Call out to detect attaching files

Hi All,

Is there a method to write a callout to detect file uploads. i knoe that
when i file is uploading it's going to annotation entity. i have written
preupdate and postupdate methods to track this. but when i add a file the
event doesn't get fired and doesn't indicate the changes. later if i do a
change to the note then i'm able to see the changes.

can anyone tell me the reason...

Thanks,
Charith
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

On Aug 7, 2:34 am, Charith <Char...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Is there a method to write a callout to detect file uploads. i knoe that
> when i file is uploading it's going to annotation entity. i have written
> preupdate and postupdate methods to track this. but when i add a file the
> event doesn't get fired and doesn't indicate the changes. later if i do a
> change to the note then i'm able to see the changes.
>
> can anyone tell me the reason...
>
> Thanks,
> Charith

I think that you need a pre or postcreate event for the annotation.
Your callout, if using preupdate and postupdate, will only fire
against annotations that have previously been saved.

Scott
www.easiintl.com

0
Scott

opening PST files
could anyone help me with some piece of code which opens *.pst file stored somewhere on a disk? i need to get to the messages stored in this file my task is actually to do it in java but if no one has a java code (for example using JACOB or microsoft sdk) VB will be fine as well :-) Thank in advance "Qoooba" <qoooba@poczta.onet.pl> wrote in message news:bpdss6$s7p$1@news.onet.pl... > could anyone help me with some piece of code > which opens *.pst file stored somewhere on a disk? > i need to get to the messages stored in this file > > my task is actually to ...

Compacting PST Files
I am running microsoft outlook 2002 and trying to compact my pst files. I have followed the instructions provided in MKB 289987 but have not been successful. Can you advise as to why the compression option is not working? As stated in the MSKB article you mentioned, the file must have at least 16K of free space before it will compact. It's possible your .PST file does not meet that criteria. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:0b5101c3c57b$...

When opening a Publisher 2002 file, some pictures are gone?
When opening files previously created in publisher, some of the pictures are missing and in their place is a box (which publisher considers an object). The object has the border from the picture but the pix itself is gone. This has been happening for some time. Size of the file nor the size of the pix seems to matter. It's a huge hassle when a number of photos are gone. Any ideas? Thanks. View, pictures, detailed display... If this isn't the answer, slide the acceleration down on your adapter, control panel, display folder, settings tab, advanced button, troubleshoot tab. If thi...

Delivery Reports contain Attachments
Recently upgraded from 5.5 to 2000 sp3. Noticed that all delivery reports contain original email and its attachement(s) , this is causing us great issue s, as we only have 64k link between sites. Any way of stopping the attachments being embedded in the DR. regards On Fri, 5 Aug 2005 07:15:05 -0700, Craig Riddle <Craig Riddle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Recently upgraded from 5.5 to 2000 sp3. > >Noticed that all delivery reports contain original email and its >attachement(s) , this is causing us great issue s, as we only have 64k link >between sites. > &...

Attachment icon
hi all, I have received a mail that has a attachment icon but no attachment. I think it is no attachment in this mail but why it show the attachment icon. what happens are there thx ...

receiving an htm file
Why is it that when someone sends me an embedded link in an email that uses an htm file, when I receive the email, the link does not work, in fact it doesn't even show up as a link, instead it comes thru as just black text. The sender is using Lotus Notes, and I am receiving the email in Outlook 2000. ...

how to remove sound from PowerPoint file?
Hello. I tried to remove music from slide using : Slide Show > Slide Transition and select [No Sound] but music still is playing. What to do? Hi, the sound may be an animation as well so check your custom animations on that page. Good luck -- Best regards Malin D Office consultant/Trainer "giorgi" wrote: > Hello. > I tried to remove music from slide using : Slide Show > Slide Transition > and select [No Sound] but music still is playing. What to do? ...

in Outlook Express it continues to break up my attachments...
in Outlook Express it continues to break up my attachments that I send. Do you know how to fix this? thanks, dave I may be wrong on this one Dave, but the only way that I know around it is to send *attachments* as a WinZip or Win Rar archive. Should you mean that OE (and this is an Outlook group) breaks up large *messages* then this should not be a problem for the recipent. Assuming they too are using OE, they should just select all of the received parts, RIGHT click on them, and select Combine and Decode. Voila! John C ...

