Call center tracking and reporting

Anyone use CRM 4.0 for call tracking? Our Sales/Marketing is set up. Now I
need to decide how to most efficiently customize CRM 4.0 for our company's
call tracking portion. Can someone send me a link to information?
thanks
0
dl (42)
2/3/2009 3:26:00 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Some e-mail recipients report "winmail.dat" instead of attachments
Hello, our customer of CRM 4.0 reports different behavior with following 2 scenarios of sending an e-mail: Scenario A: An e-mail is created and sent from Outlook. Then it is tracked in CRM from the "Sent" folder clicking on the "Track in CRM" button. Scenario B: An e-mail is created in Outlook, tracked in CRM clicking the "Track in CRM" button in the Outlook e-mail form and THEN sent to the recipient. Both scenarios give different results on recipient's side with non-Microsoft e-mail client. In scenario A the recipient could see the attachments correc...

Shrinking font in Report Text Box
I have strings of varying length that I need to display in the same text box, so I would like to be able to shrink the text if it would otherwise be truncated. I've read other, similar posts but still have a question. It seems that Lebans AutoSizeFont is the right module for me to download (http://www.lebans.com/autosizefont.htm), but having done that, I'm not sure how to "apply" it to the text box in question. I've got no experience using modules. Could someone walk me through it? Thanks, Keith Keith wrote: >I have strings of varying length that I need to...

Phone calls from my modem
I've asked this question before but have lost the answer. On my last phone bill, i was charged for two calls to Chile which I queried with BT. They tell me that the number is a data line which has been accessed from my modem using international dialling which terminates the call to my ISP and connects via the international number. How do i protect against this happening again? Many thanks ...

displaying parameter value on report
Hey all, I'm trying to add the parameter value in my report, in a textbox. I have tried is with: =Parameters!Parameter.Label , =Parameters!Parameter.Value and =Join.String(Parameter!parameter.Value,",") Both of them aren't working for me, I get a notification that mt header is moved. Can someone help me with this problem Have you just tried the expression builder. It will let you pick the parameter. Also, is this a multi-select parameter? =Join(Parameters!Container.Value, ", ") The above works, the parameter name was Container. I notice ...

Integrate Ericsson Call Center Client into Microsoft CRM 3.0
Hi! the call center client application have API in COM Object (build in C++), all the call features and fucntion can call from the API, i have no idea's on how to integrate this com object into the CRM Client so that when have an incoming service call, the CRM client will pop up the call case window and the user also able to answer or hang up the call from the CRM client interface. i have study the CRM SDK but still can find the solution. Appriciate can give me some clues to start. Thanks! ...

static object destructor not getting called
hi I have a static object in a file. For some reasons its destructor is not getting called, this object is supposed to free up the memory, and because of the destructor not getting called , visual studio reports all of them as memory leaks. I am using VS 2005. Any suggestions? Regards Chimanrao On 20 May 2007 21:12:50 -0700, Chimanrao <chimanrao@gmail.com> wrote: >I have a static object in a file. >For some reasons its destructor is not getting called, It seems strange. Static objects are deleted (so the destructor is called) when global variables are deallocated, so when t...

Who could tell me about LPC(Local Procedure Call) and provide some examples?
Hello all: Who could give me some documents about LPC(Local Procedure Call) and provide some examples?There are examples on server and client.Thanks very muvh. ...

Phone Call
Is there are way to change the Call Initiator on a batch of phone call activities? When Leads are reassigned the activities are reassigned but the Call Initiator field remains set to value of the phone call creator. ...

Call in?
Do new owners of Office X have to call up Microsoft to register their copy? If yes, what's the number? thanks. Ming <asdf@asdf.com> wrote: > Do new owners of Office X have to call up Microsoft to register their > copy? If yes, what's the number? thanks. Nope. We're not using Windoze :->>> This version does not require activation. Corentin -- - Mac:MS MVP (Francophone) - (MS) MVP: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?ln=FR&scid=fh;FR;mvp Newsgroups produits MS: http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/?ln=FR ...

