Can't see CRM Web site when installing Exchange E-mail Router

The installation of CRM worked flawlessly. Started to install the Exchange
E-mail router and everything looks ok except when it comes to the part where
you are to choose the CRM Web site. It's not in the list. It seems to be
picking up the web sites defined on the Exchange server. I know this because
we created a test site on the exchange server and it's showing up in the
drop down list. We can see the CRM box no problem.

What am I missing?

TIA

Richard.

0
Richard
7/15/2005 1:08:22 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Nevermind. Found some other documentation that states the web site should be
the default web site on the exchange server and NOT the web site on the CRM
Server.

"Richard Wodabek" <rwodabek@cogeco.ca> wrote in message
> The installation of CRM worked flawlessly. Started to install the Exchange
> E-mail router and everything looks ok except when it comes to the part
> where you are to choose the CRM Web site. It's not in the list. It seems
> to be picking up the web sites defined on the Exchange server. I know this
> because we created a test site on the exchange server and it's showing up
> in the drop down list. We can see the CRM box no problem.
>
> What am I missing?
>
> TIA
>
> Richard.

0
Richard
7/15/2005 2:26:52 PM
I got the same problem, the IG says that is better install the CRM site in a
new site and not in the defultalt web site.

Do you resolved the problem installing the site in the default web site
directory?

"Richard Wodabek" wrote:

> Nevermind. Found some other documentation that states the web site should be
> the default web site on the exchange server and NOT the web site on the CRM
> Server.
>

> "Richard Wodabek" <rwodabek@cogeco.ca> wrote in message
> > The installation of CRM worked flawlessly. Started to install the Exchange
> > E-mail router and everything looks ok except when it comes to the part
> > where you are to choose the CRM Web site. It's not in the list. It seems
> > to be picking up the web sites defined on the Exchange server. I know this
> > because we created a test site on the exchange server and it's showing up
> > in the drop down list. We can see the CRM box no problem.
> >
> > What am I missing?
> >
> > TIA
> >
> > Richard.

Where is the diskussion forum for crm beta 3.0
Hi, We are part of the CRM 3.0 BETA-program but where are the newsgroups for 3.0? The newsgroup named in the BETA-place is not in use since june. Best Regards, Daniel Thord�n Ibitec Stockholm daniel.thorden@ibitec.se Hi Daniel, The crm v3.0 discussion pages are here: http://webnews.microsoft.com/ You will need to sign in with your beta id and the password as submitted on betaplace. This discussion pages are referenced to on the betaplace as well. This morning I have checked them. Here they appear to be up to date. Hope this helps, Ronald Lemmen Avanade Netherlands "Daniel ...

exchange 5.5 #30
Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 251016 I was trying to following the instructions on how to troubleshoot this issue but the Kb doesn't show you how to resolve this issue. I found all tracking logs but it doesn't show the sender information. Doesn't anyone have a idea where i can find the sender info? Thanks, Al This issue may also occur if a user from the Internet sends an e-mail message to the public folder, and in the client permissions for that folder, the Default item under Name has anything less than Contributor permissions selected under Role. In this case, the NDR...

Mail folder fonts for received email
In Outlook 2003, is there a way to globally change the font for all received emails listings, not the font of the message? I know how to change them individually under VIEW, ARRANGE BY, CUSTOM and then change the fonts under OTHER SETTINGS and AUTOMATIC FORMATTING. When I make a change, it only affects one folder, not all the others. Should this be changing all, not just the current one? -- Neil Create a custom view with your preferred font settings, and make it available to all mail folders. Then when you go to each folder, set that view. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *...

mail merge to word
Hi, How can I make (I think) a mail merge for personal information (name, street, P.O.Box, phone number...) for one record in a sheet to a word document, and make it work at the touch of a button. In other words: filling data from the Excel sheet to the Word document. For help on Word mail merge using Excel as the data source have a look here http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateAMailMerge.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateADataSource. 50 min MS tutorial http://office.microsoft.com:80/training/training.aspx...

an error occured while installing microsoft crm folders 08-20-04
I installed microsoft CRM 1.2 on a windows 2000 advanced server which is just a member server. I have a windows 2000 DC and I have Microsoft CRM Sales for Outlook client software installed on another server. But whenever I launch outlook the program comes up with this error "an error occured while installing microsoft crm folders" Pls what could be the problem. Thanks ...

