Cannot Add Report

Howdy,

I've created a nice custom report and when I try to upload it to CRM it
errors with:

Error Uploading Report
An error occurred while trying to add the report to Microsoft CRM. Try
adding the report again. If this problem continues, contact your system
administrator.

I'm logged into CRM as the domain admin which has just System Administrator
roles to CRM. I can add it manually to the SQL reporting services at
http://localhost/reports, however it appears filtering isn't working, but
thats another issue for later on. Where do I begin troubleshooting this?

Thanks,

--
David Lozzi
dlozzi@(remove)delphi-ts.com

0
David
6/22/2006 3:53:34 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

I was experiencing the same. I was able to solve this by modifying the
datasource of the report from a shared data source to a private data source
(add data source information to the report). I was able to upload the report
then.

Hope this helps,
--
Ronald Lemmen
Avanade Netherlands

"David Lozzi" wrote:

> Howdy,
>
> I've created a nice custom report and when I try to upload it to CRM it
> errors with:
>
> Error Uploading Report
> An error occurred while trying to add the report to Microsoft CRM. Try
> adding the report again. If this problem continues, contact your system
> administrator.
>
> I'm logged into CRM as the domain admin which has just System Administrator
> roles to CRM. I can add it manually to the SQL reporting services at
> http://localhost/reports, however it appears filtering isn't working, but
> thats another issue for later on. Where do I begin troubleshooting this?
>
> Thanks,
>
> --
> David Lozzi
> dlozzi@(remove)delphi-ts.com
> www.delphi-ts.com

I dont have a shared data source, its in the report...

--
David Lozzi
dlozzi@(remove)delphi-ts.com
"Ronald Lemmen" <RonaldL@-REMOVETHIS-avanade.com> wrote in message
>I was experiencing the same. I was able to solve this by modifying the
> datasource of the report from a shared data source to a private data
> source
> (add data source information to the report). I was able to upload the
> report
> then.
>
> Hope this helps,
> --
> Ronald Lemmen
> Avanade Netherlands
> http://ronaldlemmen.blogspot.com/
>

> "David Lozzi" wrote:
>
>> Howdy,
>>
>> I've created a nice custom report and when I try to upload it to CRM it
>> errors with:
>>
>> Error Uploading Report
>> An error occurred while trying to add the report to Microsoft CRM. Try
>> adding the report again. If this problem continues, contact your system
>> administrator.
>>
>> I'm logged into CRM as the domain admin which has just System
>> Administrator
>> roles to CRM. I can add it manually to the SQL reporting services at
>> http://localhost/reports, however it appears filtering isn't working, but
>> thats another issue for later on. Where do I begin troubleshooting this?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> --
>> David Lozzi
>> dlozzi@(remove)delphi-ts.com
>> www.delphi-ts.com

0
David
6/22/2006 12:28:22 PM
I have the same problem.  From this newsgroup, I found a respond to this
question from MSFT which I have copied below. Can somebody please elaborate
more on the first point about the query-based parameter?

Subject: RE: Unable to upload RDL reports   6/5/2006 4:16 PM PST

By:    Tao Yue [MSFT]  In:    microsoft.public.crm

A couple of possibilities:

  - Are you using a query-based parameter in conjunction with prefiltering?
    This could cause problems.

  - Is the data source referencing an external data source?

--
Tao Yue
Microsoft Dynamics CRM Development

"David Lozzi" wrote:

> Howdy,
>
> I've created a nice custom report and when I try to upload it to CRM it
> errors with:
>
> Error Uploading Report
> An error occurred while trying to add the report to Microsoft CRM. Try
> adding the report again. If this problem continues, contact your system
> administrator.
>
> I'm logged into CRM as the domain admin which has just System Administrator
> roles to CRM. I can add it manually to the SQL reporting services at
> http://localhost/reports, however it appears filtering isn't working, but
> thats another issue for later on. Where do I begin troubleshooting this?
>
> Thanks,
>
> --
> David Lozzi
> dlozzi@(remove)delphi-ts.com
> www.delphi-ts.com

Add Lookup Fields to Entity

Problems creating a PDF file from a report using autoexec macro
Hi, I am using the autoexec macro to run a report and print it out as a pdf file. My steps in the autoexec macro are 1. OpenReport 2. Print Out 3. RunCode 4. Quit. The RunCode is designed to delay the closing of the application by two minutes so that the pdf file can be created. Whenever I run this, I get a box that comes up and says "Print Macro Definitions" Include for Macro _Properties _Actions and Arguments _Permissions by User and Group. The application hangs on this without closing. Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong? Is Print Out the right command? Tha...

