Can't publish reports to MS CRM 3.0

I've created a custom quote report using VS 2003.  I'm running MS CRM 3.0
with SQL 2000.  The report runs fine in VS 2003 and I can publish through VS
using deploy solution.  The report actually does publish to the all reports
category and I can run it just fine.  However, I need this report to be
specifically associated with the Quotes and available from within the Quote
form.  If I publish the report using the method that I just described, I
cannot edit the report categorization through the GUI for the following:

- Category
- Related Record Types
- Display In

When I go the More Actions/Edit Report function, I receive the following
generic error:  "An error has occurred.  For more information, contact your
system administrator" and I'm dead in the water.

Additionally, I receive the same exact error message if I try to publish the
report using the conventional method of going through the GUI.  I can select
the file and set all of the properties, however when I go to save, I receive
the same generic error message.

I have searched every where that I can think of to try and resolve this
issue, however, I cannot seem to find anything related to this particular
issue.

If anyone has experienced this problem and have found a solution, please let
me know.

Thanks in advance!!!

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi John,

The first thing I check is to see if the report is using a share
datasource, if so, uncheck the share data source box then save the
report to upload again to see if you are getting the error.

Darren Liu
Crowe Chizek and Company
http://www.crowechizek.com/crowe/microsoft

JohnS wrote:
> I've created a custom quote report using VS 2003.  I'm running MS CRM 3.0
> with SQL 2000.  The report runs fine in VS 2003 and I can publish through VS
> using deploy solution.  The report actually does publish to the all reports
> category and I can run it just fine.  However, I need this report to be
> specifically associated with the Quotes and available from within the Quote
> form.  If I publish the report using the method that I just described, I
> cannot edit the report categorization through the GUI for the following:
>
> - Category
> - Related Record Types
> - Display In
>
> When I go the More Actions/Edit Report function, I receive the following
> generic error:  "An error has occurred.  For more information, contact your
> system administrator" and I'm dead in the water.
>
> Additionally, I receive the same exact error message if I try to publish the
> report using the conventional method of going through the GUI.  I can select
> the file and set all of the properties, however when I go to save, I receive
> the same generic error message.
>
> I have searched every where that I can think of to try and resolve this
> issue, however, I cannot seem to find anything related to this particular
> issue.
>
> If anyone has experienced this problem and have found a solution, please let
> me know.
>
> Thanks in advance!!!

0
Darren
9/14/2006 4:03:18 AM
Darren,

Thanks for the tip.  I will try this and respost the results.

Thanks again!

"Darren Liu" wrote:

> Hi John,
>
> The first thing I check is to see if the report is using a share
> datasource, if so, uncheck the share data source box then save the
> report to upload again to see if you are getting the error.
>
> Darren Liu
> Crowe Chizek and Company
> http://www.crowechizek.com/crowe/microsoft
>

> JohnS wrote:
> > I've created a custom quote report using VS 2003.  I'm running MS CRM 3.0
> > with SQL 2000.  The report runs fine in VS 2003 and I can publish through VS
> > using deploy solution.  The report actually does publish to the all reports
> > category and I can run it just fine.  However, I need this report to be
> > specifically associated with the Quotes and available from within the Quote
> > form.  If I publish the report using the method that I just described, I
> > cannot edit the report categorization through the GUI for the following:
> >
> > - Category
> > - Related Record Types
> > - Display In
> >
> > When I go the More Actions/Edit Report function, I receive the following
> > generic error:  "An error has occurred.  For more information, contact your
> > system administrator" and I'm dead in the water.
> >
> > Additionally, I receive the same exact error message if I try to publish the
> > report using the conventional method of going through the GUI.  I can select
> > the file and set all of the properties, however when I go to save, I receive
> > the same generic error message.
> >
> > I have searched every where that I can think of to try and resolve this
> > issue, however, I cannot seem to find anything related to this particular
> > issue.
> >
> > If anyone has experienced this problem and have found a solution, please let
> > me know.
> >
> > Thanks in advance!!!

Darren,

I tried your suggestion by unchecking the shared data source, saved and
still no luck publishing.  Any other suggestions?