Setting up Exchange Cluster with AD
This is a general question. We are about to setup a "new" exchange server and move our existing exchange to that. With the "new" server we want to have another machine in a "cluster" setup. Operating system will be windows 2003 and will be exchange2003. Do the machines need to be identical hardware? ? What other things do we need to concern ourselves about on these two machines.? Specifically AD, Global catlog settings, Domain settings etc -- John Christie John MS do not support a AD domain controller in a clustered environment so don't install a DC ...

I cant see emails coming in anymore.
I used to push send/receive and a box would come up telling me 'Receiving 8 of 40 emails' with a green bar going across the centre. Once the emails are received the box goes. If I push send/receive nothing happens. If I push it say, 10 times, again nothing happens. Once all the emails are thru the box that used to come up, than flashes up 10 times, but by than its a little late. Does anyone know how to get the box back? I would really appreciate it... KR Mick. I send this message using the forward procedure to somebody of the group My problem is likely the same as a lot ...

choosing send account with exchange
I have just switched from Internet only email to Microsoft exchange. I have two email accounts, and I like to be able to choose from which account I send each new message. I seem to have lost that functionality as I can only send from one of the accounts. Can it be restored while Outlook is set up for Exchange? Thank you John You will need to use separate profiles as having Internet and Exchange in the same profile leads to eventual corruption. The basic answer is that you will need to move the preferred transport to the top of the list in Tools->Services to send from that account...

TRansfering Exchange Email into Entourage
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange How can this be done. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0079_01CAEB28.DCBCA450 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Just configure Entourage as an Exchange client and Entourage will sync = all the emails available on the user's mailbox. <shaban@officeformac.com> wrote in message = news:59bb7d08.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0... Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X ...

Sent mail
All of a sudden, all my sent mail is being copied to my inbox instaid of my outbox. Can someone tell me how to change this, please? Paul S begin 666 Paul S.vcf M0D5'24XZ5D-!4D0-"E9%4E-)3TXZ,BXQ#0I..E,[4&%U; T*1DXZ4&%U;"!3 M#0I.24-+3D%-13IP875L8F]C80T*14U!24P[4%)%1CM)3E1%4DY%5#IP875L M8F]C84!B96QL<V]U=&@N;F5T#0I2158Z,C P-#$Q,C%4,3@Q-# S6@T*14Y$ (.E9#05)$#0H` ` end Next time you're in Outlook Express, click on: Tools|Options|Send Tab Do you have that first item checked: "Save copy of sent message in the 'Sent Items' Folder" But I thin...

crm token #2
some times i track an email in crm sent it to a customer- i got the customer repaly to the mail but i dont see the traking icon in the replay message and it seemed to be un tracked but if i go to the customer history i see his replay inside the history further more if i press track in crm to his replay he'll give me directly the regarding field filled with this customer have some body an idia about this see this http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929385/en-us try to install rollup update 2 and it will work. -- Regards, Imran MS CRM Certified Professional http://microsoftcrm3.blo...

not receiving alias mail
I recently converted to WLM with new computer. Main account working fine. Not receiving any alias mail. Still receiving alias mail on old computer. Any help appreciated. If you are using POP3 with the account, then in the mail program on the old PC you need to set it to leave a copy of messages on the server. Depending on the mail program used there, the way to do that May be Right click the mail account's name in the folder pane, then select Properties, Advanced and adjust the Leave a copy of messages on the server settings. -- Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec...

CRM Administator Position for rapidly growing Medical company: Kansas City
If interested, please let me know: rbecker@enturia.com If this is not an appropriate posting for this group, I apologize. ...

Can you retain msgs in Web Access afer deletion from reg outlook
Is there a way to keep messages that are deleted from web access from being deleted from regular Outlook and vice versa? If you use Exchange as your default location for Outlook, then no. Once = deleted from the server, it is deleted from your default store. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, Carolyn asked: | Is there a way to keep messages that are deleted from web access from | being deleted from regular Out...

Not able to see all data but can see on another computer
Hi, I am using SAP application and if i retrive the excel file from SAP i can see only 48 lines where as i should see 110 lines but if i opened that same excel file in another computer then i can see all lines (110 Lines) i don't know why its happening. Can anyone help on this? Thanks in advance. Regards, Harish ...

Can't save messages to hard drive from Outlook 2000 with Exchange 5.5
When I try to copy emails (with attachments) to a folder on my desktop I get an error that says " An error occured while copying file" Every once in a while a file will copy but there seems no rhyme or reason to it. Files without attachments will copy fine. I can move the emails between folders in my in box but I have the same problems trying to archive the files or trying to copy them to personal folders. I have office service pack 3 installed. I CAN open the files up one by one and "save as" and they will save but that is ridiculous. Usually I see this as a...