Excel Add Ins

Landed Costs Reporting
My company wants to start using the landed cost functionality in GP. But one thing that we cannot seem to resolve are the reporting capabilites of GP in regards to landed costs. We want these costs to be added to inventory (hence our desire to use landed costs), but we still want to know the breakdown of our cost of sales when the items are sold. Are you able to break out the components of the cost of sales (original product cost, duty, freight, etc)? Or are the details lost once the landed costs added to inventory? Thanks The details are indeed lost as the total landed cost of the...

Add on

POS 2009 Add-In: Populating a Task Pad

M2003 Deluxe hangs up when try to access Tax reports/estimator
I am running 2003 Deluxe and for some reason it gets stuck (won't respond) when I try to get into Tax reports, tax estimator, tax return line manager, or other tax-related items. Any suggestions (serious ones only) on how to get this to work? ...

Add-in cannot be loaded OL07

Format text to add character

Add File menu to custom toolbar

sql server report 2008 formatting options
The following two questions pertain to format questions I have about sql server 2008: 1. When I export some of the sql server 2008 tables to either word or PDF, and the table goes to two or more pages, there is a complete empty page break. Basically I will see the table, followed by a blank page, the table is continued to another page, there is another empty page, the table is continued to another page, there is another empty page. Thus can you tell me how to make certain there are not all the empty pages I just listed above? 2. I am thinking of creating 1 table...

two sql tranform statement on one report
How do i get two tranforms statement on the same report but the pivot part to only be used like below Tranform Select From Where Group By Pivot in (1,3,5,7) then another on same report Tranform Select From Where Group By Pivot in (2,4,6,8) any ideas??? One way I can think of is to use sub-reports. The other option would be to use a union query to combine the two crosstab queries if the queries were returning the same basic data. And then group by the "source" SELECT "A" as Source, FldA, FldB , [1] as A, [3] as B, [5] as C, [7...

Summary %age report
I have a report based on a table that contains details of orders won and lost and their values. I would like to produce a report that gives the following information: percentage of orders won as a percentage of total orders percentage of orders lost as a percentage of total orders percentage of orders won as a percentrage of orders > £250000 How can I achieve this? ...

SQL Reporting Services
Due to lack of resources, and a course cancellation, I am on my own to learn SSRS. I have it up and running with the GP reports but would like to know how to write my own and I am getting nowhere with the help that is provided. I find the help to be too complex and with so many links that I question what it is I even want to know. I have a very hard time understanding and learning from documentation. I need to be "shown" how to do something but have nobody to show me. For starters I want to add the Customer PO to the Historical Aged Trial Balance. I found and opened the rdl f...

add a DC in a LegSite

Crystal Reports Running Slow
Is there any general reasons why Crystal Reports could all-of-a-sudden be running significantly slower than it has in the past? Thanks, Boolean1 ...

Report works but then fails when used as a Sub-Report source
Hi, sorry if this sounds too easy or stupid, I've been trying for a couple of days now to get this to work and I've read a lot on here so hopefully didn't miss anything. I have a report that basically draws fields out of a table and displays them, nothing fancy. I need it to print 8 and then page break, again no problem as a report - it works. Now the main report has 5 of these sub reports and I figured I would work with it one at a time to get it right and eliminate re-doing a lot of work. When I use the report as the sub report source there are no page breaks and the report i...

excel add-ons

Map Add-On?

Using Foreach to print reports
I have a report (emp. time sheet) that needs to be printed out foreach employee. I have the code to print each report individually,however I don't know how to use the foreach statement to print themall from one procedure. I want to use my salary table, which only hastwo fields, UserName, and HourlyRate as the source of my usernames toplug into the foreach statement, I then plan to wrap this around myexisting code which prints out the reports individually. How do Iplug the UserNames into the foreach statement, I know this should beextremely simple. Instead of For Each I'd recommend t...