"Darren Liu" wrote:

> Hi John,
>
> The first thing I check is to see if the report is using a share
> datasource, if so, uncheck the share data source box then save the
> report to upload again to see if you are getting the error.
>
> Darren Liu
> Crowe Chizek and Company
> http://www.crowechizek.com/crowe/microsoft
>

> JohnS wrote:
> > I've created a custom quote report using VS 2003.  I'm running MS CRM 3.0
> > with SQL 2000.  The report runs fine in VS 2003 and I can publish through VS
> > using deploy solution.  The report actually does publish to the all reports
> > category and I can run it just fine.  However, I need this report to be
> > specifically associated with the Quotes and available from within the Quote
> > form.  If I publish the report using the method that I just described, I
> > cannot edit the report categorization through the GUI for the following:
> >
> > - Category
> > - Related Record Types
> > - Display In
> >
> > When I go the More Actions/Edit Report function, I receive the following
> > generic error:  "An error has occurred.  For more information, contact your
> > system administrator" and I'm dead in the water.
> >
> > Additionally, I receive the same exact error message if I try to publish the
> > report using the conventional method of going through the GUI.  I can select
> > the file and set all of the properties, however when I go to save, I receive
> > the same generic error message.
> >
> > I have searched every where that I can think of to try and resolve this
> > issue, however, I cannot seem to find anything related to this particular
> > issue.
> >
> > If anyone has experienced this problem and have found a solution, please let
> > me know.
> >
> > Thanks in advance!!!

John,

try to verify that the role assignments for the Microsoft CRM reports
are set up correctly

a. In your browser, locate the page
http://<report_server>/<Report_Manager>. (For example,
http://srsserver/reports.)
b. On the toolbar, click Show Details.
c. Click the Edit button next to <organization>_MSCRM line.
d. Click Security.
e. In the list, verify that the account name that Microsoft CRM runs
under is associated with the Publisher for Microsoft CRM role.
The Group or user column should include the account. For example, if
Microsoft CRM runs under Network Service or Local System, if the domain
is CRMDOM, and the computer name of the Microsoft CRM server is crm01,
you should see CRMDOM\crm01$. If CRM and SRS are on the same server and
Microsoft CRM runs under Network Service, you should see NT
AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE. If Microsoft CRM runs under a user account
CRMUser, you should see CRMDOM\CRMUser. In the Role column, you should
see Publisher for Microsoft CRM.
f. In the list, verify that the ReportingGroup is associated with the
Browser for Microsoft CRM role.

If you don't see the security roles, add it.

JohnS wrote:
> Darren,
>
> I tried your suggestion by unchecking the shared data source, saved and
> still no luck publishing.  Any other suggestions?
>
> "Darren Liu" wrote:
>
> > Hi John,
> >
> > The first thing I check is to see if the report is using a share
> > datasource, if so, uncheck the share data source box then save the
> > report to upload again to see if you are getting the error.
> >
> > Darren Liu
> > Crowe Chizek and Company
> > http://www.crowechizek.com/crowe/microsoft
> >

> > JohnS wrote:
> > > I've created a custom quote report using VS 2003.  I'm running MS CRM 3.0
> > > with SQL 2000.  The report runs fine in VS 2003 and I can publish through VS
> > > using deploy solution.  The report actually does publish to the all reports
> > > category and I can run it just fine.  However, I need this report to be
> > > specifically associated with the Quotes and available from within the Quote
> > > form.  If I publish the report using the method that I just described, I
> > > cannot edit the report categorization through the GUI for the following:
> > >
> > > - Category
> > > - Related Record Types
> > > - Display In
> > >
> > > When I go the More Actions/Edit Report function, I receive the following
> > > generic error:  "An error has occurred.  For more information, contact your
> > > system administrator" and I'm dead in the water.
> > >
> > > Additionally, I receive the same exact error message if I try to publish the
> > > report using the conventional method of going through the GUI.  I can select
> > > the file and set all of the properties, however when I go to save, I receive
> > > the same generic error message.
> > >
> > > I have searched every where that I can think of to try and resolve this
> > > issue, however, I cannot seem to find anything related to this particular
> > > issue.
> > >
> > > If anyone has experienced this problem and have found a solution, please let
> > > me know.
> > >
> > > Thanks in advance!!!

0
Darren
9/18/2006 7:46:24 PM
Darren,

I was able to get it to work by deleted the previous reports that I had
published through VS.  Once I unselected the shared data source option and
deleted, I was able to publish through MS CRM.

Thank you very much for your assistance, it is very much appreciated.

"Darren Liu" wrote:

> John,
>
> try to verify that the role assignments for the Microsoft CRM reports
> are set up correctly
>
> a. In your browser, locate the page
> http://<report_server>/<Report_Manager>. (For example,
> http://srsserver/reports.)
> b. On the toolbar, click Show Details.
> c. Click the Edit button next to <organization>_MSCRM line.
> d. Click Security.
> e. In the list, verify that the account name that Microsoft CRM runs
> under is associated with the Publisher for Microsoft CRM role.
> The Group or user column should include the account. For example, if
> Microsoft CRM runs under Network Service or Local System, if the domain
> is CRMDOM, and the computer name of the Microsoft CRM server is crm01,
> you should see CRMDOM\crm01$. If CRM and SRS are on the same server and
> Microsoft CRM runs under Network Service, you should see NT
> AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE. If Microsoft CRM runs under a user account
> CRMUser, you should see CRMDOM\CRMUser. In the Role column, you should
> see Publisher for Microsoft CRM.
> f. In the list, verify that the ReportingGroup is associated with the
> Browser for Microsoft CRM role.
>
> If you don't see the security roles, add it.
>
> Darren Liu
> Crowe Chizek and Company
> http://www.crowechizek.com/crowe/microsoft
>