Viewing Excel Reports as local user
Hi, I am trying to open up a Excel report that was generated from Dynamics GP10. It gives me the following error: Cannot generate SSPI contect' when trying to refresh. Please advise all steps I need to take to enable me to run this. When I say OK I keep getting a error message when exporting the report from GP 10 to Excel. A window opens prompting for a user name and password. sa works fine. When trying to use a normal user id getting this message Connection Failed SQLState 42000 SQL Server Error 18456 I have been using KB 949524 to troubleshoot other issues. This KB doesn'...

Tracking down location of a public folder
Is there a tool available that will allow me to find teh location of a public folder. When a seacrch for this I find it in sysmen manager but it doesn't point me to the location of it so that I can make some changes. Can you pleas ehelp. Regards Lyk -- IT Sytems Administrator What do you mean by the location of a public folder? The physical location of the edb/stm files? Nue "Lyk" <lyk@dunnhumby.com> wrote in message news:F188A425-F959-45B5-871C-9F223B452B18@microsoft.com... > Is there a tool available that will allow me to find teh location of a > public &g...

Microsoft Word Document inside Access 2000/2002/2003 report
I have an Access report made of 1000 pages. After each page I need to print a word document. The document gets decided at runtime even though it will always be the same document. How can I do it? I tried linking an OLE document but if anything changes inside the document changes are not reflected in the printing! Evan Camilleri ...

Telephone number for Telefonica Windows Live Call
Hi. Having trouble adding minutes to my account. Anyone have a phone number or e-mail for either Telefonica or Windows Live Call that I can contact for help? Thanks! Greetings, Supposedly, if you head over to: http://support.live.us.telefonica.com/?Country=US&Language=en Choose Payment and Balance Problems on the side, and then choose one of the "problems" listed, then choose " If you are still having trouble after the above steps, please Click Here ", you'll reach a form to assist. -- Jonathan Kay Microsoft MVP - Windows Live Messenger MSN Mes...

Covered calls etc.
Have they taught Money to handle downloads from your broker of items like covered calls and bull-put spreads etc. etc.? In microsoft.public.money, az-willie wrote: >Have they taught Money to handle downloads from your broker of items >like covered calls and bull-put spreads etc. etc.? No. Cal Learner-- MVP wrote: >In microsoft.public.money, az-willie wrote: > > > >>Have they taught Money to handle downloads from your broker of items >>like covered calls and bull-put spreads etc. etc.? >> >> > >No. > > ======= Quicken 2004 d...

Calling a webservice with parameter from contacts
Hi, I would like to call a webservice when i am in a contact form (I made an icon in the left bar to launch it) ; my problem is to get an information from the form to be verified in the webservice : how can i pass the parameters? (I am not yet a great developper in .net...) Thanks for your help this line of course in C# will get you the id of the object calling the code string id=Request.Params["oId"]; -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/Community/CRMFaqLanding.aspx "B. Guillout" <BGuillout@discussions.microsoft.com&...

Initiate Phone Calls from CRM
Anyone know of an add-on that will enable CRM clients (browsers or SFO ideally) to click on a phone number or link button to initiate a phone call via a modem in local user's computer? Several clients ask for this - esp. whe nthey are dealing with long (international) numbers. Thanks Roger On Fri, 19 Aug 2005 09:22:32 +0100, "Roger" <roger_id@hotmail.com> wrote: >Anyone know of an add-on that will enable CRM clients (browsers or SFO >ideally) to click on a phone number or link button to initiate a phone call >via a modem in local user's computer? &...

Ctrl+E to center
MS Word and PowerPoint has had the "Ctrl+E to center" function for years, and I am really hoping this will be extended to MS Excel soon. Today, typing the Ctrl+E in Excel produces no response at all, so I wonder why this feature hasn't been activated years ago. Indeed, Open Office Calc uses Ctrl+E to centre content in spreadsheet cells... Best regards, Thomas S. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message...

