Can't Trigger Manual Sales Processes

I have created rule that triggers one of several manual sales processes when
an Opportunity is created.  It checks several conditions and then calls one
of a few manual sales processes based upon the condition.

With my security role, the workflow runs as intended, however, at the level
of the intended user, the trigger rule runs fine and the Workflow Monitor
says it is completed but the manual sales process never runs; it doesn't show
up on workflow monitor.  I suspect a permissions issue but I cannot figure it
out.  Is there a specific security role setting that has to be available to
run a manual sales process?

Thanks for any help or suggestions.
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

I should have noted that I can manually trigger the sales process by choosing
the Apply Rule option for the end user.  Also, I have several other instances
where I call subprocesses (rules) succesfully (not sales processes though)
with the end user role.

"Rick" wrote:

> I have created rule that triggers one of several manual sales processes when
> an Opportunity is created.  It checks several conditions and then calls one
> of a few manual sales processes based upon the condition.
>
> With my security role, the workflow runs as intended, however, at the level
> of the intended user, the trigger rule runs fine and the Workflow Monitor
> says it is completed but the manual sales process never runs; it doesn't show
> up on workflow monitor.  I suspect a permissions issue but I cannot figure it
> out.  Is there a specific security role setting that has to be available to
> run a manual sales process?
>
> Thanks for any help or suggestions.

atm skimmer for sale
***CUSTOM MADE ATM SKIMMERS*** We are English speaking technicians Our group is currently working with all new technology and one of the smallest readers available on todays market. All atm skimmer models can be fully assembled. TYPE:{GSM/USB/BLUETOOTH} MODEL:{NCR/WINCOR/DIEBOLD} Full kits can be provided which include pin pad for specific country and model of atm you wish to use,skimmer can be spray painted in your choosen color. Atm skimmers can be made to your specification if you provide us with a full frontal jpeg image of atm model. Will show live working skimmer on we...

Rob...Cost update trigger
I found a post that originally included a cost update trigger that Rob had created. It updates the sales price based on a new cost. I can't get the attachment anymore. Anybody out there have the trigger? Thanks, G E ...

Trigger email
Is there a way that you can have a countdown and when the countdown reaches 0 for it to automaticly send out a email to a certian person? You will first have to determine how you are going to calculate your countdown. Then try the following: Dim strSubject As String Dim strAddress As String Dim strMessage As String Dim blSendEmail as Boolean strSubject = "Countdown reached zero" strMessage = "This is the message that will be the body of the email." If 'This is where you would put the countdown check value' Then ...

Sales Process and Laptop Client
When running the laptop client, when I'm online and viewing an opportunity, I can see Sales Process as a menu item on the left under details. I see Information, Products, Relationships, Sales Process, Activities and History. When I Go Offline, that menu item no longer appears when viewing an oppotunity. It does tell me on the bottom of the oppotunity in the status bar what stage I'm in. Does this functionality not exist when offline? That is correct, when "Offline" the sales process menu item is not available. It is powered by the Workflow engine - only works while...

How to hiding a Process from Task Manager in NT or 2000?
I want to hide a program from Task manager, and this program can not be killed from task manager. I have pool english. Not possible, Stop trying to write viruses. - Mark Randall "tanyuheng" <tanyuheng@etang.com> wrote in message news:eK94Ky9yFHA.2516@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... >I want to hide a program from Task manager, and this program can not be >killed from task manager. > > I have pool english. > Try installing it in some way that it uses system privileges as a service etc so that it cannot be quit this way; but it requires installing - you can...

Sales batches
Is there a script available or some idea on how to get some SOP documents out of a batch automatically? We invoice for the day using a batch called "Ship Today". Sometimes we're only shipping a partial order, so when the orders shipping for the day in the Ship Today batch get transferred, any remainders will still be sitting in the Ship Today batch as orders. We want to move these to another batch. Can this be automatically done somehow? Any insight is appreciated. Thanks. -Joe Joe, Test this query at your own risk. I suggest you make a backup of your data prior to runn...

Trigger
CREATE TABLE tblA ( Symbol varchar(50) NOT NULL, APIFormat varchar(50) NULL, DataFormat varchar(50) NULL ) I would like to do the following: If a new row is added or APIFormat is edited, and DataFormat is not being updated, I would like to set DataFormat like this: If RIGHT(APIFORMAT,1) = '#', then SET DataFormat = LEFT(APIFORMAT,LEN(APIFORMAT)-1) + '0' If right(apiformat,1) <> '#', then SET DataFormat = APIFORMAT If I do the below trigger, if I don't update DataFormat, it sets it correctly, but...