Phone calls from my modem
I've asked this question before but have lost the answer. On my last phone bill, i was charged for two calls to Chile which I queried with BT. They tell me that the number is a data line which has been accessed from my modem using international dialling which terminates the call to my ISP and connects via the international number. How do i protect against this happening again? Many thanks ...

Some e-mail recipients report "winmail.dat" instead of attachments
Hello, our customer of CRM 4.0 reports different behavior with following 2 scenarios of sending an e-mail: Scenario A: An e-mail is created and sent from Outlook. Then it is tracked in CRM from the "Sent" folder clicking on the "Track in CRM" button. Scenario B: An e-mail is created in Outlook, tracked in CRM clicking the "Track in CRM" button in the Outlook e-mail form and THEN sent to the recipient. Both scenarios give different results on recipient's side with non-Microsoft e-mail client. In scenario A the recipient could see the attachments correc...

Integrate Ericsson Call Center Client into Microsoft CRM 3.0
Hi! the call center client application have API in COM Object (build in C++), all the call features and fucntion can call from the API, i have no idea's on how to integrate this com object into the CRM Client so that when have an incoming service call, the CRM client will pop up the call case window and the user also able to answer or hang up the call from the CRM client interface. i have study the CRM SDK but still can find the solution. Appriciate can give me some clues to start. Thanks! ...

Opening 2002 file
I was having trouble opening a Publisher 2002 file in my Publisher 2000 and went ahead an tried to have the file saved as a 2000 file. The other computer, however, wouldnt allow the file to be saved as a 2000. Is there a possible error that could be fixed to allow Publisher to change the format of the file? After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Rob <rob2k04@aol.com>... > I was having trouble opening a Publisher 2002 file in my > Publisher 2000 and went ahead an tried to have the file > saved as a 2000 file. The other computer, however...

Need code to detect grouped sheets
Hi, I'm writing a For Next procedure that would loop through a collection of password protected worksheets, uprotect each and do something. However, the code would fail if some worksheets are grouped. Please can someone provide me with the code needed to detect the existence of grouped worksheets and then ungroup them. I have failed to find anything that seems to work from the online help such as hasarray etc. Thanks Andy, Try something like If ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.Count > 1 Then MsgBox "Grouped Sheets" Else MsgBox "No grouped sheets" End ...

static object destructor not getting called
hi I have a static object in a file. For some reasons its destructor is not getting called, this object is supposed to free up the memory, and because of the destructor not getting called , visual studio reports all of them as memory leaks. I am using VS 2005. Any suggestions? Regards Chimanrao On 20 May 2007 21:12:50 -0700, Chimanrao <chimanrao@gmail.com> wrote: >I have a static object in a file. >For some reasons its destructor is not getting called, It seems strange. Static objects are deleted (so the destructor is called) when global variables are deallocated, so when t...

blocked attachments #10
can anyone out there advise me on how to stop attachments from been blocked from coming in and going out. the message i get is "oe removed access to the following file" any advise on this matter will be good. thanks Len <dreamstalker911@hotmail.com> wrote: > can anyone out there advise me on how to stop attachments > from been blocked from coming in and going out. the > message i get is "oe removed access to the following file" > any advise on this matter will be good. thanks Ask in an Outloko Express newsgroup. (Hint: Tools>Options>Security) -...

Who could tell me about LPC(Local Procedure Call) and provide some examples?
Hello all: Who could give me some documents about LPC(Local Procedure Call) and provide some examples?There are examples on server and client.Thanks very muvh. ...

