cannot access reports remotely via web

Hi,

When trying to access reports in CRM, i received the "Crystal Reports Logon
Error. Please verify that you have enough Crystal licenses."

However, if i launch the browser in the server CRM is installed i am able to
view all reports without any error. I've checked that NT
Authority/Authenticated and NT Authority/Intergrated is added to the builtin
user account.

Anything I missed here?

Regards,
JM

0
Jordan
7/12/2004 6:54:53 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Try this critical update....

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/ms04-017.mspx

Peter
"Jordan M." <jordanm@37.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> When trying to access reports in CRM, i received the "Crystal Reports
Logon
> Error. Please verify that you have enough Crystal licenses."
>
> However, if i launch the browser in the server CRM is installed i am able
> view all reports without any error. I've checked that NT
> Authority/Authenticated and NT Authority/Intergrated is added to the
builtin
> user account.
>
> Anything I missed here?
>
> Regards,
> JM

0
Peter
7/12/2004 6:57:36 AM
Hi Peter,

Thanks for the info. Initially i wasn't able to view reports even in the
server. After i applied the update i am able to view reports only if i
launch the browser in the CRM server.

Any ideas why i only got the error when accessing the reports from machine
other than the server?

Regards,
JM

"Peter Lynch" <anon@anon.com> wrote in message
> Try this critical update....
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/ms04-017.mspx
>
> Peter
> "Jordan M." <jordanm@37.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > When trying to access reports in CRM, i received the "Crystal Reports
> Logon
> > Error. Please verify that you have enough Crystal licenses."
> >
> > However, if i launch the browser in the server CRM is installed i am
able
> > view all reports without any error. I've checked that NT
> > Authority/Authenticated and NT Authority/Intergrated is added to the
> builtin
> > user account.
> >
> > Anything I missed here?
> >
> > Regards,
> > JM

0
Jordan
7/12/2004 8:13:56 AM
Jordan, sorry, can't help any further. Someone else perhaps...

> Hi Peter,
>
> Thanks for the info. Initially i wasn't able to view reports even in the
> server. After i applied the update i am able to view reports only if i
> launch the browser in the CRM server.
>
> Any ideas why i only got the error when accessing the reports from machine
> other than the server?
>
> Regards,
> JM
>
> "Peter Lynch" <anon@anon.com> wrote in message
> > Try this critical update....
> >
> > http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/ms04-017.mspx
> >
> > Peter
> > "Jordan M." <jordanm@37.com> wrote in message
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > When trying to access reports in CRM, i received the "Crystal Reports
> > Logon
> > > Error. Please verify that you have enough Crystal licenses."
> > >
> > > However, if i launch the browser in the server CRM is installed i am
> able
> > > view all reports without any error. I've checked that NT
> > > Authority/Authenticated and NT Authority/Intergrated is added to the
> > builtin
> > > user account.
> > >
> > > Anything I missed here?
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > JM

0
Peter
7/12/2004 8:30:51 AM
I experience the same problem. However, I can see reports
on the server and from PC's within our LAN. But from
outside our own office via Internet, it fails. My idea is
that the router is blocking certain ports or something
like that. I have not been able to find any information
regarding this, so I am kinda stuck, too.
Sten

0
anonymous
7/12/2004 11:49:32 AM
Hi this issue is for IIs security model
you have change the leve of authentication

Andres

0
Andres
7/12/2004 1:45:36 PM
Please make sure Crystal APS service is running on the server.
It is more likely the case if you are not able to run the reports even on
the server.

Rgds,
Kyaw

"Jordan M." <jordanm@37.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> When trying to access reports in CRM, i received the "Crystal Reports
Logon
> Error. Please verify that you have enough Crystal licenses."
>
> However, if i launch the browser in the server CRM is installed i am able
> view all reports without any error. I've checked that NT
> Authority/Authenticated and NT Authority/Intergrated is added to the
builtin
> user account.
>
> Anything I missed here?
>
> Regards,
> JM

0
Kyaw
7/13/2004 1:55:18 AM
SYMPTOMS
When you open Crystal Reports in Microsoft CRM, you may receive the
following error message:

Crystal Reports Logon Error - Please verify that you have enough Crystal
licenses.
CAUSE
This behavior may occur if the Crystal Reports services are not started on
the Microsoft CRM server.
RESOLUTION
Verify that the Crystal Reports services on the Microsoft CRM server are
running. To do so, follow these steps:
  1.. On the Microsoft CRM server, click Start, point to Programs, point to
Crystal Enterprise, and then click Crystal Configuration Manager.
  2.. In the Crystal Configuration Manager window, if the Status column of
each service states Running, the service is started and running.
  3.. If the Status column of a service states Not Running, start the
service. To do so, use either of the following methods:
    a.. Click the Service Name, and then click Start on the Crystal
Configuration toolbar.
    b.. Right-click the Service Name, and then click Start.
"Jordan M." <jordanm@37.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> When trying to access reports in CRM, i received the "Crystal Reports
Logon
> Error. Please verify that you have enough Crystal licenses."
>
> However, if i launch the browser in the server CRM is installed i am able
> view all reports without any error. I've checked that NT
> Authority/Authenticated and NT Authority/Intergrated is added to the
builtin
> user account.
>
> Anything I missed here?
>
> Regards,
> JM

