campaign via mail merge: failure

Hi All,
I'm fighting with strange issue in campaign activity that use e-mail merge.
When distribute campaign activity, email was sent to only the first member
of marketing list.
No errors are displayed or traked in trace log. Does anyone know how to
solve this issue?

My configuration is: CRM 4.0, Outolook 2007 SP1

Many thanks,
Luke
0
Luke (96)
3/16/2009 9:55:02 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

We are running into similar issues on our mail merge and quick campaigns.
The merge does not bring all selected contacts into the merge for email
distribution. We have been unable to determine cause and which contacts are
being chosen.

Any suggestions?

Gary

"Luke" wrote:

> Hi All,
> I'm fighting with strange issue in campaign activity that use e-mail merge.
> When distribute campaign activity, email was sent to only the first member
> of marketing list.
> No errors are displayed or traked in trace log. Does anyone know how to
> solve this issue?
>
> My configuration is: CRM 4.0, Outolook 2007 SP1
>
> Many thanks,
> Luke
0
GaryG (18)

Some SMTP mail not received
Hi Guys. Recently upgraded corp network from Exchange 2000 to Exchange 2003. Now (and presumably even prior to the upgrade) some mailboxes do not receive all the email sent from external mailservers. Some is received. The mail that is not received does not generate any NDR at the sender's side. I cannot find any common base for the messages that are not received (size, specific sender etc) This is not an Outlook rules issue, nor is it an antivirus deleting messages arbitrarily. HELP! Thanks "Arnon" <arnonf@hotmail.com> wrote: >Recently upgraded corp network from Excha...

Windows mail on Vista machine
I am running Windows Mail on a Vista machine which has MS Office 2007 installed. I have purchased a new machine which runs Windows 7, 64-bit and also has MS Office 2007 installed. Is there a way to get from Windows Mail on the Vista machine to Outlook on the Windows machine and move all my settings, address book, and old mail? Thank you. -- _____________________________________________________________________ God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference. Sure. On the Vista c...

AfterUpdate event not firing when control is updated via code
I have a text box control on a form which is normally updated by the user. However, there are instances where a generic code is used in this field, and I have a button on the form that the user clicks to populate that control with the generic code. My problem is I have code in that text box control's AfterUpdate event that does not fire when the text box is updated by the command button's code. This is the underlying code of the command button (it pops up a form which updates the field in the main form... this is the code from that second form): Private Sub Command24_Click() D...

Distro list mail acceptance
How can i make my distribution lists not to accept emails from outside the company email addresses? If you are running Exchange 2003, you can click a checkbox on the Exchange General property (I think) page that tells it not to accept mail from anonymous connections. Otherwise, you have to put in a list of authorized senders. You could create a DL of your internal users, then put that in the list of people that are allowed to send to that DL. -- Jim McBee Blog: http://mostlyexchange.blogspot.com Web: http://www.somorita.com "Sin Joe" <SinJoe@discussions.microsof...

how to send HTML e-mails with images?
I can't figure out how to set up an HTML newsletter (i.e. same format each time) to send via e-mail. I receive these things all the time and I know how to create HTML web pages, but I can't figure out how to send an e-mail from Outlook that is basically formatted like a web page, which calls images from a server (rather than attached)...can anyone help? Depends how complex you want the email, there is an easy way using Outlooks add a signature. send me a email ross@trainingcomputersolutions.co.uk, I will show you >-----Original Message----- >I can't figure out how to set u...

Suddenly cannot receive mail through outlook express
I cannot receive my e-mail. As I open mail, I get this error message: "Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'mail.comcast.net', Server: 'mail.comcast.net', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '+OK', Port: 110, Secure (SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F" I have been through the phone tech help nighmare at Microsoft and HP, trying to get it figured out...any ideas? Thank you so much. This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 9...

Hiding "Create Quick Campaign" button
Hi, Can anybody help me on hiding the button in Account entity. I want to hide "Create quick Campaign" button in Account Record. Thank You Vinod ...

color code mail folders in outlook
Could anyone know if I can color-code mail folders in outlook since I have created over +100 folders. It is very difficult to read the words of each folder. Is there a better way to organize these folders? Is there any add-on software to Outlook to make things simplier. Thanks very much. No, its not possible at all in older versions of outlook; outlook 2010 supports it programmically. Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] 'Outlook Tips' (http://www.outlook-tips.net/) | 'Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center' (http://www.slipstick.com/) 'Outlook Tips by em...

Search for e-mails in subfolders
Anyway to be able to search for e-mails in SUBFOLDERS? Yep, use Advanced Find and select the folders you want to search in. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Veronica" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5c6f01c48168$84b1e750$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Anyway to be able to search for e-mails in SUBFOLDERS? My Outlook 2003 sometimes burps on this. I go into advanced and selecat all folders and sometimes it do...

Change merge button to "center across selection"
I can't find a way to assign the "center across selection" action to the "merge" button in excel. Modify and customize didn't help. Any ideas? Thanks for any help! BH try assigning a custom button to this code in your personal.xls Sub CenterAcross() Selection.HorizontalAlignment = xlCenterAcrossSelection End Sub -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Brian H" <brian.hamilton@smhco.com> wrote in message news:OuDPrqozFHA.2072@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > I can't find a way to assign the "center across selection" ac...