Coverting a publisher file to JPEG
I need some help. In the past, several times, I have converted a publisher document in to a JPEG file. Now for some reason, I can not remember how I did it. Does anyone have any suggestions??? If you are working with 2002 - select all images on the page (CTRL A) and Right-Click on it and choose "Save Picture As" ... it will defaul to a gif but you can select jpg from the drop-down list. L-J >-----Original Message----- >I need some help. In the past, several times, I have >converted a publisher document in to a JPEG file. Now for >some reason, I can not ...

How to attache a case to a service activity
Hello, I have noticed service activity definition thta a relation is prepared with case. Buit I can't see how to relate them ? Any help welcome CS Found, it is the service thta we attach to the incident, normal. CS "WT" <WT@newsgroups.nospam> a �crit dans le message de news: eRDE7UB%23GHA.1220@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > I have noticed service activity definition thta a relation is prepared > with case. > Buit I can't see how to relate them ? > > Any help welcome > CS > ...

Phone Call
Is there are way to change the Call Initiator on a batch of phone call activities? When Leads are reassigned the activities are reassigned but the Call Initiator field remains set to value of the phone call creator. ...

how do i move outlook files
i have outlook 2002 on my notebook, i am setting up a new desktop with outlook 2003. can my emails, addresses, accounts setup, and calendars be transferred to my new computer? how? tia There's a page here discussing that: http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/backupandrestore.htm <sstovall3@aol.com> wrote in message news:a0cqk15vofj0a9d9n92r0at0f58v72p2r8@4ax.com... >i have outlook 2002 on my notebook, i am setting up a new desktop with > outlook 2003. can my emails, addresses, accounts setup, and calendars > be transferred to my new computer? how? Thanks Vince, I lo...

opening word attachments on an intel mac
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel as a retiree, my condo meeting minutes are sent via e mail on office word. i can open the attachment but an office 2004 30 day test drive message pops up. i only want to be able to open attachments and not want to use word for any other purpose. what can i do without buying word to simply open, read and delete attachments sent using word? You can try opening them in TextEdit (located in the Applications folder). Just drag a Word document onto the TextEdit icon to open it there. If you want documents to open in TextEdit automatically...

Telephone number for Telefonica Windows Live Call
Hi. Having trouble adding minutes to my account. Anyone have a phone number or e-mail for either Telefonica or Windows Live Call that I can contact for help? Thanks! Greetings, Supposedly, if you head over to: http://support.live.us.telefonica.com/?Country=US&Language=en Choose Payment and Balance Problems on the side, and then choose one of the "problems" listed, then choose " If you are still having trouble after the above steps, please Click Here ", you'll reach a form to assist. -- Jonathan Kay Microsoft MVP - Windows Live Messenger MSN Mes...

converting .ics file to Publisher
I am trying to convert my internet calendar into a Publisher document. How can I make that conversion? Copy/paste? Print screen and insert as an image? Any particular reason why you cannot use Publisher's calendars? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "RevJon" <RevJon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:466AFEDD-B315-4DEE-A05B-29D3C8D345D8@microsoft.com... >I am trying to convert my internet calendar into a Publisher document. How > can I make that conversion? I tried the c...

Covered calls etc.
Have they taught Money to handle downloads from your broker of items like covered calls and bull-put spreads etc. etc.? In microsoft.public.money, az-willie wrote: >Have they taught Money to handle downloads from your broker of items >like covered calls and bull-put spreads etc. etc.? No. Cal Learner-- MVP wrote: >In microsoft.public.money, az-willie wrote: > > > >>Have they taught Money to handle downloads from your broker of items >>like covered calls and bull-put spreads etc. etc.? >> >> > >No. > > ======= Quicken 2004 d...

Large attachments in draft
In spite of the mailbox limit we set, an user was able to save a draft with a very large attachment. The user cannot send and receive email anymore but "the over the limit" attachment is still placed in the mailstore. Does anyone known how I can prevent these problems. Kind regards BvdB On Thu, 13 Apr 2006 10:45:01 -0700, BvdB <BvdB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >In spite of the mailbox limit we set, an user was able to save a draft with a >very large attachment. The user cannot send and receive email anymore but >"the over the limit" attachment i...