Hello,
Kindly plz tell me how do i go about making some small calculations
based on my existing data such as how to compute taxes  and do other
calculations based on some quantitative data.

where exactly do i make modifications on my application???
Kindly help me out.

Thanks ,
swati

0
swati
12/30/2004 11:40:51 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

you can add code in javascript behind dropdowns or piclist fields. One
example might be a dropdown which has shipping options ie ups, fedex etc.
When you choose one it takes the weight of your package (whcih you enter)
then calculates a shipping cost.

search the archives of this group at groups.google.com and search on
javascript for lots of example scripts. Also search on picklist to get the
same

--
John O'Donnell
Microsoft CRM MVP

<swati@euroinfosys.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
> Kindly plz tell me how do i go about making some small calculations
> based on my existing data such as how to compute taxes  and do other
> calculations based on some quantitative data.
>
> where exactly do i make modifications on my application???
> Kindly help me out.
>
> Thanks ,
> swati

0
John

TAX
Our company is not using the tax schedule in the SOP but it was already setup. This year we decided to use it as a requirement by the government, but when i am using SOP and entering the Tax Schedule ID there was this error message "A TAX INCLUDED IN ITEM PRICE DETAIL'S INFORMATION MAY BE CHANGED ONLY AT THE LINE LEVEL", anything that i missed in the setting up of the Tax Scedule ID? Or any process that i would do before using it? the tax schedule you use is a tax inclusive one, it can't be entered for the whole invoice, i.e can't just add it the bottom of sop wind...

How to calculate age of a person?

Due Date Calculated

how to calculate outliers

Calculated field options???

tenure calculations

Time Sheet Function to Calculate

Is there a way to make the public folders the default folder?
In outlook if you right click on a contact and create a new appointment, it automatically goes into the involved users calendars. Is there a way to make this appointment go into the public calendar automatically? On Tue, 14 Feb 2006 10:16:18 -0800, Dan <Dan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >In outlook if you right click on a contact and create a new appointment, it >automatically goes into the involved users calendars. Is there a way to make >this appointment go into the public calendar automatically? Not that I know of, unless you modify the Outlook form; in which cas...

Making one field bold in a concatanated string
This issue is in MS Access 2003 I have a string with the last name and first name fields concatanated. I would like to bold the last name field only. Is there anyway to do this? The standard text box in Access 2003 and earlier cannot do that. Stephen Lebans has a solution here: http://www.lebans.com/mixbold-plain.htm -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "abnewallo" <abnewallo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:519C584...

Formula to calculate time

Insert calculated median field in pivottable
Anyone know how to get a median calculation in a pivot table? I've tried inserting a calculated field but it always sums the calculated field. Thanks, Joel Not supported in a pivot -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "Joel Schaefer" <joel@disintegrators.com> wrote in message news:ev4P0Nk6FHA.2616@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Anyone know how to get a median calculation in a pivot table? I've tried > inserting a calculated field but it always sums the calculated field. > > Thanks, > > Joel > ...

Javascript help, calculation whoes when calculating from a calculation....
I am having a strange issue with Javascript and I cannot see what the issue us? Essentially I need to be able to calculate two values, one is addition and the second is multiplication. I am getting some strange numbers. My code is at the bottom under the ------, here are the details. crmForm.all.estimatedvalue.DataValue = 10 crmForm.all.new_cfp_estrev_nextyr.DataValue = 10 crmForm.all.new_cfp_estrev_yrtwoplus.DataValue = 10 This should make totalestrev = 30, Then its getting weird, I am taking the following formula (10/100)*30 = 270? Here 10 is the value selected from the drop down value, I ...

calculator errors
when i enter an equation into a cell such as: =product(a1,b1) into cell c1. If a1 is 1000 and b1 is .10 than c1 should equal 100, but it equals 102.04. My calculator is off somehow when i try to multiply. Please help me. Thank You, Kat I'd take a look at the values in A1 and B1. Are they really 1000 and .10 or are they 1000.49999 or .10444 (for example) "Kat and the Calculator" <KatandtheCalculator@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:591A3F6E-7C20-4C88-B1E2-6B76CFF502BA@microsoft.com... > when i enter an equation into a cell such as: =product(a...

