call workflow

How to make a call from workflow in c # or javascript.

0
Rick9396 (383)
12/20/2007 1:13:01 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

The workflow engine in CRM will only call .net assemblies, so you would have
to write one in C#, using the .net 1.1 framework.

You can download the CRM SDK, which includes sample code in C# and VB.Net to
call assemblies from workflow.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=9C178B68-3A06-4898-BC83-BD14B74308C5&displaylang=en

--
Richard Riddle
CRM Developer

"Rick" wrote:

> How to make a call from workflow in c # or javascript.

Call in?
Do new owners of Office X have to call up Microsoft to register their copy? If yes, what's the number? thanks. Ming <asdf@asdf.com> wrote: > Do new owners of Office X have to call up Microsoft to register their > copy? If yes, what's the number? thanks. Nope. We're not using Windoze :->>> This version does not require activation. Corentin -- - Mac:MS MVP (Francophone) - (MS) MVP: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?ln=FR&scid=fh;FR;mvp Newsgroups produits MS: http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/?ln=FR ...

Covered Call Options
Hello all, I do I go about dealing with a covered call transaction in Microsoft Money 2007 Premium? Currently what I am doing is inputing the option symbol, and choosing the transaction "Sell to Open" then when I go to expire the option I try to do a Sell to Close. However it does not seem to work? Also what happens if instead of expired I has the position assigned? how would I account for that? Thank you. Shhhh In microsoft.public.money, Shhhh wrote: > >I do I go about dealing with a covered call transaction in Microsoft >Money 2007 Premium? Currently what I am doing is...

Forecaster should allow group approvals in Workflow
In Workflow, you can only approve / reject one cost center at a time - this is a very tedious task when you have multiple cost centers to approve. For the system administrator, this is especially tedious. I would like to see the ability to do this for multiple cost centers. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader ...

Call center tracking and reporting
Anyone use CRM 4.0 for call tracking? Our Sales/Marketing is set up. Now I need to decide how to most efficiently customize CRM 4.0 for our company's call tracking portion. Can someone send me a link to information? thanks ...

Workflow limitations
Hello, Here is a little question regarding Workflows: When we choose the condition "Check Object Condition", not all the fields are displayed, and it can be very annoying. An example: I want to create a workflow that initializes the 'Territory' field of an account depending on the Owning User of a record. So in my Check Object Condition, I would like to test the field 'territoryId' (for the territory) or the field 'ParentSystemUserId' (for the user's manager). But I'm forced to work with the name of the owning user: If OwningUser.Name = "x...

telephone calls
when placing a telephone call using outlook, everything works fine except I can't hear the person i am talking to. They can hear me find. When I use a telephone program not associated with outlook every thing works great. can someone help ...

Calling Macro
Hi All, I have macro like this sub unique() '''''''' '''''''' Counter_item = 0 For Each Item In nodups counter_item = counter_item + 1 bic_var = Item Call Ps_Match Next Item end sub I have another macro Sub Ps_Match() ''''' ''''' If counter_item <= 1 Then call another_macro() end if end sub In the first macro i am declaring counter_item equals to 1. In my second macro i need to call that number. At the to of the module put: Public Counter_I...

Workflow -Assembly Call
How does add subtract in the Workflow>> assembly call works. I do understand that ypu can write your own custom workflows, register it and then call them from here, but I am pretty confused with the existing functionality. workflows can call other workflows workflows can also call a method in a .net assembly. ie you could write a piece of code in c# or vb.net and then have the workflow call your code. ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm "SAM" <SAM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DE...

Async calls to WebService in MFC
Hey guys, I use a webservice over the net which is scripted in VB.Net. This web service receives a username and a password and returns a string structure with multiples infos. If the string is empty, I had the wrong username and/or password. Pretty simple isn't? Ok now the problem is a bit more complex. I'm using an MFC client to connect to these web services, and since they're on the internet, there's a delay between sending the data and receiving an answer. I don't know really how I can tell me client to "wait for the string". The wrapper MFC created for the w...

Invalid procedure call or argument?
Hello All This is a re-post of a problem I posted a while ago, but to which I got no suggestions: hopefully I'll be more lucky this time!? I have the following code in a Private Sub: If InStr([ResponseXML], "element") > 0 Then errorfield = "Invalid " & Mid([ResponseXML], InStr([ResponseXML], "element"), InStr(InStr(InStr([ResponseXML], "element"), [ResponseXML], "'") + 1, [ResponseXML], "'") - InStr([ResponseXML], "element") + 1) Else .... Most of the time this works fine, but for some...

Workflow, using a timer?
hi, i'm confused about how the timer works when creating a workflow. Lets say i want a workflow that checks that after a lead is being made, and no changes have been made in the lead for the next ten minutes, a task will be sent to someone that he should qualify the lead. This is what i do: Type entity: Lead Create When a lead is created if lead.changed on is null (rough translation i'm using Dutch CRM) then wait for 10 minutes (option 1; from now on) end if Task:please upgrade leads When a lead is being created the task instantly appears, but i want it to appear only w...

Where to call SetWindowPos
In my SDI, can I place the following in CMainFrame::OnCreate( )? Or is there a better place? // ensure window opens on top when called by other applications, esp. the installer SetWindowPos(&wndTopMost, 0, 0, 0, 0, SWP_NOMOVE | SWP_NOSIZE); Note that wndTopMost really means it is always on top and can never have another app come on top of it. So wndTopMost is often a poor choice. SetWindowPos would not be the best choice here; SetForegroundWindow would be better. joe On Sat, 11 Aug 2007 17:04:00 -0400, "SteveR" <srussell@removethisinnernet.net> wrote: >...