Mail delay within single server
We are having problems with users not receiving emails in a timely fashion. The scenario is this, all users are local users on the Exchange server: User1 sends an email to User2 and User3. User3 gets the email right away, several minutes will pass before User2 receives the email. Sometimes this can be up to several hours before a User will get the email. The problem is not isolated to one User being the one that has the delay. Any solution or suggestion ? Was anything added/removed/modified? When did this start happening? What kind of AV you running for Exchange? "Ho&quo...

How to create textbox control via code?
Hi all, I'd like to know how to create textbox control via VBA code on runtime. Is it possible or not? I need to create textbox more than one. I have a number that i will use in number of textboxes. Thanks Uysal YILMAZ newst wrote: >I'd like to know how to create textbox control via VBA code on runtime. Is >it possible or not? >I need to create textbox more than one. I have a number that i will use in >number of textboxes. Sorry, but that concept is an oxymoron. Creating controls is strictly a design time operation. Even if you open the form in design view, u...

E-mail Mail Merge
Is there a way to allow all messages to be sent in a e- mail mail merge without having to select "Allow access to Outlook..." for every message? Depends on your version, which you failed to post. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Joseph S" <joecrew@comcast.net> wrote in message news:02c201c34caa$71e54cf0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a way to allow all messages to be sent in a e- > mail mail merge without having to select "Allow access to > Outlook..." for every message? ...

web mail and exchange server 2003
Dear friends, we recently installed exchange server 2003 in our department and web mail feature does not work. Specifically it asks for user name and password and then it returns an error message: the page cannot be displayed. there is a problem with the page you are trying to reach and it cannot be displayed (HTTP 500 - Internal server error) we have followed all the instructions and we were not given the option to setup webmail or not could you please help thanx George "George Kagadis" <kagadis@med.upatras.gr> wrote: >Dear friends, > >we recently instal...

Opportunity item in the campaign
It's possible to put the "item" opportunities in the tree view, after open the campaign? How I can do that? Regards Daniel pinto ...

I can't send e-mail via Outlook
I get the following error message. The host 'derek.olson@att.net' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Subject 'test', Account: 'derek.olson@att.net', Server: 'derek.olson@att.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): Yes, Socket Error: 11003, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D DO;1681755 Wrote: > I get the following error message. > > The host 'derek.olson@att.net' could not be found. Please verify that > you > have entered the server name correctly. > Subject 'test'...

archived e-mail?
Where to archived e-mails get stored? How can I access them? - Dan [XP Pro/Office 2003] By default they go to a file named archve.pst and can be found here; C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\archive.pst You can connect to it by File-> Open-> Outlook Data File... -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tips of the month: -Setting Permissions on a Mailbox -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "@"...

mail delete error
I have outlook 2000 on several machines but one of them does not delete read Emails ever thought it is set to do so? ...

How Get OE Newsreader via Outlook 2003?
I have Windows XP Home (SP1). Naturally, I also have Outlook Express 6, which I had previously used for a newsreader. I just installed Outlook 2003 over Outlook 2000. (It's an improvement but.) Previously, I used Outlook 2000 for mail. When I wanted a newsreader, in Outlook I clicked on (I think it was) View> Goto> News. In Outlook 2003, Help says you can add the News link to the Go menu by customizing it, Right click on toolbar> Customize>. But on the commands tab of the Customize box, on the commands list, I don't see News listed. So how do I link to the OE newsreader (t...

Quick Campaign
We are trying to reduce the amount of entering our employees have to do into CRM, and as a result want to use Quick Campaigns to monitor attendance etc at Events we hold. However, I've noticed you can only create one Campaign Response at a time, this can be quite tedious if you have to enter 50 campaign responses, especially since we use a general RSVP service (to receive phone calls and emails) to record responses so our employees don't have to. Responses will be added into CRM all at once. Is there any way to bulk create campaign responses?? Thanks Hi Anne, You can bulk i...

open an email via a database link
I am using Access/Outlook 2003. I want to be able to capture metadata about emails received in a resource account. I can do this via a linked table in Access to the Inbox from Outlook. When the users are looking to see (via the Access database) what emails have come in and need to be responded to, I want them to be able to click on a link in the Access form that will show the information about the email, and have the specific Outlook email open. Is this possible? Thanks. ...

MSN Bill Pay vs. electronic payments made via my bank?
I recently re-built my Money file and just received the following prompt upon starting Money 2004: Use MSN Bill Pay with Microsoft Money Paying your bills online with MSN Bill Pay saves you time and gives you more control over your bills. MSN Bill Pay and Microsoft Money work together, so you can manage your bill payments all in one place. Would you like to take a short tour to learn more? o No, I'm not interested. o Maybe. Remind me later. o Yes! I want to take the tour. I currently pay my bills electronically in Money via my bank. How does MSN Bill Pay compare? Thanks! The big...

automate copying of mails in outlook
hi, how can i automate copying of mails in outlook public folders to C drive? thanks See http://www.slipstick.com/addins/housekeeping.htm for tools that may be able to help. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Lynn" <MarryLynn@yah00.c0m> wrote in message news:%2394KYEFBFHA.1264@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > hi, > how can i automate copying of mails in outlook public folders to C drive? > thanks > > is there ...

Campaign Activity
We have created multiple campaigns with a single campaign activity - channel = email. Our SMTP server is Exchange. We are on v3c, Outlook 2003 SP2. Our marketing lists range anywhere from 1,000 - 5,000 email addresses. We have attempted to clean all bad addresses so as not to hang the system up (quick campaigns abort when it meets a bad address). When we hit the Distribute Campaign button it builds anywhere from 20% - 80% of the email volume, then the system aborts. I have no idea why. ANY help would be appreciated. Melissa ...