Cannot attach database that MS supplied.

I downloaded and installed the MS SQL report pack for v1.2. It comes with the
..MDF for the Adventure Works Cycle reports that are demo reports. The
instructions say to attach the database but I keep getting "Error 1813"

Microsoft SQL-DMO (ODBC SQLState:42000)
Error 1813: Could not open new database 'name'. CREATE DATABASE is aborted.
Device activation error. The physical file name 'c:\program
files\..\name_log.ldf' may be incorrect.
attaching database has failed

I also tried using "sp_attach_single_file_db" in query analyzer but got the
same thing.

MS did NOT supply the .LDF file.

Anyone else encounter this?

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Forget it.. They give you the Database but you cant use it with any existing
CRM Application.

"GDaxon" wrote:

> I downloaded and installed the MS SQL report pack for v1.2. It comes with the
> .MDF for the Adventure Works Cycle reports that are demo reports. The
> instructions say to attach the database but I keep getting "Error 1813"
>
> Microsoft SQL-DMO (ODBC SQLState:42000)
> Error 1813: Could not open new database 'name'. CREATE DATABASE is aborted.
> Device activation error. The physical file name 'c:\program
> files\..\name_log.ldf' may be incorrect.
> attaching database has failed
>
> I also tried using "sp_attach_single_file_db" in query analyzer but got the
> same thing.
>
> MS did NOT supply the .LDF file.
>
> Anyone else encounter this?

uuencoded attachment from mailx is embedded instead of attached
Since I applied the August 2004 version of the post ex2000 sp3 roll-up and the latest April Microsoft secuirty patches, when our unix mailx app sends mail to our Exchange 2k server, the uuencoded attachment is embedded in the body of the message instead of being received as an attachment. Being embedded in the message body turns it into unuseable garbage. We have not made any changes to the unix box, only the exchange box. Has anyone else experienced this problem or anyone know what the solution may be? Thanks ...

Printing

SQL Database Username for Dynamics RMS
I am new to MS Dynamics RMS and installed on single stand alone machine for sample store prior to joing computer to domain and making live. I cant connect to the database (Included SQL 2005) because I do not know the default username. I know the password and try to connect to local but keep getting denied. Is the default username the logged in user, admin, administrator, computer name, etc? "Charles Nuglene" wrote: > I am new to MS Dynamics RMS and installed on single stand alone machine for > sample store prior to joing computer to domain and making live. I cant &...

Database with Multiple Users
I am trying to create a database that has the potential for many users. I recently learned how to set securities and passwords for the database, but I still can't figure out one thing: Is there a way to have a database with multiple users, but restrict what each person sees? The way my database is set up now, all information is stored in a table, and the user would fill out the form to enter their information. These users will also have the ability to edit their information later. On both the table and the form, however, other users can still see all of the information, ...

Attachment Read only
Hi, When I open a Word attachment - it shows readonly - actually it is not readonly - any ideas? - OL2003 Rgds Dear, It seems you are opening the attachment in OL Reading preview - Open the mail(double click on the mail) and then read the attachment. Hope this helps you more Regards APK "Jsingh" wrote: > Hi, > > When I open a Word attachment - it shows readonly - actually it is not > readonly - any ideas? - OL2003 > > Rgds > Jsingh, you wrote on Tue, 17 Jan 2006 01:03:02 -0800: > When I open a Word attachment - it shows readonly - actually i...

Attach a file in knowledge base
Hi all, Is anyone know that Can we attach a file like PDF or DOC document in an article under the CRM knowledge base? I think it doesn't make sense to only type it in or copy the text into the article. Thanks in advance, DK. I had the same problem and apparently this is not a feature in MS CRM 3.0. According to a CRM representative the answer is that you cannot attach a document to a knowledge base article. "DK" wrote: > Hi all, > > Is anyone know that Can we attach a file like PDF or DOC document in an > article under the CRM knowledge base? I think it doe...

Automaticly open attachment and print attachment
Hello, Is there a way to automaticly open a attachment and print it? I played with the rules wizard but there i can only get the message openend and printed. I use Outlook 2003 Thanks. You'll need a 3rd party utility. Look for solutions here: http://www.slipstick.com/addins/auto.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http:/...