> JohnS wrote:
> > Darren,
> >
> > I tried your suggestion by unchecking the shared data source, saved and
> > still no luck publishing.  Any other suggestions?
> >
> > "Darren Liu" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi John,
> > >
> > > The first thing I check is to see if the report is using a share
> > > datasource, if so, uncheck the share data source box then save the
> > > report to upload again to see if you are getting the error.
> > >
> > > Darren Liu
> > > Crowe Chizek and Company
> > > http://www.crowechizek.com/crowe/microsoft

Hi Darren,

I had the same problem, and the uncheck-solution did help. Thanks!

Caspert

"Darren Liu" wrote:

> Hi John,
>
> The first thing I check is to see if the report is using a share
> datasource, if so, uncheck the share data source box then save the
> report to upload again to see if you are getting the error.
>
> Darren Liu
> Crowe Chizek and Company
> http://www.crowechizek.com/crowe/microsoft
>

> JohnS wrote:
> > I've created a custom quote report using VS 2003.  I'm running MS CRM 3.0
> > with SQL 2000.  The report runs fine in VS 2003 and I can publish through VS
> > using deploy solution.  The report actually does publish to the all reports
> > category and I can run it just fine.  However, I need this report to be
> > specifically associated with the Quotes and available from within the Quote
> > form.  If I publish the report using the method that I just described, I
> > cannot edit the report categorization through the GUI for the following:
> >
> > - Category
> > - Related Record Types
> > - Display In
> >
> > When I go the More Actions/Edit Report function, I receive the following
> > generic error:  "An error has occurred.  For more information, contact your
> > system administrator" and I'm dead in the water.
> >
> > Additionally, I receive the same exact error message if I try to publish the
> > report using the conventional method of going through the GUI.  I can select
> > the file and set all of the properties, however when I go to save, I receive
> > the same generic error message.
> >
> > I have searched every where that I can think of to try and resolve this
> > issue, however, I cannot seem to find anything related to this particular
> > issue.
> >
> > If anyone has experienced this problem and have found a solution, please let
> > me know.
> >
> > Thanks in advance!!!

updated junk mail filters for ms outlook
Is there an improved junk mail filter and if so where can i go to download ...

Cross Company Reporting
I am reasonably familiar with GP/FRX/Crystal. However, how do I create reports in Crystal/FRX which span Companies. Presumably I have to hit multiple databases, but do not know how this can be done. Please help. I think the best thing would be to create views that have all the data from the companies. You then build the report on top of the view. There may be other ways but I would bet that you will need to resort to SQL views sooner or later. On a different note, I think the advanced analysis cubes give you cross-company reporting capabilities. While the initial cost could be cons...

How to have report text shift left ? (Fname MI Lname)
When creating a report we want the Fname MI Lname to shift left and not be spaced out... Not Like... John A Smith But like... John A. Smith. I looked at properties for the fields on the report but need guidance. thanks for any help. "Will" <Will@somewhere.com> wrote in news:46d33b94$0$6491$4c368faf@roadrunner.com: > When creating a report we want the Fname MI Lname to shift left > and not be spaced out... > > Not Like... > > John A Smith > > But like... > > John A. Smith. > > ...

Publishing to the web through Publisher

Problem using problem reporting
I noticed that windows 7 error reporting no longer works on my machine. It goes through the motions then reports it cannot connect to the error reporting service at this time, try again later. I have tried many times, same results each day. Any clue as to what might be wrong? Anyone heard of this error or know of a fix I'm using Windows 7 64 bit. Seen it reported a few times. The cause has worked out to one of three: 1.) Third party firewall 2.) Horked DNS 3.) Serious infection. Unfortunately, the third is the most common I've seen. -- Charlie. http://msmvps....

MS Money and Business 2002
I'm confused. I've been using MS Money 2002 on a Windows 2000 Pro pc since 2002. Now I'm running MS Money 2002 on an XP Pro pc. I received a message telling me I would no longer be able to log into Money 2002 since July 31, 2008. That was some time ago. Question: If one logs in using the "Offline" mode, can one continue to use this old version of MS Money? I don't care if nothing automatically updates. Thank you for your help. ...

publisher #74

MS CRM & Sharepoint Services
Hi All, Does anyone have any experience incorporating MS CRM into a sharepoint services portal? (Win2k3) This seems like a logical solution but i cannot find reference to a similar case anywhere. We want to allow staff to enter via the sharepoint site and have access to Webmail & MS CRM as well as the features of Sharepoint. Any help or comments would be appreciated. - Stu ...

