cannot create new fields in CRM

Hi There,

we are having issue wher we can no longer add new attributes, we get the
error message saying

"An error has occoured, for more information contact your administrator."

As far as we know we haven't done anything that could have caused it, we are
running small business server 2003 and CRM version 3.0

Rgds,
Kyaw

0
Kyaw
2/15/2007 3:55:58 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

is the System Customizer role deleted?
if it is,

add the role back using the script found here:
http://groups.google.com.sg/group/microsoft.public.crm.developer/browse_thread/thread/826a19aab8ff173a/80d124150a51875c?lnk=st&q=mscrm+customizer+role+deleted&rnum=5&hl=en#80d124150a51875c

if not, try
start > all programs > administrative tools > Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1
Configuration

1. At the side bar of .NET Configuration 1.1, select Assembly Cache.
2. menu > Action > Add...
3. Browse to c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\bin (or the path your crm is installed)
4. Select Microsoft.Crm.MetadataService.dll
5. Open
6. Do an IISRESET

hope that helps.

"Kyaw Zay Ya" wrote:

> Hi There,
>
> we are having issue wher we can no longer add new attributes, we get the
> error message saying
>
> "An error has occoured, for more information contact your administrator."
>
> As far as we know we haven't done anything that could have caused it, we are
> running small business server 2003 and CRM version 3.0
>
> Rgds,
> Kyaw

Thanks so much your second suggestion fixed the issue.

Regards,
Kyaw

"olivevege" <olivevege@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> is the System Customizer role deleted?
> if it is,
>
> add the role back using the script found here:
> http://groups.google.com.sg/group/microsoft.public.crm.developer/browse_thread/thread/826a19aab8ff173a/80d124150a51875c?lnk=st&q=mscrm+customizer+role+deleted&rnum=5&hl=en#80d124150a51875c
>
> if not, try
> start > all programs > administrative tools > Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1
> Configuration
>
> 1. At the side bar of .NET Configuration 1.1, select Assembly Cache.
> 2. menu > Action > Add...
> 3. Browse to c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\bin (or the path your crm is installed)
> 4. Select Microsoft.Crm.MetadataService.dll
> 5. Open
> 6. Do an IISRESET
>
> hope that helps.
>

> "Kyaw Zay Ya" wrote:
>
>> Hi There,
>>
>> we are having issue wher we can no longer add new attributes, we get the
>> error message saying
>>
>> "An error has occoured, for more information contact your administrator."
>>
>> As far as we know we haven't done anything that could have caused it, we
>> are
>> running small business server 2003 and CRM version 3.0
>>
>> Rgds,
>> Kyaw

0
Kyaw
2/18/2007 10:37:27 AM
I too suddenly found I couldn't save new fields. The second of these
solutions also fixed the problem for me, so thank you. My concern is why this
happened in the first place - any thoughts ? Nothing changed on our server;
it just decided today to refuse to allow me to save fields. Odd. Many thanks,
James

"olivevege" wrote:

> is the System Customizer role deleted?
> if it is,
>
> add the role back using the script found here:
> http://groups.google.com.sg/group/microsoft.public.crm.developer/browse_thread/thread/826a19aab8ff173a/80d124150a51875c?lnk=st&q=mscrm+customizer+role+deleted&rnum=5&hl=en#80d124150a51875c
>
> if not, try
> start > all programs > administrative tools > Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1
> Configuration
>
> 1. At the side bar of .NET Configuration 1.1, select Assembly Cache.
> 2. menu > Action > Add...
> 3. Browse to c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\bin (or the path your crm is installed)
> 4. Select Microsoft.Crm.MetadataService.dll
> 5. Open
> 6. Do an IISRESET
>
> hope that helps.
>

> "Kyaw Zay Ya" wrote:
>
> > Hi There,
> >
> > we are having issue wher we can no longer add new attributes, we get the
> > error message saying
> >
> > "An error has occoured, for more information contact your administrator."
> >
> > As far as we know we haven't done anything that could have caused it, we are
> > running small business server 2003 and CRM version 3.0
> >
> > Rgds,
> > Kyaw

new groups, contacts not in GAL (outlook/SBS 2003)
Hi everyone. This is driving me insane. I have an account with outlook 2003 and the "Use cached exchange" option is off. I also repeatedly press F9 to no avail. My contacts and universal dist groups that I have created on the server just do not show up. I can email them fine if I fully specify the name (ie: mydistlist@mydomain.com), but I don't see them in the GAL! I do have one lone contact that DID get in the GAL, but I haven't a clue why or what is different about it. Does it matter in the "Active Directory Users and Computers" where you create thes...

