsoft Dynamics RMS. If we get a high volume of questions during the chat, our experts might not be able to respond to all of them within time allowed. In that event, our experts will respond after the chat ends, to the extent possible, and their answers will be included in the transcript for the chat. The transcript will be posted to the Using Microsoft Dynamics RMS site appro...

How to delete chart

Delete blank Last page

SelectSingleNode returning undefined value:imsmanifest.xml
I tried so many ways to select the node but its not working, please help. I want to research by the identifier in imsmanifest.xml file, the node could be item or resource. XmlDocument doc = new XmlDocument(); try { string node = Request.QueryString["node"]; //getting nodeid from query string doc.Load(Session["xmlFile"].ToString()); //load xml file from session variable //Create an XmlNamespaceManager for resolving namespaces. XmlNamespaceManager nsmgr = new XmlNamespaceManager(doc.NameTable); //there are two namespaces not sure i...

Deleting an email

OWA: Combining form-based & basic HTTP auth
Hello, Is it possible to enable both form-based and HTTP authentication at the same time for an OWA server in Exchange 2003? I've been trying to do this for the last day or so and have not been having much luck. I would like to have both because each method has its advantages. Form-based auth allows session timeouts and compression (why is compression tied to the form method by the way?). HTTP auth prevents unauthenticated users from knowing that you have an OWA server there as they hit the HTTP auth before they can learn anything except you are running IIS. I can use either in...

#Deleted

outlook deletes inbox mail
On about three occaisions, my computer has restarted itself while Outlook Express, and sometimes other applications have been open, without my prompting it to do so. Upon rebooting, my Outlook inbox messages are completely wiped out, however, my sent folders and deleted messages, address book, ect. remain the same, and with no data lost. Can someone tell me what has happened, or perhaps how I can recover these lost emails? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, C.C. Outlook or Outlook Express? If Outlook Express and you search your drive (use advanced option for hidden f...

Can I delete this from ADSI?
Hi all, I am upgrating Exchange 2K to Exchange 2K3 and removed the Mobile information Server (which we never used it). But, I can see the CN=Microsoft-Mobile-Information-Server under configuration -->Services from ADSIedit. Can I safely delete this? or If I do not delete this, wii it have any issue with exchange 2003 mobile? Thanks! Exchange Server 2003 mobility features do not rely on that. Saving a LDIF dump may be a good idea before you delete - this provides ability to recreate the object if required. -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.e...

Event 418 SMTPSVC Virtual Server
We're running Exchange 2003 on a Windows 2000 server and are getting 418 events with smtpsvc everytime we restarts the server: Virtual Server 2: SMTP server cannot read metabase key MailPickupDir. I've used MetaEdit 2.2 and removed the LM\SmtpSvc\2 key, but it keeps returning everytime I restart the Exchange Server, and I can't find out what's causing it to reappear?! Does anyone have a clue? We only have one SMTP Virtual Server, so it must be some old stuff that's causing it, but how can I found out what? Thanks in advice! Exchange stores its configuration (SMTP ...

Permanently delete only mail from Blocked Senders?
Outlook 2003 Is it possible to configure Junk Email Options to do the following? - Permanently delete mail from Blocked Senders (without sending it to the Junk Email Folder)? - And have suspected junk email from as-yet-unblocked senders sent to the Junk Email Folder (to allow me to determine whether I want to block that sender)? It appears that the "Permanently delete suspected junk email instead of moving it to the Junk Email Folder" checkbox (Junk Email Options > Options tab) would delete suspected junk email from as-yet-unblocked senders -- some of which you might want to re...