Calling a global function from another entity

I hope someone can teel me what I'm doing wrong.

I have code in the SalesOrderDetail entity. My Co-worker wrote some Tax &
Freight calculation code in the SalesOrder entity. He put this code into a
Function declared in the OnLoad event thusly:

recalc = function()
{
    // His Code
}

Now, I'm trying to call this function in my code on the Child
SalesOrderDetail record using "window.opener" thusly:

window.opener.crmForm.recalc();

But I'm getting errors when doing so. Am I missing something? Can I call a
function from another entity in this manner??

Any help is greatly appreciated.

--
MD

0
MD1 (196)
4/5/2008 3:02:01 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

If Info In Cell Then Formula In Another
Hello, I am trying to get a cell with date information in it to enable a formula of some other cells to happen, in other words when a date is not entered that particular cell is empty therefore the corresponding formula cells are not enabled. Here is a function that works but only when the referanced cell has either "Pending/Issued/Declined" =IF(E4="Issued",F4*H4,IF(E4="Declined",F4*0,IF(E4="Pending",0))). I would like this function to result correctly with a date entry in the referanced cell rather then wording. How can I do this? -- Thank y...

Call in?
Do new owners of Office X have to call up Microsoft to register their copy? If yes, what's the number? thanks. Ming <asdf@asdf.com> wrote: > Do new owners of Office X have to call up Microsoft to register their > copy? If yes, what's the number? thanks. Nope. We're not using Windoze :->>> This version does not require activation. Corentin -- - Mac:MS MVP (Francophone) - (MS) MVP: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?ln=FR&scid=fh;FR;mvp Newsgroups produits MS: http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/?ln=FR ...

Covered Call Options
Hello all, I do I go about dealing with a covered call transaction in Microsoft Money 2007 Premium? Currently what I am doing is inputing the option symbol, and choosing the transaction "Sell to Open" then when I go to expire the option I try to do a Sell to Close. However it does not seem to work? Also what happens if instead of expired I has the position assigned? how would I account for that? Thank you. Shhhh In microsoft.public.money, Shhhh wrote: > >I do I go about dealing with a covered call transaction in Microsoft >Money 2007 Premium? Currently what I am doing is...

Hyperlink one Visio diagram to another Visio diagram (in Visio 200
I would like to hyperlink to many other Visio diagram within one diagram to show a high level overview of processes. If someone wanted a more detailed view of a particular process they could click on the Visio Diagram. I know how to hyperlink to other file. My questions is there a way to get a thumb nail graphic of a Visio diagram so I can use it as a inserted graphic of the different Visio digrams? On Sun, 8 Feb 2009 18:16:01 -0800, JPK <JPK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I would like to hyperlink to many other Visio diagram within one diagram to >show a high level...

Call center tracking and reporting
Anyone use CRM 4.0 for call tracking? Our Sales/Marketing is set up. Now I need to decide how to most efficiently customize CRM 4.0 for our company's call tracking portion. Can someone send me a link to information? thanks ...

Creating global function and events in ActgiveX Control in VC++
I am trying create global function and events in the ActiveX Control in vc++. but I am not able create. Whenever i create it's been created in interface and called properly in .net application. It raises an error saying catestrophic failure. So please help me in this. Any help will be appreciated. It should. A global function is incompatible with how ActiveX works, so it makes no sense. The only methods you can access in an ActiveX control are those which you can get to by an interface, and you can't have a global function in an interface. Presumably you can have static methods ...

telephone calls
when placing a telephone call using outlook, everything works fine except I can't hear the person i am talking to. They can hear me find. When I use a telephone program not associated with outlook every thing works great. can someone help ...

MAXA worksheet function
The functions MAXA and MINA appeared when I upgraded to Excel 2003. When I use them in a worksheet & try to save the result, I receive a message saying that these functions cannot be converted to the file format that I am using. The file format that I am using gives Excel 97, 2003, NT, 5.0 and 95. What am I doing wrong? Thanks! IIRC, MINA and MAXA appeared in XL97, so saving to XL5/95 compatible format won't work. Is there any reason you need to save in that format? It makes your workbook twice the size of saving it as an XL workbook (e.g., 97/03 format) since it saves both for...