Convert Numeric field to Date
Hello, I've seen similar questions to this but need some help/clarification. I have Access 2003 with linked tables to a DB2 database. The fields I am querying are numeric in this format 20070810 (yyyymmdd) What I am trying to do is display customer request date and actual ship date in mm/dd/yyyy format on one query. On another query I am trying to summarize item shipments by month. I know next to nothing about this. Any help with baby steps would be greatly appreciated. Probably easiest to convert the numeric value to a string, then convert to a date format for display. You say yo...

URL into a view in CRM 3.0
I'd like to be able to set up a link from our intranet to the Account manager screen, passing in a view paramenter. Is there any way to do this? Any documentation anywhere? Being able to pass in query parameters to the Advanced Find screen would work for me to. Thanks. ------=_NextPart_0001_BF73CA4F Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit <AW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I'd like to be able to set up a link from our intranet to the Account manager > screen, passing in a view paramenter. Is there any way to do this? Any > documentatio...

How to determine maximum size of field contents
How do I query the maximum size of the contents of a given text field? Also, any suggestions on how to write a query to return the maximum size of the contents of each text field in my database? I'm using Access 2003. Thanks, Pat Len(fieldName) will give you the size of the contents of the field. For any one table you can do the following query. SELECT Max(Len(FieldA)) as ASize , Max(Len(FieldB)) as BSize , Max(Len(FieldC)) as CSize , Max(Len(FieldD)) as DSize FROM YourTable If you want to get the max len of each field of each table, then I would write a VBA procedure to step thro...

Cannot Create Quick Campaign 07-27-06
When I've selected some contacts and clicked on "Create Quick Campaign", the page that pops up (http://crm/MA/MiniCampaign/iframes/emailForm.aspx) shows 2 script errors: An error has ocurred in the script on this page: 'null' is null or not an object And after that: An error has ocurred in the script on this page: Object doesn't support this property or method If I click 'Yes' or 'No' on the "do you still want to use scripts on this page"-poup, I countinue to create the campaign, but no emails are created. If I open the Quick Campaign ...

Make active contract/contractdetails fields read/write
By default MS CRM makes invoice/Active Contract and it's Contract Lines read-only. Is there a way to make some of Contract Lines/contractdetail fields read-write again ? ...

Changing the default value of the revenue field
Hey all. Interesting question... Is there a way to change the default value on the revenue field on the opportunity form from system calculated to user provided. We don't use quotes here, so it is an extra mouse click everytime someone creates an opportunity. TIA, Dave Hi, this field not is mandatory , then you can let it blank and save record if you dont use quotas in this level best regards! "Dave J" wrote: > Hey all. > > Interesting question... > > Is there a way to change the default value on the revenue field on the > opportunity form from syste...

sql to create totals
I have a query that counts the number of records where the criteria has defined values. This produces a list of the number of records for each month based on a field txtmonth . Here is the sql and the results. SELECT tblhvdealspt1.txtpurpose, Count(tblhvdealspt1.ID) AS CountOfID, tblhvdealspt1.txtmonth FROM tblhvdealspt1 WHERE (((tblhvdealspt1.txtpurpose)="Buyout" Or (tblhvdealspt1.txtpurpose) ="Refinancing" Or (tblhvdealspt1.txtpurpose)="Corporate Finance" Or (tblhvdealspt1.txtpurpose)="Restructuring")) GROUP BY tblhvdealspt1.txtpurpose, tbl...

Transport emails from one isp to new isp
I am considering changing from TimeWarner to AT&T uverse. TW does not limit my email storage capacity. Does uverse? What happens to my emails. Can I move to new Speed. Just ran speedtest.net and got 12.41 mb/s down and .49 mb/s up. Is that good and how does it compare to uverse? TIA -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com A1. Ask ATT A2. If you've already downloaded all messages from your Roadrunner account into Windows Mail, nothing will happen to them. Contact ATT for instrux on setting up your new account in Win...