IE8 installer starts automatically. IE8 is already installed.
I tried to help a neighbor who had filled up the hard drive on her 2002 HP computer. I uninstalled Arcsoft, which freed up 500MB. But during startup an IE8 install wizard starts automatically -- which I cancel. When I load IE to access the Internet, [help][about] indicates the current version is already IE8. Should I let the automatic installer continue? Does the attempt of IE8 installer to run automatically mean their is a problem? Advice will be appreciated, Stan Hilliard You may be confusing the IE8 "RunOnce" or "Welcome screen" with an attempt to (re...

CRM 4 Outlook Client
Hi, Although it runs sometimes the majority of the time the CRM client is causing Outlook to hang. It either prevents outlook from opening, prevents messages from being dispayed or Outlook freezes when try and send a message. As soon as the CRM client is removed all is okay. Is anyone using it for real?! What might be making it so unrelieable for us? Marcus -- MR ICT Ltd - http://www.mrict.co.uk a) Delete (disabling is not sufficient!!!) every Anti Virus software on this computer. b) Disable all further addins inside Outlook. Does it work now? If not, open a service request with M...

Query to Access : does'nt see tables
Office 2000 SP3 FR From Excel / MS Query, I want to read data in Access tables. I choose the mdb file and so MS Query displays this error message (translated) : "This data source does'nt have any visible table". Original in French : "Cette source de donn�es ne contient aucune table visible." I transfert my data to a new mdb file : it work's few times (!), then the error message appears again. How to resolve this problem ? Jacques. Gotcha ! MS Query does'nt accept a file name with 2 dot inside ! Example : MyFile.mdb --> Ok My.File.mdb --> "...

How to see my mail queue?
Hi there, I have a Exchange 2000 running on Windows 2000 server. Could you please tell me how to monitor my emails in my mail queue? I can't find a location on the Windows to see the mail queue status. Thanks in advance, Ross To view the mail queues follow these steps: 1. Open system manager, Navigate down to the following location Your organization --> Administrative groups --> Your Admin group --> Servers --> Your Server --> Protocols --> SMTP --> SMTP virtual server --> Queues You should then see all the smtp queues and monitor mail. thanks, J. ...

share pst file without Exchange?
I have a home network - an old laptop in the kitchen and a new desktop in the office. I want the Outlook files to reside on the desktop since it's backed up and more reliable but would like to use the laptop for sending/receiving email. I'd like to be able to see the same info (sent mail, inbox, calendar) on both computers. Is it possible without using Exchange? I've succesfully connected the laptop to a mailbox.pst file on the desktop but since the inbox is empty I can only assume this isn't where the email is stored. Well, I have been trying to figure this out my...

Can anyone tell me how to do a mail merge from Excel?
I have loaded 388 entries and now cannot figure out how to print to labels. Some have told me I had to copy and export from Word, but I don't understand how to do that. Help! BJS, If you Google "Mail Merge from Excel to Word" you will get lots of sites that will give you a step by step with screen captures. huber57 "BJS" wrote: > I have loaded 388 entries and now cannot figure out how to print to labels. > Some have told me I had to copy and export from Word, but I don't understand > how to do that. Help! Saved from a previ...

windows live mail contact folder empty?
just open the window live mail and my contact folder is empty. I am running windows 7 and windows live mail. can any one help me find all the contacts? thanks royce Were they present when you....? a. logged on to Windows Live in WLM with your Live ID or b. didn't do (a) If (a), are they present at contacts.live.com ? If (b), did you back them up to a csv file ? -- ...winston ms-mvp mail "royce" <royce@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:658BFAFB-B83C-4474-B0E5-92C5CC108B10@microsoft.com... > just open the window live mail and my ...

Possible to prompt for dividends only in MS Money and not on web?
I'm using MS Money Premium 2006 and it prompts me to accept dividends as they are about to be paid. I also get prompted for the same dividends if I log in to the Money Central website. Is there a setting that will only show prompts for dividends in MS Money Premium and not when I log into the Money Central website? Thanks, Miles ...

CRM Install Problems
Greets All. I'm trying to install CRM server from the MS Action Pack on SBS2k. I think I have all the prerequisites taken care of, SQL installs fine, exchange installs ok and even CRM seems to be happy...it even gets to where it's removing installation files. But then, at the very end...BAM! "Failed to install Mircrosoft Customer Relationship Mangement Server. Failed to provision your initial business. Failed to create organization. Unknown error. (80041A04)" Anyone run into this one and have some pointers? Also on a side note, I kind of inherited a preexisting d...