Can v4.0 workflow determine what date today is?

My client wants an e-mail to be sent to the record owner if the Closed Date
on the Opp is past.  The problem here is that in order to know that today is
1 day past when the Closed Date was projected, I actually need WF to know
what today is.  I can’t figure out how to do that.  Workflow knows all the
date attributes for the entity and knows the date it was fired, but I can’t
figure out how it can tell what today is, and therefore determine if today is
greater than a stored date.
0
Bob4289 (354)
8/30/2008 11:57:00 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

see if it can =B4be some of help.

http://mscrmsupport.wordpress.com/2007/11/20/comparing-crm-datetime-with-th=
e-todays-date/

------

Aamir

Blog : http://mscrmsupport.wordpress.com/

0
whatelseto (435)
8/31/2008 1:02:19 PM
In a workflow check condition you have the option of Workflow Execution time,
this is the current time when the workflow is processing the step. This can
also be used on wait conditions to wait until a date/time is reached before
proceding through the workflow.

Hope this is of some help

Rob

"Bob" wrote:

> My client wants an e-mail to be sent to the record owner if the Closed Date
> on the Opp is past.  The problem here is that in order to know that today is
> 1 day past when the Closed Date was projected, I actually need WF to know
> what today is.  I can’t figure out how to do that.  Workflow knows all the
> date attributes for the entity and knows the date it was fired, but I can’t
> figure out how it can tell what today is, and therefore determine if today is
> greater than a stored date.
0
RobMottram (202)

OnChange Event
Hi, I need to add an OnChange Event to a picklist field that will trigger a manual workflow rule when a certain picklist value is selected. I have not previously used the OnChange feature of CRM so I do not know how to write or make the code work. Basically, this is what I am attempting: if Picklist.currentvalue changed to Picklist.1 then trigger "Name of Manual Workflow It is pretty basic. Can someone provide me with the code to accomplish the above? Thank you, Donna ...

Can't see 401(k) contribiltion total

CRM 4.0
Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong? I'm not able to translate all labels with the “export labels for translation” function and Microsoft Excel. a. When exporting translations and adding translations in the language specific column (1033 / English in my situation) not all labels get translated. Most labels get translated, but for example the following did not: i. ‘Beheer’ --> ‘Administration’ (Name of a tab on the Task entity ii. ‘Interne gegevens’ à ‘Internal Information’ (Name of a section on many different enti...

Can't send/receive

Can not Customize Leads View

Outlook Today #43
How do I change the font on the Outlook Today screen? And where do I find OT - it doesn't appear in my navigation pane (only appears when I first start Outlook) -- The greatest of faults is to be conscious of none. ....Thomas Carlyle Steve <hgd@wsx.inv> wrote: > How do I change the font on the Outlook Today screen? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/236081/en-us > And where do I > find OT - it doesn't appear in my navigation pane (only appears when I > first start Outlook) Click the root of your data store (the one with the "Outlook Today" icon of t...

Bulk attachments

HR Benefit Table
I'm trying to do some cleanup of our benefits (delete benefits that were enrolled and never used) and in the process of querying table BE010130 there are a ton of benefits that have a 0 in the BENEFITSTATUS_I field. When I try to pull them up in GP they don't show under the specified employee. Can anyone tell me what these are and if I can delete them? ------=_NextPart_0001_079D83ED Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello, After looking at the HRBEN.DOC from the SDK, it doesn't appear the BE010130 should have a value of 0. The values that should b...

Can Not Reply To Emails

CRM 3.0 and embedded images
I have two issues in CRM that relate to how CRM works with embedded images or how CRM works with embedded images. First issue is that when I use an enbedded image in my Outlook signature, I get an error that the email cannot be promoted to CRM so I can either send the email without tracking it in CRM or I can remove the signature and then it works. Second issues is that when people reply to an email that is being tracked in CRM via a tracking token, if there are any images or pictures in the reply then the email is no longer tracked in CRM. You manually have to add the reply email t...

Adobe Pagemaker 7.0 into MS Publisher
I am trying to get a school to move to Microsoft products. They currently do all of their newsletters and certificates in Adobe Pagemaker. How do I get these files imported into MS Publisher 2003? Is there a 3rd party tool that can do this? Has this not been requested before Any help will be appreciated. The only way you can do it is via the ClipBoard. -- The US should free all those illegally held prisoners they are torturing, abusing and denying human rights being held at Guantanamo Bay. ...

Can't delete email #2

How can I rename a database table?

Can (or how can) I do this

Differentiate row based on date grouping
I created a form with data sorting by date field. Some date may have more than 1 row. Samples are as follows :- Date Event 7/22/2007 AAAA 8/22/2007 AAAA 8/22/2007 BBBB 9/22/2007 CCCC Is it possible to have the Form show alternate color for row 7/22/2007, 8/22/2007 (2 rows with same color), 9/22/2007 ? Thanks in advance for your help. ...

Display Date from Unbound Field in Form in a Query
Just had an issue that in 10 years of using Access never saw - just wondering if I just never encountered it or what... I have a form running a query, the user enters a date. The report needs to show the date - so the query has a field like this: report date: [Forms!]![frm_report]![txtReportDate] I had a problem exporting to Excel - seems the direct placement in the query led to characters that Excel could not understand. I actually had another date field from the form that I did a date add on, it worked fine. I eventaully put the form reference in a Format, the issue was gone. The...

Can not archive