cannot create users 09-09-03

Hi everyone;

I have installed CRM on the same machine as SQL server.

1. I can't create users using the CRM website(which is
http://localhost and logged in as domain admin), but I can
do it through CRM deployment manager, user manager. when I
enter user credential and click save, it gives me a big
error message like; A POTENTIALLY DANGEROUS REQUEST.FORM
value was detected from the client and etc...

2. when I want to create a qeue, it asks for the owner,
first of all I don't know what to enter for the owner, and
secondly when I want to enter a username that is to be
looked up in active directory, it is not able to confirm
any names entered and would not allow me to go forward, so
I am not able to create a qeue either.

I would appreciate it if you could give me some hints
regarding the above problems.

Farshad
0
farshad
9/9/2003 11:29:44 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Farshad,

What version of the .Net framework do you have installed on the CRM server?

On the Queue item, the "owner" needs to be a CRM defined user.  So, until
you get the users defined, you aren't going to have much luck assigning
queues to them.

"farshad" <farshad@seancesoft.com> wrote in message
[...]

Matt
9/10/2003 6:50:08 PM
Hi Matt;

it is dotnetframework 1.1 and regarding the owner for the
queue user, I already have three users defined in the user
manager and even given one the system admin role, but when
I try to lookup the user while creating a queue, the
search brings up no such user. thanks for the help.

Farshad

0
farshad
9/10/2003 8:27:26 PM
the problems of not being able to find users while
creating a queue is solved now, but when I want to save
the queue, I get the same error message as when creating
regular users.

Regards,
Farshad

0
farshad
9/10/2003 9:13:07 PM
I thought as much.  The 1.1 framework is not supported with CRM.  You need
to uninstall it and install the 1.0 SP2 version for CRM to work.

Hi Matt;

it is dotnetframework 1.1 and regarding the owner for the
queue user, I already have three users defined in the user
manager and even given one the system admin role, but when
I try to lookup the user while creating a queue, the
search brings up no such user. thanks for the help.

Farshad

0
Matt
9/10/2003 9:47:37 PM
Hi Matt;

I just uninstalled dotnet framework 1.1 and reinstalled
1.0 instead, also installed 1.0 sp2. but CRM does not come
up when I type http://localhost and instead gives me an
error message.

Farshad

0
Farshad
9/11/2003 12:42:33 AM
Farshad,

I think you need to re-install CRM after the framework.  There are some
hooks that get made the need to be re-established and the re-install is the
safest option.

Matt

Hi Matt;

I just uninstalled dotnet framework 1.1 and reinstalled
1.0 instead, also installed 1.0 sp2. but CRM does not come
up when I type http://localhost and instead gives me an
error message.

Farshad

0
Matt
9/11/2003 2:39:58 AM
Hi Matt;

thank you for your excellent tip, I have done as you have
told me, uninstalling and reinstalling CRM, and I just
created a queue successfully. thanks again.

Farshad

0
farshad

create a roster

User prompted for password 5 times
One of my users is experiencing a very odd (at least to me) behavior. He is logged into his XP system which is joined to our Active Directory, no problems there. When he launches Outlook hs is prompted for his password for some reason. He has to enter his password and click OK, then repeat this step 5 times before it lets him in. Any thoughts? Thanks I'm having a similar problem. Also running XP and Outlook 2003. Did you get any answers? I haven't tried to authenticate 5 times but that should not be the answer! Right? >-----Original Message----- >One of my users is ex...

How do I include more Help options for really inexperienced users?
Things like on the forms (beside each label), how can i include a question mark symbol that, when the mouse hovers over it, shows the format needed for the data that should be input? e.g. contact number - 028 90 000000 You can easily do this with the Control Tip Text property. Open your form in design view and select the control which you want to show the format for. Open properties and go to the Other tab. Type in your example format in the Control Tip Text property. Steve santus@penn.com "laura" <laura@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:57...

Task Create - Status

Create external database

How to create pie chart with %

when form created

Managed user test
Posting this to see if my id identies me properly as a managed user. ------=_NextPart_0001_06BAC655 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Lisa, No, the tool that I'm using (an internal Microsoft Tool we use) doesn't show your thread as any of the "Managed" types of users. I only see this post because I was looking from Outlook Express from home last night and saw this query. Today I looked for it under Managed Users, didn't find it, then switch to "All" postings and there you were. I confess while I can answer technical types of ques...

Creating a Brochure

How to create Access macro shortcut

OWA and Domain\User Name Logon
Something strange happened to the logon requirements when logging onto OWA... Initially when I configured OWA the user was required to use his or her domain with their username when logging onto OWA. Now, the domain portion before the user name is no longer required. Although more convenient for the user to logon this way, I'd like to see the logon requirements as they were with the domain portion of the logon required. I am wondering what could have happened to change this feature. Any ideas? How would one change it back? Thanks in advance. Raymond- If somebody put a \ in the default...

Single user Outlook 2007 license for desktop and laptop
What is the cheapest way I can get an Outlook 2007 license that I can use on both my desktop and laptop? Richard As long as you are the only user, the license in a retail box is good for a desktop and a portable. it is not good for a desktop and a laptop if you and your spouse both use the computers - it has to be for computers that won't both be used at the same time. I highly recommend buying the office suite, not just outlook - you'll have a better experience when all of the office apps are the same version. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2...

Creating an ad book

Access unable to create an MDE

List all users with Send AS rights
Hello All, I need to find a utility or script that will show all users who have the Send AS right enabled. I have looked at the script in Microsoft KB Article 912918 and it list all users who have full mailbox rights but do not have Send AS rights. What I need is to list only the users who do have Send AS rights. Is there anyhting that will tell me who has Send AS rights? -- RS MCSE, MCP +I MCP See if this helps. Auditing Send-as and Receive As rights via script http://gsexdev.blogspot.com/2005/12/auditing-send-as-and-receive-as-rights.html James Chong Rschraeger wrote: > Hel...

form 09-06-07
I have two tables: tbl1: ID# Part#, Problem Description. tbl2: ID#, Supplier response Date1, Supplier response Date2. So, tbl2 is for the follow up information. I create a form: Field1: ID#, Field2: dlookup the information in tbl1. (no entry) Field3: Enter Supplier response Date1 Field4: Enter Supplier response Date2 The user enter ID#, then enter Field3 and Field4. But sometimes then enter Field3, then close the form. fews days later, come back and try to enter the Field4. But if they enter the same ID#, it doesn't show the Field3 is already enter. how can I make it when they enter...

create a database from which bibliography an be created
How do I create a database from which a bibliography can be added to the end of a Word document? I used the program RefManager, but that is too expensive for me to update. Does Word 2003 have such a program? Thanks Not natively. Have you checked your academic institution? They might have campus licenses which students can use at home. You could give Zotero a spin (www.zotero.org). Personally, I don't like it, but that's just me. Word 2007 comes with referencing capabilities, but they are limited in functionality. Anything special you want, you would have to add i...

Shared AD user- Licensing
For infrequent, web-only users, is it possible to create a single AD user, called CRMShare (or something similar), then let the infrequent users utilize this single AD logon to interact with CRM? I understand the security ramifications of taking this approach, but want to know if this is acceptable as a "security trade-off", or if it is in direct violation of the EULA. TIA -Rob when dealing with MS, the ole rule of thumb: when in doubt, you're violating the EULA..... call MBS, i doubt they'll charge you for such a question, better than asking people here... -gary &q...