Unable to get DxgkDdiRecommendFunctionalVidPn call in windows 7
I am trying to add an initial vidpn topology by implementing the DxgkDdiRecommendFunctionalVidPn call in the WDDM miniport driver. But starting from windows 7 i am unable to get the DxgkDdiRecommendFunctionalVidPn function call from dxgkrnl.After searching through the MSDN documentation i found out that the function is deprecated starting from windows 7. msdn link: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee220395.aspx According to msdn "On a computer running Windows 7, the display mode manager (DMM) determines an appropriate VidPN topology to apply using VidPN history d...

Call out to detect attaching files
Hi All, Is there a method to write a callout to detect file uploads. i knoe that when i file is uploading it's going to annotation entity. i have written preupdate and postupdate methods to track this. but when i add a file the event doesn't get fired and doesn't indicate the changes. later if i do a change to the note then i'm able to see the changes. can anyone tell me the reason... Thanks, Charith On Aug 7, 2:34 am, Charith <Char...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi All, > > Is there a method to write a callout to detect file uploads. i knoe tha...

World Wide Calling! Unlimited Incoming Calls.
New virtual access anywhere technology lets you call anyone, anywhere in the world, from any phone! Access: http://pt.telextreme.com/743499 ...

Add contact to a marketing list via workflow
We are importing contacts using the Import Data Wizard. As part of that import we are setting bit fields for marketing lists that a user has subscribed to. So once the records are imported we have several yes/no fields that are marked accordingly indicating if a user would like to be part of that mailing. What I would like to do is then use a workflow that looks for all contacts that have one of these fields = yes and then add them all as members to the cooresponding marketing list. Can anybody point me in the right direction on how to do this? Thanks Hello In my opinion, the ea...

How do I do something called "track and change" in Publisher?
How do I do something called "track and change" in Publisher? thepantheistsboots wrote: > How do I do something called "track and change" in Publisher? You don't, there is no such feature. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org ...

OnKeyDown not called for VK_DOWN or VK_RIGHT but is called for others.
In my Dialog App on Win98 VC6 MFC, my OnKey is not called for VK_DOWN or VK_RIGHT but is called for others including VK_UP and VK_LEFT. Here is a portion of the Spy++ Log (I inserted blank lines to separate the key events). What could be causing this strange behavior? TIA Harvey ----- Spy Log: <00034> 0000030C P WM_KEYDOWN nVirtKey:'C' cRepeat:1 ScanCode:2E fExtended:0 fAltDown:0 fRepeat:0 fUp:0 <00035> 0000030C S WM_GETDLGCODE <00036> 0000030C R WM_GETDLGCODE fuDlgCode:0000 <00037> 0000030C P WM_CHAR chCharCode:'c' (99) cRepeat:1 ScanCode:2E fExtended:...

Unable to access workflow service
Hi there I have installed the Dynamics v10 Worflow, and it appears to have installed successfuly. However when I try activate it within Dynamics v10 (Setup, system, Workflow setup), a message appears stating that it cannot access the wrokflow service. I have checked on the Administration webpage of the workflow and I cannto select a company. The company drop down menu is empty. what coudl be causing this problem? Regards Robin Hi Robin, You need to install GP Web services and web apllication along with SSP. Please refer workflowinstallation.pdf for successful installation. Regard...

Call to a project from a MFC
Hello all, On the one hand I developped a MFC application (compile and execution ok). On the other hand I developped C++/C/Fortran routines (compile and execution ok). Now I would like to call, from the MFC application (e.g. on a click event), the routines. At first, I had problem with the precompiled header, and I solved it by entering "Project Settings, and not /Yu"stdafx.h" " for all non-MFC files. Now I got the following error : dfor.lib (DFORMAIN.OBJ) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _MAIN__. I had a look at the FAQ and especially at (http://www.m...

LAST CALL to LUKE M
May I, please, have your E-Mai address ? I asked for it right beyond one of your replies, somewhere in this, or previous, page - but got nothing in return. If you don't want me to have it - just let me know - hereunder. Thanks, Micky micky-a<at>tapuz.co.il ...

call flow
I'm looking for help with illustrating call flow through a large call center. Does anyone have a template I can use or any other help? call center flow tends to be pretty industry/function specific, and everyone wants to sell you their expertise in how it might be done.... try here for a university case study http://www.mark.umd.edu/~clay/OITACD_files/OITACD.htm al "Herbert" <hnmaddox@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:41FCDFF3-BA6C-4553-AC57-5847F38B9A1E@microsoft.com... > I'm looking for help with illustrating call flow through a large call > center. &...

My app calling API NetMessageBufferSend doesn't work recently!
Hi, I have an API call problem in VC6 to ask you for help. I wrote a LAN application to send pop up message between PCs in LAN as command "net send" does. I called Platform SDK API NetMessageBufferSend in my VC program: ....... success = NetMessageBufferSend( NULL, //pszServerName, wszMsgTo, wszMsgFrom, (LPBYTE)wszMsg, dwLen*2); ....... The wszMsgTo parameter is an unicode string for string such as "192.168.0.x". In fact, it worked fine some days ago while it fails to send message now. The return value "success" is 2273 NERR_NameNotFound. To my s...

Workflow facility
i would like to know from MBS if there is a workflow facility for processes like PO approval in Purchasing or Sales Order approval for SOP.. and so on. ...

Cannot enter est. revenue + Workflow woes
Two issues (amongst countless others) I have with CRM are: - It doesn't appear to be possible to enter the estimated value of an opportunity, even if I specifically update the form to be 'user provided'. The text box remains greyed out. I have checked whether the value is read-only on the form (which it isn't) and one cannot edit the attribute as it is a system attribute. Furthermore, the opportunity always remains at an estimated value of 0 despite creating associated quotes. - I have created a workflow whereby follow up phone calls are created when users pick from a...