Calculating Employee hours for the current week
Hello, I am new to excel and have been assigned the task of creating a file that breaks down the amount of time each of our employees spends on different projects. Most importantly I want to create a rollup sheet that shows the total number of hours all the employees have spent on the different projects (there are 6) for the current week. Is there any way for excel to figure out the current week then add together the hours all the employees worked on these 6 projects? Thanks in advance. Hi, Take a look at the templates available from Microsoft at http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/template...

calculation in menu/tool bar using option buttons and pull-down menus
hello: Like to be able to add a series of calculations into the menu bar. The calculations would require 1 input field, 2 sets of radio (or are they called toggle???) buttons, a pull down list and an answer field that was dependent on the radio buttons, pull down and # inputted. I can do all this in an Excel worksheet fairly easily; however, I'd like to put it up in the menu bar/tool bar area so it is easily accessable no mater what workbook I'm working in. How can I do this? Any places I can read about this on the Web? Thanks for any answers/pointers! For example, the basic con...

What does this calculation do?!
I am working with a colleague to create a spreadsheet to rank supervisor performance through several aspects of the average performance of their employees. We have been given a similar spreadsheet as an example of what is needed. I am looking at it, and initially cannot understand what in the world some of the calcuations are meant to do. Here is one that is meant to calculate the "ranking score." It is a percentage determined by a target percentage and the person's actual performance percentage: =IF(IF(C3>0,(C3/B3),200)>200,200,IF(C3>0,(C3/B3),200)) As far as I ...

Is it possible to make proposals in microsoft CRM?
Hello, I'm trying to figure out if there is a way to make proposals in microsoft CRM? My problem is that we work only with services, not products, and MS CRM can create quotes, orders, and invoices. All of them for products only! But I need to make proposals, for services!! Is there a way to do that? Excuse the english. Setup your services in the product catalog. Define them as you would services either with the total quantity being hours or some other unit. Anne Stanton, MVP-CRM "webbureau" <webbureau@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1175369876.193027.11460@p77g...

Savings Goals, how are they calculated
I have a budget that says I have $1000+ saved each month, when I setup a savings goal for three months down the road for $2000 it says that it is unattainable and the max I could save is $345! What else is calculated into the savings goals other than how much money is left over after each month! It just doesn't make sense. The only help it gives is check out your cash flow... and sure enough, at the time I want my savings goal to be reach it says that the total of my accounts is $4000+ dollars... why does Money keep saying that I can't do a savings goal above $345?!!! This is...

Inserting date calculations

I need help with a formula calculating time
I have a simple spreadsheet calculating the hours worked by a person, In the columns i have start time, end time and hours worked. The columns are formatted into hh:mm. The hours worked are calculated by subtracting end time from start time, based on 24hour clock. This works fine if the hours are worked on the same day, but if the person starts at 18:00 and finishes at 02:00 the subtraction doesnt work. If however i change the formatting of the cells to dd/mm/yyyy hh:mm this will work as the date helps. But i feel this would be too much info to enter for each person if i have ov...

How do you make a....
Dropdown Menu, but then a program that imputs information when a certai one from the dropdown menu is selected. Making an order form that auto puts in information depending on whic vender the user selects. So, for instance. If the user selects "Wal-mart" ( I know bad exampl lol), in the 5 empty cells below it fills out the address that specify. Thanks in advance : -- Akusuzak ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Akusuzaku's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2563 View this thread: http://www.excelforu...

Help With Making Money Online..
Lets face it, you may have a good offer or product but, without website visitors and /or prospects no one will ever know and selling that produc(s) or promoting that offer simply will not work for you. That�s why you will need HELP to get prospects and make it online if you are a regular person with no advertising budget. For information and details on getting the help you need, see me here at:http://cdmurdock-enterprises.com/ETP/ Sincerely, Clint --- MAF Anti-Spam ID: 20050801091614Q6v3VhR8 ...