Can "Totals" be displayed in Advance Find results?

This seems like a question that would've been asked many times before, but I
can't find any reference to is here.  Can total search results be displayed
in the search results pane?  The only reference to a solution for this is by
a company in Romania called Creative Software Solution.  They have a screen
grab at http://www.creativesolutions.ro/img/Customizations-GridCount.jpg.

Anyone know how I can make the customization myself?

Thanks!  Andy.

0
andys (19)
2/5/2008 6:49:44 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Dear Andy,

There are few options.

1. Writing Reports and show total

2. Add Total as custom value and use javascript to add that value.

--
Regards,
Imran

http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com

Chat with me on MSN / Gmail / Skype : ID Is :.. mscrmexpert@gmail.com

"Andy Slocombe" wrote:

> This seems like a question that would've been asked many times before, but I
> can't find any reference to is here.  Can total search results be displayed
> in the search results pane?  The only reference to a solution for this is by
> a company in Romania called Creative Software Solution.  They have a screen
> grab at http://www.creativesolutions.ro/img/Customizations-GridCount.jpg.
>
> Anyone know how I can make the customization myself?
>
> Thanks!  Andy.

0
mscrmexpert (134)
2/5/2008 7:37:03 PM
We have considered the report option.  But having the total display in the
results pane would be the best.

So you are saying I can create a custom attribute for the Contact entity,
use javascript to add results hits and then embed this attribute into the
results view?  How would I get the attribute into the results view?  Would
that require editing the xml for that entity?

Thanks for the pointers!

Andy.

"Imran-mscrmexpert" <mscrmexpert@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Dear Andy,
>
> There are few options.
>
> 1. Writing Reports and show total
>
> 2. Add Total as custom value and use javascript to add that value.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Imran
> MS CRM Certified Professional
>

> http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com
>
> Chat with me on MSN / Gmail / Skype : ID Is :.. mscrmexpert@gmail.com
>

> "Andy Slocombe" wrote:
>
>> This seems like a question that would've been asked many times before,
>> but I
>> can't find any reference to is here.  Can total search results be
>> displayed
>> in the search results pane?  The only reference to a solution for this is
>> by
>> a company in Romania called Creative Software Solution.  They have a
>> screen
>> grab at http://www.creativesolutions.ro/img/Customizations-GridCount.jpg.
>>
>> Anyone know how I can make the customization myself?
>>
>> Thanks!  Andy.

0
andys (19)
2/5/2008 7:49:21 PM
"Andy Slocombe" <andys@outreach.umass.edu> wrote in message
> Anyone know how I can make the customization myself?
I met a company called appRadius last year which had a nice solution to this
(involved asp.net development).

--
Robert MacLean
http://www.sadev.co.za

0
robert4502 (52)

PivotTable
Hi, I'm using a pivot table with 2 columns of data. 1 col. is just a straight item count while the other is a calculation of the item * price (where price and item are cols. on the source data table. The subtotal for the "item" col. is OK but the subtotal for the calculated col is wrong (it is in fact the sum of the item col. * sum of "price" col. from the osurce table. Any ideas how I can make the subtotal be the expected sum of the calculated col.? Cheers, Frank. To get an accurate total, you can multiply item * price for each row in the source data tab...

Update Sales Batch Totals
I have a client that would like to have certain orders placed in to a new batch via a SQL script. That is easy enough to change the batch number on the order header, but I was wondering if anyone had a simple way (SQL script or something) of analyzing the batches in the batch totals table and "recalculating" the number of transactions as well as the batch total for each of the sales batches. If there is anything else that I'm missing, feel free to advise. Thanks! ~Corey Clay Corey, I wrote a SQL Script to accomplish this same thing, except it did move orders that were left ...

Pivot Table
Hi all, I have one issue when i get the data through the pivot table option. after creating a pivot table, i enabled the sub-total and the grand total in the pivot table properties. after enabling that the sub-total and the grand total columns appear as #VALUE!. I have office 2003 in OS 2000 proffesion. Please help me Regards Yazh I'd check for errors in the original data for that field. yazh wrote: > > Hi all, > I have one issue when i get the data through the pivot table > option. after creating a pivot table, i enabled the sub-total and the > grand total in...

Group totals in dynamic report
I have a report that dynamically gets control source for five columns based on user input through a form. The report successfully shows text boxes (currency format) with approporiate fields (control source) and respective data. I then have unbound text boxes for each of the five columns to show group totals. I haven't been able to get it working. For example, one of the text boxes' name is txtPeriod1 and based on user selection the field is MAY_PYR. The group total should show Sum(MAY_PYR); it works through hard coding but not dynamically and keeps prompting to enter &quo...

3 month rolling totals
Hello, I just typed this in and the message didn't take - I hope this is not duplicated. I have inherited a spreadsheet with 3 month rolling totals. Is there a way to automate this? Sample: Widget(A1) Jan(B1) Feb(C1) Mar(D1) TOTAL(E1) Where TOTAL = sum(b1:d1) Next month, we add Apr(E1) moves TOTAL to (F1) and doesn't compute Jan(B1) Where TOTAL = sum(c1:e1) There are many rows with this type of data and so I would rather not copy/paste/reformat the formula. Thanks in advance! ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft respond...