Have to set up exchange account details in outlook for new users manually
Hello, I'm quite new to AD + Exchange so please forgive any stupid questions. When I create a new user in AD I am able to create a mailbox in exchange for the user at the same time. However, I then have to log on as the user, and am prompted to configure the email account details in Outlook. Is there a way (and I'm sure there is) the Outlook details can be completed automatically please? Am using Windows Server + Exchange 2003. Clients connect via Citrix. Thanks Ricki On 10 Mar 2007 10:04:51 -0800, "Coopa" <ricki.cooper@gmail.com> wrote: >Hello, > >I'...

Point of Sale / Accounting syncronization.
I am setting up a Point of Sale 2 / Accounting Pro 2007 pair. I have run the POS wizard, and have the Office Accounting 2007 tab in my POS. However it is only syncronizing todays receipts....we have over a month to syncronize. How do I configure that? Thank you, -- E.J. Bittner Computer Hardware Company LLC Technology Services P.O. Box 271 Greenbank, WA 98253-1271 ...

could not unregister BLM trigger
Hello: One of our Dynamics GP 9.0 clients is experiencing an unusual error message when exiting Report Writer and returning to GP. Although the error message is not priventing them from using Report Writer or GP, it is a point of interest. And, I would like to see what can be done to eliminate this message. The message is "Could not unregister the BLM trigger." Does anyone know what this means or how to eliminate it? I do not know, as of yet, if all workstations get this message or if even only just some users get this message. Thanks! childofthe1980s Hi I would sugg...

SQL Triggers in Headquarters
We are planning on implementing RMS and Headquarters for our multiple-store retail sales (do not have it installed yet). We are also going to have a virtual store, which will sell items from our brick-and-mortar store inventory. Without getting into too many details at this time, we have determined that the best way for us to accomplish our business needs is to have an external SQL database which will be used to keep track of brick-and-mortar store inventory and will also be used to record virtual store sales. We would then have triggers on this database and on the Headquarters databas...

Trigger on IVR10015
I'm trying to find a way to capture the actual created date on new items when the item copy function is used (when you use the copy function it stores the created date of the source item as the created date of the new item). We have manufacturing but we don't have the QA module, so I was trying to add a trigger to IVR10015 to put the current date in the QA Start Date field and or the QA End Date field upon insert to IVR10015. When I do that and add a new item I get the message below. How can I tell what the constraint is that is being violated? Any other ideas on how to capt...

SUMIF or SUMPRODUCT to calculate monthly sales of various products
Sheet1 In column C I have dates formatted as day/month/year; for example 31/01/2008 (usually there are several entries per day). In column D I have product names (two products) In column E I have the value of the product sales on that date. Sheet 2 Column A I have the date formatted as mmm-yy In Column's B and C I would like the sum of the sales of that product for the month. For example Sheet2 A B C Month Shoes Bags Jan-07 $3250 $1800 Feb-07 $1250 $4210 etc I tried formatting the date column in Sheet1 as mmm-yy and then using a pivot table but t...

Possible to trigger rules from MSN through VBA?
I understand that it is not possible to apply rules to email that comes in from MSN. In my case, my Outlook 2003 knows about two email sources, a POP3 account and an MSN account. Is it possible to write a VB macro that, upon delivery of an MSN email message, transfers that email message to the top of the POP3 email tree and have the rules execute on it from there? -- Richard Lewis Haggard www.Haggard-And-Associates.com ...

Replication Not being Triggered
Guys, I've created a new user more than 15 minutes ago and this user has not been replicated yet from the branch to my hub site. I'm testing the replication because of a few complaints of late that the replication is not happening as fast as it should. Any ideas of where I can start looking. I tested using dcdiag, repadmin and everything is ok. However, if i force the replication repadmin /replicate it works fine. I don't want to have to invoke replication everytime an object is created. Nik. Nik schrieb: > I've created a new user more than 15 minutes...

Can't get trigger to work with linked SQL Instance...
I'm trying to create a trigger on the Customer Master Table (RM00101) that will insert certain fields from a new record into another table on a seprate instance of SQL. I have linked the 2nd instance to the first from within Enterprise Manager. Whenever a new Customer record is created and saved the following SQL exception is thrown : "Heterogeneous queries require the ANSI_NULLS and ANSI_WARNINGS options to be set for the connection. This ensures consistent query semantics. Enable these options and then reissue your query" I have checked several sources for the cause...