0
Kyaw
7/13/2004 2:02:32 AM
Have you enabled ssl on the web server?

--
John O'Donnell
Microsoft CRM MVP

"Jordan M." <jordanm@37.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> When trying to access reports in CRM, i received the "Crystal Reports
Logon
> Error. Please verify that you have enough Crystal licenses."
>
> However, if i launch the browser in the server CRM is installed i am able
> view all reports without any error. I've checked that NT
> Authority/Authenticated and NT Authority/Intergrated is added to the
builtin
> user account.
>
> Anything I missed here?
>
> Regards,
> JM

0
John
7/13/2004 2:40:43 AM
Hi Kyaw,

Thanks, but Crystal APS along with all the rest of the 7 crystal services
are started and running. The weird thing is i am able to access the reports
if i view it from the CRM server machine but got the logon error if i access
it from client machines.

Regards,
JM

"Kyaw" <no@spam.net> wrote in message
> SYMPTOMS
> When you open Crystal Reports in Microsoft CRM, you may receive the
> following error message:
>
> Crystal Reports Logon Error - Please verify that you have enough Crystal
> licenses.
> CAUSE
> This behavior may occur if the Crystal Reports services are not started on
> the Microsoft CRM server.
> RESOLUTION
> Verify that the Crystal Reports services on the Microsoft CRM server are
> running. To do so, follow these steps:
>   1.. On the Microsoft CRM server, click Start, point to Programs, point
> Crystal Enterprise, and then click Crystal Configuration Manager.
>   2.. In the Crystal Configuration Manager window, if the Status column of
> each service states Running, the service is started and running.
>   3.. If the Status column of a service states Not Running, start the
> service. To do so, use either of the following methods:
>     a.. Click the Service Name, and then click Start on the Crystal
> Configuration toolbar.
>     b.. Right-click the Service Name, and then click Start.
> "Jordan M." <jordanm@37.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > When trying to access reports in CRM, i received the "Crystal Reports
> Logon
> > Error. Please verify that you have enough Crystal licenses."
> >
> > However, if i launch the browser in the server CRM is installed i am
able
> > view all reports without any error. I've checked that NT
> > Authority/Authenticated and NT Authority/Intergrated is added to the
> builtin
> > user account.
> >
> > Anything I missed here?
> >
> > Regards,
> > JM

0
Jordan
7/13/2004 4:05:16 AM
Hi John,

I read it from somewhere that Crystal does not work with SSL but I've
checked with the network admin, SSL is not enabled. By the way, how do i
check whether SSL is or is not enabled? I just want to make sure for
myself... Thanks.

Regards,
JM

"John O'Donnell" <csharpconsulting@nospam-hotmail.com-nospam> wrote in
message news:uyzXMLIaEHA.2296@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> Have you enabled ssl on the web server?
>
> --
> John O'Donnell
> Microsoft CRM MVP
>

> "Jordan M." <jordanm@37.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > When trying to access reports in CRM, i received the "Crystal Reports
> Logon
> > Error. Please verify that you have enough Crystal licenses."
> >
> > However, if i launch the browser in the server CRM is installed i am
able
> > view all reports without any error. I've checked that NT
> > Authority/Authenticated and NT Authority/Intergrated is added to the
> builtin
> > user account.
> >
> > Anything I missed here?
> >
> > Regards,
> > JM

0
Jordan
7/13/2004 4:07:59 AM
OK, here's my solution to gaining access to Reports over the Internet using
SSL.

(Assumes you can already access the rest of the application using SSL)

1. On the CRM server, make sure you have the critical Crystal patch (from
mscrm12-critical-update-win.zip) installed
2. On your firewall, open Port 6401 to inbound traffic to your CRM server
3. In the client Internet Explorer > Tools > Internet Options > Security >
Local Intranet zone > Sites > (advanced) > Add
https://YourCrmServerNameOrIPAddress  > OK  > OK > OK
4. When you first try to open a report, it will take some time to respond.
Be patient. Eventually it should prompt you to install Crystal Smart Viewer
for ActiveX. Do so.

 ! Then you should be able to access the reports!