Work Totals in Summary Task in Master Plan
Hello, We have a master plan linked to 6 sub-projects. The master is just to serve as a global view with the main project information. We created the tasks in the master to be summary task of the actual task in the sub-projects. MS Project is caculating and showing the % COmplete at the summary level, but it will not calculate/total the Work. The summary always displays zero, even when you can view the predecessor task that is grayed out has actual values for the Work. Anyone know how to make sure all of the summary data is calculating? This is a multi-part message in M...

Setting up a League Ladder with names, hours totals etc
Hello everyone, I need to create a "League Ladder" which will calculate how many hours a volunteer has worked at a particular venue, but will also summarise how many people and/or hours from various clubs and the club regions have been contributed. The column titles will include:- Date (dd/mm/yyyy format) Region (Southern, Western, Eastern, Northen, Rural, Schools) Club Surname Given Names Status (Adult, Child) Time Start Time End Total Time and assorted other fields for additional data I need to create a League Ladder that will look something like this:- Region Club Surn...

Totals not updating
Suddenly the totals in my rows and columns are not updating as I add data to cells within the autosum range. It is happening on existing worksheets as well as new worksheets I create. Also if I change the number in a cell like make a 10 a 20, it does not update the total. It seems the original formula is set and will not change or update. Help. Thank you. ...

Negative WIP Totals in GP 7.5
I've got an odd problem in GP 7.5. The WIP totals I get from the MOP1000 table are, in some cases, greater than the amount issued. In most of these cases, the qty issued is zero (there are some cases where qtyissued is greater than 0). In a lot of these cases, the MOP1210 table has the items listed as issued to the MO. I've been able to confirm this on a number of the entries in MOP1000. It looks to me like GP is not updating the table properly. Has anyone see this before? Does anyone have a process for reconciling this data? MOP1000 is the WIP stack. MOP1210 is the PickD...

Summary Sheet Totals
I have a workbook that tallys values from 30 or so separate sheets. I there an easy way to have a summary sheet that looks at specific cell on each sheet? Right now, I have to do a simple SUM function where manually click on each cell on each sheet I want in the total. I' thinking there is a way to do this with a formula/array. Thanks, Gar -- gwhit ----------------------------------------------------------------------- gwhite's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2507 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=38589 ...

Viewing Account Totals in CAN not US
Hi, How can i view my total balance of all accounts in CANADIAN dollars. I also purchased Money 2006 Canadian Edition, however everything looks the same as the US version, anyone tell me what the difference is? AFAIK Money decides if it is Canadian or US version by the Regional Settings in Windows Control Panel. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. For wishes or suggestions see http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or for UK wishes http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedb...

Pivot Tables-Not Display-Results w/Zero Totals
Hi, When creating pivot tables is there a way to not include/display those records where the total equals zero? The filter option is "grayed" so that must not be an option. Hiding the zero result rows/columns on the pivot is not an usable option. Not displaying zeros, still leaves the records remaining data on the pivot and on any charts. Any suggestions to try would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. -- Linda You can add that field to the page are, then double click it, this will give you a list with values, select 0 and click OK -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private e...

Grouping Totals
I have a report that displays the data from a query I'm running. The report is grouped as follows Bin Number Skip Number Quantity Date Cost Now what I want to do is to display the total quantity and cost for each bin just before a new bin number is displayed i.e. something like Bin Number 12 Skip Number 23 Quantity Date Cost 132 15/06/07 =A35.23 12 15/06/07 =A38.23 TOTAL QUANTITY =3D 144 TOTAL COST =3D =A313.46 ------------------------------------------------ Bin Number 13 Skip Number 24 Quantity Date Cost 24...

EXCEL VBA/CALCULATION
... with the use of tick boxs. Hello and thank you for taking your time to open up this topic. Wel first of all is to set the scenario. I am creating a worksheet on computer company in which i have selected peripherals for exampl monitors. E.g. a_________________b_______________c______ d________ TFT 15" �179.00 �210.33 1 17" �239.00 �280.83 2 19" �299.00 �351.33 3 4 CRT 5 17" �86.19 �101.27 6 19" �111.39 �130.88 7 ____________________________________________________ after the second...

Sub-Totals Question
Using the sub-totals feature in Excel the category being subtotaled is highlighted in bold but the subtotals themselves are not highlighted. Is there a way to format these items either using excel "as is" or with some simple code? Thanks, Andrew. Use the outlining symbols to the left to show just what you want to format (hide those details). Now select the range to format edit|goto|special|visible cells only and format the way you like. You could record a macro if you want the code. Andrew Mackenzie wrote: > > Using the sub-totals feature in Excel the category being s...

totals #2
I've a workbook with 1 project management sheet and several sheets wit testdata. The project management sheet I use for instance to show tota figures. For example. I want to make totals for sheet1!A1 + sheet2!A1 sheet3!A1. As you see the position of the cells remanes the same. Eas you say....but what I don't know is: how many sheets shall I have, an I don't want to adapt everytime my formulas after adding a sheet I there a possibility to say take all the sheets where the name of th sheet begins with xxx and make a sum of cell A1? thanks in advance. davi -- daol --------------...