Moving CRM 3.0 to new domain
Could you tell me what tool (what version of RT)should be used to move CRM 3.0 to new domain. As I notcied in this newgroup, in similar questions the answer is that Redeployment Tool but for which version? On the www, where I can downlad Redeployment Tool, there is only RT for MS cRM 1.0 or 1.2 Thanks in advance Lidia You'll find the redeployment tool on the 'server setup' cd for crm 3.0 cheers Rich "Lidia" wrote: > Could you tell me what tool (what version of RT)should be used to move CRM > 3.0 to new domain. As I notcied in this newgroup, in similar que...

New Colour Schemes
Does anyone know of a website I can go to to download or copy colour schemes? I have tried making my own, but they don't always look that good, and it's quite time-consuming. I would like to be able to download schemes that other people have made, or even to be able to input the hex values... Many thanks for your help. If you find a color you like use a color picker and duplicate it in Publisher. I don't think there is a place you can download color schemes. Maybe someone here would be willing to share their schemes. Pixie is a great little color picker tool and free. htt...

Re: Successfully activated new Deluxe license
Sorry, the store hours are 8AM-8PM central time "JohnA" <John@spamguard-TheAtas.org> wrote in message news:... > Phone number is 952-646-5047 - this is the direct number to the online > store customer service. They close at 10PM EST unlike the normal customer > service which is open much later. > > "MikeV06" <me@mycomputer06.invalid> wrote in message > news:9nk5jz2xkzof.dlg@mycomputer06.invalid... >> On 15 Jun 2009 21:10:44 GMT, Arthur Dent wrote: >> >>> My online services were due to expire in three months, so like ma...

Can't seem to enforce a newly created Recepient Policy...
Hi Everyone: I just created a new recepient policy. I would like this policy to set my newly created users in a specific OU to assign them a different email domain which in our case is NA.company.com when my users in that OU are created. I have created the new OU, and a universal security group in that OU as well as users. I make sure i put my users in that security group. My policy has the following filter rule: (&(&(&(objectCategory=*)(memberOf=CN=security_group_name,OU=OU_with_new_doma in_users,OU=OU_with_all_domain_users,DC=domain,DC=com)))) Now, when i add my users to...

Migrate CRM 4.0 instance to another server on a different domain
Hello, What would be the best way to migrate our current CRM database to another server on a different domain but still within the same forest? We initially had intended on implementing our CRM at our off-site datacenter but due to some DNS/Network issues we weren't able to add users across different domains. Our deadline was fast approaching so we setup a server locally. Now that we have the issue resolved at our datacenter, we are ready to move the local database to the datacenter. What is involved with this process and what would be the best way to do this? Thank you very much...

Adding a new attribute to the GAL
Hi. We are wanting to add a new attribute to our GAL, and the only KB article from MS we found was removed from the MS site. I was wondering if anyone had done this, and what the repercussions were. I was also curious if anyone knew why the article may have been pulled. I'm guessing it means it is not a supported practice. Anyway, the article we found was: 313962 "How to modify Exchange 2000 or Exchange 2003 details templates" . Anyhelp would be great! Artie Noel dognoela@mailtest.nih.gov On Wed, 26 Jul 2006 11:45:59 -0400, Artie <noela@mail.nih.gov> wrote: &g...

Command button opening new window
Within my main form, I have command buttons that run query searches that open a new window based on the search information I input. It always opens in a new window, and also leaves the main form open. Is it possible to have the search opened in the same window? Thanks! Not really. A Sekect query opens as a datasheet form. You could create a subform on your main form and make the record source of the sub form the query you are running. -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "Shari" wrote: > Within my main form, I have command buttons that run query searches that open > ...