Triggers
Greetings... I'm getting more and more sophsiticated -- but its getting scarier and scarier... I'd like to have a macro run when a user changes the value in a certain cell (via a dropdown picklist). The macro hides certain lines depending upon the view chosen. How can I do this? I know marcro's need to be RUN explicitly -- yet there seems to be some sort of EVENT command. Many thanks.../Randy Randy, There are plenty of events that happen in Excel. Go to the sheet module for your sheet (double-click it in the Project Explorer to open the code window). Open the Object dropdo...

Post Through GL for Apply Sales and Purchasing Documents
Allow the abitility to post Through the GL when you apply sales documents in RM and apply purchase payments in PM ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=4e28b7fb-...

Followup - Manual Payments
Thanks for the answers to the previous post. We are now approx. 2 weeks behind in entries for Dynamics. I was hoping to delegate the transaction entry among 2 clerks. I was going to have #1 enter transactions from Realworld for odd days and #2 enter transactions for even days. However, the check number does not allow for concurrent entry, i.e. we can't advance the check number for #2 to enter checks prior to #1 entering the checks for the prior day. Is there a workaround? I am thinking of running a bogus checkbook and close out the account to the real checkbook's account o...

About trigger
Hi. My application works on Accessa 2000. Alla my data are in SQL server, so there is an ODBC link between them. I have a table which includes for instance names of countries. Is it possible to creater some kind of trigger or something else to automatically popup a message box to each user, when someone adds a new coutnry to the database? User would not have to go and see, whether there are new countries in database, but the application tells the user when new countries are added. thanks Hannu ...

Sales Client for Outlook not appearing.
Okay, here is the problem I am experiencing. Problem: I install the CRM Sales client for outlook on the users profile. Restart the machine. Load up outlook, nothing CRM related is there. User has an account in CRM and can access it fine. We're using 1.2. Possibilities that could have lead to it: I installed the client under the administrator profile originally, later finding out that you can only install it on one profile per machine. I uninstalled from the administrator profile, installed under the user profile. Still doesn't work. Efforts made: Uninstalled from Administrat...

Help Need for Sales Comparison Report
I have a table of daily sales figures. Fields are: WE (Numberic for Week Number) Date (Date) CashSales (Currency) ChargeSales (Currency) Credits (Currency) What I need to be able to do is produce a report that shows a comparison of all sales by Week Number from 2007 vs current 2008 year, grouped by Week Numbers. Example: W/E 1 Date Cash Sales Charge Sales Credits Date Cash Sales Charge Sales Credit 1-1-07 $100.00 $50.00 $0 1-2-08 $110.00 $65.00 $0 1-2-07 $200.0...

CRM Sales for Outlook
Hello, We have a need to go offline with certain folks, and Sales for Outlook seems to allow this pretty nicely. I click "go offline" and it syncs up to allow you to access the Microsoft CRM "folder", etc. However, in this view I am unable to actually create a new case, or assign an activity to an existing case. It's almost like cases simply don't exist in the Sales for Outlook "world" - whether you are online or offline. Is this a limitation in CRM 1.2 or do I have something set wrong? Please advise and thank you for your time. -Johnny -- G...

Comments on Manual Calculation on certain sheets.
I have a sheet in a workbook with array functions that slows down performance with calculation on automatic (which I need for the other sheets). Would it not have been useful to be able to set a single sheet to Manual and update when needed in the same way Pivot Tables work? One way to work around this is to save the Array Formula sheet in another workbook. I have browsed some of the posts on Excel's way of handling Automatic/Manual recalculation and it seems as if there is room for improvement or are there important reasons that I am not aware of? Any comments. Laurence Lombard Hi ...

Distributions incorrect in Sales Orders
Ok - something changed and not sure what. Please help asap. When entering a sales order the distributions are not correct. It is including the Sales and Receivables accounts, but not the COGS and Inventory. The correct distributions should be Receivables, Sales, Inventory, COGS, Commission Payable, Salaries. Where does this information pull from? Nothing has changed in the item number, price schedule or customer information that I can tell. We did try to set up an additional address ID for our company that would allow for an additional ship to on PO's, but it changed the compan...