Date Function #2
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0022_01C6152B.8E758000 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Is there an easy way to compute the number of days in a certain month = between a starting and ending date? For example, how should I compute = the total number of days in March between two given dates? ------=_NextPart_000_0022_01C6152B.8E758000 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Trans...

Calling Macro
Hi All, I have macro like this sub unique() '''''''' '''''''' Counter_item = 0 For Each Item In nodups counter_item = counter_item + 1 bic_var = Item Call Ps_Match Next Item end sub I have another macro Sub Ps_Match() ''''' ''''' If counter_item <= 1 Then call another_macro() end if end sub In the first macro i am declaring counter_item equals to 1. In my second macro i need to call that number. At the to of the module put: Public Counter_I...

Excel Calculator always requires an = before a math function, can be turned off setting?
I often use excel as a fancy calculator. But often I forget to start the calculator with the = sign. So if I want to add 44 + 66, I forget to type in an = sign first, an it gives me an error message. Is there a setting to turn that off, so I can type in 44 + 66 and it gives me an answer. I always have Excel running and it's also my calculator. I never use use a calculator anymore! The answer to your question is no. The equal sign tells Excel that you're entering a formula that needs to be calculated. You can use a plus sign (+) instead of the equal sign (=) if you alwa...

Plotting functions
I am brand new to using the charting feature of Exel and am having trouble with what should be a simple operation. I want to create a graph of y=f(x) -- say for simplicity's sake f(x) = x^2. I have in column A, for x, the numbers -10 through +10 and in column B =A^2. Column B shows the correct values but have not been able to create the pretty graph I know so well. Would someone give me a bit of help here? Thank you very much. Where do you get stuck? Select the data range, click the Chart Wizard. In step 1 select the XY Scatter chart. That should give you what you want. ...

Disabling automatic send function
I used to be able to have messages in my Outbox sit there till I hit send/receive by checking "disable send/receive" on the tools menu. For some reason, disabling send/receive now only disables the automatic receive function. My emails in my Outbox are sent automatically, as soon as they hit the outbox. I send monthly emails to my contacts thru the mail merge program in Word. I then go to my Outbox to attach a document to them. It used to be that if I disabled the automatic send/receive function in the tools menu, the messages in my outbox would sit there so I could add ...

Looking up data from another sheet
Sorry if this has an easy answer, but I've been wracking my brain trying to figure out how to do this and have thusfar come up empty. I've got a workbook that on the first sheet takes ID number data in from a card reader, formats it, and time-stamps it (it's to keep track of the users of a supply area). On the second sheet (same book), I've got a listing of ID numbers, names, and departments for all the users of this room (there are over 1000). What I'm trying to do is have a cell on the first sheet look up the name associated with an ID number and put that information ...

Workflow -Assembly Call
How does add subtract in the Workflow>> assembly call works. I do understand that ypu can write your own custom workflows, register it and then call them from here, but I am pretty confused with the existing functionality. workflows can call other workflows workflows can also call a method in a .net assembly. ie you could write a piece of code in c# or vb.net and then have the workflow call your code. ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm "SAM" <SAM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DE...

Async calls to WebService in MFC
Hey guys, I use a webservice over the net which is scripted in VB.Net. This web service receives a username and a password and returns a string structure with multiples infos. If the string is empty, I had the wrong username and/or password. Pretty simple isn't? Ok now the problem is a bit more complex. I'm using an MFC client to connect to these web services, and since they're on the internet, there's a delay between sending the data and receiving an answer. I don't know really how I can tell me client to "wait for the string". The wrapper MFC created for the w...

Settings.ini is being used by another process. Close the other programs and then click, Retry, or Click to Cancel sidebar.
when im logon to my pc(OS is windows vista business 64- bit) im getting "Settings.ini is being used by another process. Close the other programs and then click, Retry, or Click to Cancel sidebar." and im not able to open any application and i cannt install or unnstall any program and im nt getting sidebar.so please get me some thing about this.how do i get rid of this. with regards, phanileo -- phanileo ------------------------------------------------------------------------ phanileo's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/158592.htm View this thread: htt...

report writer user defined functions
Hi, I need some information from some of the report writer functions. I've installed the SDK and I've reviewed the "RW Functions GLobal Scripts" document but the functions I'm looking for aren't in there. I looked through the CoreParams_1000.txt and was able to find the functions listed there, but that still doesn't tell me much. I need to see what these functions are actually doing and how they are doing it. Is there some way to open these functions and review the code. Is there a special software I need to do this? I have Visual Studio 2005 and 200...