Having same behaviors for CRM users as for contacts
Hi, We need same behaviors for CRM users as they exist for contacts. Specially concerning marketing lists. Our customers frequently have to broadcast a newsletter or a document to a panel of external AND INTERNAL contacts, amongst these internal contacts, lot of them are crm users. The only solution to days is to duplicate these CRM users in a contact entity, but there are a lot of undesirable side effects. 1) mail tracking is no more running (same address in contact and user leads to no tracking!) 2) confusion in the mind of crm users concernaing the place where is their history record...

how do I omit a duplicate field in a merged document?
I want to merge a list from Excel to a Mail Merge in Word. It works, but there are fields that are duplicates in Excel that I do not want in Word. For example, Mr. Smith has two lines of information in Excel which generages two letters in Word. Is there a way to eliminate this? You could add a column in which you count the occurrences of each entry. For example, if you have a customer number in column A, enter the following formula in row 2, and copy down to the last row of data: =COUNTIF($A$1:A2,A2) When merging in Word, filter this column for rows with a 1. dawnlin wrote: > ...

query destination field
How do you change a destination field of a query in Excel? I have the data from the query being sent to cell A4 but need it to go to cell A1. I tried the "edit query" option but with no luck albert I think you can just delete Rows 1:3 and it will adjust accordingly. -- Dick Kusleika MVP - Excel Excel Blog - Daily Dose of Excel www.dicks-blog.com "albert" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:14E1E67B-F7A0-4FD3-A78E-C4E1CCC22453@microsoft.com... > How do you change a destination field of a query in Excel? I have the data from the query b...

clear check mark when field changes
I have a field (Current CommTech Level) that changes from CommTech 2 to CommTech 3 and so on. I also have 2 fields with checks marks in them, Passed Written Exam and Passed Practical Exam. When the CommTech Level changes I need the check marks to clear. We already have record of the testing process off site, so keeping track of the testing process would be redundant over the redunancy that is already in place. Thank you for your help -- Scot Rawlings Technical Trainer Comcast Auburn, WA Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com Hi Scot, Use the AfterUpdate event of the control...

Replace text in field code
I have some REF fields that point to bookmarks for document ranges that are deleted in my VBA code. I want the REF field to point to a new bookmark. I want to use something like the following myRange.fields("REF OQTempRHMappingSection \r \h").code = replace(myRange.fields("REF OQTempRHMappingSection \r \h").code, "TempRH", "TempOnly") Of course, this does not work or I wouldn't be writing this question. Is there a way to accomplish what I'm trying to do? If I reveal codes in the document, I can perform the edit manually. I think...

CRM 4.0 customize Activity Created Date
cannot select date and time, format is greyed out and displays date only. How can I get it to take both? I've even tried exporting to XML, and re-importing but to no success. Hi, Can you please elaborate on you questions, are you trying to set value to the Created On Date on the activity? If you, you can't set the created on time, this is a system field set by the CRM system. Darren Liu,Microsoft CRM MVP Crowe Chizek and Company http://www.crowecrm.com On May 22, 10:15 am, Magic23 <carlroyk...@gmail.com> wrote: > cannot select date and time, format is greyed out ...

MS Dynamics CRM 4.0 for Outlook Installation
Hello, I have successfully installed MS CRM server. When I try to install "MS Dynamics CRM 4.0 for Outlook", it is giving "MS Dynamics CRM for Outlook can not be installed on a computer where MS exchange server versions prior to MS exchange server 2007 are installed". I am using a VM with Exchange Server 2003 with SP 2. Please let me know what am I missing. Thanks, I did the same before and I'm currently setting up a new VPC image without Exchange. As you cannot install Exchange 2007 on a 32-bit OS, I uninstalled Exchange 2003 in my previous image but afterward...

Auto line wrap within a field.
I am working with a document wherein there are 5 fields with two being lengthy text fields. I wish to make it fit on one page horizontally because as it is it causes the font size to be very small. I would like to make these fields more narrow and have the text automatically line wrap rather than be chopped off. Is this possible or will all the existing fields need to be edited one by one? Thanks, gtb Select the entire column you wish to adjust. You will find the "wrap text" checkbox in the format cells > alignment dialog box. Once that box is checked, text you enter int...

cannot install CRM Client on German Outlook
I am installing the CRM 3.0 laptop client for outlook and I am getting Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Client.InstallAbpAction failed. Exception from HRESULT: 0xFFFFFFFF. It is an english version of Windows xp, but a German version of Office 2003. ...