Getting rid of Workspaces links after restoring PS2007 Databases
Hi, We provisioned a new PWA instance using a backup of the 4 project DB. We did not bring the old content database because we did not want the workspaces. My problem now is that in the home page, the "project Workspace" WebPart displays all the workspaces (from the old environment) and they do not exist in my new environment. I did not find any way to get rid of these non-existing workspaces. (around 400 of them) Should I update the "MSP_Projects" table in "Published DB" ? The fields are WPROJ_STS_SUBWEB_NAME and WSTS_SERVER_UID. Anybod...

Oulook 2000 Blocking Attachments! Reposted
Hi ONG, I am running Ms-Outlook 2000 Service pack 3, on a Windows pro 2000 Service pack 4. Standalone machine. Recently my mail client has been blocking my email attachments, i have received two replies from the newsgroup describing Level1 security in Outlook, also a link to a site containing all the releative information regarding the subject. But no matter what i try Outlook still wont allow the access to the attachment. I created the new Key and the necessary String Value, i have even tried to use the ( . ) character before the file ext, also i have tried it without the ( .) character, no...

How to Find the Message that contained The Attachment of a Known File-Name.
Is there some way to search through a list of emails in Outlook 2003 to find the one that contains an attachment of a specific file name? I am often trying to track down the message that accompanied an attachment with a known file-name amongst thousands of messages in one mailbox. Regards, AndyH If attached to an Exchange server, I would, as an admin, use a utility server-side. From the client, I'm not sure Outlook can do it on its own. Hopefully, I'm wrong. Some of the desktop search applications have this functionality though. "AndyH" <andyh@triode.net.au&g...

attachments do not forward
I want to forward e-mails which come to me with attachments. I want these attachments to forward along with the message and they do not. How can I make this happen? Is there a setting to enable this? ...

how do I install MS Office on my second computer?
I installed MS Office on my main computer, registered and validated it. It runs fine. I installed MS Office (same product) on my second computer and when I try to open a new doc in Word or Excel a window pops up and tells me I have to purchase the software, because many features are disabled. "Bill the Greek" <Bill the Greek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:05DD85B9-5E6E-4AB3-AE88-A5658610795D@microsoft.com... > I installed MS Office on my main computer, registered and validated it. > It > runs fine. I installed MS Office (same produc...

Editing attachments in Outlook XP
If you open a Word doc that is attached to an email & make edits to it, does it save it anywhere else other than in the email? Has anyone ever seen it not save the edits at all? It may be in a secure folder under the Temporary Internet Folder as per http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=296115 "DonnaC" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:052d01c3be9b$44ebd3a0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > If you open a Word doc that is attached to an email & make > edits to it, does it save it anywhere else other than in > the email? > Has anyone ever seen it...

MS Service Pack
I just downloaded MS Service Pack 11.1.0 for installation on top of OS 10.3.7/Office 2004. Any cautionary notes? HFL -- H. Lockwood Well, to answer my own post (no one else did) I installed the Service Pack with no discernible consequences. HFL In article <hlockwood-A6763A.09153920012005@comcast.dca.giganews.com>, Harry Lockwood <hlockwood@arradiance.com> wrote: > I just downloaded MS Service Pack 11.1.0 for installation on top of OS > 10.3.7/Office 2004. Any cautionary notes? > > HFL -- H. Lockwood Hi Harry, I guess that explains why no one posted an...

Anyone know of a forum like this one that deals with MS Word?
Hi guys, I know this is a forum for Excel, but I'm wondering if anyone here knows of similar forum that deals with MS Word? I need to write a small marco that will enable me to automatically insert a table and picture based on input elsewhere in the document. Cheers, Nap -- Nap ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Nap's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=32722 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=537671 http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?dg=microsoft....