Report does not show
One of our users complained last night that the report was not showing the data she entered into the form. I went to verify and found that the "report" was in the middle instead of showing at the end like it usually did. Please help and I hope I am explaining this right. It is very frustrating for the users. You may need to clarify a bit. You wrote that "the 'report' was in the middle instead of the end..." Do you mean the data the user entered was in the middle of the report as opposed to the end of the report where it is normally? If that is the case, I woul...

Does anyone have a call log to track calls?
We need to create a call log that would include date received, caller's name, address, phone number, type of problem/complaint, department that handled, date completed. We would like to be able to analyze the types of calls received and how efficiently they are handled. ...

Best Prometric Center@ Delhi
Are you looking for the best Prometric exam center for your certification like Microsoft, Sun, IBM, and HP*? Then you are at the right place; Just come and take test whenever you are free..... We understand your difficulty while registering for your tests; you may not get the slots according to your convenience. So we have a solution for you: The best place to take Prometric (like Microsoft, Sun Microsystems, HP, IBM,, Citrix, ITIL, and many more) test is our center because: 1. Any Time Exam facility: Take your test from Monday to Sunday, Morning08:00am till Evening 08:00pm. 2. A ca...

A/P aging report as of a prior date
We are using GP ver 6.00g5. Is it possible to design a report that can print on October 20, an Accounts Payable aging as of say September 30? At present I can only print an aging report as the the current date. We keep our A/P open for 5 days after the month (say October) and post transactions for September with a posting date of September 30. We do ofcourse enter some invoices for October with a posting date of October and pay some vendors during these days. But at the end of the 5th work day, all I can do is to print an aging report for October 5. Is there any way to design a report t...

Windows XP Media Center
Media Center will no longer connect to Messinger. It use to connect and provide the CD cover and song tiltles for the cds that I downloaded. Does anyone know how I can correct. -- Gary Are you talking about Windows messenger error in Windows XP Media Center 2005? If then check it here:- http://mymce.wordpress.com/2008/08/20/windows-messenger-error-in-windows-media-center/ regards, S.Sengupta[MS-MVP] "yrag" <yrag@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3E90554C-5E22-41E8-A3AD-12C57C9131CC@microsoft.com... > Media Center will no longer c...

Tracking CRM 3.0 Campaign Responses
I am trying to create, distribute, and track all campaign responses from MS CRM 3.0. I have successfully accomplished the following steps 1. Create Marketing List 2. Create Marketing Campaign 3. Attach the marketing list to the marketing campaign 4. Create a new campaign activity. The activity that I have created is "E-mail via mail merge". 5. I have then distributed the email (via mail merge). 6. I have received a response from the campaign with a CRM tracking token from the campaign. 7. I have clicked the 'Track in CRM' button to promote the e-mail. In the regarding field,...

Passing value back to calling form (cntl) from popup
Hi all, I have a form that contains order info with subform (datasheet view) that contains order detail. In the itemname combo box of the subform the user can select the item name. The combo box rowsource is the itemsQ and the Control source is the ordersDtlQ (itemname) field. I have a field in itemsQ query called subcat which is a subcategory field . Here is what I am trying to do. When the user enters a new item in the table user can decide to make item a sub categoring of another record. The default subcat is the itemid if no subcat is assigned. Lets say the user selects "wrench"...

13 week item movement report
Is anyone aware of an add on that generates an item movement report over 13 weeks? This is fairly common in retail tracking systems to help show movement trends. -- We use Professional Advantage's RAMP (Retail Analytics and Merchandise Planning) which is an Add-on for RMS. You can customize the dates to be that of a fiscal year, down to month and week. We like what we have seen from them. Their site is: profad.com Jocelyn "posdude" wrote: > Is anyone aware of an add on that generates an item movement report over 13 > weeks? This is fairly common in retail tra...