Peter Lynch

"Jordan M." <jordanm@37.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> When trying to access reports in CRM, i received the "Crystal Reports
Logon
> Error. Please verify that you have enough Crystal licenses."
>
> However, if i launch the browser in the server CRM is installed i am able
> view all reports without any error. I've checked that NT
> Authority/Authenticated and NT Authority/Intergrated is added to the
builtin
> user account.
>
> Anything I missed here?
>
> Regards,
> JM

0
Peter
7/21/2004 12:28:30 PM
What about if you are not runnning SSL? I can access
reports locally fine but when I try to access them through
the Firewall (even with all ports forwarded to the CRM
box) I still get the Crystal logon error. Any suggestions?

0
GMKovach

Outlook Web Access AutoSignature

Restricting access to note attachments

Access 2003 and Access 2007 Synchronization

Excel Row to Access Columns

Access

access mail on WEB

access or mount mirrored hard disks

Access Database In Great Plains

CRM v4 Accessibility Improvements

Upsizing Access to SQL Server 2000

Outlook Web Access #19

Accounting with Ms Access

Tab-delimited or CVS report output
If I recall in a previous version of Money I was able to "print" a report to a tab-delimited file. I'm looking into Money 2007, and cannot find that capability. Is there a way to print out either a tab-delimited or comma-delimited Account Balances report in 2007. Thanks, JimW Yes. Be sure and use Advanced Reports. Get the report customized the way you want. There's an Export to Excel choice over to the left. It'll generate ..CSV. There's also a Send to... pullout over there that offers some other choices. There's also an Export and Export to Excel cho...

How do I print query parameters on the report?
I'll try to keep this short. I have created a query with multiple parameters. I want to print reports showing invoices to a specified customer between certain dates. When I run the query, it is set up to enter the customer name first, and then type the beginning date of the invoice period, and then type the ending date of the invoice period. I have that part down okay. When I print the report, I want the date parameters that I typed in for the query to appear on the printed report. I created a text box in Design View on the report, and for the Control Source, I entered the sam...

BP3 Site Settings access

Excel to Access
Hi group, quick question. If I have a macro to upload some Excel data into Access, can this macro be used by a user without Access installed on its PC???? The Access database is located in a shared drive, the Excel is stored in the user's PC. ....And same thing in the other way, can a user without Access import from Excel some Access info?? Versions are Excel 2003 and Access 2002. Thanks in advance, Cecilia Can you buy Excel without buying the entire Microsoft Office Suite? I'm not sure if there are variations in the way microsoft sells products in different countries s...

Access Levels
Hi I am having real difficulty in getting the access levels to work as I want them. Basically I want to control access at the Business Unit level. However, how do I know which business unit a specific account record belongs to? As far as I can see it is determined by the owner of the record and their corresponding Business Unit. Is this correct? Thanks You are correct. The record is only tied to the BU through the owner. Matt Parks ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On 26 May 2004 06:51:29 -0700, l.hargrave@btinternet.com (Lee) wrote: Hi I ...

My VIA OHCI 1394 IEEE Host Controller
After running a diagnostic test it showed alert for my OHCI 1394 Host Controller that won't start. And has yellow sign next to it in Device Manager. I understand this controller was intergraded into the system by Microsoft. I went onto Microsoft's fix it site to have problem analyzied and they indicated a driver problemm with it and did a reinstall. It worked temporarily. But the yellow alerts still nag at me. Now, I don't have a need to use the OHCI IEEE 1394 port on back of my computer and my husband doesn't on his either but he doesn't get a yellow e...

Access and Accessibility
Does anyone know of a good resource for information about developing accessible applications using Microsoft Access 2003 or 2007? "Risikio" <Risikio@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7BF54007-6C65-444E-BC25-84C90173AE8F@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know of a good resource for information about developing > accessible applications using Microsoft Access 2003 or 2007? As far as I know, all the Windows accessibility features are available in Office. Speech recognition improves with each version. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://w...

Can we Get Table Names from an access database while using MFC provided CRecordset class
Hey Friends Can we Get Table Names from an access database while using MFC provided CRecordset class. vikrant wrote: > Hey Friends > > Can we Get Table Names from an access database while using MFC provided > CRecordset class. > > Yes. The CATALOG sample in MSDN shows how. -- Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP] vikrant, Yes... You can use access the system tables directly, especially using a CRecordset object connected to a Database object that is associated with the database in question and this SQL statement: SELECT Name FROM MSysObjects WHERE ( Flags=0) AND (Typ...

Any way to format the X & Z report to print on a single full page?
I want to print my X & Z reports in a standard printer, rather than the 40 column POS printer. Is there any way to do this and maybe print one page, instead of 3 pages, since it thinks it is printing to a 40 column? hi jonathan, their is a reciept format in partner or customer souce that can do this for you all you have to do is load it into your reciept folder in RMS and use it as your Z report. it can be found at this web address https://mbs.microsoft.com/customersource/support/downloads/reportslibrary/rms/ModifiedReports/ "Jonathan Smith" wrote: > I want to prin...