MS Project file can not open in Read/write mode
The user is trying to open their project in Read/Write mode, but this error message pops up. There are no projects to be Forced Checked In and no projects in the Queue for checkin. As administrator, I can open the project and check it back in, but even after doing this the user cannot open the project in read/write mode.I made sure that use has cleared cache for all checked out projects by her.any suggestion ? thanks in advance GP -- I would immediately suspect that this is a permissions issue. Is the user only a member of the Project Managers group? And have you made an...

attachments.......
Is there a way to only prevent staff from sending attachments internally? I am using Exchange 2003 and office 2003. Thanks, Crank down the internal message size limits to a value that makes sense to you. On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 17:03:07 -0500, "Dooma" <Say-no-to-spam@hotmail.com> wrote: >Is there a way to only prevent staff from sending attachments internally? I >am using Exchange 2003 and office 2003. > > >Thanks, > > ...

how does the WLM 2011 beta contact system / database work?
Using WLM 2011 beta (Build 15.4.3002.0810) German version, on a 32-bit Win7 Ultimate system. Everything works relatively fine but i am confused with the Windows Contacts. As i have a live mail account, i can synchronize my contacts on other computers. But how has this system changed from OutlookExpress over WindowsMail to WLM? And is there a major difference to OUTLOOK (2007 or 2010) contacts? I have noticed that compatibility to certain mobile phones is no longer given. Have a SonyEricsson w995 and SonyEricsson offers a sync software called "pc suite" which h...

Have to scroll to see full list of attachments in Outlook 2007?
A colleague of mine keeps sending me HTML emails in Outlook with multiple attachments, but the full list of attachments does not appear all at once on the screen. There is a scroll bar on the FAR right next to the attachments, and you have to scroll down through the list of attachments to see all of the attachments (I can send a screen shot to better explain this). So for example, if an email has four attachments, I only see the first three on the screen, and then I have to scroll down to see the fourth attachment. This is very confusing as I can easily "miss" an attach...

print out messages with list of attachments
Hello there, when printing out a message/email in full, how do I get outlook t print the list of attachments? Cheers, Wi ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com found it in the newsgroups :-) http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;821840 ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Converting Access 2007 database to 2003??
HiA client has sent me an Access 2007 database to look at. Trouble is, Ionly have 2003. Is there any way I can convert the file. It isa .accdb file.Stapes "Stapes" <steve.staple@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1174232720.992029.212060@e1g2000hsg.googlegroups.com...> Hi>> A client has sent me an Access 2007 database to look at. Trouble is, I> only have 2003. Is there any way I can convert the file. It is> a .accdb file.He can convert it. You cannot.-- Rick Brandt, Microsoft Access MVPEmail (as appropriate) to...RBrandt at Hunter dot com ...

Issues with MS-CRM
We are implementing CRM and have found some serious functional issues; Outlook letter creation; Very limited selection of fields - no way to attach this back to the customer record, slow. History fields/notes fields don't have dates or users. These items should be an intrinsic part of a CRM package, not a bell or whistle � you don't sell a car with wheels Any suggestions ? The issue with lack of time stamps has already been highlighted with Microsoft. Expect to see more functionality in this area in the version 2.0 release. "Thomas Erb" <tde_junk@elec...

remove attachment on reply
Some how I have set my outlook to save the replying email as an atachment and I would prefer it just be in the text form like before. Apparently I changed something or hit something that did this and I wold like to fix it. To delete attachments from messages in Outlook: Double-click on the desired message to open it in its own window. Click on the attachment you want to remove with the right mouse button. Select Remove from the menu. Close the message window. Click OK in the Do you want to save changes? dialog. calender, items, reaccuring, wrote: >Some how I have set my...

.xls attachment
Hi, can anyone help me? I'm quite new to the whole computer/techno life and have been trying for over 2 hours to find what I want! A friend has sent an e-mail with an attachment which has a .xls file extension. However I try, I am unable to open the attachment. I've downloaded various software at 'my machine's' recommendation including a works conversion thing for Word but still no luck. I hope it's something really simple which can be sorted by someone with a bit of a clue but I'm starting to get tied up in knots. I wouldn't mind but the attachment soun...

Creating an Outlook 2007 macro that attaches a signature to new me
Hi, I'm new to macro creation and have several questions. I created code that adds a random signature to an open message window. Now I need to find a way to execute this code every time the user creates a new message window (new message, reply, forward). How can this be done? Following up on this I need to know what I can do with the macro code to "install" it within several Outlook 2007 instances. 1) See the NewInspector event. 2) http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=28 -- Best regards Michael Bauer - MVP Outlook Manage and share your categories:...