Reset Picture Function
I have Publisher 2000 installed at home and Publisher 2003 installed at work. 2003 includes the 'reset picture' function which is great for reducing file size while keeping the pictures at an acceptable quality for printing. I cannot find this function in 2000. Is there an alternative method to achieve the same thing in 2000? Steve Spurgin <Steve Spurgin@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I have Publisher 2000 installed at home and Publisher 2003 installed > at work. 2003 includes the 'reset picture' function which is great > for ...

Global Address lookup
We have recently upgraded our Exchange Server and some users are now complaining that when they use the 4 letter email alias and tab out of the field it is not looking it up in the global address book and populating with the name and this feature worked prior to the upgrade. Does anyone know how to resolve this issue? Anyhelp would be greatly appreciated. "Ohio5" <Ohio5@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We have recently upgraded our Exchange Server and some >users are now complaining that when they use the 4 letter >email alias and tab out of the field it i...

Invalid procedure call or argument?
Hello All This is a re-post of a problem I posted a while ago, but to which I got no suggestions: hopefully I'll be more lucky this time!? I have the following code in a Private Sub: If InStr([ResponseXML], "element") > 0 Then errorfield = "Invalid " & Mid([ResponseXML], InStr([ResponseXML], "element"), InStr(InStr(InStr([ResponseXML], "element"), [ResponseXML], "'") + 1, [ResponseXML], "'") - InStr([ResponseXML], "element") + 1) Else .... Most of the time this works fine, but for some...

Where to call SetWindowPos
In my SDI, can I place the following in CMainFrame::OnCreate( )? Or is there a better place? // ensure window opens on top when called by other applications, esp. the installer SetWindowPos(&wndTopMost, 0, 0, 0, 0, SWP_NOMOVE | SWP_NOSIZE); Note that wndTopMost really means it is always on top and can never have another app come on top of it. So wndTopMost is often a poor choice. SetWindowPos would not be the best choice here; SetForegroundWindow would be better. joe On Sat, 11 Aug 2007 17:04:00 -0400, "SteveR" <srussell@removethisinnernet.net> wrote: >...

Unable to get DxgkDdiRecommendFunctionalVidPn call in windows 7
I am trying to add an initial vidpn topology by implementing the DxgkDdiRecommendFunctionalVidPn call in the WDDM miniport driver. But starting from windows 7 i am unable to get the DxgkDdiRecommendFunctionalVidPn function call from dxgkrnl.After searching through the MSDN documentation i found out that the function is deprecated starting from windows 7. msdn link: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee220395.aspx According to msdn "On a computer running Windows 7, the display mode manager (DMM) determines an appropriate VidPN topology to apply using VidPN history d...

Trial Project Server 2007 Functionality
Hi, I want to install a trial version of Project Server 2007. I can't find anywhere saying what functionality appears with the trial version. Do I get full functionality after installation or is it limited in any way. If it is limited, I would like to know what I get in order to make a full and proper evaluation. Thanks for your help. Fahim Microsoft trial software is full-featured. In order to evaluate all of the capability of Project Server, you'll need to use companion technologies like SQL Server 2005 or 2008, Windows Server, and Project Professional -- ...

Call out to detect attaching files
Hi All, Is there a method to write a callout to detect file uploads. i knoe that when i file is uploading it's going to annotation entity. i have written preupdate and postupdate methods to track this. but when i add a file the event doesn't get fired and doesn't indicate the changes. later if i do a change to the note then i'm able to see the changes. can anyone tell me the reason... Thanks, Charith On Aug 7, 2:34 am, Charith <Char...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi All, > > Is there a method to write a callout to detect file uploads. i knoe tha...