Sum group totals and then average by # of groups
Hi, This one seems pretty straight froward to me, but I am going wrong somewhere... I have a user who has a grouped report indicating expenses on a per month basis. The details section shows the individual expenses, per date, within a given month. At the end of each month there is a sum showing the total expenses for each month. Grouped field name = "sum of amount" The report footer has a grand total for all the individual amounts in the details section. What she would like to do is sum up the per month group totals, and then have the system figure out the average of the pe...

what is the formula to add totals from two different worksheets
I need to be able to add totals from different worksheets to a single worksheet. I am having trouble with the sum functions I have tried them all. I think Thanks Suegeo Have you tried just = <Select cell with total in worksheet 1> + < Select Cell with total in Worksheet 2> etc. "Suegeo" wrote: > I need to be able to add totals from different worksheets to a single > worksheet. I am having trouble with the sum functions I have tried them all. > I think > Thanks Suegeo ...

Customer Purchases Totals Report
I am looking for a report to show my top purchasing customers for the year. Can't seem to find any thing ready made to do this. Thanks Tony, In Manager go to Reports | Sales | Top Performers | Top Customers. This report will show you what you are looking for. You can sort by $ amount or quantity sold, you can also select a date range. Craig "Tony" <sales@windovers.com> wrote in message news:C21197CC-454B-4CC8-96BB-D64605897FF8@microsoft.com... >I am looking for a report to show my top purchasing customers for the year. > Can't seem to find any thing ready ...

Simple totals
Hi there. I'm creating a spreadsheet that displays invoices my business has sent out. When they are paid I add the date into a "Paid" column. While they are unpaid the cell is left blank. What formula would be needed to create automatic totals for paid and unpaid invoices? TIA Suppose you have column B with dates and ColA with the amount; then try the below formulas 'Paid total =SUMIF(B:B,">0",A:A) 'Unpaid total =SUM(A:A)-SUMIF(B:B,">0",A:A) -- Jacob "Sir Arthur" wrote: > Hi there. > >...

OWC chart: multiple totals and OLAP
Hi! OWC chart is connected to MS AS I'd like to display several totals (measures) on the same chart in order to see 2 lines I use objPChart.SetData objPChart.Constants.chDimValues, 0, "v1" objPChart.SetData objPChart.Constants.chDimValues, 0, "v2" And I see only v2 line I use objPChart.InternalPivotTable.ActiveView.DataAxis.InsertTotal .Totals("v1") objPChart.InternalPivotTable.ActiveView.DataAxis.InsertTotal .Totals("v2") and nothing changes :-( Somebody knows how to display several lines at the same chart???? some limitations: OWC is connected...

Charting
I am trying to figure out a way to add an additional Y-Axis line to a chart. Current chart is a standard bar chart with about 10 rows of data (cost breakdown). I want to add a cost per square foot, but when I try to add it to the Y-Axis by creating a custom bar line chart, it wants to add other lines of data to that axis. In addition, I can't get rid of the cost per square foot in the data table. It is not a per project total like the bars in the graph, but a cumulative cost per foot for all bars in the graph. In addition, I want to show the totals of all the data per project wit...

Transferring cell totals...
I have 2 sheets per employee, week 1 and week 2. How do i transfer those totals from each week into the Final sheet? Also how do i go about showing/attaching my file into this thread? Lise Hi you could use simple formula like ='sheet_employee_1'!A20 Note: please do NOT attach files to this newsgroup. You could post some sample data in plain text! -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Lise" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:142eb01c444c2$80040db0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I have 2 sheets per employee, week 1 and week 2. How ...

Having trouble with an Access 2007 Report showing monthly totals with names.
I have a report that lists names and various items that were given to them. As well as any money given to them. In my report, I have 2 group items: 1. Client_Name 2. Date_Given The trouble with this scheme is there is no group totaling of the Date_Given. But when I change the first group "Client_Name" to "Date_Given" then the monthly totals show correctly. The problem now is that the Client_Name doesn't show up for each of the line items. How do I fix this issue? Thanks so much for your help on this. If you are grouping on client name, y...

Multiple Totals Columns in a Pivot Table
Hi. I've built a pivot table, and get totals values displayed as expected. In this case, it's a count of records. But I also want to see values for several expressions involving select categories. For example: Status ______ Location | Total Number of Records | Total of Status1 / Total Number of Records Is this possible? Thanks. Danny There is a method for generating multiple values but it looks at only the values related to the current Column Heading. For instance if you wanted both...