Can you change the default lookup from Account to Contact?

Is it possible to set the lookup for a customer field to default on
"contacts" rather then "accounts?"  We do more business with contacts so it
is a pain to have to change this all the time.

0
Martin
10/26/2004 7:06:43 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

there is no supported way to do this in the current release

--
John O'Donnell
Microsoft CRM MVP

"Martin Flaherty" <mflaherty@techpg.com> wrote in message
> Is it possible to set the lookup for a customer field to default on
> "contacts" rather then "accounts?"  We do more business with contacts so
it
> is a pain to have to change this all the time.

0
John

outlook express
Anyone know if there is anyway to recover emails, folders, contacts, etc... if you re-installed a new copy of xp over 2000 but didn't use the upgrade feature. That is to say, all of my 2000 OE doesn't appear when I open OE in the newly installed XP environment. Does the old info get stored in some file I can link to xp oe? This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.wi...

Changing domain names
When I first set up sbs2003 I used companyweb as my domain name. How do I change it to my xyz.com domain? Also if anyone knows of any helpful tutorials on this subject it would really help. Thanks in Advance Take a look at: 822447 How to Modify an SMTP E-Mail Address by Using Recipient Policies http://support.microsoft.com/?id=822447 You'll need to ensure that the new domain (xyz.com) has MX records pointing to your router (which should then point to the mail server) or directly to the mail server. You'll most likely need to modify the default recipient policy and change t...

Can't see 401(k) contribiltion total

Lost Windows Live Mail Contacts
My Windows Live Mail contacts have been replaced by the few contacts in Windows Messenger, both in launching a new email - and also clicking on the contacts icon. I have tried all sorts of actions, including reboot, but the problem remains. WLM reflects 2 different sets of contacts depending upon whether you have "signed in" with your live ID... Depending on upon where you main contact list is stored.... you'll either want to sign-in or sign out... Login to the Live website and check your contact list. If everything is there, you'll need to be signed-in w...

Sending/exporting Outlook Contacts for use in another computer
I want to send the Outlook Contacts address book from my desktop to use in my laptop. Can it be as simple as copying the whole address book file and replacing the laptop Contacts address book with the new one? Thanks. Bob There is no separate "address book" file. The file you need is your Personal Folders file (*.pst) It's where all the mail, calendar, contacts etc are stored. Take a look at these pages for info on Outlook data backup or transfer: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm http://www.howto-outlook.com/Howto/backupandrestore.htm http://office.microsoft.com...

Can't send/receive

Can not Customize Leads View

Bulk attachments

Can't delete email #2

Need to import contacts from Outlook to Outlook Express
I have a freind having trouble with email on the road and she needs to start using Outlook Express rather than Outlook. How do you import Contacts from OUtlook into Outlook Express. Thanks in advance Hi Donnie, please search the *.wab file on your computer after that FILE | IMPORT | Adressbook -- Ich habe nichts gemacht, gestern gings noch! Bitte in den Newsgroup antworten damit jeder etwas davon hat. Bravestar@Datenschutzministerium.de "Donnie" <ymivey@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:uR0#ZZBcEHA.2352@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > I have a freind having trouble w...

Multiple logins
Here is the scenario: My Fiancee & I share some of the same accounts. When she logs into the bank, she can see our joint accounts plus her personal accounts. The same for me. The issue is when I set Money up to pull from the bank, I get two of the same account. If I try to delete one of the duplicates, it tells me it has to delete all accounts from that login (including the history). I do not want to do this, but what can I do to save my sanity? Thanks! ...

Can Not Reply To Emails

How can I rename a database table?

Can (or how can) I do this

AUTO FILTER NOT CHANGING RESULTS
Hello, Problem #1: I have a giant workbook with 240 tabs. Each of the 238 sheets contain specific information to them. This information is put in from a master sheet via an Array formual, when I put in a new sheet all the other sheets gain their infromation from the master sheet. Each of the sheets has about 70 lines and based on how much activity there was on a certain account the lines can range from anywhere from no acctivity to all 70 lines. So what I have done on the last coloumn on each sheet is put in a custom Auto Filter, to show me only if the cell is greater than 0. My p...

Can not archive