Custom reports #8
I am trying to set up a custom report for my business that will diplay something like: SalesRep|Item|Discount($0 if none)|SalePrice|TotalPrice...All that I can't figure out is how to show what items were discounted and how much for. Also, is there any way to pull up the Top Sales Rep list and have it show on there how much each employee has discounted for the week? Any help would be greatly appreciated! hi AGC62, your first query about the report you can do so if you know how to modify the active report the .grp files, however if not we are here to help you out. I have the report ...

MS Word won't let me keep two documents open simultaneously
All of a sudden, I can no longer have more than one word document open simultaneously. Can anyone tell me how to re-engage this capability? Thank you, thank you, thank you! (in advance) From the Tools menu, click on Options and then go to the View tab and change the setting for the "Windows in Taskbar" item under the "Show" section of the dialog. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "Ja...

Unable to find CRM Instance
It appears as if other people have experienced the "Can't Find CRM Server" installation error before; however, I don't see any posts on how to fix it. Please help! I've been using the CRM Server for some time now with no problems. Every time I try to install SFO, I get the following error: Setup was unable to find an instance of the CRM components. Thanks for your help. I fixed this by ensuring in internet options, security for trusted sites (includes crm server) automatically authenticate with current username/password. Using IE went to crm server, auth...

Reports from rows
I need to send one row at a time (or multiple selected rows), on command via a button, to a printed, one record per page, report. I can send the record to another worksheet or a Word document. What is the best way to accomplish this? I am limited to working in Excel 97. Thanks in advance. If you're printing the report, maybe just applying data|filter autofilter and going through each unique entry would be sufficient (then print). Or just keep the headers(???), hide everything but the first data line, print, hide everything but the second, print. and so forth then show everythi...

Installing Publisher 2003 gives an error

Help on synchroning contacts from CRM to Outlook, please!
When I clicked go offline button in MS Outlook laptop version, it started to syncronize the data from CRM. But I always got an error message: "An unknown error occurred while syncronizing data to Outlook, Value does not fall within the expected range" , although in Option...Synchronization...Contacts UNCHECKED. In TASKS tab, at the end it says synchronizing 133 contacts to Outlook CANCELLED. Can anybody suggest what the problem is and how to fix it? Sorry. I forgot to say that it is MS outlook 2003, CRM 3.0 on server and client. "Cindy" wrote: > When I clicked...

I want to calculate 3 different % from the same cell
I am making an invoice that will figure a discount for a certain amount of sale, all from the same cell, if the subtotal is < 500 then they will get no discount, if it is > 500 they will get a 5%, and if it is > 750 they will get a 10% discount, what formula do i use?? -- cardfan057 You don't say what you want if the amount is exactly 500 or 750 but try: =A1*(1-((A1>=750)+(A1>=500))*5%) -- HTH Sandy In Perth, the ancient capital of Scotland sandymann2@mailinator.com Replace@mailinator.com with @tiscali.co.uk "cardfan057" <cardfan057@discussions.micro...

Sending Publisher Files

Outlook client for CRM 4.0 error starting up
Hello, I have the following problem when I startup the outlook client. I get error : Symptom 4 When you start the Microsoft Dynamics CRM client for Outlook, you receive the following error message: An error occurred loading Microsoft CRM functionality, try restarting Outlook. Additionally, Error event 80072f19 is referenced in the Application log: Event: 16941 A problem occurred initializing the initialization progress toolbar. Restart Microsoft CRM and try again. HR=0x80072f19. Context=. Function=CAddin::HrActivateAddin. Line=322. I got this one from I microsoft document, but the solut...

CRM "multiple instance"
Could it be possible to have multiple CRM Instances on the same LAN? if so how would be the email router be configured?! Is it possibe also to have 1 application Server installed on it all Applications instances? mrefaat wrote: > Could it be possible to have multiple CRM Instances on > the same LAN? > if so how would be the email router be configured?! > > Is it possibe also to have 1 application Server installed > on it all Applications instances? Hello, Multiple CRM 1.2 instances on the same LAN works fine together. One Exchange server can serve exactly one CRM 1....

Publisher 2000 #23

Microsoft CRM for Outlook
I have installed Microsoft CRM for Outlook on my computer. It worked for a little bit. Now every time I restart Outlook it crashes Outlook and disables Microsoft CRM for Outlook. I have to reopen Outlook and re-enable CRM for Outlook in order for it to work again. Do you know why this is happening? How is CRM for Outlook disabled/enabled (i.e. where are you going to "enable" the SFO client)? -- Brandon IT Director Presentations Direct - Office Equipment & Supplies http://www.presentationsdirect.com "Brie" <Brie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mess...

Publisher 2003

upgrade publisher